Page 153 of 163

Re: Who is the Dem 2020 pick?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:50 pm
by HamBone
Snake wrote:Bloomberg is in?


Looks like he is preparing to enter the race.

Re: Who is the Dem 2020 pick?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:58 pm
by Snake
HamBone wrote:
Snake wrote:Bloomberg is in?


Looks like he is preparing to enter the race.

Gifting Trump the election. lol

Re: Who is the Dem 2020 pick?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:18 pm
by NavyBuc
This reminds me of when Giuliani got in late. Won’t make much of an Impact. He would likely take some votes away from Biden.

Re: Who is the Dem 2020 pick?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:35 pm
by Ken Carson
I don’t see Bloomberg as a factor. We don’t need him.

Re: Who is the Dem 2020 pick?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:35 pm
by Zarniwoop
Bloomberg won’t have much impact at all IMO. The parties would be sure to keep him out of the debates to minimize his role

Re: Who is the Dem 2020 pick?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:29 pm
by Mountaineer Buc
Bloomberg is the third Billionaire to run for this nomination. Because this is the party of the common man.

Re: Who is the Dem 2020 pick?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:16 am
by MJW
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Bloomberg is the third Billionaire to run for this nomination. Because this is the party of the common man.


LOL. Why not? He bought his Mayorship (not sure if that's a word - probably not.) We both know that national politics isn't a game for the common man any more than collecting Renaissance art is a hobby for the common man.

I'm curious if Bill De Blasio dropping out left America with a gaping hole in their hearts for, "Wildly unpopular and unlikable NYC Mayors with at least one core belief guaranteed to deeply offend literally every voter?"

Re: Who is the Dem 2020 pick?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:13 am
by Brazen331
Anybody check out Bernie’s new immigration plan: halt all deportations, abolish ICE, grant illegal immigrants full access to the welfare system, welcome 50,000 ‘climate migrants’ in the first year of his administration. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner. He is taking these policies all the way to the White House, baby.

Re: Who is the Dem 2020 pick?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:21 am
by TheChefO
Brazen331 wrote:Anybody check out Bernie’s new immigration plan:
halt all deportations,
abolish ICE,
grant illegal immigrants full access to the welfare system,
welcome 50,000 ‘climate migrants’ in the first year of his administration.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.

He is taking these policies all the way to the White House, baby.


LMAO ... and some people still don't think he's controlled opp. :lol:

I wonder who he's holding the door open for this time?

Re: Who is the Dem 2020 pick?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:46 am
by Zarniwoop
Brazen331 wrote:Anybody check out Bernie’s new immigration plan: halt all deportations, abolish ICE, grant illegal immigrants full access to the welfare system, welcome 50,000 ‘climate migrants’ in the first year of his administration. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner. He is taking these policies all the way to the White House, baby.




Do you have a link to this? I’d love to read it in his words

Re: Who is the Dem 2020 pick?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:05 am
by Brazen331
Zarniwoop wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:Anybody check out Bernie’s new immigration plan: halt all deportations, abolish ICE, grant illegal immigrants full access to the welfare system, welcome 50,000 ‘climate migrants’ in the first year of his administration. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner. He is taking these policies all the way to the White House, baby.




Do you have a link to this? I’d love to read it in his words


I don't have a link to his personal description of the plan. But I got this information from both Fox News and the Intercept, both ends of the spectrum.

Re: Who is the Dem 2020 pick?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:06 am
by Zarniwoop
Brazen331 wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:


Do you have a link to this? I’d love to read it in his words


I don't have a link to his personal description of the plan. But I got this information from both Fox News and the Intercept, both ends of the spectrum.



ok thanks, i'll poke around for it. I have heard him at times mention many (but not all) of the things you described.

Re: Who is the Dem 2020 pick?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:12 am
by Brazen331
Zarniwoop wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:
I don't have a link to his personal description of the plan. But I got this information from both Fox News and the Intercept, both ends of the spectrum.



ok thanks, i'll poke around for it. I have heard him at times mention many (but not all) of the things you described.


He is abolishing more than just ICE, it seems any related governmental agency concerned with immigration enforcement. Bernie is determined to get to the Left of Warren it appears.

Re: Who is the Dem 2020 pick?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:13 am
by NavyBuc
This smells a lot like 2016 when Rubio/Cruz cancelled each other out by splitting the vote and Trump was the benefactor. This could be the same situation where Warren/Sanders split the liberal vote and Biden is the benefactor. Not sure if Pete will garner enough support to become a factor post-Iowa, but I'm not sure Sanders or Warren can win if the other stays in the race.

Re: Who is the Dem 2020 pick?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:14 am
by bucfanclw
I certainly am not on board with that plan, based on what I've seen so far.

Re: Who is the Dem 2020 pick?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:19 am
by MJW
NavyBuc wrote:This smells a lot like 2016 when Rubio/Cruz cancelled each other out by splitting the vote and Trump was the benefactor. This could be the same situation where Warren/Sanders split the liberal vote and Biden is the benefactor. Not sure if Pete will garner enough support to become a factor post-Iowa, but I'm not sure Sanders or Warren can win if the other stays in the race.


This has been my take for some time. The longer Bernie stays in, the more support he drains from Warren, and the better Biden's chances are. If Bernie dropped out now, Liz would be the frontrunner by all metrics. If Bernie's goal was actually making America more progressive, he'd throw all his support to her now. But that wouldn't do anything for Bernie, so it's not happening. I defy MB to provide another explanation.

Re: Who is the Dem 2020 pick?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:20 am
by Brazen331
bucfanclw wrote:I certainly am not on board with that plan, based on what I've seen so far.


Has he gotten too Liberal for you? Bernie will never get too Liberal for MB, though. Ever.

Re: Who is the Dem 2020 pick?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:21 am
by Zarniwoop
MJW wrote: I defy MB to provide another explanation.



that's not hard...He thinks he has a chance to win and he thinks he is better than Warren.

Re: Who is the Dem 2020 pick?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:24 am
by MJW
Zarniwoop wrote:
MJW wrote: I defy MB to provide another explanation.



that's not hard...He thinks he has a chance to win and he thinks he is better than Warren.


He's wrong on the first count, and he's 92 years old with a bad heart.

Liz Warren is just awful, but she has Bernie's platform, she's not part of the Greatest Generation, and she appeals to women voters. She has a much better chance of winning the General. Anyone being honest with Bernie has to have explained this to him by this point. He's a symbol, not a candidate. She's a candidate.

Re: Who is the Dem 2020 pick?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:35 am
by Brazen331
MJW wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:

that's not hard...He thinks he has a chance to win and he thinks he is better than Warren.


He's wrong on the first count, and he's 92 years old with a bad heart.

Liz Warren is just awful, but she has Bernie's platform, she's not part of the Greatest Generation, and she appeals to women voters. She has a much better chance of winning the General. Anyone being honest with Bernie has to have explained this to him by this point. He's a symbol, not a candidate. She's a candidate.


MB will point to all the head-to-head polls that have Sanders beating Trump.

Re: Who is the Dem 2020 pick?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:33 am
by RedLeader
Polling for Bernie is the hip thing to do, but people vote differently when chips are down.

The conscious is loudest in the booth....


“Bernie does look old...”



“A bit cooky too...”.





“crotchety...”



“Actually reminds me of my crazy uncle...”




“Trump isn’t that bad. He’s a douche but he’s getting **** done. “




“**** it. My 401 is actually looking good. **** Ukraine. Biden is just as dirty. I’ll just tell everyone at buczone I voted Bernie. “


Lol

Re: Who is the Dem 2020 pick?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:46 am
by PrimeMinister
MJW wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:

that's not hard...He thinks he has a chance to win and he thinks he is better than Warren.


He's wrong on the first count, and he's 92 years old with a bad heart.

Liz Warren is just awful, but she has Bernie's platform, she's not part of the Greatest Generation, and she appeals to women voters. She has a much better chance of winning the General. Anyone being honest with Bernie has to have explained this to him by this point. He's a symbol, not a candidate. She's a candidate.


Elizabeth runs on all of Bernie’s policies, but what if Bernie doesn’t believe she will actually see them through? Why is it on Bernie to concede so his opponent can win? If he truly believes he is the best for this country he should run all the way (as long as the American people still want him). If he doesn’t believe that then drop out.

All the same for Elizabeth Warren.

Re: Who is the Dem 2020 pick?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:52 am
by TheChefO
PrimeMinister wrote:Elizabeth runs on all of Bernie’s policies, but what if Bernie doesn’t believe she will actually see them through?


Are you implying there may be something fraudulent about Elizabeth Warren?


Re: Who is the Dem 2020 pick?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:54 am
by DreadNaught
PrimeMinister wrote: Why is it on Bernie to concede so his opponent can win? If he truly believes he is the best for this country he should run all the way (as long as the American people still want him). If he doesn’t believe that then drop out.

Just photoshop Warren's head over Hillary's :P


Image

Re: Who is the Dem 2020 pick?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:56 am
by Zarniwoop
PrimeMinister wrote:
MJW wrote:
He's wrong on the first count, and he's 92 years old with a bad heart.

Liz Warren is just awful, but she has Bernie's platform, she's not part of the Greatest Generation, and she appeals to women voters. She has a much better chance of winning the General. Anyone being honest with Bernie has to have explained this to him by this point. He's a symbol, not a candidate. She's a candidate.


Elizabeth runs on all of Bernie’s policies, but what if Bernie doesn’t believe she will actually see them through? Why is it on Bernie to concede so his opponent can win? If he truly believes he is the best for this country he should run all the way (as long as the American people still want him). If he doesn’t believe that then drop out.

All the same for Elizabeth Warren.




Ya, I'm with you here.

Re: Who is the Dem 2020 pick?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:59 am
by Snake
Bernie is such a *****. Gets screwed over by Hillary and DNC then goes on to endorse her? He’s pathetic. Almost too principled tbh

Re: Who is the Dem 2020 pick?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:01 am
by TheChefO
Snake wrote:...Almost too principled tbh


No ... if he truly believed all he was saying, from a principled perspective, he should not have endorsed the candidate that embodied the criticisms he was lobbing daily about corrupt politicians being bought... especially when the alternative had no such strings ...

Re: Who is the Dem 2020 pick?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:24 am
by TheChefO
Eric Holder Considers Jumping into 2020 Presidential Primary


For such a confident bunch that will easily skate to victory over unlikable Trump, they sure are crawling out of the woodwork ...

Re: Who is the Dem 2020 pick?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:43 am
by Zarniwoop
TheChefO wrote:
Eric Holder Considers Jumping into 2020 Presidential Primary


For such a confident bunch that will easily skate to victory over unlikable Trump, they sure are crawling out of the woodwork ...



That seems like a pretty weak claim.

If people think they are the best candidate they should join, regardless of how strong/weak their party is.

Re: Who is the Dem 2020 pick?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:45 am
by DreadNaught
Zarniwoop wrote:
TheChefO wrote:
For such a confident bunch that will easily skate to victory over unlikable Trump, they sure are crawling out of the woodwork ...

That seems like a pretty weak claim.

If people think they are the best candidate they should join, regardless of how strong/weak their party is.

The field is weak.

Hillary is coming back.

Trump v Hillary 2020