Who is the Dem 2020 pick?

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Who is the Dem 2020 pick?

Postby TheChefO » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:03 am

Zarniwoop wrote:
HamBone wrote:Not sure if this was posted..."Sen. Kamala Harris blamed her recent campaign struggles in the 2020 Democratic presidential race on American voters who can’t imagine a Black woman in the nation’s top elected position."

Lol...guess she thinks Democrat voters are either misogynist, racist or both.

LOL. That's hilarious

I don't think a single person on this website supported her to even a small degree. She was dreadful.

Spoiler:
Mrs Chef feared she would be the nominee as Trump's Kryptonite... shhhh ;)
TheChefO

Postby HamBone » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:03 am

Zarniwoop wrote:
HamBone wrote:Not sure if this was posted..."Sen. Kamala Harris blamed her recent campaign struggles in the 2020 Democratic presidential race on American voters who can’t imagine a Black woman in the nation’s top elected position."

Lol...guess she thinks Democrat voters are either misogynist, racist or both.

LOL. That's hilarious

I don't think a single person on this website supported her to even a small degree. She was dreadful.

Gotta blame something for failing...and there's no WAY it could be because she was a horrible candidate.
HamBone

Postby TheChefO » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:09 am

HamBone wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:

LOL. That's hilarious

Gotta blame something for failing...and there's no WAY it could be because she was a horrible candidate.

Russians ... they were colluding with Tulsi to take Kamala down ...
TheChefO

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:21 am

Ken Carson wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:

That's what I was asking about in my follow-up. Maybe I misunderstood your response. I do think one can absolutely make a justification for taking back land by force (again, not under every circumstance or every method). If a country were to have invaded the US in the past and took some of our land, under many circumstances I would certainly think there is justification to attempt to take it back.

The hardest thing now in Israel is that land has changed hand so many times over the last few millennia....the matter is incredibly complex. Throw in the imperialism of Western Europe over the last few hundred years and it gets even more messy.

Indeed. I mean, if we wanted to be totally fair and give all land back to "original inhabitants," the vast majority of the world's population would probably have to move to Antarctica while the known world would be ghost towns allotted to the very few remaining "original peoples."

That isn't sufficiently woke. We should reengineer Neanderthals and give the earth back to them.

Your land is only yours if you can defend it.

Human history is full of examples of tribes/civilizations clashing. It's what we do as a species. We see the same behavior in animals who fight over territory.

This revisionist utopian narrative that "original peoples" weren't just as savage, if not more than the tribe/civilization that conquered them is antithetical to human nature and factual history. Or that western imperialism/European colonization was the first time two separate civilizations clashed is silly. Anyone ever heard of the Ottoman Empire? Any idea how that came to be? There are many other examples as well that have nothing to do with Europe or Western Civilization.

We've hopefully just made it to the point where we keep those clashes small/localized. But I don't think there is any way to eliminate them.

Sorry to get so far off topic, but to try and bring it back to Israel let's start on the hopeful agreement that Israel has the right to exist. If we agree then we should agree they have the right to defend themselves as a nation state. I'm not absolving Israel from any bad actions, but it's not apples to apples when they are surrounded by adversaries that want to see all Jews "pushed into the sea", while their main adversary (Palestine) is led by a Iranian backed terrorist organization (Hamas) that was ELECTED by the people of inhabiting Palestine. So I don't buy into any equivalence people try to make when one side uses terror attacks and financially rewards the remaining family of suicide bombers that kill innocent Israeli civilians. If Israel is a "murderous regime" than WTF does that make Palestine?

I feel making such false equivalences is dangerous and naïve to the existence of Israel. I get it's a messy and confusing situation over there and I don't claim to have it all figured out. But I always revert back the original question of do you believe Israel has the right to exist? Many pro-Palestinian/Hamas supporters have and would answer that with a 'No'. Israel isn't the agitator over there if you agree they have the right to exist.
DreadNaught

Postby TheChefO » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:30 am

DreadNaught wrote:....This revisionist utopian narrative that "original peoples" weren't just as savage, if not more than the tribe/civilization that conquered them is antithetical to human nature and factual history....

This... 1000x (never sufficiently mentioned in history books or documentaries) this.

Here and across the globe.
TheChefO

Postby Buc2 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:45 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:

That's what I was asking about in my follow-up. Maybe I misunderstood your response. I do think one can absolutely make a justification for taking back land by force (again, not under every circumstance or every method). If a country were to have invaded the US in the past and took some of our land, under many circumstances I would certainly think there is justification to attempt to take it back.

The hardest thing now in Israel is that land has changed hand so many times over the last few millennia....the matter is incredibly complex. Throw in the imperialism of Western Europe over the last few hundred years and it gets even more messy.

Indeed. I mean, if we wanted to be totally fair and give all land back to "original inhabitants," the vast majority of the world's population would probably have to move to Antarctica while the known world would be ghost towns allotted to the very few remaining "original peoples."

But I also don't even believe in the argument that Israel is retaking their lands. I believe that they are an actual democracy in a sea of dictators and fanatical theocracies. That's why they deserve support.

The Neanderthals of the European continent agree. :|

Edit: Ha! Just saw DN's post above. :drinkingcheers:, bud.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:56 pm

Buc2 wrote:The Neanderthals of the European continent agree. :|

The OG's of oppressed civilizations
DreadNaught

Postby deltbucs » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:02 pm

I'm surprised at some of the people in here that believe the narrative the MSM pushes about Israeli leadership being the good guys.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/ ... -crimes-or
deltbucs

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:17 pm

deltbucs wrote:I'm surprised at some of the people in here that believe the narrative the MSM pushes about Israeli leadership being the good guys.

lots of people play fast and loose with terms like "good guys" and what exactly that means

i think most people show their agenda when they use words like that.

in this conflict, like almost all conflicts, there are two sides. both have legitimate grievances. not all grievances are equally legitimate or valid.

both have done things they shouldn't (at the state level and the individual level). not all those things are equivalent.

to use language like good guys versus bad guys is silly when these conflicts arise...particularly if you use it to describe all the actions done by both the state and all the individuals. assuming you are using the terms "good" and "bad" with some sort of absolutism to it. Likewise, if someone is using the terms relatively, it seems better terms are more appropriate.

same goes to those who try to decipher others opinions on the matter and essentially put on them the usage of the terms "good" guy and "bad" guy, when they have really never said anything of the sort. that's just as silly IMO.
Zarniwoop

Postby TheChefO » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:29 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:... that's just as silly IMO.

Agreed.

"Good guy" and "bad guy" isn't really doing justice to understanding the underpinning of whatever the conflict is ... but shades of grey don't work when looking to gin up support for escalated action.

The more cut and dry you can make the case, the easier it is to influence the escalated action in either direct support or indifference to such actions taking place.

This is how the propaganda machines were used to drum up support for wartime efforts...

It's also why you see me concerned as I see the left and right diverting further away while at the same time more dehumanizing efforts are made against the other and increasingly normalized political violence is coincidentally occurring at the same time.

As I said in one of the other threads, yes both sides do this, however their impact is not equal, nor is the scale.
TheChefO

Postby Ken Carson » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:52 pm

deltbucs wrote:I'm surprised at some of the people in here that believe the narrative the MSM pushes about Israeli leadership being the good guys.

I’m surprised that delt thinks the UN is a bastion of unbiased information.

Which entity has written in its charter the destruction of the other and which guarantees voting rights to the other ethnic group? Which entity has zero percent population of the other and which has a representative of the other in their Supreme Court?

I could go on and on, but you honestly have to be intellectually dishonest to believe that Israel is 50/50 or more to blame for the issues over there. You can’t just be ignorant or stupid. You have to willingly suspend basic brain function due to ideology.
Ken Carson

Postby Buc2 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:02 pm

Ken Carson wrote:

Which entity has written in its charter the destruction of the other and which guarantees voting rights to the other ethnic group? Which entity has zero percent population of the other and which has a representative of the other in their Supreme Court?

I could go on and on, but you honestly have to be intellectually dishonest to believe that Israel is 50/50 or more to blame for the issues over there. You can’t just be ignorant or stupid. You have to willingly suspend basic brain function due to ideology.

Spoiler:
Delt = Picador:

Picador does not engage other Warriors in direct combat. Instead, he uses well placed barbs to goad his adversary into charging while skillfully avoiding the appearance of being the provocateur. He thus guides his enraged target towards certain injury or defeat at the hands of a stronger Warrior. Once the fight has been set in motion Picador will retire to a discrete distance, always ready prod his lance into sensitive areas should the action begin to flag. HINT: Alert Warriors can readily spot Picador because, though he seldom takes a stand on controversial issues, he always seems to be near the fray.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5699&start=270#p447328
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby TheChefO » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:04 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:I’m surprised that delt thinks the UN is a bastion of unbiased information.

Spoiler:
Delt = Picador:

Picador does not engage other Warriors in direct combat. Instead, he uses well placed barbs to goad his adversary into charging while skillfully avoiding the appearance of being the provocateur. He thus guides his enraged target towards certain injury or defeat at the hands of a stronger Warrior. Once the fight has been set in motion Picador will retire to a discrete distance, always ready prod his lance into sensitive areas should the action begin to flag. HINT: Alert Warriors can readily spot Picador because, though he seldom takes a stand on controversial issues, he always seems to be near the fray.

http://www.buczone.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 70#p447328

:lol:

I think this is a better descriptor of Clew FWIW.
TheChefO

Postby Buc2 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:08 pm

TheChefO wrote:
Buc2 wrote:
Spoiler:
Delt = Picador:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5699&start=270#p447328

:lol:

I think this is a better descriptor of Clew FWIW.

Unfortunately, there wasn't one listed for Hit and Run.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby TheChefO » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:20 pm

Ken Carson wrote:...Which entity has written in its charter the destruction of the other and which guarantees voting rights to the other ethnic group? Which entity has zero percent population of the other and which has a representative of the other in their Supreme Court?

Speaking of, Just saw a piece on Florida voters views on Trump, came across this bit and left me thinking, why in the world would the D party today have such high support in comparison?

“As a Jewish woman in America who previously voted liberal, he has just astounded me in every way,” one woman said.

“I mean we’ve been waiting 50 years for the embassy to be changed to Jerusalem, and I think that that shows that he’s not afraid to make the right choice,” she added, confirming that her vote for Trump marked her first time voting for a Republican.
TheChefO

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:26 pm

Ken Carson wrote:

Especially when it comes to Israel.

It takes a special kind of dissonance to cite something from the UN regarding Israel as unbiased.
DreadNaught

Postby Ken Carson » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:09 pm

Also, I know I should not read his posts, but someone quoted MB so I caught his “slow motion genocide” comment.

Just wanted to make sure he knows that the motion is actually retrograde in Israel:
By 2035, the Jewish population in Israel/Palestine is projected to reach 46%. The Palestinian population in Palestine is growing at about 2.4% per year, which is 33% higher than Israel's growth rate. The population is also the youngest in the region, with a birth rate of over 4 children to every woman.

Worst genocide of all-time. I guess Jews didn’t learn much during the Holocaust.
Ken Carson

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:52 pm

Gabbard trying to win Chef’s and BMDs votes....you go girl!!!

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii) wants Americans to believe that their government has concealed the truth about the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks.

The 2020 Democratic presidential contender sent out a campaign email Tuesday that hinted at a conspiracy at the highest levels of the U.S. government to stop the public from fully knowing the role that longtime U.S. partner Saudi Arabia played in the attacks.
Zarniwoop

Postby PetePierson » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:05 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:Gabbard trying to win Chef’s and BMDs votes....you go girl!!!

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii) wants Americans to believe that their government has concealed the truth about the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks.

The 2020 Democratic presidential contender sent out a campaign email Tuesday that hinted at a conspiracy at the highest levels of the U.S. government to stop the public from fully knowing the role that longtime U.S. partner Saudi Arabia played in the attacks.

That is pretty vague. I don't think anyone on either side of the aisle will be suprised that the government "hides" / doesn't share information.

Anyone get the email?
PetePierson

Postby TheChefO » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:16 pm

I don't want her for Prez, but I do think she'd make a great cabinet member.

As for this specific issue, there's certainly more that could be divulged, and I applaud her efforts to share that info, but even if sitting in the Oval, it's doubtful the conclusion would be satisfactory.
TheChefO

Postby PanteraCanes » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:52 pm

There is a talk show host in Orlando called Jim Phillips who does a show called the Phillips Phil. When the second Iraq war was getting ready to gear up he was banging the table about how the group responsible for 911 was related to and funded by SA and not Iraq. Also the WMD was also just another lie to get us into that war. History has seemed to prove him correct.
PanteraCanes

Postby Selmon Rules » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:56 pm

TheChefO wrote:

As for this specific issue, there's certainly more that could be divulged, and I applaud her efforts to share that info, but even if sitting in the Oval, it's doubtful the conclusion would be satisfactory.

To be honest, anything short of proof that there was some great shadow government/illuminati orchestrated conspiracy, the conclusion would be less than satisfactory for some
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
Selmon Rules

Postby TheChefO » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:12 pm

Selmon Rules wrote:
TheChefO wrote:

To be honest, anything short of proof that there was some great shadow government/illuminati orchestrated conspiracy, the conclusion would be less than satisfactory for some

I meant the release of classified documents regardless of her position in the government.

As has been the case multiple times now, Trump has called for things to happen that prior to his election one had the impression that power was granted to the President.
It is now revealed this impression of Presidential power is a facade.

Or so it seems up to this point. Fingers crossed on the 2nd or 3rd term. ;)
TheChefO

Postby Selmon Rules » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:42 pm

TheChefO wrote:
Selmon Rules wrote:To be honest, anything short of proof that there was some great shadow government/illuminati orchestrated conspiracy, the conclusion would be less than satisfactory for some

I meant the release of classified documents regardless of her position in the government.

As has been the case multiple times now, Trump has called for things to happen that prior to his election one had the impression that power was granted to the President.

You really need to read up on that whole Constitution thing
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
Selmon Rules

Postby TheChefO » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:09 am

Selmon Rules wrote:
TheChefO wrote:

You really need to read up on that whole Constitution thing

I'll have to double check my sources, but the commander in chief of the military is the head of the executive last I checked.

In addition, according to my sources, Head of the executive also has the final right to classify or declassify any documents they choose.

And finally, Head of the executive has the right to bar any class of aliens they choose.

All of which were assumptions prior to 2016 ... Please correct me if I'm wrong.
TheChefO

Postby Ken Carson » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:40 am

TheChefO wrote:
Selmon Rules wrote:You really need to read up on that whole Constitution thing

I'll have to double check my sources, but the commander in chief of the military is the head of the executive last I checked.

In addition, according to my sources, Head of the executive also has the final right to classify or declassify any documents they choose.

And finally, Head of the executive has the right to bar any class of aliens they choose.

He’s doing the thing where he takes your obvious troll joke seriously. Maybe that is a credit to your deadpan delivery.
Ken Carson

Postby TheChefO » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:53 am

Ken Carson wrote:
TheChefO wrote:

He’s doing the thing where he takes your obvious troll joke seriously. Maybe that is a credit to your deadpan delivery.

Indeed, but the emoticon was the obvious exit ramp, no?
TheChefO

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:55 am

I’ll be honest, I’m surprised you stopped at three terms

:P
Zarniwoop

Postby TheChefO » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:12 am

Zarniwoop wrote:I’ll be honest, I’m surprised you stopped at three terms

:P

I'm a newly minted conservative, I'm doing my best to not be too progressive. ;)
TheChefO

Postby Snake » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:40 pm

Bloomberg is in?
Snake

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion