Holy Cross Knights is offensive?

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Holy Cross Knights is offensive?

Postby Buc2 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:42 am

beardmcdoug wrote:
The Outsider wrote:Stellaris, also by Paradox (CK2 Dev), is also a great game. Sort of a 4x/Grand Strategy hybrid in spaaaace.

+1

this is now a video game thread.

That's an improvement.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby bucfanclw » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:10 pm

Holy Cross Knights sounds like something Robin would say to Batman at while watching the show at Medieval Times.
bucfanclw

Postby The Outsider » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:16 pm

bucfanclw wrote:Holy Cross Knights sounds like something Robin would say to Batman at while watching the show at Medieval Times.

:lol: :lol:
The Outsider

Postby Ken Carson » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:11 am

How is the battle gameplay? That is what I love so much about M2:TW.

Seems like both basically cover the same period of history, too.
Ken Carson

Postby beardmcdoug » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:53 pm

Ken Carson wrote:How is the battle gameplay? That is what I love so much about M2:TW.

This might not be your favorite then - there is virtually zero - it is just moving units to regional tiles and a simulated battle ensues - outcome determined by size/type of army/any leader bonuses/tile modifiers(did you attack across a river, do you have the high ground, etc). This is more on the political/personel end of the spectrum - individual attributes/connections/marriages/family being the driving force to the story of each game. Every single person in the game is accounted for, and their interactions, along with your influence in the game weaves a big web that carries from generation to generation
beardmcdoug

Postby Ken Carson » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:06 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:How is the battle gameplay? That is what I love so much about M2:TW.

This might not be your favorite then - there is virtually zero - it is just moving units to regional tiles and a simulated battle ensues - outcome determined by size/type of army/any leader bonuses/tile modifiers(did you attack across a river, do you have the high ground, etc). This is more on the political/personel end of the spectrum - individual attributes/connections/marriages/family being the driving force to the story of each game. Every single person in the game is accounted for, and their interactions, along with your influence in the game weaves a big web that carries from generation to generation

I see. That is maybe the opposite of M2TW, which had minor implications from traits and marriages, but a robust battle/tactics component.

I think I’ll still check it out though. I definitely liked what I saw in the trailer.
Ken Carson

Postby Buc2 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:17 am

beardmcdoug wrote:

So, Risk but with more variables?
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby The Outsider » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:48 pm

Permanent copy of Crusader Kings 2 is free on Steam right now.
The Outsider

Postby beardmcdoug » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:11 pm

The Outsider wrote:Permanent copy of Crusader Kings 2 is free on Steam right now.

GET IT EVERYBODY!!!!

At the very least

go here:
http://store.steampowered.com/

create an account. you don't even have to download the steam client right now. just go make an account, then go back to the homepage (the link I just put there), scroll down, you'll see Crusader Kings II on the front page, click it

Then scroll down, and you'll see a green button to "install game" - click it, it will save it in your library, and basically "reserve" your version for free. That way, whenever you get home, or decide to install it whenever, you can download the steam client program (safe and used worldwide), and then install the game for free on whatever computer you want to use.

I did all this just now - I'm on my work computer and forgot my old steam account name, so I just made a new account, "reserved it" to that new account, and I'll download it when I get home to my home computer.

Thanks for the heads up Outsider
beardmcdoug

Previous

Return to Politics and Religion