Who is the Dem 2020 pick?

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Who is the Dem 2020 pick?

Postby MJW » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:56 pm

Was there ever any actual evidence RE Abrams and voter fraud, or is this just an urban legend we're going to repeat until it's accepted as true?
MJW

Postby MJW » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:01 pm

Pete and Tulsi having a catfight. He thought he had her dead to rights and she turned it around on him RE: Assad.
MJW

Postby MJW » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:01 pm

"The political system we have is fundamentally corrupt, so clearly we need more system to fix it."

- Bernie, basically
MJW

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:03 pm

MJW wrote:"The political system we have is fundamentally corrupt, so clearly we need more system to fix it."

- Bernie, basically

Not at all.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:04 pm

MJW wrote:Pete and Tulsi having a catfight. He thought he had her dead to rights and she turned it around on him RE: Assad.

They needed to keep that going. She was kicking his ass.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:04 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:A DNA test revealed Hunter Biden fathered a baby with another woman while he was dating his brother's widow.

Congrats to Joe Biden on his 6th grandchild.

I didn't realise Hunter was trying to get on the Republican ballot... good luck, buddy.

Why are you not happy for Joe Biden welcoming his 6th grandchild into the world?
DreadNaught

Postby MJW » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:05 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
MJW wrote:Pete and Tulsi having a catfight. He thought he had her dead to rights and she turned it around on him RE: Assad.

They needed to keep that going. She was kicking his ass.

I thought he had just killed her, but she turned it back on him, smooth as silk. She defended her decision and basically called him a *****. Genuinely impressed.
MJW

Postby MJW » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:06 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:I didn't realise Hunter was trying to get on the Republican ballot... good luck, buddy.

Why are you not happy for Joe Biden welcoming his 6th grandchild into the world?

Did he want them to have it? Because if he didn't, it's not a "grandchild." It's a mass of cells. Gotta find out how the family feels about it before deciding if it deserves to live.
MJW

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:08 pm

MJW wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:They needed to keep that going. She was kicking his ass.

I thought he had just killed her, but she turned it back on him, smooth as silk. She defended her decision and basically called him a *****. Genuinely impressed.

He hurt himself there. No doubt.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby MJW » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:20 pm

"America is great. The American system allowed the daughter of a janitor to become a Senator and a POTUS candidate. Now is when we have to destroy the American system."

- Shorter Liz
MJW

Postby MJW » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:21 pm

Oh, no, Joe Biden just suggested that people might be responsible for improving their country, instead of just letting the government do it for them. Does he know how hard it is to volunteer an hour a week at your co-op when you've been misgendered by your barista? Get ready for the "OK BOOMER" treatment.
MJW

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:32 pm

Biden wasn't good. Too many senior moments occuring. Just not sharp.
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:38 pm

Warren won. Took no hits, did the clean up this mess bit that makes her look good.

Bernie is constant as the northern star. Looked younger than Biden, sharper than Biden, good not great performance.

Tulsi had to fight off Kamala and Pete and did. She lives to fight another day. She's getting googled right now.

Booker did well, you can't trust the guy, but he's got more savvy than he gets credit for.

Yang went a whole debate workout mentioning UBI and still did well.

Pete was a silver tounged devil for most of the debate until he went after Tulsi and broke character. You could argue she exposed him for the corporatist he is.

Might be the last we see of Klobuchar. Her trembling like a Chihuahua distracts from her hokey delivery.

Kamala is swinging for the fences for her constituents in the daytime talk crowd, but she's on life support.

Biden is a mess. Completely out of touch, still stammering, stepping on rhetorical rakes. MSNBC is picking up the pieces as I write this.

The billionaire is an also ran.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Brazen331 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:54 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Warren won. Took no hits, did the clean up this mess bit that makes her look good.

Bernie is constant as the northern star. Looked younger than Biden, sharper than Biden, good not great performance.

Tulsi had to fight off Kamala and Pete and did. She lives to fight another day. She's getting googled right now.

Booker did well, you can't trust the guy, but he's got more savvy than he gets credit for.

Pete was a silver tounged devil for most of the debate until he went after Tulsi and broke character. You could argue she exposed him for the corporatist he is.

Might be the last we see of Klobuchar. Her trembling like a Chihuahua distracts from her hokey delivery.

Kamala is swinging for the fences for her constituents in the daytime talk crowd, but she's on life support.

Biden is a mess. Completely out of touch, still stammering, stepping on rhetorical rakes. MSNBC is picking up the pieces as I write this.

When do Warren and Sanders not win when MB evaluates?
Brazen331

Postby MJW » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:56 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Warren won. Took no hits, did the clean up this mess bit that makes her look good.

I probably agree Warren won. She continues to exist at the proper nexus between being woke and being an adult for this stage. And nobody attacked her about her ridiculous "cost neutral" economic platform.

I disagree Bernie looks younger than Biden. Bernie looks like Walter Donovan ten seconds after he drinks from the wrong cup. Bernie looks sharper, but that's a low bar right now. Also, when you actually believe what you're saying, it's easier to keep your stories straight, so that always works for him. I still don't believe he has any actionable PLANS.

Tulsi, again, showed the difference between being sharp and being glib. Pete was glib, Tulsi was sharp. Pete is very canned and that's starting to come across. As usual, Tulsi had to play defense when she even got the chance to speak.

Booker might be smarter than he gets credit for, but he's still incredibly off-putting.

Kamala is less "African American" than Charlize Theron. She's obviously identified an avenue of approach/attack, but I don't think it'll help much. She's a phony and a cop.

Klobuchar tried to work in her midwestern ties as we approach Iowa, but she had little impact as far as I can tell. She's likely done.

Yang is the smartest guy in the room. But he seems out of place in the room as well. Maybe it's that he looks so young, or maybe it's that he has a few new ideas, but I found myself listening to him and not taking him seriously, even when he made sense. I wonder if that's a sentiment Dem voters share?

Biden is the exact same guy he was last month. Bumbling and confused. And like it or don't, he's still the favorite. Maybe it's that so many defended him when he was a bumbling, confused VP candidate that now they'd feel hypocritical abandoning him for being those things.

Tom Steyer spent more money to be on that stage than some sovereign nations see in GDP a year. I hope it was worth it.
MJW

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:00 am

Brazen331 wrote:

Warren loses when she gets asked specifics.

Bernie loses when he doesn't fight back against smears.

Neither of those things happened tonight.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby MJW » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:07 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:

Warren loses when she gets asked specifics.

This isn't wrong. Though to be fair (tooooo beeeeee faaaaaaaiiiiir), Bernie basically never gets asked specifics or I don't know if he'd fair much better. In Warren's case, it's because her plans have more fuzzy math than MIT hosting a furry-themed Halloween party. For Bernie, it's because plans are a Bolshevik plot meant to derail revolution.
MJW

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:08 am

Chris Matthews badgering Tulsi right now.

And they wonder why she has crossover support.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Swashy » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:11 am

MJW wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Warren loses when she gets asked specifics.

This isn't wrong. Though to be fair (tooooo beeeeee faaaaaaaiiiiir), Bernie basically never gets asked specifics or I don't know if he'd fair much better. In Warren's case, it's because her plans have more fuzzy math than MIT hosting a furry-themed Halloween party. For Bernie, it's because plans are a Bolshevik plot meant to derail revolution.

Wish they weren't so fuckin awkward bud.
Swashy

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:17 am

MJW wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Warren loses when she gets asked specifics.

The current strategy is to ignore him. It's so obvious it has its own subreddit. They won't ask him for specifics because they want to minimize his exposure. ABC news covered his campaign for a whopping 9 minutes last month and he's currently 2nd in Iowa and leading in New Hampshire with 4 million individual donors. He got there months faster than he did in 2016 but they'll never acknowledge that publicly.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Alpha » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:27 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
MJW wrote:

The current strategy is to ignore him. It's so obvious it has its own subreddit. They won't ask him for specifics because they want to minimize his exposure. ABC news covered his campaign for a whopping 9 minutes last month and he's currently 2nd in Iowa and leading in New Hampshire with 4 million individual donors. He got there months faster than he did in 2016 but they'll never acknowledge that publicly.

First...Bernie scares centrists (and I count myself in that group). I stand to lose a bit, if his "plans" come to fruition. And I'm not only speaking for myself. That said, after getting royally SCREWED in the last DNC, I understand why his supporters are jumpy.

And don't get it twisted...it's ALL "fuzzy math". Trump included. That's politics. Everyone is arguing how their numbers "work". Nothing new under the sun.

in the end, I think Pete appeals to the most D's. Especially when you get out of the Northeast. I can see Bernie legitimately losing the nomination...as opposed to it being stolen from him (like last election).

On the other hand...I wouldn't mind seeing him win it. Simply to see how his nomination would create absolute chaos...
Alpha

Postby TheChefO » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:50 am

Agreed for the most part - two things:

1) Was wrong when they started talking about entrepreneurship and completely ignored Yang ... the guy on the stage that was recognized by the White House for his efforts in assisting Entrepreneurs and has a plan to scale it ... UBI
2) The billionaire on the end and I may disagree on the majority of policy proposals, but if you want a guy that won't sell out again ...
TheChefO

Postby HamBone » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:37 am

People actually watched those debates? Or is everyone basing their posts off someone else’s analysis of the debate?
HamBone

Postby TheChefO » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:10 am

HamBone wrote:People actually watched those debates? Or is everyone basing their posts off someone else’s analysis of the debate?

Mrs Chef and I did. Entertaining.
TheChefO

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:26 am

Did the Green New Public Housing Bill come up...the one Sanders recently released?

I’d be interesting in hearing what they said about it
Zarniwoop

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:53 am

Zarniwoop wrote:Did the Green New Public Housing Bill come up...the one Sanders recently released?

No. Styer went on about building units of housing supply, but the topic was not tackled at any depth.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby TheChefO » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:02 am

Zarniwoop wrote:Did the Green New Public Housing Bill come up...the one Sanders recently released?

UBI helps here immensely. Live wherever is cheap to live. No need to cram people into Ghettos/projects/public housing.

Detach funds from a specific place also helps reduce government corruption.
TheChefO

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:09 am

TheChefO wrote:

UBI helps here immensely. Live wherever is cheap to live. No need to cram people into Ghettos/projects/public housing.

That's not how it works.

With the only proposed UBI:

Everyone will get $1,000 per month EXCEPT the people who collect more from the government than $1,000 per month. They will stay on their plans.

Almost all of the people living on government subsidies will still...live on government subsidies.

The people living in public housing will still live there.
uscbucsfan

Postby TheChefO » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:15 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
TheChefO wrote:

That's not how it works.

With the only proposed UBI:

Everyone will get $1,000 per month EXCEPT the people who collect more from the government than $1,000 per month. They will stay on their plans.

Almost all of the people living on government subsidies will still...live on government subsidies.

The people living in public housing will still live there.

Yes, this version isn't ideal IMO.

Ideally the public option goes away entirely, but for new additions ("there isn't enough affordable housing") this solution would apply in a slower manor, but still would apply none the less...
TheChefO

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:19 am

HamBone wrote:People actually watched those debates? Or is everyone basing their posts off someone else’s analysis of the debate?

I watched them to the extent the TV was on and I had the volume up while I laid in bed on my phone with one earbud so I could multi-task.

I would pay attention to certain topics or when specific people spoke though. Mainly just Bernie, Biden, Tulsi and Yang for different reasons.
DreadNaught

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion