Who is the Dem 2020 pick?

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Who is the Dem 2020 pick?

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:43 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:I'm sorry Bernie isn't Jewish enough for you.

Perhaps you could specify how Jewish he should be to suit you.

Idk, how about support a Jewish cause?

Bernie is secular and was born in America. He's more Polish than Jewish by any American standard.

Nobody has ever claimed he was a religious Jew, and even Bernie himself has distanced himself from being an ethnic Jew given his repeated avoidance of the "J-word" in the past.

Literally the ONLY time Bernie is propped up as an ethnic Jew is when it's convenient.

Let's remember you're the clown who propped up Bernie's Jewness here, so you should be more willing to to defend such a comment.
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:49 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:I'm sorry Bernie isn't Jewish enough for you.

Perhaps you could specify how Jewish he should be to suit you.

Bernie is secular and was born in America. He's more Polish than Jewish by any American standard.

Nobody has ever claimed he was a religious Jew, and even Bernie himself has distanced himself from being an ethnic Jew given his repeated avoidance of the "J-word" in the past.

Literally the ONLY time Bernie is propped up as an ethnic Jew is when it's convenient.

Well, a sizable portion of his family on his father's side was killed in the holocaust, which neither he or Omar deny took place. so we got that.

Or did you want him to just go along with whatever Israel wants to do? I doubt he'll do that.

You want me to ask the campaign if he's circumcised?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:52 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

Well, a sizable portion of his family on his father's side was killed in the holocaust, which neither he or Omar deny took place. so we got that.

Or did you want him to just go along with whatever Israel wants to do? I doubt he'll do that.

Like I said in the first post I made, Atleast he's not a holocaust denier.

I didn't realize you were going to flip that into being a pro-Jewish cause. But I understand there isn't much else to pull from.
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:54 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Well, a sizable portion of his family on his father's side was killed in the holocaust, which neither he or Omar deny took place. so we got that.

I didn't realize you were going to flip that into being a pro-Jewish cause. But I understand there isn't much else to pull from.

Hey, you're the guy talking about how Bernie isn't Jewish enough. I'm good with him being as Jewish as he wants to be.

And wouldn't you know it....so is noted anti-semite, Ilhan Omar.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby TheChefO » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:13 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:...which neither he or Omar deny took place...

Curious how she phrased it when this question was asked ...

Q: So Omar, are you a holocaust denier?
A: "Some Germans did some thing."

:P
Last edited by TheChefO on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheChefO

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:17 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

Hey, you're the guy talking about how Bernie isn't Jewish enough. I'm good with him being as Jewish as he wants to be.

Bernie is only Jewish when it's politically expedient is my point. Your complete lack of defense for initially propping up his Jewness is pretty clear evidence you played that card for the same convenience.

I'll wait for you to get back to us on all of Bernie's pro-Jewish causes he supports other than being so brave as to not deny the Holocaust. :roll:

Apologies for asking you to defend your statement.
Last edited by DreadNaught on Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:46 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Hey, you're the guy talking about how Bernie isn't Jewish enough. I'm good with him being as Jewish as he wants to be.

Bernie is only Jewish when it's politically expedient is my point. Your complete lack of defense for initially propping up his Jewness is pretty clear evidence you played that card for the same convenience.

I'll wait for you to get back to us on all of Bernie's pro-Jewish causes he supports other than being so brave as to not deny the Holocaust. :roll:

Apologies for asked you to defend your statement.

It must be incredibly frustrating for you to not be able to get those anti-semitic smears on Omar to stick.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:23 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:Bernie is only Jewish when it's politically expedient is my point. Your complete lack of defense for initially propping up his Jewness is pretty clear evidence you played that card for the same convenience.

Apologies for asked you to defend your statement.

It must be incredibly frustrating for you to not be able to get those anti-semitic smears on Omar to stick.

Because she supports Bernie, amirite? :roll: :lol:

I can't imagine the mental gymnastics of defending someone who supports Louis Farrakhan while also supporting Bernie for being Jewish.

I feel like we're close to a 'Farrakhan isn't anti-semetic b/c he supports Bernie' take from you..
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:28 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:It must be incredibly frustrating for you to not be able to get those anti-semitic smears on Omar to stick.

Because she supports Bernie, amirite? :roll: :lol:

I can't imagine the mental gymnastics of defending someone who supports Louis Farrakhan while also supporting Bernie for being Jewish.

I feel like we're close to a 'Farrakhan isn't anti-semetic b/c he supports Bernie' take from you..

Farrakhan supports Bernie?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:43 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:Because she supports Bernie, amirite? :roll: :lol:

Farrakhan supports Bernie?

Not sure, but we're one degree of separation from that with how you're citing Omar.

If he did would you say he isn't anti-Semitic? Because based on your logic today anyone who supports Bernie Sanders can't be anti-Semitic.
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:59 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Farrakhan supports Bernie?

Not sure, but we're one degree of separation from that with how you're citing Omar.

If he did would you say he isn't anti-Semitic? Because based on your logic today anyone who supports Bernie Sanders can't be anti-Semitic.

Just quit while you're behind.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:25 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:Not sure, but we're one degree of separation from that with how you're citing Omar.

Just quit while you're behind.

So no responses to any questions in this back and forth today, eh? Just constant deflection.. Maybe your point wasn't as good as you thought if you refuse to defend it.
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:38 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Just quit while you're behind.

So no responses to any questions in this back and forth today, eh? Just constant deflection.. Maybe your point wasn't as good as you thought if you refuse to defend it.

What can I say other than I'm getting better at not arguing with a wall.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Zarniwoop » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:52 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Just quit while you're behind.

As I said earlier .... the justification that someone isn’t X because they have X friends is silly

There are a whole lot better arguments to make about this chick not being anti-Semitic rather than saying she supports Bernie
Zarniwoop

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:57 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:So no responses to any questions in this back and forth today, eh? Just constant deflection.. Maybe your point wasn't as good as you thought if you refuse to defend it.

As I said earlier .... the justification that someone isn’t X because they have X friends is silly

There are a whole lot better arguments to make about this chick not being anti-Semitic rather than saying she supports Bernie

All the more remarkable since the crux of the smear against Omar being anti-semitic is based on her opposition to the conduct of the Israeli government.

So I guess the fallacy of the argument is only permissible for the one making the smear.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Zarniwoop » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:59 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:

All the more remarkable since the crux of the smear against Omar being anti-semitic is based on her opposition to the conduct of the Israeli government.

So I guess the fallacy of the argument is only permissible for the one making the smear.

I made my views on that clear in the past. I don’t think her opposition to the Israeli govt makes her anti-Semitic either...lots of people don’t like their govt.

So that whataboutism won’t work on me

Sorry
Zarniwoop

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:11 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:All the more remarkable since the crux of the smear against Omar being anti-semitic is based on her opposition to the conduct of the Israeli government.

I made my views on that clear in the past. I don’t think her opposition to the Israeli govt makes her anti-Semitic either...lots of people don’t like their govt.

Sorry

Care to explain that to Dread? He's struggling
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Zarniwoop » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:20 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:

Sorry

You are too. Lol

I already explained why I think being against the Israeli govt isn’t anti-Semitic ...but I found another silly post to refute today
Zarniwoop

Postby NavyBuc » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:47 pm

Kind of off topic, but there are a lot of liberal and conservative analysts I like. For example, I am a big James Carville fan even though I don’t agree with his politics. Also don’t mind Axelrod. But If I had one bullet and had one free shot to shoot any analyst I could, I would shoot Ana Navarro.
I absolutely hate that piece of crap and her big mouth.
Max Boot would be next on my list.
NavyBuc

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:56 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:

Sorry

Struggling with what? You're the one who is claiming Omar can't be anti-Semitic because she supports Bernie. As if Bernie is some champion of Jewish causes or even a proud representative of the Jewish community.

Bernie was born in America and is secular.

This whole 'argument' you're making is based on him being an ethnic Jew from Polish parents who migrated here almost 100yrs ago.
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:03 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Care to explain that to Dread? He's struggling

Struggling with what? You're the one who is claiming Omar can't be anti-Semitic because she supports Bernie. As if Bernie is some champion of Jewish causes or even a proud representative of the Jewish community.

This whole 'argument' you're making is based on him being an ethnic Jew from Polish parents who migrated here almost 100yrs ago.

No, you've been equivvocating for the last 9 hours after I roasted Brazen over coffee this morning.

Let it go.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Ken Carson » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:08 pm

Ilhimmler’s support for Bernie has nothing to do with the fact that she supports the Palestinian Authority, which is in year 13 or 14 of their democratically elected 4-year term. Then you’ve got her support for Hamas in the Gaza Strip, where they name streets after suicide bombers that blow up Israeli school buses.

It’s clear she is anti-Semitic because if you took all the things she lists as reasons to be against Israel and stacked them against the atrocities committed by Venezuela, then you’ll be forced to reckon with the fact that the country she loudly supports offends her “principles” significantly more. But the Jews don’t run Venezuela...
Ken Carson

Postby Ken Carson » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:10 pm

Don’t worry Dread. Eventually MB and Clewy will be forced to declare Donald Trump a heroic champion of the black community because of Kanye West’s endorsement. Either that or they’ll quietly expose they are hemorrhaging **** since they are in fact too full.
Ken Carson

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:24 pm

Ken Carson wrote:Ilhimmler’s support for Bernie has nothing to do with the fact that she supports the Palestinian Authority, which is in year 13 or 14 of their democratically elected 4-year term. Then you’ve got her support for Hamas in the Gaza Strip, where they name streets after suicide bombers that blow up Israeli school buses.

It’s clear she is anti-Semitic because if you took all the things she lists as reasons to be against Israel and stacked them against the atrocities committed by Venezuela, then you’ll be forced to reckon with the fact that the country she loudly supports offends her “principles” significantly more. But the Jews don’t run Venezuela...

I know there's no convincing you, but much like the conspiracy theories we see daily here, your reasoning requires you to take a leap in logic and assign more than has been revealed to her thoughts/actions. Many aren't completely against Venezuela, but are against Israel. Many support Palestine and see things different than you do. I understand you are passionate about this, but there are multiple angles to these stories. I've never seen anything overtly anti-Semitiic from Ilhan. If it happens, I'll condemn it as well. I've seen both practicing and non-practicing Jews support her and defend what she's said and her opinions.

Ilhan says a lot of stuff I don't agree with. I think she's an immature politician and almost none of her views align with mine (not even her views on Israel), but I don't really think it's fair nor accurate to cast her as anti-Semetic simply because she's Muslim and doesn't agree with Israel.
uscbucsfan

Postby Zarniwoop » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:49 pm

^

That is pretty much where I am. Labeling someone a racist, bigot, misogynist or anti-Semite is a very powerful statement. In my opinion it takes an overwhelming amount of evidence to make those claims with any sort of validity.

I hate it when the left does it to people who favor the traditional views of marriage by calling them homophobic, or, when they call all Trump voters racist. Likewise, it shouldn’t be done to this gal just because she opposes many things that Israel does.

That gets back to the silly claim today that this girl isn’t anti-Semite because she has a Jewish friend... And thinking that argument somehow makes sense. That is just as superficial an analysis as the other.
Last edited by Zarniwoop on Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zarniwoop

Postby TheChefO » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:00 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:...simply because she's Muslim and doesn't agree with Israel.

Reducing the argument to this ... :nono:

What's amazing to me is you're obviously intelligent and knowledgeable, yet you refuse to seek knowledge in the Koran and Hadiths to find out what is taught (and learned) in mosques ... Instead, you take to your trusty steed to defend the honor of the distressed maiden for fear of tarnishing her character least her brother husband lose face and bring shame upon the whole family.

One day ... one day, when you're ready ... one day, when you're up to it...
TheChefO

Postby Brazen331 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:10 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:Struggling with what? You're the one who is claiming Omar can't be anti-Semitic because she supports Bernie. As if Bernie is some champion of Jewish causes or even a proud representative of the Jewish community.

No, you've been equivvocating for the last 9 hours after I roasted Brazen over coffee this morning.

Let it go.

The only thing you roasted in this thread today was yourself, not your best performance.
Brazen331

Postby deltbucs » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:59 pm

LOL!! This one got funny!

The old "disagreeing with the murderous Israeli government means you're an anti-Semite." I get a chuckle every time!
deltbucs

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:52 am

TheChefO wrote:

What's amazing to me is you're obviously intelligent and knowledgeable, yet you refuse to seek knowledge in the Koran and Hadiths to find out what is taught (and learned) in mosques ... Instead, you take to your trusty steed to defend the honor of the distressed maiden for fear of tarnishing her character least her brother husband lose face and bring shame upon the whole family.

I agree Chef and Corsair limped away knowing it. I invited these people to go biking in Muslim nations - no takers though. We got ISIS bragging that they got their people where they want them - again clueless. Now these people think they can say I dont believe in God, I love you, see, here's my neck!

So many, too smart for common sense. Gotta be to much booze and meds................
mdb1958

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:33 am

TheChefO wrote:

I'm not as enlightened as you to believe, as you so eloquently put it, (paraphrased) all Muslims have either not figured out that Islam is evil or they know and are invested to being evil. Unfortunately, I'll never have that mentality.

After making a statement like this, you can no longer be subjective or considered rational on the topic. You've shown that you have a mass hatred to a group of people based on the actions of some.

Like Zarni said, it has to be obvious and intended hatred for me to apply a label, not in jest, as a racist, anti-Semite, or the like. Just like I don't see evidence that Trump is racist, I don't see the same with Ilhan. It appears that many of you are making assumptions or looking for hatred because of your thoughts on her religion as a whole or her views on Israel. I think it's been beat to death of our disagreement on what criticism of Israel means.
uscbucsfan

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion