Quick Hits, part 2 -- Theme: Most important issues

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Quick Hits, part 2 -- Theme: Most important issues

Postby Zarniwoop » Mon May 07, 2018 11:15 am

OK, in this week's quick hits (I've officially named the series :P ), we are focusing on what you think the most important/biggest issues are in a few areas. Let's keep our initial replies to the issues...and then any conversation or solutions or follow-up can be put in follow-up posts like we did last week.

(if someone has a suggestion to add to the list put it in your list and I'll update mine)

Enjoy!

Biggest Economic Issue on National Scale:
Biggest Social/Cultural Issue on National Scale:
Biggest Political/Legal Issue on National Scale:
Biggest issue at the State Level where you live:
Biggest issue at the Local (municipal) Level where you live:
Biggest Issue in Healthcare:
Biggest Issue Education:
Zarniwoop

Re: Quick Hits, part 2 -- Theme: Most important issues

Postby Zarniwoop » Mon May 07, 2018 11:23 am

Biggest Economic Issue on National Scale: Our $22 Trillion national debt
Biggest Social/Cultural Issue on National Scale: out of wedlock birthrate and all the associated and heavily correlated issues with it
Biggest Political/Legal Issue on National Scale: Overreach of all three levels: Executive Power, Congressional Power and Judicial Review
Biggest issue at the State Level where you live: Illegal Immigration
Biggest issue at the Local (municipal) Level where you live: The last lot of developmental land for real estate just started building. We can no longer rely on massive population growth for revenue
Biggest Issue in Healthcare: Increasing government influence in the marketplace
Biggest Issue Education: one size fits all approach
Zarniwoop

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon May 07, 2018 11:47 am

Zarniwoop wrote:OK, in this week's quick hits (I've officially named the series :P ), we are focusing on what you think the most important/biggest issues are in a few areas. Let's keep our initial replies to the issues...and then any conversation or solutions or follow-up can be put in follow-up posts like we did last week.

(if someone has a suggestion to add to the list put it in your list and I'll update mine)

Enjoy!

hello friendly honeypot :)

Biggest Economic Issue on National Scale: Impending automation wave and the complete lack of planning for its arrival
Biggest Social/Cultural Issue on National Scale: Devaluing of the family; primary cultural themes are violence, promiscuity, irresponsibility. poor parenting. overall promotion of individualistic and short sighted behavior. manipulation of human nature/biology by those with the money and power
Biggest Political/Legal Issue on National Scale: CIA/NSA data accumulation/soon-to-be-weaponization + globalization -> controlled long-game class separation -> limitations of freedoms
Biggest issue at the State Level where you live: decreased funding for schools / infrastructure
Biggest issue at the Local (municipal) Level where you live: major lead pipe / environmental health issues in milwaukee. also crime
Biggest Issue in Healthcare: natural skyrocketing costs, social security elephant
Biggest Issue Education: its **** quality; overcrowded schools, low pay for teachers, bullshit standardization, corruption
beardmcdoug

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon May 07, 2018 11:53 am

Biggest Economic Issue on National Scale: Income and Wealth inequality. It's not that Jeff Bezos make too much, it's that his janitor makes so little by comparison. The US no longer leads the world in standard of living and doesn't even crack the top 10 according to the World Economic Forum.

Biggest Social/Cultural Issue on National Scale: Society is becoming increasingly jaded about fundamental American things. Elections, Economics, ability of the government at any level to solve problems for the common man.

Biggest Political/Legal Issue on National Scale: The ability to legally buy political influence.

Biggest issue at the State Level where you live: Get a governor that is worth a damn.

Biggest issue at the Local (municipal) Level where you live: Inability of City and county to react to population growth. Traffic congestion is bad and getting worse.

Biggest Issue in Healthcare: It's the best system in the world, but only if you can afford it. This must stop and all options are on the table.

Biggest Issue Education: Primary focus is on memorization and test taking. K12 education should focus its effort on developing understanding of the world and the tools used to increase that understanding. Education policymakers are overfocused on metrics rather than facilitating learning. Having momentary proficiency at quadratic equations in the 8th grade is a pointless metric if the student does not understand the purpose of knowing that function. Education must be revamed on a massive scale that produces graduates that are able to read, question, understand, reason, apply, and communicate.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon May 07, 2018 12:13 pm

What?!?!

I agree with MB on a healthcare related statement? Crazy...

I'll try to do this tonight.

Edit: Obviously not the "all options" part.
uscbucsfan

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon May 07, 2018 12:26 pm

MB - your education portion was very well put, +1
beardmcdoug

Postby DreadNaught » Mon May 07, 2018 12:54 pm

Biggest Economic Issue on National Scale: The National Debt and neither major party taking it serious. We're crippling future generations with decades of continuous irresponsible spending at the federal level.
Biggest Social/Cultural Issue on National Scale: What BMD said, The erosion of the family structure.
Biggest Political/Legal Issue on National Scale: Mass data collection on citizens and special interest lobbying
Biggest issue at the State Level where you live: Since Florida just became a medical marijuana state the bureaucrats are doing their best to slow down the roll out.
Biggest issue at the Local (municipal) Level where you live: Mass transit options are lacking
Biggest Issue in Healthcare: Cost of basic/routine healthcare needs
Biggest Issue Education: Teacher unions having too much power and looking out for the best interest of teachers and the peril of the what is best for the students. School choice is important to me because competition is always best for the consumer (student) and underperforming educators and institutions should accountable for their performance
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon May 07, 2018 1:28 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:What?!?!

I agree with MB on a healthcare related statement? Crazy...

I'll try to do this tonight.

Edit: Obviously not the "all options" part.

Join the dark side. We have cookies.
Mountaineer Buc

Return to Politics and Religion