Hate Speech

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Hate Speech

Postby Zarniwoop » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:33 pm

First there was the idiotic notion of hate crime.

Then the even more ludicrous notion of hate speech.

At first it gave the Enlightened a way to ridicule and try to shut down speech they don't like (see college campuses across America)....but even more disturbingly now it is getting codified into law across the world.

Just read of a story in the UK where a couple years ago a 13 year old boy was tragically killed riding his bicycle. Another teen posted the lyrics to a rap song on the boy's social media to pay tribute to the boy. As you might guess, the rap song contained vulgarity including the N-word.

The now 19 year old teen was accused and found guilty of hate speech. The teen now has to wear an ankle bracelet monitoring their movement and pay a fine of roughly $1,000.

God help us if this sort of insanity ever finds its way into the US Justice System.
Zarniwoop

Re: Hate Speech

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:47 pm

The UK is truly devolving into a police-state dystopian hell. There's something so self-fulfilling about the phenomenon in that country that it's almost shocking.
beardmcdoug

Postby Selmon Rules » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:35 pm

I was talking to someone today and noted that it was better before the PC police showed up and started correcting everyone's speech. Back then you knew where everyone stood on matters of race and basic respect for others. Now everyone is so careful about how and what they say, you never know who the real idiots are....
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
Selmon Rules

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:52 pm

We're getting closer the utopian society we saw in Demolition Man (great 90's action flick)
DreadNaught

Postby Ken Carson » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:04 pm

DreadNaught wrote:We're getting closer the utopian society we saw in Demolition Man (great 90's action flick)

Simon says die!
Ken Carson

Postby Zarniwoop » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:19 pm

Selmon Rules wrote:I was talking to someone today and noted that it was better before the PC police showed up and started correcting everyone's speech. Back then you knew where everyone stood on matters of race and basic respect for others. Now everyone is so careful about how and what they say, you never know who the real idiots are....

I’ve maintained this for ages. The best way to show the sheer stupidity of the KKK or Antifa or similar groups is simply to let them speak. They do more damage to their cause then anyone who tries to criticize them on rational grounds using valid arguments.
Zarniwoop

Postby The Outsider » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:14 am

Another thing I'm guessing most of us will agree on.
The Outsider

Postby deltbucs » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:14 am

The Outsider wrote:Another thing I'm guessing most of us will agree on.

Yep
deltbucs

Postby bucfanclw » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:34 am

The Outsider wrote:Another thing I'm guessing most of us will agree on.

This
bucfanclw

Postby Buc2 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:57 am

Speaking of hate speech/hate groups. A new poll # is out.

Voters are even more critical of the so-called “antifa” protesters who surfaced again this past weekend in Charlottesville and Washington, DC and continue to think they’re chiefly interested in causing trouble.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that only 18% of Likely U.S. Voters share a favorable opinion of the antifa protesters, with six percent (6%) who view them Very Favorably. That compares to 24% and eight percent (8%) respectively last September.

Fifty-four percent (54%) have an unfavorable opinion of these protesters, including 39% with a Very Unfavorable one. Twenty-eight percent (28%) are undecided.

I'm surprised 18% hold a favorable view of them.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Stuart » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:03 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:
Selmon Rules wrote:I was talking to someone today and noted that it was better before the PC police showed up and started correcting everyone's speech. Back then you knew where everyone stood on matters of race and basic respect for others. Now everyone is so careful about how and what they say, you never know who the real idiots are....

I’ve maintained this for ages. The best way to show the sheer stupidity of the KKK or Antifa or similar groups is simply to let them speak. They do more damage to their cause then anyone who tries to criticize them on rational grounds using valid arguments.

LOL

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/16/un ... -room.html
Stuart

Postby Stuart » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:13 pm

Buc2 wrote:Speaking of hate speech/hate groups. A new poll # is out.

Voters are even more critical of the so-called “antifa” protesters who surfaced again this past weekend in Charlottesville and Washington, DC and continue to think they’re chiefly interested in causing trouble.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that only 18% of Likely U.S. Voters share a favorable opinion of the antifa protesters, with six percent (6%) who view them Very Favorably. That compares to 24% and eight percent (8%) respectively last September.

Fifty-four percent (54%) have an unfavorable opinion of these protesters, including 39% with a Very Unfavorable one. Twenty-eight percent (28%) are undecided.

meh I would think it's higher...

hell they have hollywood, main stream media, court system/judges, democrats and everyone else who hates trump behind them
Stuart

Postby Buc2 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:34 pm

Stuart wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Speaking of hate speech/hate groups. A new poll # is out.

hell they have hollywood, main stream media, court system/judges, democrats and everyone else who hates trump behind them

I guess even those people think there is a right way and a wrong way to hate Trump. :lol:
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Stuart » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:58 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Stuart wrote:

I guess even those people think there is a right way and a wrong way to hate Trump. :lol:

some people just hate everyone who doesn't agree with them. those same people will argue endlessly how open minded they are.
Stuart

Postby Cheb » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:34 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:First there was the idiotic notion of hate crime.

At first it gave the Enlightened a way to ridicule and try to shut down speech they don't like (see college campuses across America)....but even more disturbingly now it is getting codified into law across the world.

Just read of a story in the UK where a couple years ago a 13 year old boy was tragically killed riding his bicycle. Another teen posted the lyrics to a rap song on the boy's social media to pay tribute to the boy. As you might guess, the rap song contained vulgarity including the N-word.

The now 19 year old teen was accused and found guilty of hate speech. The teen now has to wear an ankle bracelet monitoring their movement and pay a fine of roughly $1,000.

God help us if this sort of insanity ever finds its way into the US Justice System.

I wouldn't consider the example you detailed to be hate speech, specifically because the speech wasn't used in a hateful manner.

You may want to use an example that's a tad less absurd if you want to defend carte blanche freedom of speech.
Cheb

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:58 pm

Cheb wrote:

I wouldn't consider the example you detailed to be hate speech, specifically because the speech wasn't used in a hateful manner.

You may want to use an example that's a tad less absurd if you want to defend carte blanche freedom of speech.

I used a real life example....and it is absurd....that was my point.
Zarniwoop

Postby Ken Carson » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:18 pm

Cheb wrote:

The line for hate speech is “is anyone offended,” not an objective line. So yeah, this is a foreseeable consequence of hate speech laws.
Ken Carson

Postby Cheb » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:20 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:
Cheb wrote:

I used a real life example....and it is absurd....that was my point.

You're taking an extreme outlier and painting it as the norm in an effort to support your viewpoint. Kinda disingenuous if you ask me. But you do you.
Cheb

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:38 pm

Stuart wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:

LOL

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/16/un ... -room.html

Pathetic...

The outrage mob swung and missed at that. All that effort for 20 idiot Nazi LARPers led by an occupy bro still living in his parents basement.
DreadNaught

Postby SDBucs » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:52 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:The UK is truly devolving into a police-state dystopian hell. There's something so self-fulfilling about the phenomenon in that country that it's almost shocking.

This this this this this

A liberal will sit you down and tell you all about how Europe has such great schools, such perfect medicine, amazing culture.. yada yada

But they tend to conveniently ignore things like this. I'm glad this board sees it.

The UK is absolutely fucked. Censorship off the rails, broken justice system, crime, Islam slowly taking over. I've never been and never plan to. God save the Queen I guess

Over the next 30 years we will see drastic changes to the UK in the absolute wrong direction.

Hate speech as a concept is a societal cancer.
SDBucs

Return to Politics and Religion