Who is the Dem 2020 pick?

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Who is the Dem 2020 pick?

Postby mightyleemoon » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:18 am

Now that the midterms are wrapping up, what's your thoughts on who the Dems will throw at Trump? Also, sub-question, do you think a Republican will challenge Trump in a primary?

These new talks of Hillary are nonsense. If Dems want even a glimmer of hope, they don't shoot that spitball at the ceiling to see if it will stick this time. Bernie? Biden? Both of them are possibilities. But, like football coaches, I wouldn't give great odds to retreads. Avenatti? That's basically left leaning Trump taking on the right lean version. Total ****ing **** show. Warren is the cartoonish opposite of Trump and she'd get stomped. See: DNA.

I feel like, right now, their best options would be Beto and Kamala. My gut tells me Beto will ultimately be the pick. He's becoming in vogue at the right time. I don't know much about the guy, other than he took a popular Republican to a decision...in Texas. A place where Dems get KOd in the first round. A quick read of him has him as a Medicaire for all guy, and on the immigration side he's less of an open border guy and more of a Let the Talent In guy. Oh, and he's a legal pot guy. He seems to be right of Bernie and left of center. I don't know if that would be good or bad for him. Maybe bad? People who voted for Trump seem to be all in on Trump regardless of what Trump says. The article I picked up was talking about how many Trump voters he might be able to turn. I'd guess that number is way negligible. So, in order to win he'd have to energize a base, right? But, he probably isn't "progressive" enough to motivate those Bernie folks.

Anyway, Beto would be my guess as to who will ultimately be wearing the blue tie during the debates in October 2020.
mightyleemoon

Re: Who is the Dem 2020 pick?

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:47 am

I think Beto is a talented politician and would do well in a general election. Good speaker that people relate to. Similar to Obama in that regard.

Plus he's got the support of the coastal elites. In addition he'd go better with the younger demographic compared to Biden, Hillary, or Warren.

Harris is a bit radical for me. But if teamed up in a ticket w/ Beto would she be the VP? She is the more qualified and experienced politician (to the extent that matters) so having her play second fiddle to Beto, who has basically just been a junior congressmen on a Presidential ticket probably wouldn't sit well with the intersectional crowd. But they would get over it and still vote that ticket imo

But I think I'd agree that a Beto/Harris ticket in 2020 would have the best odds for the Dems as it stands right now.
Last edited by DreadNaught on Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
DreadNaught

Postby Deuce » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:55 am

In the words of SNL, Beto has 3 things Democrats like- good looks, he's a good speaker, and he loses elections.

I don't know enough about him to commit to which way I'd vote yet. I get that it's Texas but it was also Ted Cruz...he lost to Ted Cruz. I wouldn't guess the chances of him beating Trump would be great.
Deuce

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:57 am

It's still very early. Trump didn't announce he was running until June of 2015, the equivalent of which is 7 months from now. Bernie announced in April of 2015 as did Hillary.

Right now, I'm in the Richard Ojeda camp, but I am fully aware that his candidacy is a very, very long shot to win the nomination.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:01 am

Deuce wrote:In the words of SNL, Beto has 3 things Democrats like- good looks, he's a good speaker, and he loses elections.

I don't know enough about him to commit to which way I'd vote yet. I get that it's Texas but it was also Ted Cruz...he lost to Ted Cruz. I wouldn't guess the chances of him beating Trump would be great.

I've said it few times that Beto just ran in the wrong state on the wrong platform (some disagree with the latter, but the election results validate my point imo). Beto would do MUCH better nationally.

Yes Ted Cruz sucks and losing to him isn't a great endorsement, but considering what he ran on in a state like Texas I was very impressed with his performance and making it a race.

He's go the charisma Dems love and is great and campaigning.
DreadNaught

Postby mightyleemoon » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:06 am

Deuce wrote:In the words of SNL, Beto has 3 things Democrats like- good looks, he's a good speaker, and he loses elections.

My understanding is that Ted Cruz in Texas is somehow different from the Ted Cruz to the rest of us. No Democrat has won that state in 40 years and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
mightyleemoon

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:11 am

DreadNaught wrote:

I've said it few times that Beto just ran in the wrong state on the wrong platform (some disagree with the latter, but the election results validate my point imo). Beto would do MUCH better nationally.

Yes Ted Cruz sucks and losing to him isn't a great endorsement, but considering what he ran on in a state like Texas I was very impressed with his performance and making it a race.

I contend the election results validate my point that he had absolutely the right platform.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Swashy » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:12 am

Beto is a trendy pick but if it wasn't for the fact that Trump had absolutely zero experience coming in I think he could and would be viewed as underqualified being just a house rep from the Texas 16th district. I think experience is going to be a huge part of this because we literally have a petulant businessman throwing tantrums every week because we just don't let him do whatever the **** he wants 24/7. The person who presents themselves as a stable option will win the independent vote and election.

As pertains to O'Rourke....if they didn't vote for him to be senator they're damn sure not gonna vote for him as president nor would being a VP candidate help either. Cruz carried the rural counties by 70-80% margins and yet somehow this was still the best performance by a Texas Democrat in years because he hung onto slim margins in the suburbs and mobilized every vote in the cities and on the border

Dems can forget about winning Texas in 2020 unless all 5 blue spots on that big red, ruby are worth 1 million votes each and sadly Beto really is their best chance
Last edited by Swashy on Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Swashy

Postby mightyleemoon » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:13 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:It's still very early. Trump didn't announce he was running until June of 2015, the equivalent of which is 7 months from now. Bernie announced in April of 2015 as did Hillary.

Right now, I'm in the Richard Ojeda camp, but I am fully aware that his candidacy is a very, very long shot to win the nomination.

Did he officially throw a hat in the ring? I figured this stage of the game was still for speculating...
mightyleemoon

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:14 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

I contend the election results validate my point that he had absolutely the right platform.

Fair enough, like before we can agree to disagree on this.
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:19 am

mightyleemoon wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:It's still very early. Trump didn't announce he was running until June of 2015, the equivalent of which is 7 months from now. Bernie announced in April of 2015 as did Hillary.

Did he officially throw a hat in the ring? I figured this stage of the game was still for speculating...

He's running. His Campaign sent me this email on Monday.

Today, I announced my campaign for President of the United States and {MB], I want you to be part of this from the start.

Over the last 19 months of my congressional race for southern West Virginia, letters poured into my campaign office in Logan County.

People from all over the country -- from the rural communities in central Pennsylvania to Flint, Michigan and the Rio Grande Valley -- saw themselves in our campaign and were just as concerned about their hometowns as I was about mine.

These letters made it clear that the problems facing West Virginians -- low wages, college debt, lack of jobs and the ability to retire with dignity -- are the same problems all Americans are facing.

People all over this nation are struggling to afford adequate healthcare, put food on the table for their families, keep the lights on, and it’s only getting worse. That is why we're fed up with wealthy corporations and big pharmaceutical companies calling the shots.

The same problems facing West Virginia exist in every corner of our country, and the people's frustration does, too, as our middle class continues to shrink. You know, you can only kick a dog so many times before it tears you apart.

So together, we're going to put an end to the corruption in our nation that undermines American democracy.

Our current leaders are casting votes about public schools, healthcare, banking, and the housing industry when they have no idea of the real struggles facing the people -- and they’re voting with their Cadillac deals in mind, not the families their decisions will impact.

Make no mistake about it: as a candidate for the presidency, I'm committed to proposing bold change to save America’s middle class and I’m ready to visit the communities that have been neglected the most. But I need you standing shoulder-to-shoulder with me each step of the way, and I need you to be directly involved.

After nearly two years of reading your emails and letters, and taking your phone calls, I have decided to be a candidate for the Democratic nomination for president. Working families across America deserve to have their seat at the table and a government that works for them, not against them.

We've got a tough fight ahead of us, but I know we can do this. Can I count on you to join in supporting my campaign for president right now by donating $5, $25, $50, $100, or whatever you can?

Here's the link to give: https://secure.actblue.com/donate/ojedaforpresident

Airborne all the way,
Richard
Mountaineer Buc

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:21 am

Swashy wrote:Beto is a trendy pick but if it wasn't for the fact that Trump had absolutely zero experience coming in I think he could and would be viewed as underqualified being just a house rep from the Texas 16th district. I think experience is going to be a huge part of this because we literally have a petulant businessman throwing tantrums every week because we just don't let him do whatever the **** he wants 24/7. The person who presents themselves as a stable option will win the independent vote and election.

As pertains to O'Rourke....if they didn't vote for him to be senator they're damn sure not gonna vote for him as president nor would being a VP candidate help either. Cruz carried the rural counties by 70-80% margins and yet somehow this was still the best performance by a Texas Democrat in years because he hung onto slim margins in the suburbs and mobilized every vote in the cities and on the border

Dems can forget about winning Texas in 2020 unless all 5 blue spots on that big red, ruby are worth 1 million votes each and sadly Beto really is their best chance

Dems don't have to win Texas. They don't even have to win Florida or Ohio either for that matter. The GOP can take all 3 of those states and as long as Dems take back the rust belt (MI, WI, PA) they will have an electoral victory.

Despite all the whining some on the left do about how "unfair" the electoral college to their party, the electoral map actually provides many more probably paths to 270 then it does for the GOP who HAVE TO win a state like Florida as well as flip a blue state or two.

But I understand the point of have someone on the ticket that probably won't help carry their home state. Which is why I'm not sure what value Harris would have since CA is deep blue already.

Tim Kaine helped Hillary win a closely contested state (VA) in 2016 and that was the main reason he was on the ticket.
DreadNaught

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:38 am

Avenatti-Ellison could still be a powerful one-two punch in 2020 :lol:
DreadNaught

Postby mightyleemoon » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:57 am

DreadNaught wrote:Avenatti-Ellison could still be a powerful one-two punch in 2020 :lol:

Avenatti v Trump...

I would just point my ass at the voting machine and fart and let the wind do the selecting for me.
mightyleemoon

Postby bucfanclw » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:14 am

DreadNaught wrote:Avenatti-Ellison could still be a powerful one-two punch in 2020 :lol:

Why does it seem the only ones propping up Avenatti for the Dem ticket are people firmly in the GOP camp?
bucfanclw

Postby Swashy » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:21 am

DreadNaught wrote:
Swashy wrote:Beto is a trendy pick but if it wasn't for the fact that Trump had absolutely zero experience coming in I think he could and would be viewed as underqualified being just a house rep from the Texas 16th district. I think experience is going to be a huge part of this because we literally have a petulant businessman throwing tantrums every week because we just don't let him do whatever the **** he wants 24/7. The person who presents themselves as a stable option will win the independent vote and election.

Dems don't have to win Texas. They don't even have to win Florida or Ohio either for that matter. The GOP can take all 3 of those states and as long as Dems take back the rust belt (MI, WI, PA) they will have an electoral victory.

Despite all the whining some on the left do about how "unfair" the electoral college to their party, the electoral map actually provides many more probably paths to 270 then it does for the GOP who HAVE TO win a state like Florida as well as flip a blue state or two.

But I understand the point of have someone on the ticket that probably won't help carry their home state. Which is why I'm not sure what value Harris would have since CA is deep blue already.

Tim Kaine helped Hillary win a closely contested state (VA) in 2016 and that was the main reason he was on the ticket.

You're correct about Harris but I will say it again... if she is to be the first female president she is wasted on Trump. It's been shown time and again that his supporters give zero craps about what he is going to say and do. All he has to do is double down on racism and sexism and he'll win narrowly. I hate to turn it into race baiting and a sex issue but it is not of my own devices. When you run a BLACK WOMAN against a guy like Trump it's going to BECOME a race baiting/sex issue. I do not see how running someone like Harris in 2020 against an incumbent that volatile will not become the nastiest presidential election in the history of the United States. Seriously, we're gonna have to go back to John Adams getting called a hermaphrodite to find anything comparable to what we are going to see. If the Dems are gonna run her do it as a VP so she is not the primary target.

For your other points you are absolutely right about the rust belt but it needs to be part of a bigger focus.

Sinema is only the 2nd elected Democrat since 1969 in the state of Arizona and the first in 25 years. But if Arizona electoral history tells us anything, it's that she is going to serve a long-term as incumbents usually do well there regardless of party affiliation. I do believe that McSally can and will pick up the other seat in 2020.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U ... om_Arizona

It's hard to gauge the temperature of Arizona so far out but if I am in charge of getting the 2020 Democrat in office you make Arizona a priority and you continue to hold Nevada now with Rosen sitting as senator. Win the combined 17 electoral votes of Arizona and Nevada and you offset the loss of a state like Wisconsin, Michigan and narrowly PA.

Back to your point on the rust belt Ohio is going to be H-U-G-E and it's consumate purple state. You've had a Democrat as a senator for 11 years and a Republican as a senator in some form for the last 25 years and even at a gubenatorial level they'll still vote Democratic from time to time. Moreso than O'Rourke I think Sherrod Brown is an ace in the hole that will be put to use. I don't know who will win the 2020 nomination but putting him on the ticket possibly snatches Ohio -and we all know a Republican has never won the White House without Ohio and that will absolutely remain true in 2020. Literally because of Ohio alone I can see him on the ticket. It's going to matter a lot who he is with.

But at any rate because of reasons I previously mentioned this is the best thing Dems can do in 2020

Find a white male to run against Trump -so we do not drag gender or race into it

Somewhat young -Sorry folks I think Biden and Sanders are at risk of dying in office and that's gonna be a huge deal

Experienced as a governor or senator -it can and will be used as ammunition against the previously inexperienced Trump

Energetic enough to get out the young vote -lol need we say why if you're a Dem strategist?

The only other factor I can say (especially with Tim Kaine) is that his association with Clinton as her VP candidate could badly hurt him. Trump is gonna bring up 2016 every chance he gets and he's going to have to dodge those bullets like it's a scene from the Matrix. If you run in 2020 it's better that you're not associated with her.

But all together this whole thing is a mess and I do not envy whoever is gonna have to go up against the political equivalent of a **** slinging ape that will literally say and do everything it takes to win while half of America stands back and cheers because he's gonna do it with the American flag wrapped around his chest
Last edited by Swashy on Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Swashy

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:22 am

bucfanclw wrote:

Why does it seem the only ones propping up Avenatti for the Dem ticket are people firmly in the GOP camp?

This was a joke. Read it again. I can explain if need be.

I don't think it was the GOP camp propping this dude up and giving him a platform fwiw.

I think we can both agree he's a clown and not a viable candidate.
DreadNaught

Postby bucfanclw » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:31 am

DreadNaught wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:Why does it seem the only ones propping up Avenatti for the Dem ticket are people firmly in the GOP camp?

I don't think it was the GOP camp propping this dude up and giving him a platform fwiw.

Of course he's a clown. For as much as I hate how our current POTUS is a child that thrives off pissing people off with no actual plans for improving the country, why on earth would anyone get behind the same thing but with a (D) next to his name?
bucfanclw

Postby Buc2 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:44 am

DreadNaught wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:Why does it seem the only ones propping up Avenatti for the Dem ticket are people firmly in the GOP camp?

clewy doesn't understand joking/humor. I think he actually thought I was being serious when I said a video BMD posted in the Immigration thread was edited. Yeah...like, no **** it was edited. :roll: Of course, perhaps that was his own feeble attempt at humor. In which case, um, "haha," I guess.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby mightyleemoon » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:48 am

bucfanclw wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:This was a joke. Read it again. I can explain if need be.

Of course he's a clown. For as much as I hate how our current POTUS is a child that thrives off pissing people off with no actual plans for improving the country, why on earth would anyone get behind the same thing but with a (D) next to his name?

Yet, somehow, a clown like Trump got votes. There's no accounting for people's ability to swallow ****, I suppose.
mightyleemoon

Postby bucfanclw » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:49 am

Buc2 wrote:

clewy doesn't understand joking/humor. I think he actually thought I was being serious when I said a video BMD posted in the Immigration thread was edited. Yeah...like, no **** it was edited. :roll: Of course, perhaps that was his own feeble attempt at humor. In which case, um, "haha," I guess.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings by not jumping on your shitty joke with something more along the lines of "Stop! Their First Amendment rights are being violated!".
bucfanclw

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:52 am

bucfanclw wrote:

I don't think they would. CNN helped create his popularity and he's tried to catapult that into an eventual political career. I personally never took him serious as a potential political candidate and I don't think others in this sub-forum did either (at least not publicly). Regardless of how this recent allegation plays out for him I think he's done.

But I agree he's kinda like a Democrat version on Trump. Which wouldn't be wise b/c I don't think you can 'out-Trump', Trump.
DreadNaught

Postby Buc2 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:06 am

bucfanclw wrote:
Buc2 wrote:clewy doesn't understand joking/humor. I think he actually thought I was being serious when I said a video BMD posted in the Immigration thread was edited. Yeah...like, no **** it was edited. :roll: Of course, perhaps that was his own feeble attempt at humor. In which case, um, "haha," I guess.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings by not jumping on your shitty joke with something more along the lines of "Stop! Their First Amendment rights are being violated!".

:lol:

Nice try.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:57 am

Swashy wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

You're correct about Harris but I will say it again... if she is to be the first female president she is wasted on Trump. It's been shown time and again that his supporters give zero craps about what he is going to say and do. All he has to do is double down on racism and sexism and he'll win narrowly. I hate to turn it into race baiting and a sex issue but it is not of my own devices. When you run a BLACK WOMAN against a guy like Trump it's going to BECOME a race baiting/sex issue. I do not see how running someone like Harris in 2020 against an incumbent that volatile will not become the nastiest presidential election in the history of the United States. Seriously, we're gonna have to go back to John Adams getting called a hermaphrodite to find anything comparable to what we are going to see. If the Dems are gonna run her do it as a VP so she is not the primary target.

For your other points you are absolutely right about the rust belt but it needs to be part of a bigger focus.

Sinema is only the 2nd elected Democrat since 1969 in the state of Arizona and the first in 25 years. But if Arizona electoral history tells us anything, it's that she is going to serve a long-term as incumbents usually do well there regardless of party affiliation. I do believe that McSally can and will pick up the other seat in 2020.

It's hard to gauge the temperature of Arizona so far out but if I am in charge of getting the 2020 Democrat in office you make Arizona a priority and you continue to hold Nevada now with Rosen sitting as senator. Win the combined 17 electoral votes of Arizona and Nevada and you offset the loss of a state like Wisconsin, Michigan and narrowly PA.

Back to your point on the rust belt Ohio is going to be H-U-G-E and it's consumate purple state. You've had a Democrat as a senator for 11 years and a Republican as a senator in some form for the last 25 years and even at a gubenatorial level they'll still vote Democratic from time to time. Moreso than O'Rourke I think Sherrod Brown is an ace in the hole that will be put to use. I don't know who will win the 2020 nomination but putting him on the ticket possibly snatches Ohio -and we all know a Republican has never won the White House without Ohio and that will absolutely remain true in 2020. Literally because of Ohio alone I can see him on the ticket. It's going to matter a lot who he is with.

But at any rate because of reasons I previously mentioned this is the best thing Dems can do in 2020

Find a white male to run against Trump -so we do not drag gender or race into it

Somewhat young -Sorry folks I think Biden and Sanders are at risk of dying in office and that's gonna be a huge deal

Experienced as a governor or senator -it can and will be used as ammunition against the previously inexperienced Trump

Energetic enough to get out the young vote -lol need we say why if you're a Dem strategist?

The only other factor I can say (especially with Tim Kaine) is that his association with Clinton as her VP candidate could badly hurt him. Trump is gonna bring up 2016 every chance he gets and he's going to have to dodge those bullets like it's a scene from the Matrix. If you run in 2020 it's better that you're not associated with her.

But all together this whole thing is a mess and I do not envy whoever is gonna have to go up against the political equivalent of a **** slinging ape that will literally say and do everything it takes to win while half of America stands back and cheers because he's gonna do it with the American flag wrapped around his chest

You're on the right track, Swashy.

It doesn't HAVE to be a white male. I get what you're saying that the "first Muslim transgender Bisexual indonesian woman" or some other nonsense is a shitty way to push a candidate, but the DNC just needs to STFU on the identity politics and let the candidate be the candidate. By doing that, it doesn't matter if said candidate is a woman or a minority which is what we want as a people in the first place. Best person for the job, content of their character. full stop.

Age does not concern me. The United States has not had a President die in office since 1963. A total of 8 US Presidents have died in office, half of whom were assassinated. President Trump himself will be 74 on election day in 2020 which is 4 years shy of the average lifespan in the US. Even if Bernie is elected President at age 79 and leaves office at 87, the last former president to die under the age of 90 was Nixon at 81 years old. Not electing the right person for the job because they might die in office is simply irrational.

From a policy perspective, the candidate has to draw as big a contrast to Trump as possible and be genuine about it. Hillary could run on a full blown communist revolution and nobody would believe she's serious about it. Despite what the seeming majority of this board thinks, Progressive policy on its own dominates public opinion polling nationwide and this was proven yet again with the progressive ballot initiatives that passed even in Red States last week. Trump talks a good game about being an outsider, but the reality of his presidency is that he has done nothing but serve the economic elites for the last 2 years. Tax cuts, deregulation, 93,000 jobs outsourced offshore in 2017. He's Dubya's 3rd term if we're just talking about policy. You run a genuine progressive running on progressive policy and you should see that person wipe the floor with this buffoon.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Swashy » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:34 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Swashy wrote:

You're on the right track, Swashy.

It doesn't HAVE to be a white male. I get what you're saying that the "first Muslim transgender Bisexual indonesian woman" or some other nonsense is a shitty way to push a candidate, but the DNC just needs to STFU on the identity politics and let the candidate be the candidate. By doing that, it doesn't matter if said candidate is a woman or a minority which is what we want as a people in the first place. Best person for the job, content of their character. full stop.

Age does not concern me. The United States has not had a President die in office since 1963. A total of 8 US Presidents have died in office, half of whom were assassinated. President Trump himself will be 74 on election day in 2020 which is 4 years shy of the average lifespan in the US. Even if Bernie is elected President at age 79 and leaves office at 87, the last former president to die under the age of 90 was Nixon at 81 years old. Not electing the right person for the job because they might die in office is simply irrational.

From a policy perspective, the candidate has to draw as big a contrast to Trump as possible and be genuine about it. Hillary could run on a full blown communist revolution and nobody would believe she's serious about it. Despite what the seeming majority of this board thinks, Progressive policy on its own dominates public opinion polling nationwide and this was proven yet again with the progressive ballot initiatives that passed even in Red States last week. Trump talks a good game about being an outsider, but the reality of his presidency is that he has done nothing but serve the economic elites for the last 2 years. Tax cuts, deregulation, 93,000 jobs outsourced offshore in 2017. He's Dubya's 3rd term if we're just talking about policy. You run a genuine progressive running on progressive policy and you should see that person wipe the floor with this buffoon.

To your point about not nominating someone because they may die in office I completely understand why I am issuing a fallacy in my logic. Unless Sanders or Biden do a "I promise I will not take advantage of my opponent's youth and inexperience" liner like Reagan did against Mondale I fear we're gonna see "Just a heartbeat away" ads all day long. I do think the VP is gonna be a bigger deal than normal this cycle. That's where a guy like Brown comes in. I don't have a problem with him being a VP candidate but who he runs with? That'll be a big deal. Ohio would probably vote a Biden/Brown over a Sanders/Brown ticket but what hell, I'm getting side tracked.

I do believe the Trump campaign WILL say and do anything to win. It's for that same reason about the white male candidate. Race, gender, religion etc is going to come up because it will be MADE into an issue. The Dems can do whatever the hell they want and it's going to BECOME an issue because every idiot in America has access to everything the President says at the touch of a button now. Again I know I am issuing a fallacy here but the day I do not believe it can happen is the day that it might. I can pray only for good health for everyone. Even Trump. I don't like the guy but God I would never wish that he couldn't finish his term in office. You are right about running the best candidate with the best character. That is what should always be done and is always absolutely true. I completely agree that they need to draw as sharp a contrast as possible in terms of policy but who is delivering that message is almost as important as the message itself amongst the Democratic base. I do not believe that 2020 is going to see anything off limits. Trump's business acumen, the Stormy affair, offing his cabinet like a mob boss, the Omarosa fiasco, oh my God man... if the Dems fight dirty.....

I'll be just under the age of 32 when it happens and I honestly do believe 2020 will be the nastiest, dirtiest, most downright awful campaign of my lifetime simply due to Trump's nature. You cannot get the stupid people triggered by baiting and sexism when you counter a male, white, loud-mouthed businessman who had no experience before being president that can and will use everything against you with a male, white, experienced governor/senator that knows what he is talking about with his message. Like I said man you are dead on about every word I said. I simply have no faith in this not becoming the lowest common denominator. Trump is a mirror image of what so many modern day Republicans have become.

Edit: Jesus I need to proof read better
Swashy

Postby deltbucs » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:33 pm

Ted Cruz dominated in the Republican primaries in Texas in 2016, so it's not like they Texas likes other R's better.

That said, **** Beto. He's basically a white version of Obama. He's been a corrupt ***hole using his politics for monetary gain for decades....since he was a city councilman.

I like what I've seen from WV's guy, Ojeda, but my favorite is Tulsi Gabbard. She's my favorite person in Washington right now. She calls out the DNC on their bullshit and corruption. She took a "secret" trip to Syria to see what was really going on and then called out Washington for their war-mongering. I like her views on the Middle East, in general. I'd love to see her throw her hat in the ring. I think (R)'s might liker her in the general, because she's ex-military (edit: actually current), joined while serving in the State Legislature and volunteered to deploy, called out the DNC establishment, and she's pretty hot....which unfortunately matters.
deltbucs

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:42 pm

deltbucs wrote:

Ted Cruz dominated in the Republican primaries in Texas in 2016, so it's not like they Texas likes other R's better.

That said, **** Beto. He's basically a white version of Obama. He's been a corrupt ***hole using his politics for monetary gain for decades....since he was a city councilman.

I like what I've seen from WV's guy, Ojeda, but my favorite is Tulsi Gabbard. She's my favorite person in Washington right now. She calls out the DNC on their bullshit and corruption. She took a "secret" trip to Syria to see what was really going on and then called out Washington for their war-mongering. I like her views on the Middle East, in general. I'd love to see her throw her hat in the ring. I think (R)'s might liker her in the general, because she's ex-military, joined while serving in the State Legislature and volunteered to deploy, called out the DNC establishment, and she's pretty hot....which unfortunately matters.

First off, Beto is obviously Hispanic you racist!! :P

I've always like Gabbard. She did a pod with Rogan that was good and she's always been an independent voice that calls it like she sees it instead of toeing the party line/talking points. I fear she isn't 'left enough' to get on the DNC ticket.

I'd vote for her.
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:56 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
deltbucs wrote:Ted Cruz dominated in the Republican primaries in Texas in 2016, so it's not like they Texas likes other R's better.

I like what I've seen from WV's guy, Ojeda, but my favorite is Tulsi Gabbard. She's my favorite person in Washington right now. She calls out the DNC on their bullshit and corruption. She took a "secret" trip to Syria to see what was really going on and then called out Washington for their war-mongering. I like her views on the Middle East, in general. I'd love to see her throw her hat in the ring. I think (R)'s might liker her in the general, because she's ex-military, joined while serving in the State Legislature and volunteered to deploy, called out the DNC establishment, and she's pretty hot....which unfortunately matters.

First off, Beto is obviously Hispanic you racist!! :P

I've always like Gabbard. She did a pod with Rogan that was good and she's always been an independent voice that calls it like she sees it instead of toeing the party line/talking points. I fear she isn't 'left enough' to get on the DNC ticket.

I'd vote for her.

I'm going to go listen to her talk to Rogan if its on Youtube. I'd like to hear her off script.

Tulsi is pretty awesome on policy and could absolutely be kryptonite for Trump, but like Ojeda, she's got some fine tuning to do. Betcha I feel better about it after hearing her talk to Joe.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Ken Carson » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:21 pm

Count me officially out of the Kamala Harris camp. She used the confirmation of the new ICE chairman to draw comparisons between ICE and the KKK.
Ken Carson

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:38 pm

Ken Carson wrote:Count me officially out of the Kamala Harris camp. She used the confirmation of the new ICE chairman to draw comparisons between ICE and the KKK.

She's Hillary 2.0 anyway.
Mountaineer Buc

Next

Return to Politics and Religion