Who is the Dem 2020 pick?

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Who is the Dem 2020 pick?

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:44 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:I'd love for one of the candidates to include ending the "war on drugs" as a step of immigration reform. Take the power away from the cartels by making their product a legally traded good and they will start to fall apart.

#crazylibideasfromclewy

Yeah I’m with you on that

?
mdb1958

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:51 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:There’s a few in Congress that say they want to do it ... who knows if they would.

It largely comes down to what type of drugs too. Many support legalizing recreational stuff like marijuana but oppose other things like opioids and narcotics

There’s certainly room for many differing ideas here

That way you could teach the new meth methheads behind 2 inches of plexiglas.

You people scare me.
mdb1958

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:55 pm

Like its a badge of honor to be the most drug addicted country in the entire world and still have time to scream about global warming. The world is laughing at you.
mdb1958

Postby Ken Carson » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:33 pm

As someone who lives in a city where thousands of people die from ODs every year, I’m not super excited to jump on the “legalize all drugs” bandwagon. The reason people OD has zero to do with the legality of the drugs. It has everything to do with the prevalence of them. I can see not a lot of good things happening if all of a sudden there was a booming opioids business in my city.
Ken Carson

Postby Zarniwoop » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:38 pm

For the record, I’m not on that bandwagon either...that’s why I posted there are lots of places between the extreme position we have now (where virtually all drugs are criminalized) and a legalize everything position
Zarniwoop

Postby beardmcdoug » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:27 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:For the record, I’m not on that bandwagon either...that’s why I posted there are lots of places between the extreme position we have now (where virtually all drugs are criminalized) and a legalize everything position

That’s where I was too, so I decided to see about the big picture, and I just read these three different sources on this. Here are my thoughts:

1) ACLU says over half (52%) of all drug related arrests are marijuana possession/sale

Source: https://www.aclu.org/gallery/marijuana-arrests-numbers

2) A good Vox article talks about how, overall, only 21% of incarcerations are for non-violent drug offenses (which is still a significant total number of people, but not significant enough, in my opinion, to be something that would drive the “prison industrial complex”). 41% of people incarcerated are for violent crimes... we want halt “mass incarceration” in the US? We should stop committing crimes...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/policy-and-politics/2018/4/16/17243080/marijuana-legalization-mass-incarceration-boehner

3) 2018 National Drug Threat Assessment by the DEA. Shows graph showing drug related deaths continues to increase, and has seen a jump in recent years (thanks to Fentanyl and increased prescription drug use/abuse)

Here’s the drug by drug assessment:

Controlled Prescription Drugs (CPDs): CPDs are still responsible for the most drug-involved overdose deaths and are the second most commonly abused substance in the United States. As CPD abuse has increased significantly, traffickers are now disguising other opioids as CPDs in attempts to gain access to new users. Most individuals who report misuse of prescription pain relievers cite physical pain as the most common reason for abuse; these misused pain relievers are most frequently obtained from a friend or relative.

Heroin: Heroin use and availability continue to increase in the United States. The occurrence of heroin mixed with fentanyl is also increasing. Mexico remains the primary source of heroin available in the United States according to all available sources of intelligence, including law enforcement investigations and scientific data. Further, significant increases in opium poppy cultivation and heroin production in Mexico allow Mexican TCOs to supply high-purity, low-cost heroin, even as U.S. demand has continued to increase.

Fentanyl and Other Synthetic Opioids: Illicit fentanyl and other synthetic opioids — primarily sourced from China and Mexico—are now the most lethal category of opioids used in the United States. Traffickers— wittingly or unwittingly— are increasingly selling fentanyl to users without mixing it with any other controlled substances and are also increasingly selling fentanyl in the form of counterfeit prescription pills. Fentanyl suppliers will continue to experiment with new fentanyl-related substances and adjust supplies in attempts to circumvent new regulations imposed by the United States, China, and Mexico.

Cocaine: Cocaine availability and use in the United States have rebounded, in large part due to the significant increases in coca cultivation and cocaine production in Colombia. As a result, past-year cocaine initiates and cocaine-involved overdose deaths are exceeding 2007 benchmark levels. Simultaneously, the increasing presence of fentanyl in the cocaine supply, likely related to the ongoing opioid crisis, is exacerbating the re-merging cocaine threat.

Methamphetamine: Methamphetamine remains prevalent and widely available, with most of the methamphetamine available in the United States being produced in Mexico and smuggled across the Southwest Border (SWB). Domestic production occurs at much lower levels than in Mexico, and seizures of domestic methamphetamine laboratories have declined steadily for many years.

Source: https://www.dea.gov/sites/default/files/2018-11/DIR-032-18%202018%20NDTA%20final%20low%20resolution.pdf

My conclusion:
- legalize marijuana across the board immediately. Clear names of those already charge. Only marijuana. Not other drugs - due to increased mixing with fentanyl
- INCREASE penalties for heroin, cocaine and meth possession/sale
- double border patrol funding.
- double ICE
- build the ****ing wall
- crackdown on doctors abusing prescription writing
- crackdown on opioid producers and broaden regulatory language so that adding one molecule to the drug molecular structure doesn’t allow the drug producers to circumvent regulation

- Puts a stop to 50% of drug related arrests which were for relatively harmless marijuana - which can’t be mixed with synthetic drugs. Does justice to the 4x likely-arrested for marijuana-related “crimes” black community
- secure border limits influx /availability of harder drugs
- increased penalties for harder drugs disincentives use of those drugs
- with legalization and availability of marijuana coupled with increased prices/ more difficult access / harsher penalties for using harder drugs, the hard-drug market should dry up the market, dry up trafficking, dry up trafficking crime, increase legal sales/tax income of marijuana, and precipitously drop drug related deaths in the US
Last edited by beardmcdoug on Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beardmcdoug

Postby Ken Carson » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:23 pm

I believe that trafficking drugs is also considered a nonviolent drug crime. I’d like to see how many of the 21% of incarcerations are for possession vs possession w/intent or trafficking. I don’t think smoking weed should land you in jail. I think selling opioids to minors should.
Ken Carson

Postby uscbucsfan » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:26 pm

Ken Carson wrote:I believe that trafficking drugs is also considered a nonviolent drug crime. I’d like to see how many of the 21% of incarcerations are for possession vs possession w/intent or trafficking. I don’t think smoking weed should land you in jail. I think selling opioids to minors should.

Trafficking is included in those numbers and obviously shouldn't be legal.
uscbucsfan

Postby Ken Carson » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:33 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:I believe that trafficking drugs is also considered a nonviolent drug crime. I’d like to see how many of the 21% of incarcerations are for possession vs possession w/intent or trafficking. I don’t think smoking weed should land you in jail. I think selling opioids to minors should.

Trafficking is included in those numbers and obviously shouldn't be legal.

Right. That’s why I want to see the breakdown.
Ken Carson

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:46 pm

In my life its like reading a book titled how to die before age fifty.
mdb1958

Postby TheChefO » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:42 am

beardmcdoug wrote:...

My conclusion:
- legalize marijuana across the board immediately. Clear names of those already charge. Only marijuana. Not other drugs - due to increased mixing with fentanyl
- double ICE
- build the ****ing wall
- crackdown on opioid producers and broaden regulatory language so that adding one molecule to the drug molecular structure doesn’t allow the drug producers to circumvent regulation

- Puts a stop to 50% of drug related arrests which were for relatively harmless marijuana - which can’t be mixed with synthetic drugs. Does justice to the 4x likely-arrested for marijuana-related “crimes” black community
- with legalization and availability of marijuana coupled with increased prices/ more difficult access / harsher penalties for using harder drugs, the hard-drug market should dry up the market, dry up trafficking, dry up trafficking crime, increase legal sales/tax income of marijuana, and precipitously drop drug related deaths in the US

Excellent post Beard, spot on with one caveat that I was unaware of until recently:

(This has nothing to do with plant potency)

The marijuana that many of us are familiar with is not the same now as it was way back and what you might have pictured in your mind. The current "medical marijuana" craze that hit Florida saw a rise in synthetic designer cocktails blended together in pill form (and I assume for vaping as well) that are nothing like a typical joint from years back (or currently for some of you). The potency and effects are miles apart and with it, the deadly affects.

I had a friend on such a cocktail (prescribed by the 'doctor', of course) die from overdose on "medical marijuana" earlier this year.

There needs to be a clear distinction between the craziness going on right now under the guise of "medical marijuana" and the actual plant that many have rolled into a paper and lit the other end.
On the former, deadly, on the latter, I have never (even among the heaviest user) heard of someone smoking so much marijuana that they killed themselves.

Turning this plant into a business with little oversight for boundaries of acceptability is a non-starter IMO. Legalize the plant. Going beyond this there are household items that are legal by themselves, but mixed in certain ways produces an entirely different product with entirely different intent.

Ditto here.
Last edited by TheChefO on Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheChefO

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:49 am

TheChefO wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:...

My conclusion:
- double ICE
- build the ****ing wall

Excellent post Beard, spot on with one caveat that I was unaware of until recently:

(This has nothing to do with a much more potent plant being grown) The marijuana that many of us are familiar with is not the same now as it was way back and what you might have pictured in your mind. The current "medical marijuana" craze that hit Florida saw a rise in synthetic designer cocktails blended together in pill form (and I assume for vaping as well) that are nothing like a typical joint from years back (or currently for some of you). The potency and effects are miles apart and with it, the deadly affects.

I had a friend on such a cocktail (prescribed by the 'doctor', of course) die from overdose on "medical marijuana" earlier this year.

There needs to be a clear distinction between the craziness going on right now under the guise of "medical marijuana" and the actual plant that many have rolled into a paper and lit the other end.
On the former, deadly, on the latter, I have never (even among the heaviest user) heard of someone smoking so much marijuana that they killed themselves.

Turning this plant into a business with little oversight for boundaries of acceptability is a non-starter IMO. Legalize the plant. Going beyond this there are household items that are legal by themselves, but mixed in certain ways produces an entirely different product with entirely different intent.

Ditto here.

I'm going to call bullshit.

There's been one death linked to THC overdose and it was so loosely tied to THC that it's not considered legit. A woman in Louisiana died after getting high. It was a small dose of THC, but the coroner said there was no other normal signs to cause death, so she assigned it as a THC overdose.

Cannabis is not something that is granted protections, either. Many want a reason to label it dangerous.
uscbucsfan

Postby TheChefO » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:46 am

uscbucsfan wrote:I'm going to call bullshit.

I'll pm the name and address so you can let his parents know how you feel about it in your own words ...
TheChefO

Postby deltbucs » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:46 am

TheChefO wrote:I had a friend on such a cocktail (prescribed by the 'doctor', of course) die from overdose on "medical marijuana" earlier this year.

I believe it. I had a friend that only did 2 marijuanas and it permanently turn him gay. I hope you will pray with me that our Lord and Savior, Donald Trump, will ungay him.

Don't do the marijuanas, kids. Not even once!
deltbucs

Postby TheChefO » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:49 am

deltbucs wrote:
TheChefO wrote:I had a friend on such a cocktail (prescribed by the 'doctor', of course) die from overdose on "medical marijuana" earlier this year.

I believe it. I had a friend that only did 2 marijuanas and it permanently turn him gay. I hope you will pray with me that our Lord and Savior, Donald Trump, will ungay him.

I made the distinction rather clear in my post fucktard.
TheChefO

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:50 am

TheChefO wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:I'm going to call bullshit.

I'll pm the name and address so you can let his parents know how you feel about it in your own words ...

Right.

This holds as much weight as Trump's story that vaccinations made a perfect toddler autistic, just like that.

Edit: I'll be waiting for your PM with the name of the women from Lousiana. Otherwise, I guess "they" are covering this up?
uscbucsfan

Postby deltbucs » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:53 am

TheChefO wrote:
deltbucs wrote:I believe it. I had a friend that only did 2 marijuanas and it permanently turn him gay. I hope you will pray with me that our Lord and Savior, Donald Trump, will ungay him.

Will you pray with me that our Lord Trump will ungay my friend that got turned gay from doing just 2 marijuanas?
Last edited by deltbucs on Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
deltbucs

Postby TheChefO » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:54 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
TheChefO wrote:

Right.

This holds as much weight as Trump's story that vaccinations made a perfect toddler autistic, just like that.

Edit: I'll be waiting for your PM with the name of the women from Lousiana. Otherwise, I guess "they" are covering this up?

Sent.
TheChefO

Postby TheChefO » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:55 am

deltbucs wrote:
TheChefO wrote:

Will you pray with my that our Lord Trump will ungay my friend that got turned gay from doing just 2 marijuanas?

**** you.
TheChefO

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:58 am

deltbucs wrote:
TheChefO wrote:

Will you pray with my that our Lord Trump will ungay my friend that got turned gay from doing just 2 marijuanas?

Trump doesn't care about your friend being gay, Pence on the other hand I'm not so sure about.

But too many marijuanas can do crazy things. My friend overdosed after injecting 3 marijuanas.
DreadNaught

Postby deltbucs » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:00 am

TheChefO wrote:
deltbucs wrote:Will you pray with my that our Lord Trump will ungay my friend that got turned gay from doing just 2 marijuanas?

**** you.

Reported
deltbucs

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:09 am

TheChefO wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:Right.

Sent.

Just as I thought, nothing other than an obituary. I'm sure there's some grand cover up that you've created, though.
uscbucsfan

Postby TheChefO » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:40 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
TheChefO wrote:
Sent.

Just as I thought, nothing other than an obituary. I'm sure there's some grand cover up that you've created, though.

I'm sure you know more about his death than I do.

Getting off track ... bottom line, grow and smoke whatever you want.

However, do not confuse this with what is happening right now under the guise of "medical marijuana".
Last edited by TheChefO on Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheChefO

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:42 am

TheChefO wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:

I'm sure you know more about his death than I do.

Judging by your assessment of the death, that might be true.
uscbucsfan

Postby NYBF » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:07 am

That friend's name - Albert Einstein
NYBF

Postby Kress » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:25 pm

deltbucs wrote:I believe it. I had a friend that only did 2 marijuanas and it permanently turn him gay. I hope you will pray with me that our Lord and Savior, Donald Trump, will ungay him.

Did he use the suppositories? I'm guessing so, because those are the particularly dangerous marijuanas. I can't post the link right now, but there is a whole study that compares the gay effects of putting it up your butt versus taking it orally.
Kress

Postby Buc You » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:38 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:I'm sure there's some grand cover up that you've created, though.

MJanon
Buc You

Postby Selmon Rules » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:37 pm

Kress wrote:

Did he use the suppositories? I'm guessing so, because those are the particularly dangerous marijuanas. I can't post the link right now, but there is a whole study that compares the gay effects of putting it up your butt versus taking it orally.

I'm not a doctor but I believe taking it orally or anally makes you turn gay..... Not that there's anything wrong with that
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
Selmon Rules

Postby The Outsider » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:15 pm

Well this is 100% some of the dumbest **** I've ever read.

The toxicity of THC in animals is in the range of 40 mg/kg to 130 mg/kg intravenously so at 200 lbs your friend would have had to have 8,000 ****ing milligrams of THC pumped directly in to their veins to kill them. And that's at the extreme low end of the spectrum.

Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK430823/
The Outsider

Postby TheChefO » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:37 pm

The Outsider wrote:The toxicity of THC in animals is in the range of 40 mg/kg to 130 mg/kg intravenously so at 200 lbs your friend would have had to have 8,000 ****ing milligrams of THC pumped directly in to their veins to kill them. And that's at the extreme low end of the spectrum.

I'm sure many of you are more knowledgeable in designer variants of "medical marijuana" which have been turned into pill form (and or vape).

I'm not here to debate those variants. My point was the naive assumption that the medical marijuana industry is the same as smoking a joint is inaccurate.
What the exact mix was that caused his death, I don't recall.

All I know is the pills he was on were said to be some flavor of medical marijuana and months before he killed himself himself with them, he was already on the exit ramp.

The effects were nothing like smoking a joint, or a blunt.

Was it "8,000 ****ing milligrams of THC"? I don't know. I'm not an expert on it. Prior to his switching to these pills, he would take other medications to sleep, and for other mental issues. He then switched out to these designer medical marijuana pills and was a walking vegetable while on them, deteriorating his relationships and eventually taking his life.

If you sick bastards want to laugh it off, that's on you.
TheChefO

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion