FISA abuse memo released

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
FISA abuse memo released

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:53 pm

DreadNaught

Re: FISA abuse memo released

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:19 pm

Not a good look FBI.

The person who testified to the Intel. Cmte that there would've been no FISA warrant had it not been for that unverified dossier was none other than the former Deputy Dir. of the @FBI Andrew McCabe, who recently departed in a very hasty fashion.
DreadNaught

Postby bucfanclw » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:26 pm

LOL
bucfanclw

Postby Buc2 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:16 pm

Not sure what was considered so top secret about that memo, but whatever. It definitely shows a lot of shenanigans going on between the DNC, the Clinton campaign, the DOJ and the FBI. I also find it somewhat hard to believe that the FARC wasn't at least minimally aware of what was going on with those FISA requests. Regardless, I'm very disappointed in both those organizations (DOJ & FBI) playing politics. They are supposed to be held to a high standard as impartial enforcers of U.S. laws. Yes...very disappointing.

Another thing...given what we've seen happened here with the DNC, the Clinton campaign and the FBI & DOJ all going after Trump, I think there is little doubt that this kind of **** would have happened regardless of which candidate had come out on top in the GOP primary. Looks to me like the Left were bound and determined to keep the Obama political machine in power regardless of the costs. That much is clear just based on how they fucked over Bernie Sanders.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby beardmcdoug » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:20 pm

jesus ****, if it's not Sanders running next year, I will vote for Trump, just to spite the DNC
beardmcdoug

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:31 pm

meh.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:58 pm

so.....what now?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Nano » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:01 pm

Disband the DNC
Nano

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:05 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:meh.

I'm sure if Trump used Alex Jones videos to convince the FISA court to spy on his upcoming opponent your reaction would be different.

Try and remove your Trump-hate from the equation here since he's not the issue in this release. Pretend for a second you don't have a political bias, are you really indifferent to what occurred w/ the FBI/DOJ/FISA as it applies to Carter Page? Or worse yet, are you defending it as legitimate?

I'd really like understand the justification for spying on Carter Page.
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:13 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:meh.

I'm sure if Trump used Alex Jones videos to convince the FISA court to spy on his upcoming opponent your reaction would be different.

Try and remove your Trump-hate from the equation here since he's not the issue in this release. Pretend for a second you don't have a political bias, are you really indifferent to what occurred w/ the FBI/DOJ/FISA as it applies to Carter Page? Or worse yet, are you defending it as legitimate?

I'd really like understand the justification for spying on Carter Page.

You'll have to ask the FBI, Page has been under a FISA warrant since 2014
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/former-trump-adviser-carter-page-under-fisa-warrant-since-2014-report/article/2630576

But seriously. There is NOTHING in this memo that was not already known.

Steele's political leanings? Who gives a ****? If he found evidence of a crime, the DOJ has to determine the validity of that evidence. They were still doing that right up until the President fired the Director of the FBI.

This memo is a

Mountaineer Buc

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:16 pm

I can see it now. Some dude gets fired from a big company and whistleblows to the FBI in retaliation. The FBI can't consider any evidence he may have because he's biased against the company.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Buc2 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:24 pm

MB: What difference does it make?

No surprise here.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:27 pm

Buc2 wrote:MB: What difference does it make?

No surprise here.

Buc2, what difference DOES it make if Steele is a Clinton fanboi? If he made it all up, the FBI would discover that and there would be no charges.

Give me 10 minutes and I'll break down the whole memo for you.

(damn you people for dragging me back into this)
Mountaineer Buc

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:38 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:

No surprise here.

Buc2, what difference DOES it make if Steele is a Clinton fanboi? If he made it all up, the FBI would discover that and there would be no charges.

Don't waste the effort..
DreadNaught

Postby Caradoc » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:41 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:

No surprise here.

OK, the problem is it isn't about who Steele liked or disliked. It's about fraud.

Here's a good in-depth explanation:
http://ace.mu.nu/archives/373677.php

Shorter version:

To get the warrant they used a version of "circular reporting":
The FBI and DOJ concealed the fact that they had terminated their relationship with Steele from the court.
On that, the initial FISA application claimed that Steele's claims were corroborated by independent reporting by Michael Isikoff -- the idea being, this isn't just Steele who's reporting this, it's also the completely independent reporter Michael Isikoff.

But Michael Isikoff wasn't an independent source at all -- he was fed these claims by Steele himself.

So there was no second source for Steele's claims -- you had Steele making these claims, and then Steele's stenographer repeating Steele's claims under a byline of "Totally Not Christopher Steele."

However, the FBI/DOJ "assessed" that Isikoff's reporting was independent and represented it that way to the court.

They committed perjury to get the warrant. They asked for the warrant knowing the source was unreliable - they fired him themselves because he was unreliable - but hid the fact they fired him for lack of reliability from the court until after they got the warrant. And then afterwards, still relied on the dossier for extension to the warrant.

Nowlook who signed off on the warrant:
Steve King

@SteveKingIA
Key in the #MemoReleased are names (some deeply biased) who signed off on the FISA Warrant: Comey, McCabe, Yates, Boente, & Rosenstein. Memo now commands FISA Warrant requests be released to Congress. The statement that the FBI & the DOJ were “weaponized” holds up pretty well.

Add in the recent information that the FBI (in particular McCabe, knew about the Clinton e-mails on Weiner's laptop for several weeks before he was found out just before the election - the FBI was sitting on that info trying to wait until after the election to release so as not to damage Clinton), and you have people actively both protecting one candidate and fraudulently investigating another - presumably on the assumption that Clinton would win, and all this maneuvering would be buried and probably rewarded.

Somehow, I don't think you really care about what happened though, do you?
Caradoc

Postby bucfanclw » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:46 pm

bucfanclw

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:50 pm

Page 4, section one. Says that Steele created the dossier and was employed by the Clinton campaign (We all knew that)

section 1a. This was not disclosed to the FISA court (irrelevant if the dossier contained evidence of a federal crime)

section1b. States again that Steele was being paid by the Clinton Campaign (We all know that)

Section 2. Says that Carter Page went to Russia and it was reported in the news. Steele mentioned it in the press. (The memo is correct that none of this corroborates the dossier, but it conveniently leaves out that it doesn't disprove it either)

Section 2a. Steele was "suspended then terminated as an FBI source" for talking to the media. (Does not corroborate or disprove the findings in the dossier)

Section 2b. Steele talking to the media means he became an unrilaiable source for the FBI (That is for the FBI, The FISA court, and the DOJ to determine and wouldn't you know it, he lost his informant "job")

Section 3. Steele did not want Donald Trump to become President because he told a guy so. ( Perhaps the findings in the dossier led him to this conclusion. Again, Steele's political leanings only tell you perhaps why he agreed to the job of creating the dossier, not what is in it.)

Section 3a. The guy who Steele told he didn't want Trump to win? his wife worked for Fusion GPS that hired Steele. (about the fishiest thing in the whole memo.)

Section 4. The FBI was in the process of corroborating the dossier when Comey briefed Trump about it and Flaming Libtard Comey said himself it was "salacious and unverified" (probably because it was indeed salacious and in the process of being verified or disproven) McCabe testified (what we already knew) that the Steele Dossier was why the FISA warrant was granted in the first place. (And again, Steele's political leanings don't mean **** if the dossier has evidence of a crime)

Section 5. There is no evidence of any connection between Page and Popodopolous. The FBI guy who determined this texed his mistress and said he didn't like Trump and then there's vague talk of a conspiracy. (I think they're dragging some other folks into the mud here)

End of the Day. Nothing in this memo is new. Nothing in this memo disproves anything we've heard about what's in the dossier. The FBI was trying to sort this mess out and the President Fired the director because of "the Russia thing" and here we are.

Nothingburger.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Buc2 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:56 pm

Fine. Don't be pissed when gop'ers say the same thing about anything Mueller might dig up.

Nothingburger.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:00 pm

Buc2 wrote:Fine. Don't be pissed when gop'ers say the same thing about anything Mueller might dig up.

Nothingburger.

I've been saying wait for Meuller for ages now. IDGAF who it burns down.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Buc2 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:01 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Fine. Don't be pissed when gop'ers say the same thing about anything Mueller might dig up.

Nothingburger.

I've been saying wait for Meuller for ages now. IDGAF who it burns down.

Yep. I get it, man. Party first.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:04 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:I've been saying wait for Meuller for ages now. IDGAF who it burns down.

Yep. I get it, man. Party first.

How about we just declassify the the dossier? If there's no evidence of anything in it, we can scrap the whole thing!
Mountaineer Buc

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:11 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:section 1a. This was not disclosed to the FISA court (irrelevant if the dossier contained evidence of a federal crime)

IF? Well IF your Aunt had a **** she'd be your Uncle.

Comey testified under oath the dossier was "salacious and unverified". So what "evidence" are you referencing here? Is it imaginary evidence you're just hoping exists?

McCabe testified to the HIC that without he dossier there would be no FISA warrant.

Also, you're omitting that Steele was hired with the direct purpose and directive of digging up dirt and paid "Kremlin sources" for the answers he desired. Steele was a civilian and not conducting an investigation on behalf of any LE agency, so stop describing it as such. But Steele isn't a big deal here imo since he was just doing what he was paid and instructed to do.

The Clinton camp/DNC (same thing at the time) paid FusionGPS to produce a document that said bad things about their political opponent. Instead of the 'research' being used just in the media to atack her opponent (which is the norm and perfectly legal), Clinton had her cronies in the FBI use paid for opposition research that the FBI Director later called salacious and unverified as 'evidence' to spy on her political opponent. An act that was aided by AG Lynch since the DoJ has to approve such things.

If you don't have concerns about he misuse of the FISA court and the roles McCabe , Uhr, Yates, and Comey played than I'm afraid you're just being willfully ignorant.

I can't believe you're justifying this as a totally legit course of action from the FBI. I don't know how bad it is, but it certainly isn't good.
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:27 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:section 1a. This was not disclosed to the FISA court (irrelevant if the dossier contained evidence of a federal crime)

Comey testified under oath the dossier was "salacious and unverified". So what "evidence" are you referencing here? Is it imaginary evidence you're just hoping exists?

McCabe testified to the HIC that without he dossier there would be no FISA warrant.

Also, you're omitting that Steele was hired with the direct purpose and directive of digging up dirt and paid "Kremlin sources" for the answers he desired. Steele was a civilian and not conducting an investigation on behalf of any LE agency, so stop describing it as such. But Steele isn't a big deal here imo since he was just doing what he was paid and instructed to do.

The Clinton camp/DNC (same thing at the time) paid FusionGPS to produce a document that said bad things about their political opponent. Instead of the 'research' being used just in the media to atack her opponent (which is the norm and perfectly legal), Clinton had her cronies in the FBI use paid for opposition research that the FBI Director later called salacious and unverified as 'evidence' to spy on her political opponent. An act that was aided by AG Lynch since the DoJ has to approve such things.

If you don't have concerns about he misuse of the FISA court and the roles McCabe , Uhr, Yates, and Comey played than I'm afraid you're just being willfully ignorant.

I can't believe you're justifying this as a totally legit course of action from the FBI. I don't know how bad it is, but it certainly isn't good.

If there was no evidence, there would be no warrant.

You guys assume there is no evidence, or that if there is evidence it's bogus. Wouldn't it be great if the Director of the FBI could investigate the evidence to determine it's validity? wouldn't it be great if law enforcement conducted investigations and gathered evidence before charging people with a crime?

Wouldn't it be a shame if the person under the investigation used his authority to fire the person doing the investigation and force Congress to appoint someone to contiue the work? Wouldn't it be a shame if that person was also fired by the same guy?

Willfully ignorant indeed.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:45 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

If there was no evidence, there would be no warrant.

You guys assume there is no evidence, or that if there is evidence it's bogus. Wouldn't it be great if the Director of the FBI could investigate the evidence to determine it's validity? wouldn't it be great if law enforcement conducted investigations and gathered evidence before charging people with a crime?

Wouldn't it be a shame if the person under the investigation used his authority to fire the person doing the investigation and force Congress to appoint someone to contiue the work? Wouldn't it be a shame if that person was also fired by the same guy?

Willfully ignorant indeed.

Were talking FISA here, so the evidence MUST be clear and there should NOT be a matter of 'IF'.

My issue/concern here is with the FBI/DoJ and how paid for campaign research was allowed to be misrepresented/not fully represented to the FISA court to allow our intelligence community to spy on a political opponent. AGAIN, McCabe testified that without the dossier there would have been NO FISA warrant.

I don't understand how that can be rationalized as 'nothing'.
DreadNaught

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:46 pm

This reminds me the Dem reaction today. If it's really no big deal I don't understand the effort to prevent it, then undermine it.

DreadNaught

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:09 pm

Thread was fun

Would read again
Zarniwoop

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:17 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:Thread was fun

Would read again
uscbucsfan

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:29 pm

DreadNaught wrote:Were talking FISA here, so the evidence MUST be clear and there should NOT be a matter of 'IF'.

My issue/concern here is with the FBI/DoJ and how paid for campaign research was allowed to be misrepresented/not fully represented to the FISA court to allow our intelligence community to spy on a political opponent. AGAIN, McCabe testified that without the dossier there would have been NO FISA warrant.

I don't understand how that can be rationalized as 'nothing'.

You just said it.

So what remains is What evidence was in the dossier that was so clear that it justified the warrant? You and I don't know.

Where that evidence comes from does not matter. It's still evidence. And the FBI was investigating it. Trump did not want an investigation, so he fired the investigator.

We need to know WHAT the evidence IS, before we can say whether or not it's legit or bogus. The GOP is trying to turn public opinion on this issue when the public does not know what the evidence is!

So I say....yet again....WAIT FOR MEULLER!

God dammit I'm so sick of this mess.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Ken Carson » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:41 pm

So this GOP authored memo casts the Dems in a bad light. Color me shocked.

Thing is, I totally believe that the Dems did this. Or at least could. Hard to not believe that they abused political power to try to alter an election or wrestle power away from Trump since we already know they used nefarious means to screw Bernie Sanders out of the primary.

What drives me absolutely nuts is that folks are trying to make it one thing or the other. Trump probably did some shady things, and if not criminal, bordering on it. The Dems probably did some shady things, if not criminal, bordering on it. There are no winners here, just people pandering to their bases who are essentially existing on separate planets.

I read the memo, and it looks like the Steele dossier was a hit job that was a thin pretext for getting a FISA warrant. But like I said at the beginning, the memo has an obvious bias, and you have to be a mouth breathing cretin to take every claim in there as gospel. More than likely, the truth is somewhere in the middle in which literally everyone named in the memo, dossier and those responsible for producing both are total shitbags serving their own agendas at the expense of the American people.

I think it's pretty clear that the FBI, JD, and president, as well as the roaches surrounding him are all guilty of at least something. And not a single one will go to jail. Sad!
Ken Carson

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:50 pm

Ken Carson wrote:So this GOP authored memo casts the Dems in a bad light. Color me shocked.

Thing is, I totally believe that the Dems did this. Or at least could. Hard to not believe that they abused political power to try to alter an election or wrestle power away from Trump since we already know they used nefarious means to screw Bernie Sanders out of the primary.

What drives me absolutely nuts is that folks are trying to make it one thing or the other. Trump probably did some shady things, and if not criminal, bordering on it. The Dems probably did some shady things, if not criminal, bordering on it. There are no winners here, just people pandering to their bases who are essentially existing on separate planets.

I read the memo, and it looks like the Steele dossier was a hit job that was a thin pretext for getting a FISA warrant. But like I said at the beginning, the memo has an obvious bias, and you have to be a mouth breathing cretin to take every claim in there as gospel. More than likely, the truth is somewhere in the middle in which literally everyone named in the memo, dossier and those responsible for producing both are total shitbags serving their own agendas at the expense of the American people.

I think it's pretty clear that the FBI, JD, and president, as well as the roaches surrounding him are all guilty of at least something. And not a single one will go to jail. Sad!

Great post. Agree with everything here.
uscbucsfan

Next

Return to Politics and Religion