NationStates

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: NationStates

Postby NYBF » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:38 am

Buc2 wrote:Go with #3, of course.

Yeah, it's either 1 or 3 for sure. I just think lobotomies are a little extreme. I'd feel better with just electroshock and drugs.
NYBF

Postby Buc2 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:44 am

NYBF wrote:

Yeah, it's either 1 or 3 for sure. I just think lobotomies are a little extreme. I'd feel better with just electroshock and drugs.

Agreed on the lobotomies. If you're gonna do that, just go with Stepford Wife robots instead.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Rocker » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:34 am

Rocker

Postby NYBF » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:13 am

OK.

The Talking Point
Glassy-eyed Squatters Cragian wives lifelessly chant "I love you" on command.

Reclassification
Squatters Crag's Civil Rights fell from Excellent to Very Good.

That somehow led to:

NYBF

Postby Rocker » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:42 am

You monster.
Rocker

Postby Buc2 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:30 pm

:lol:
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby NYBF » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:39 pm

It's all right, guys. I reaffirmed freedom of religion, so Civil Rights are back up to Excellent.
NYBF

Postby The Outsider » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:11 pm

The Issue

The merchant navy of Thanks Obama has seen increasing attacks from swashbuckling pirates in recent months, devastating the nation’s foreign trade.
The Debate

“We should blow them out of the water!” says First Lord Admiral Ali Larkin. “These waterlogged vagabonds have been plundering our ships for far too long! All our exports from the Arms Manufacturing industry are going straight into their hands! It’s downright dangerous for us to let this continue! All we require is some funding for coastal patrol boats, fleet carriers, and nuclear submarines and a free hand to show these freebooters what’s what.”

“Hello,” says a grog-swilling, peg-legged scurvy dog entering your office. “I’m Elsa Sajak, a mighty pirate. I’d like to suggest that instead of wasting all that money on attacking pirates you simply buy them off with barrels of bullion, jewels and Maxtopian gold! There’ll still be pirates around, sure, but as long as everyone’s paid off, they won’t hinder your trade. Not much anyway.”

“Come now, that’s hardly fair,” argues ‘gentleman pirate’ Taupebeard de Gauche with a bow and flourish. “There is an ancient tradition of actively redistributing wealth on the high seas, and we active redistributors serve an important role in the global economy. You would not keep a family-run bookstore from handing down its business from generation to generation, would you? We simply ask, nay, demand the same right! And get rid of the word ‘pirate’. It’s a slur. We are corsairs - not common sea-faring thugs.”

Damn dirty pirates!
The Outsider

Postby Buc2 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:19 pm

The Outsider wrote:
The Issue

The merchant navy of Thanks Obama has seen increasing attacks from swashbuckling pirates in recent months, devastating the nation’s foreign trade.
The Debate

“We should blow them out of the water!” says First Lord Admiral Ali Larkin. “These waterlogged vagabonds have been plundering our ships for far too long! All our exports from the Arms Manufacturing industry are going straight into their hands! It’s downright dangerous for us to let this continue! All we require is some funding for coastal patrol boats, fleet carriers, and nuclear submarines and a free hand to show these freebooters what’s what.”

“Hello,” says a grog-swilling, peg-legged scurvy dog entering your office. “I’m Elsa Sajak, a mighty pirate. I’d like to suggest that instead of wasting all that money on attacking pirates you simply buy them off with barrels of bullion, jewels and Maxtopian gold! There’ll still be pirates around, sure, but as long as everyone’s paid off, they won’t hinder your trade. Not much anyway.”

“Come now, that’s hardly fair,” argues ‘gentleman pirate’ Taupebeard de Gauche with a bow and flourish. “There is an ancient tradition of actively redistributing wealth on the high seas, and we active redistributors serve an important role in the global economy. You would not keep a family-run bookstore from handing down its business from generation to generation, would you? We simply ask, nay, demand the same right! And get rid of the word ‘pirate’. It’s a slur. We are corsairs - not common sea-faring thugs.”

Damn dirty pirates!

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby The Outsider » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:19 pm

Oh most definitely. Now my navy is known as the scourge of the seven thousand seas.
The Outsider

Postby NYBF » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:09 pm

The Issue
Due to the ongoing wars in neighboring countries, a recent rash of illegal immigrants have been caught at the borders of Squatters Crag, prompting many citizens to call for tighter immigration laws.

The Debate
[Kick out all the immigrants and build a wall]

[Welcome everyone]

“Hold on there, hold on people!” says Declan Palpatine of the Squatters Crag Broadcasting company. “We don’t have to take either extreme, all we have to do is make a TV game show out of it! We put deadly obstacles on the border and monitor it with television cameras! Those that make it across win freedom and citizenship, and those who don’t, well, let’s just say that our buzzards won’t starve. We could call it ‘Who Wants to be an Immigrant?’!”

Accept

The Talking Point
The controversial show 'Who Wants to be an Immigrant?' has become wildly popular.

Reclassification
NYBF

Postby The Outsider » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:17 pm

NYBF wrote:The Issue
Due to the ongoing wars in neighboring countries, a recent rash of illegal immigrants have been caught at the borders of Squatters Crag, prompting many citizens to call for tighter immigration laws.

The Debate
[Kick out all the immigrants and build a wall]

[Welcome everyone]

“Hold on there, hold on people!” says Declan Palpatine of the Squatters Crag Broadcasting company. “We don’t have to take either extreme, all we have to do is make a TV game show out of it! We put deadly obstacles on the border and monitor it with television cameras! Those that make it across win freedom and citizenship, and those who don’t, well, let’s just say that our buzzards won’t starve. We could call it ‘Who Wants to be an Immigrant?’!”

Accept

The Talking Point
The controversial show 'Who Wants to be an Immigrant?' has become wildly popular.

Reclassification

I got that one. I chose to let everyone in and the talking point was something along the lines of all of the immigrants complaining about natives taking their jobs.
The Outsider

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:21 am

beardmcdoug

Postby Buc2 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:58 am

The Talking Point
Violent criminals are doomed to be hunted by a psychotic billionaire.

Reclassification
Bucland's Civil Rights fell from Excellent to Good.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Buc2 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:03 am

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Rocker » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:08 am

Buc2 wrote:The Talking Point
Violent criminals are doomed to be hunted by a psychotic billionaire.

Reclassification
Bucland's Civil Rights fell from Excellent to Good.

That’s awesome.
Rocker

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:14 am

alright...i think it's time for me to pick some outrageous answers too .... i'm pretty bored with the game...the headlines you guys get are at least fun to read.
Zarniwoop

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:23 am

Zarniwoop wrote:alright...i think it's time for me to pick some outrageous answers too .... i'm pretty bored with the game...the headlines you guys get are at least fun to read.

who said I was picking outrageous answers :twisted:
beardmcdoug

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:26 am

Lol
Zarniwoop

Postby NYBF » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:31 am

Yeah, I've decided I'm mostly going with the craziest answer to see what happens. Yeah, my economy may suck, but I'm top 8% in the world in unexpected death rate.
NYBF

Postby Buc2 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:35 am

Zarniwoop wrote:alright...i think it's time for me to pick some outrageous answers too .... i'm pretty bored with the game...the headlines you guys get are at least fun to read.

Yep. If I want to get serious about it, I'll just start a new country.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby The Outsider » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:38 am

I try to keep my nations true to their core beliefs while also selecting stupid answers. It's been interesting thus far.
The Outsider

Postby Buc2 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:43 am

The Outsider wrote:I try to keep my nations true to their core beliefs while also selecting stupid answers. It's been interesting thus far.

Right. Same here. When I was still being mostly serious, I reinstated capital punishment for Bucland. So when the chance to let a billionaire hunt violent criminals on his private island came along, I ran with it. It still meshes (sorta) with Bucland's capital punishment policy views. :D
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:45 am

The Outsider wrote:I try to keep my nations true to their core beliefs while also selecting stupid answers. It's been interesting thus far.

yeah that's where I'm at too. I actually like the pace of it at this point, 4-5 issues a day to wake up to are just enough
beardmcdoug

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:46 am

LOL I like that when you go to Butthut's page, it's a picture of a lone hut in a field
beardmcdoug

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:29 pm

if uhhh you guys need to.... uhhh talk to ducks about anything... I'm .... I'm your guy

Influence
Duckspeaker
beardmcdoug

Postby The Outsider » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:51 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:LOL I like that when you go to Butthut's page, it's a picture of a lone hut in a field

Well, we are Capitalist Techno-barbarians.

Essentially, the Imperium of Man.
The Outsider

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:30 pm

The Department of Health is snowed under by requests for crisper ciabatta and tenderer tagliatelle, restaurants are required to specify whether their toilet paper was made in Republic of Zarnia, public incontinence is a growing problem amongst the nation's women, and a video of Leader wearing shock-blue face paint and smashing an electric guitar in front of a frenzied crowd is on endless repeat on the nightly news.
Zarniwoop

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:22 am

social media sites prompt users to send birthday greetings to unresponsive nonagenarians, and 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Republic of Zarnia's radio stations.
Zarniwoop

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:27 am

Almost every issue I vote on increases corruption. I made it legal to burn our flag as freedom of speech, corruption increased. I allowed booty shorts to be legal, corruption increased. I made trademarks and patients legal, corruption increased. Some I can see how they are getting there like with the patients and the way the booty shorts question was presented, but others it's such a leap.
uscbucsfan

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion