Police Brutality in the US

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Police Brutality in the US

Postby Corsair » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:10 pm

mdb1958 wrote:People usually dont win arguments with cops so why try, they have a pretty broad stroke when it comes to arrests. Charges dont have to stick, your going to be processed. In her case, the cop did PROBLEM removed.

And that cop is now on administrative leave pending review.

She did the right thing, this cop is in the wrong.

Thank goodness we have laws in this nation, cops don't get to just arrest people for not helping them break the law.
Corsair

Postby Selmon Rules » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:14 pm

Corsair wrote:
Selmon Rules wrote:Dude, I'm a teacher and recently told a kid I would kick him in the nuts as a de-escalation tool. In a vacuum, that would/could result in some sort of disciplinary action but in the context it was said in, I was commended by not only co-workers but administration as well. Did this guy choose his de-escalation technique poorly? Absolutely.... Should the context of the comment be taken into consideration when discipline was handed out? It should be but I doubt it was as the PC popo would have come unglued if he was not fired immediately....

I've never said he should be fired.

I know, didn't take the time to clarify as I should have but my statement was more on the wussification of America in general....

Nobody can or will take the time to consider things in context when it has anything to do with anything considered to be non PC
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
Selmon Rules

Postby Selmon Rules » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:18 pm

Corsair wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:People usually dont win arguments with cops so why try, they have a pretty broad stroke when it comes to arrests. Charges dont have to stick, your going to be processed. In her case, the cop did PROBLEM removed.

And that cop is now on administrative leave pending review.

Thank goodness we have laws in this nation, cops don't get to just arrest people for not helping them break the law.

The cop wasn't blameless in this mess but if I were looking for someone to hold at fault, I would be looking at his LT. Cop shows up to do as ordered and runs into a problem so he calls for advice on what to do. LT should know what to do and how to advise, he dropped the ball big time. Cop will and should catch some crap,over it but if anyone loses job over this it should be LT....
Selmon Rules

Postby Corsair » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:21 pm

The actual reaction by this officer was not suggested by the LT.

He was annoyed at the speaker phone conversation and being told he was making a mistake.

It appeared to me that his response was more out of frustration and in his mind he apparently felt that arresting this innocent woman for calmly telling him no was within his rights.

It wasn't.

The LT didn't tell the officer to get angry and drag the woman out of the hospital.
Corsair

Postby NYBF » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:39 pm

Selmon Rules wrote:
Corsair wrote:And that cop is now on administrative leave pending review.

The cop wasn't blameless in this mess but if I were looking for someone to hold at fault, I would be looking at his LT. Cop shows up to do as ordered and runs into a problem so he calls for advice on what to do. LT should know what to do and how to advise, he dropped the ball big time. Cop will and should catch some crap,over it but if anyone loses job over this it should be LT....

Didn't I read somewhere the officer has previously been in trouble for illegally drawing blood, and was barred from doing so? If that's the case, he's got to be fired immediately. No need for any more investigating.
NYBF

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:56 pm

Breaking news! Corsair agrees with Tucker Carlson!!!
mdb1958

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:57 pm

Err

Breaking news! Tucker Carlson agrees with Corsair!!!
mdb1958

Postby Corsair » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:04 pm

It kinda appears that everyone agrees, except for the "low info voter" still trolling the room.
Corsair

Postby NYBF » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:08 pm

NYBF

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:25 pm

The patient that they wanted blood from was she involved in an accident where someone died? And for the record I dont give this case much care. I stand by Americans having a problem with authority and always trying to make it a big deal.
mdb1958

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:59 pm

Yet, his suspect was not under arrest.

Try again.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Corsair » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:08 pm

mdb1958 wrote:The patient that they wanted blood from was she involved in an accident where someone died?

Link
Corsair

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:19 am

So nobody in here knows. Only so much, Only what they want to. Live to go with the story that draws the biggest crowds.
mdb1958

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:32 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:

Try again.

Words I heard on tape.

Cop: your under arrest
Nurse: your hurting me
Cop: then walk
Nurse: no
Last edited by mdb1958 on Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
mdb1958

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:39 am

Whoever was filming asked the traffic cops why they were there and the one guy said to keep the peace.
mdb1958

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:54 am

Someone higher up set all this in motion. Couldnt get an electronic warrant I guess.

Notch another win against the brutal police.

The nurse telling the cop no, thats what millions of people want to do. Where does that get us?
mdb1958

Postby Corsair » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:56 am

LMAO
Corsair

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:00 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:

Try again.

I wasnt there MB, did they shut the film off and let her out of the car or did she go to booking and then the cop was over ruled?
mdb1958

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:09 am

Corsair wrote:LMAO

I'm not laughing. Most places require you to sign off for a blood test at work. That means if you go to a clinic to get two stitches in your finger they are going to check your blood. If you dont agree - you dont have a job.

I guess your above all that.
mdb1958

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:26 am

Corsair wrote:LMAO

So where do you stand?
Yes sir.
or
No.

From the beginning I havnt been just about this one case.
Do I think if your rights could be violated if you say no? Yeah its possible but a cop thinks it for someone else to decide. No not social media.
Last edited by mdb1958 on Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
mdb1958

Postby Selmon Rules » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:45 am

Corsair wrote:The actual reaction by this officer was not suggested by the LT.

He was annoyed at the speaker phone conversation and being told he was making a mistake.

It appeared to me that his response was more out of frustration and in his mind he apparently felt that arresting this innocent woman for calmly telling him no was within his rights.

It wasn't.

The LT didn't tell the officer to get angry and drag the woman out of the hospital.

The LT should have known about updated laws concerning this if he was going to advise on what to do and how to handle it. If he had been giving correct information, the cop there to draw blood would have been ok to arrest someone for obstruction I would think.

If LT passes along bad info, cop has faulty information to base his decision on, result will always be bad decision.
Selmon Rules

Postby bucfanclw » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:54 am

So based on what mdb is saying here, his ideal country is a police state with no constitutional rights where the citizens just have to submit to whatever the police tell them.

You're in the wrong country.
bucfanclw

Postby Wharf Rat » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:09 am

It feels weird to agree with Corsair, and others, on any topic. But I agree with him here. This cop was asking this woman to break the law. And when she tried to clarify, with hospital administration, the right and lawful course to take, she was arrested with force. We can't so much as touch a patient without their consent, or unless there is a warrant or the patient is under arrest, or it is considered assault and battery.

I think that this further shows that maybe the issue isn't race related. Maybe there are other factors at play. Clearly some people aren't suited to be LEO.
Wharf Rat

Postby NYBF » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:07 am

I want to know what kind of drugs mdb takes.
NYBF

Postby Ken Carson » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:19 am

Wharf Rat wrote:I think that this further shows that maybe the issue isn't race related. Maybe there are other factors at play. Clearly some people aren't suited to be LEO.

It can be both.
Ken Carson

Postby bucfanclw » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:32 am

NYBF wrote:I want to know what kind of drugs mdb takes.

Whichever ones the police tell him.
bucfanclw

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:10 am

Buczone brutality - its a beautiful thing.
mdb1958

Postby deltbucs » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:25 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:Lol, trying to reason with MDB

Good luck!!

This was my fault, I think. I started this mess trying to talk to him like he's not handicapped.
deltbucs

Postby deltbucs » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:27 pm

Selmon Rules wrote:
Corsair wrote:The actual reaction by this officer was not suggested by the LT.

It wasn't.

The LT should have known about updated laws concerning this if he was going to advise on what to do and how to handle it. If he had been giving correct information, the cop there to draw blood would have been ok to arrest someone for obstruction I would think.

If LT passes along bad info, cop has faulty information to base his decision on, result will always be bad decision.

While the LT should have know better too, that doesn't excuse the cop from being incompetent and ignorant. It's literally his job to know the law.
deltbucs

Postby Alpha » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:20 am

Simply put:

My old lady is an RN.

She's ****ing LIVID.

The officer didn't know the law and over-reacted, by all accounts.

We'll wait to see what ACTUALLY happened (IN FULL).

The fact of the matter is...this may be blown out of proportion (although unlikely, at this point) OR this may be a case of a cop who over-reacted and fucked up big time. It wouldn't be the first time either one of these things have happened.

Let everyone lawyer up and figure out the facts of what actually happened before we publicly condemn anyone.

I know that isn't popular these days...we need to convict everyone ON THE SPOT.

There is some video. I doubt this gets swept under the rug. Everyone just calm your tits.

It was a white cop and white nurse so this should be a legit hearing, after all...
Alpha

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion