Gov't spending | National Debt

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
post

Re: Gov't spending | National Debt

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:00 pm

mdb1958 wrote:Yes I mean debt. Damn ------------------ I wish you'd delete your post and start over.



I think you and I talked about this before. I see very little correlation between outsourcing and our national debt.
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 6711
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 350 times
Been thanked: 293 times

Re: Gov't spending | National Debt

Postby bucfanclw » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:20 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:Yes I mean debt. Damn ------------------ I wish you'd delete your post and start over.



I think you and I talked about this before. I see very little correlation between outsourcing and our national debt.

Well there is the correlation that offshoring can result in companies shifting their stated incomes resulting in tax loopholes, but I dont really see that as the biggest issue.
User avatar
bucfanclw
 
Posts: 4019
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:09 pm
Location: I'm told Clewiston
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 163 times

Re: Gov't spending | National Debt

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:14 pm

http://www.thebalance.com/us-debt-by-pr ... nt-3306296 All those figures are what we are short of for funds. Going from billions to trillions is a crazy jump. It happens when the money ran away and its not a coincidence.


You think about the mass exodus of jobs and money from our country and then watch the dollar amount of our spending.

The collection of money is going one way and the spending is going another way. In a short period of time China totally killed the heat and transfer business and now they own the majority of the profits, mega billions. It turned into transference of goods where your profit came from bloating the price and making the Americans pay for it - this happened with everything.

Even if you reduce spending, the collection of funds falls way short, the use of our trillions in the rest of the world sent us into a tailspin.Those trillions help the rest of the world and made hundreds of trillions in profits that did not benefit us like it would of if it was being used in the US.

Wars didnt help.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 10143
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 164 times
Been thanked: 97 times

Re: Gov't spending | National Debt

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:29 pm

2007 was congresses brilliant idea of helping every American own a house failure.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 10143
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 164 times
Been thanked: 97 times

Re: Gov't spending | National Debt

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:55 pm

mdb1958 wrote:2007 was congresses brilliant idea of helping every American own a house failure.

You give the government too much credit.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 14376
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 160 times
Been thanked: 666 times

Re: Gov't spending | National Debt

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:28 am

110th Congress.

After 12 years the Dems get control. They thought it was a good idea for every American to own a home, even knowing they couldnt afford one.

The money, the power, and the puppets all knew the bs that was happening. Good ole puffer Barney Frank.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 10143
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 164 times
Been thanked: 97 times

Re: Gov't spending | National Debt

Postby bucfanclw » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:28 am

mdb1958 wrote:110th Congress.

After 12 years the Dems get control. They thought it was a good idea for every American to own a home, even knowing they couldnt afford one.

The money, the power, and the puppets all knew the bs that was happening. Good ole puffer Barney Frank.

Dude. The 110th Congress started with the housing crisis already in effect. Also, the line you're regurgitating about it being a bad idea for some people to own homes is off the mark because the data showed it was a rash of real estate investors that were defaulting on loans at a high rate since they were getting into subprime ARMs. Do some reading on the subject.
User avatar
bucfanclw
 
Posts: 4019
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:09 pm
Location: I'm told Clewiston
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 163 times

Re: Gov't spending | National Debt

Postby mightyleemoon » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:15 am

Why is anyone even pretending that this conversation is partisan at all? Over-spending is easily the most bi-partisan issue in existence. Democrats and Republicans alike have no interest in solving this issue. The only thing they seem to know how to do is point across the aisle and direct blame. And, the more hyper-partisan our government/citizens become, the less likely this issue will ever be addressed.

Don't expect anything to change on the debt front in your lifetime.
User avatar
mightyleemoon
 
Posts: 3615
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:35 pm
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 190 times

Re: Gov't spending | National Debt

Postby mdb1958 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:49 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Japan wrote off nearly half of it's national debt
Poof. Gone.


MB, I read your link and then I check Japans debt and its nearly 13 tril. Somebody believes story's.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 10143
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 164 times
Been thanked: 97 times

Re: Gov't spending | National Debt

Postby mdb1958 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:50 am

mightyleemoon wrote:Why is anyone even pretending that this conversation is partisan at all? Over-spending is easily the most bi-partisan issue in existence. Democrats and Republicans alike have no interest in solving this issue. The only thing they seem to know how to do is point across the aisle and direct blame. And, the more hyper-partisan our government/citizens become, the less likely this issue will ever be addressed.

Don't expect anything to change on the debt front in your lifetime.

One side wants free more than the other and free aint free.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 10143
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 164 times
Been thanked: 97 times

Re: Gov't spending | National Debt

Postby Deuce » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:00 am

mightyleemoon wrote:Why is anyone even pretending that this conversation is partisan at all? Over-spending is easily the most bi-partisan issue in existence. Democrats and Republicans alike have no interest in solving this issue. The only thing they seem to know how to do is point across the aisle and direct blame. And, the more hyper-partisan our government/citizens become, the less likely this issue will ever be addressed.

Don't expect anything to change on the debt front in your lifetime.


My memory of this is fuzzy. But I heard someone talking about this on a podcast. We spend billions on military operations in Afghanistan every year, still. If anyone was serious about the deficit, they'd put an end to those. But check out the spending, especially under Obama.
User avatar
Deuce
 
Posts: 1544
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:23 pm
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 48 times

Re: Gov't spending | National Debt

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:01 am

mdb1958 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Japan wrote off nearly half of it's national debt
Poof. Gone.


MB, I read your link and then I check Japans debt and its nearly 13 tril. Somebody believes story's.

The article is from last year and says Japan has been writing off 750B a year, but doesn't say where they started from so I can't really tell you one way or another how much their debt has grown or shrank in the last year. I confess to not being an expert on Japanese macroeconomics. It's the method they are employing that I found interesting.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 14376
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 160 times
Been thanked: 666 times

Re: Gov't spending | National Debt

Postby Deuce » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:06 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:
MB, I read your link and then I check Japans debt and its nearly 13 tril. Somebody believes story's.

The article is from last year and says Japan has been writing off 750B a year, but doesn't say where they started from so I can't really tell you one way or another how much their debt has grown or shrank in the last year. I confess to not being an expert on Japanese macroeconomics. It's the method they are employing that I found interesting.


pfffft. Casual.
User avatar
Deuce
 
Posts: 1544
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:23 pm
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 48 times

Re: Gov't spending | National Debt

Postby mdb1958 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:08 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:
MB, I read your link and then I check Japans debt and its nearly 13 tril. Somebody believes story's.

The article is from last year and says Japan has been writing off 750B a year, but doesn't say where they started from so I can't really tell you one way or another how much their debt has grown or shrank in the last year. I confess to not being an expert on Japanese macroeconomics. It's the method they are employing that I found interesting.


Prolly everyone there wants it to get paid too. The same evil that has their shite 3 miles down in a hole, created ours too.

They are really doing it to everybody LOL.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 10143
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 164 times
Been thanked: 97 times

Previous

post

Return to Politics and Religion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Zarniwoop and 16 guests