U.S. vs Syria (Russia/Iran)

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
U.S. vs Syria (Russia/Iran)

Postby Buc2 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:50 am

So Trump has warned Russia that the US is planning a retaliatory strike on Syria over the gassing of civilians.

A friend of my family that lives in Iran posted the following yesterday on FB...

According to this article, it looks like Trump is working with our allies on formulating a response.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... ia-n864901

French President Emmanuel Macron has called for a "strong and joint response" to the latest incident.

Macron also said France, the U.S. and Britain would decide how to respond in the coming days.

“Chemical weapons capabilities” were legitimate targets, he said, but added that allies of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad were not. In addition to Russia, Iran and Iran-backed Lebanese group Hezbollah support the Syrian strongman.

Trump has also spoken by phone with British Prime Minister Theresa May, who on Wednesday said all indications were that the Syrian government was behind the attack in Douma.

"The use of chemical weapons cannot go unchallenged," she told reporters in Birmingham, central England. "We'll be working with our closest allies to consider how we can ensure that those responsible are held to account, and also how we can prevent and deter the humanitarian catastrophe of the use of chemical weapons in the future."
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Re: U.S. vs Syria (Russia/Iran)

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:56 am

If we do something I really hope we have real proof of who used the gas and not “they have weapons of mass destruction” proof

I know Assad is a horrible murdering person but it just seems odd he would use chemical weapons only days after Trump said he wants our troops to leave soon
Last edited by Zarniwoop on Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zarniwoop

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:57 am

Zarniwoop wrote:If we do something I really hope we have real proof of who used the gas and not “they have weapons of mass destruction” proof

Not a fan of America being world police or choosing sides, especially when both sides have enemies of ours on them.
uscbucsfan

Postby beardmcdoug » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:02 am

Zarniwoop wrote:If we do something I really hope we have real proof of who used the gas and not “they have weapons of mass destruction” proof

I know Assad is a horrible murdering person but it just seems odd he would use chemical weapons only days after Trump said he wants our troops to leave soon

my thoughts exactly

hope its not "evidence" from these guys
beardmcdoug

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:14 am

American political partisanship aside Syria is a ***damn clusterfuck. The US government cries about innocent civilians getting killed in Syria yet sells bombs to Saudi Arabia knowing they will use them to continue bombing neighboring Yemen killing thousands of innocent people.

I got no love for Assad, but the global politics that have infested that country/region makes any peaceful resolution seemingly impossible to roadmap. America is playing both sides here where we're fighting and destroying ISIS while also now wanting to fight the Syrian government that ISIS is also fighting. Plus with Russia/Iran backing Assad it's quite the quagmire.

What is the endgame in Syria and how do we get there? If America abandons Syria altogether would it just create another vacuum where ISIS and other groups w/ anti-US interests can take control?

With Bolton now in Trump's ear as NSA and Pompeo taking over SoS I think military action is forgone conclusion. Nothing rallies the DC establishment together like dropping bombs and Trump doesn't have the fortitude or resolve to take a measured approach here and stick to his non-interventionist approach in that region unless it benefits the US. Killing ISIS is one thing that most agree is good thing that protects Americans and their interests, but regime change is another ball of wax.

We'll see. Not alot of good answers here I'm afraid.
Last edited by DreadNaught on Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
DreadNaught

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:16 am

DreadNaught wrote:American political partisanship aside Syria is a ***damn clusterfuck. The US government cries about innocent civilians getting killed in Syria yet sells bombs to Saudi Arabia knowing they will use them to continue bombing neighboring Yemen killing thousands of innocent people.

I got no love for Assad, but the global politics that have infested that country/region makes any peaceful resolution seemingly impossible to roadmap. America is playing both sides here where we're fighting and destroying ISIS while also now wanting to fight the Syrian government that ISIS is also fighting. Plus with Russia/Iran backing Assad it's quite the quagmire.

What is the endgame in Syria and how to we get there? If America abandons Syria altogether would it just create another vacuum where ISIS and other groups w/ anti-US interests can take control?

With Bolton now in Trump's ear as NSA and Pompeo taking over SoS I think military action is forgone conclusion. Nothing rallies the DC establishment together like dropping bombs and Trump doesn't have the fortitude or resolve to take a measured approach here and stick to his non-interventionist approach in that region unless it benefits the US. Killing ISIS is one thing that most agree is good thing that protects Americans and their interests, but regime change is another ball of wax.

We'll see. Not alot of good answers here I'm afraid.

Good post.
uscbucsfan

Postby deltbucs » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:24 am

I'm getting tired of agreeing with you..
deltbucs

Postby deltbucs » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:50 am

I really think that everyone should read an article or watch a video about Tulsi Gabbard's "secret" trip to Syria. You can find articles from left and right sources. Interviews from Fox and CNN.

In short, she questions if Assad is behind the attacks and she says that all of the Syrian people say that there is no rebel group...only terrorist groups that we are arming. This is really worth a watch.

deltbucs

Postby Buc2 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:56 am

DreadNaught wrote:American political partisanship aside Syria is a ***damn clusterfuck.

What is the endgame in Syria and how to we get there?

Good post, btw.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:33 am

how to we get there
mdb1958

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:51 am

mdb1958 wrote:how to we get there

*do

Didn't realize you were such a stickler on typos :roll: .
DreadNaught

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:49 am

DreadNaught wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:how to we get there

*do

Didn't realize you were such a stickler on typos :roll: .

I'm not, I just hit the door while it was open. When you take time to proof a post because the letters are getting worn off the keys and still get grief you wait to pounce.

I'm surprise that you didnt announce that you had a mdb moment.
mdb1958

Postby The Outsider » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:45 am

The endgame in Syria, for us and our ME allies, is halting the Iran gas pipeline. If Iran gets the gas line in to Europe, since they're in Russia's sphere of influence, Russia has more influence over Europe, albeit slightly indirectly.
The Outsider

Postby deltbucs » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:35 am

The Outsider wrote:The endgame in Syria, for us and our ME allies, is halting the Iran gas pipeline. If Iran gets the gas line in to Europe, since they're in Russia's sphere of influence, Russia has more influence over Europe, albeit slightly indirectly.

You mean we might actually go to war over fossil fuels? The US would never do something like t.......oh wait...
deltbucs

Postby RedLeader » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:12 pm

And here we... GO.
RedLeader

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:25 pm

I’m surprised the French and British were involved.

Unfortunately this can only end badly
Zarniwoop

Postby The Outsider » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:27 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:I’m surprised the French and British were involved.

Unfortunately this can only end badly

This is all so incredibly stupid. Something something beware the military-industrial complex.
The Outsider

Postby beardmcdoug » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:02 pm

The Outsider wrote:The endgame in Syria, for us and our ME allies, is halting the Iran gas pipeline. If Iran gets the gas line in to Europe, since they're in Russia's sphere of influence, Russia has more influence over Europe, albeit slightly indirectly.

Good take
beardmcdoug

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:49 pm

How many Joes are going to get put through the meat grinder this time?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby The Outsider » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:56 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:How many Joes are going to get put through the meat grinder this time?

As many as it takes for **** Cheney to buy a new, cyborg body.
The Outsider

Postby Brazen331 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:15 pm

Even if Kucinich or Bernie Sanders were President, there would srill be this strike. Rep, Dem, it does not matter; they all become global warriors like McCain when they enter the Oval Office.

Whoever is in really in charge continues to ensure that we blow trillions in the Middle East.
Brazen331

Postby sanka » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:19 am

U.S has been doing this for years...stage a false news and go to war just like Iraq.

Another pointless bomb.
“The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.”
― Malcolm X
sanka

Postby Alpha » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:38 am

Anyone else find it amusing that the Soviets...who have wrecked havoc in Ukraine, are now appealing for "calm" and "peace" in Syria?

**** you Russia...or whatever it is you're calling yourselves these days.

Assad is a butcher and a general douche and gets what he deserves. From us OR the Israelis'. So do the Iranians.

That said, this is a half-measure that really doesn't accomplish much. And before you Millennials get all weepy and piss yourselves...this is the **** many of us grew up with.

So STFU and get ahold of yourselves. Trump has the nerves of steel and cool, calm demeanor to navigate this situation...perfectly.

LMAO!

WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!11!!!!!
Alpha

Postby Brazen331 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:53 am

Alpha wrote:Anyone else find it amusing that the Soviets...who have wrecked havoc in Ukraine, are now appealing for "calm" and "peace" in Syria?

**** you Russia...or whatever it is you're calling yourselves these days.

Assad is a butcher and a general douche and gets what he deserves. From us OR the Israelis'. So do the Iranians.

That said, this is a half-measure that really doesn't accomplish much. And before you Millennials get all weepy and piss yourselves...this is the **** many of us grew up with.

So STFU and get ahold of yourselves. Trump has the nerves of steel and cool, calm demeanor to navigate this situation...perfectly.

LMAO!

WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!11!!!!!

Sweet Lindsay Graham and Crusty John McCain would be so proud of you and your boy Trump, Alpha. I knew this was right around the corner when that rabid neo-Con John Bolton got into the West Wing.
Brazen331

Postby PrimeMinister » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:46 am

deltbucs wrote:I really think that everyone should read an article or watch a video about Tulsi Gabbard's "secret" trip to Syria. You can find articles from left and right sources. Interviews from Fox and CNN.

In short, she questions if Assad is behind the attacks and she says that all of the Syrian people say that there is no rebel group...only terrorist groups that we are arming. This is really worth a watch.

Good find
PrimeMinister

Postby PrimeMinister » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:49 am

Yep. This has always been the endgame. The Syrian people know this as well. The only people in the dark on why we’re there are American citizens.
PrimeMinister

Postby real bucs fan » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:32 am

deltbucs wrote:I really think that everyone should read an article or watch a video about Tulsi Gabbard's "secret" trip to Syria. You can find articles from left and right sources. Interviews from Fox and CNN.

So the Syrian people told her that the US needs to stop supporting these Al Qaeda led terrorist groups...

Is this true, or is this misinformation being fed to the Syrian people?

Just trying to wrap my head around this situation.
real bucs fan

Postby Buc2 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:48 pm

I'd still prefer a complete military withdrawal from the Middle East. **** those camel riding sobs.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby real bucs fan » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:53 pm

Buc2 wrote:I'd still prefer a complete military withdrawal from the Middle East. **** those camel riding sobs.

In an ideal world you could just let Assad and the terrorists fight until they're all dead, but unfortunately there are innocent people in the crossfire
real bucs fan

Postby Buc2 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:08 pm

real bucs fan wrote:
Buc2 wrote:I'd still prefer a complete military withdrawal from the Middle East. **** those camel riding sobs.

In an ideal world you could just let Assad and the terrorists fight until they're all dead, but unfortunately there are innocent people in the crossfire

Innocent people that those in that region are more than capable of helping without USA's help.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Next

Return to Politics and Religion