Police Brutality in the US

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Police Brutality in the US

Postby NYBF » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:42 pm

Whoever is running this smear campaign should be embarrassed.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/search-war ... y-shooting
NYBF

Postby sanka » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:59 pm

Dehumanizing of the dead that’s what this is doing....so she can shed her tears and get sympathy.
"History is a set of lies agreed upon." - Napoleon
sanka

Postby Selmon Rules » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:21 pm

NYBF wrote:Whoever is running this smear campaign should be embarrassed.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/search-war ... y-shooting

Read the headline.... No need to read the rest, irrelevant....
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
Selmon Rules

Postby 0-26 Survivor » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:11 pm

NYBF wrote:I put the story in this thread because she was a cop, in uniform, who killed someone for no reason.

Was it also you who had a problem with me putting a school shooting in the mass shooting thread because "only" 1 person died?

To make you, and those like you, happy, I'm going to start a new thread for every jackass who commits a crime with a gun. This way maybe you won't get a yeast infection from your wadded up panties.

Do not, under any circumstances, hold back.

Tell them how you REALLY feel.
0-26 Survivor

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:56 pm

Does anyone have any issue with this? What are the drawbacks of a program like this becoming law?

New law requires Texas students to view video on how to interact with police before graduating

Texas high school students should plan on watching a video about conducting themselves around police officers if they want to graduate from high school.

What are the details of the video?
A new Texas law mandates that high school students view a video on diffusing tensions between civilians and law enforcement.

The Community Safety Education Act was signed into law in 2017 and requires that all high school students watch the video — and take the corresponding class — on proper conduct when dealing with officers of the law during traffic stops.

Texas state Sen. Royce West (D) authored the legislation in an attempt to define the expectations of law enforcement and citizens during traffic stops.

High school seniors will not be able to graduate if they do not fulfill this requirement, according to the new law.

What is the video about?
The video, titled “Flashing Lights,” utilizes re-enactments of law enforcement officials and citizens engaging one another.

The video includes pointers such as “Don’t move around or reach for anything.” Other directives include “Officers don’t always have a clear view into your vehicle, so keep your hands visible” and “Let the officer know [if] you’re reaching into the console.”

The training video also offers tips to educate citizens on their rights, such as whether they must get out of the car, or decline if an officer requests to search a vehicle. It’s also broken into four distinct parts, which include the role of law enforcement, citizens’ rights, proper behavior, and filing a complaint.

The Texas Commission on Law Enforcement produced the video, and collaborated on its content with the Department of Licensing and Regulation, as well as the State Board of Education.

What else?
West, who is featured in the video, said that the content was specifically designed to ensure a bond of trust between officers and citizens.

In the video, West says, “The goal of the Act was to define the behavior expectations of citizens and law enforcement during traffic interactions. We know that in some communities there’s an issue concerning trust between law enforcement and the community.”
DreadNaught

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:22 pm

I have no problem if that is used in schools...though I wouldn't use it in my school if i was a principal
Zarniwoop

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:40 pm

I have an issue with the fact that its remotely necessary.
Mountaineer Buc

Previous

Return to Politics and Religion