FISA abuse memo released

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: FISA abuse memo released

Postby bucfanclw » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:02 pm

The White House statement is they won't declassify the Schiff memo.

bucfanclw

Postby Brazen331 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:34 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Poor Brazen. Nobody believes him.

It’s gonna be a bad day for you when that IG report comes out. Can’t wait to see you try to spin that.
Brazen331

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:05 am

Brazen331 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Poor Brazen. Nobody believes him.

It’s gonna be a bad day for you when that IG report comes out. Can’t wait to see you try to spin that.

Wait for it...
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Brazen331 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:01 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:

Wait for it...

Let’s. McCabe wasn’t forced to resign because of something Devin Nunes or Fox News said.
Brazen331

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:22 pm

Brazen331 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Wait for it...

Let’s. McCabe wasn’t forced to resign because of something Devin Nunes or Fox News said.

I think there's more former Trump officials than Trump officials now.

#winning
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Brazen331 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:52 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:

I think there's more former Trump officials than Trump officials now.

#winning

Not sure anyone is surprised by that; Trump's catch phrase is your fired, not sure what this has to do with FISA abuse.
Brazen331

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:57 pm

Wow, dude.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Brazen331 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:35 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Wow, dude.

So Porter, Priebus, Mooch, Spicer and all the rest are no longer in their jobs because of Obama-era FISA abuse? Good to know, dude.
Brazen331

Postby Pirate Life » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:41 am

Brazen331 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Wait for it...

It's questionable that McCabe was forced out. He'd already said months ago he would be retiring when he had full pension benefits, which would happen in March. If he went on terminal leave to use up vacation/sick time he had accrued, he easily could step down a month or more early. I've had clients that end up stepping down two or three months before actual retirement on terminal leave. It's a popular thing to do in DC.

I wouldn't pin hopes on the IG report just yet.
Pirate Life

Postby Brazen331 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:51 pm

Pirate Life wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:

It's questionable that McCabe was forced out. He'd already said months ago he would be retiring when he had full pension benefits, which would happen in March. If he went on terminal leave to use up vacation/sick time he had accrued, he easily could step down a month or more early. I've had clients that end up stepping down two or three months before actual retirement on terminal leave. It's a popular thing to do in DC.

Reading the Democrat memo now. I guess we can now take as fact that McCabe testified that there would be no warrant without the dossier. They don’t even try to combat it.
Brazen331

Postby The Outsider » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:44 am

Brazen331 wrote:
Pirate Life wrote:

Reading the Democrat memo now. I guess we can now take as fact that McCabe testified that there would be no warrant without the dossier. They don’t even try to combat it.

Except that they do? They pretty clearly state that the dossier was only included as something that corroborated a few other pieces of evidence. It was not even a major piece of evidence in the warrant application. They also pretty clearly state that the FBI informed the judge of the the dossier's questionable status and informed the justice department and judiciary in charge of the FISA courts when they fired Steele.

There is also the part about Nunes deliberately misinterpreting intelligence.

It's almost like you didn't even read the memo.
The Outsider

Postby deltbucs » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:05 am

The Outsider wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:

Except that they do? They pretty clearly state that the dossier was only included as something that corroborated a few other pieces of evidence. It was not even a major piece of evidence in the warrant application. They also pretty clearly state that the FBI informed the judge of the the dossier's questionable status and informed the justice department and judiciary in charge of the FISA courts when they fired Steele.

LOL!!! Brazen gunna Brazen...
deltbucs

Postby bucfanclw » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:17 am

The Outsider wrote:It's almost like you didn't even read the memo.

Almost?
bucfanclw

Postby Brazen331 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:14 pm

The Outsider wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:

It’s almost like you and you Liberal buddies just read into it what you wanted to, which was Schiff’s purpose, like Nunes on the other side. Did they refute McCabe’s testimony that there would be no warrant without the dossier? No. Look at the forest not the trees. Your claim ‘it was not a major piece in the warrant application’ is bullshit.

You have Adam Schiff saying the dossier was a ‘small part’ and you guys fall in line cuz that’s what you want to hear. What’s the difference between Schiff and Nunes? Again, McCabe testified there would be no warrant without the dossier. Refute that, why don’t you?
Brazen331

Postby The Outsider » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:51 pm

Brazen331 wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

It’s almost like you and you Liberal buddies just read into it what you wanted to, which was Schiff’s purpose, like Nunes on the other side. Did they refute McCabe’s testimony that there would be no warrant without the dossier? No. Look at the forest not the trees. Your claim ‘it was not a major piece in the warrant application’ is bullshit.

You have Adam Schiff saying the dossier was a ‘small part’ and you guys fall in line cuz that’s what you want to hear. What’s the difference between Schiff and Nunes? Again, McCabe testified there would be no warrant without the dossier. Refute that, why don’t you?

The difference is that Schiff is a pretty damn experienced legislator and former US Attorney while Nunes is a cow farmer who has already proven he has no idea how to run an investigation. Nunes also doesn't know what recusal means.

Also, Nunes admitted to not even reading the FISA applications.

I mean, come on dude.
Last edited by The Outsider on Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Outsider

Postby The Outsider » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:53 pm

Brazen331 wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

IAgain, McCabe testified there would be no warrant without the dossier. Refute that, why don’t you?

McCabe either lied or wasn't actually aware of the details of the FISA warrant application.
The Outsider

Postby Brazen331 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:11 pm

The Outsider wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:
IAgain, McCabe testified there would be no warrant without the dossier. Refute that, why don’t you?

McCabe either lied or wasn't actually aware of the details of the FISA warrant application.

Wow. You must be paranoid that the Russia investigation might end. You know, we can still have our investigation and not keep up the charade that it was not begun through political manipulation. At least MB concedes this. I have never seen Democrats so pro FBI/intelligence agencies in my life. And Trump has nothing to do with it I’m sure, it’s just a newly-developed reverence for law enforcement that just emerged organically.
Brazen331

Postby The Outsider » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:17 pm

Brazen331 wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

Wow. You must be paranoid that the Russia investigation might end. You know, we can still have our investigation and not keep up the charade that it was not begun through political manipulation. At least MB concedes this. I have never seen Democrats so pro FBI/intelligence agencies in my life. And Trump has nothing to do with it I’m sure, it’s just a newly-developed reverence for law enforcement that just emerged organically.

At this point I don't care whether it was started via political manipulation or not. I am saying that I'll take the word of a former US Attorney, Harvard JD, and last but not least someone who actually read the FISA applications over that of someone who has shown themselves to not be inept, but admittedly never read the underlying information before passing judgement on it.

McCabe's testimony is really irrelevant to the Schiff vs Nunes argument. As for my response to the specific question about disproving McCabe's testimony... When I get stupid questions, sometimes I treat them as hypotheticals in order to preserve my sanity. Conversing with you has me exercising that particular reaction often.
The Outsider

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:52 pm

Wait. What am I conceding?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Brazen331 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:50 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Wait. What am I conceding?

You don’t seem to be as dismissive of the dossier and the politics behind this as say Clewy and Outsider who are easily manipulated by Schiff spin it seems. I remember you asking something to the tune of ‘we don’t know what’s in the dossier?’ on several occasions. I could be wrong, but I don’t think you’re completely down with the Schiff version of reality.
Brazen331

Postby The Outsider » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:29 pm

Brazen331 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Wait. What am I conceding?

You don’t seem to be as dismissive of the dossier and the politics behind this as say Clewy and Outsider who are easily manipulated by Schiff spin it seems. I remember you asking something to the tune of ‘we don’t know what’s in the dossier?’ on several occasions. I could be wrong, but I don’t think you’re completely down with the Schiff version of reality.

So much irony here it hurts.
The Outsider

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:14 am

Yeah, I haven't read the Democrat memo. I've been busy.

You'll have to take this up with someone else.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:47 am

Lets hear the argument of getting rid of Trump will make America great again!
mdb1958

Postby The Outsider » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:54 am

mdb1958 wrote:Lets hear the argument of getting rid of Trump will make America great again!

Covfefe.
The Outsider

Postby Rocker » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:55 am

The Outsider wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:Lets hear the argument of getting rid of Trump will make America great again!

Covfefe.

No thanks; I draw the line at four cups.
Rocker

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:15 am

The tangled web is getting exposed.

The only thing better would be a 71 year old hit man turning on the Clintons...
mdb1958

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:19 am

For those that cant realize truth, putting progressives in positions of power is a dangerous thing for this country.
mdb1958

Postby Pirate Life » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:32 pm

mdb1958 wrote:For those that cant realize truth, putting progressives in positions of power is a dangerous thing for this country.

If you're talking about McCabe, by all accounts of those who know/work with him he's a republican (voted in the VA republican primaries), and the reason he was recommended for being fired for lack of candor is because he spoke with a WSJ reporter explaining why the Clinton email probe was justified in the face of the DoJ saying the FBI shouldn't be investigating the email server.

So not sure how that's progressive or if it's quite the tangled web being exposed you think it is. ;)

*edited to change registered republican to voted in Republican primaries
Pirate Life

Postby Brazen331 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:21 am

Pirate Life wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:For those that cant realize truth, putting progressives in positions of power is a dangerous thing for this country.

If you're talking about McCabe, by all accounts of those who know/work with him he's a republican (voted in the VA republican primaries), and the reason he was recommended for being fired for lack of candor is because he spoke with a WSJ reporter explaining why the Clinton email probe was justified in the face of the DoJ saying the FBI shouldn't be investigating the email server.

So not sure how that's progressive or if it's quite the tangled web being exposed you think it is. ;)

There’s only Democrats lauding him and finagling ways to save his pension, only Democrats giving outrageous sums of money to his wife's Democrat campaign. But let’s say for argument’s sake he actually is a Republican. So what? What does that matter when it comes to Trump? There are plenty of Republicans who hate Trump. This is more of an establishment thing.

But it does look like McCabe made a statement recently that if true, would mean that Comey didn’t tell the truth to Chuck Grassley under oath. Perhaps that was what mdb was alluding to?
Brazen331

Postby Pirate Life » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:37 am

Brazen331 wrote:
Pirate Life wrote:

There’s only Democrats lauding him and finagling ways to save his pension, only Democrats giving outrageous sums of money to his wife's Democrat campaign. But let’s say for argument’s sake he actually is a Republican. So what? What does that matter when it comes to Trump? There are plenty of Republicans who hate Trump. This is more of an establishment thing.

But it does look like McCabe made a statement recently that if true, would mean that Comey didn’t tell the truth to Chuck Grassley under oath. Perhaps that was what mdb was alluding to?

He's had republican support in the past - like when he pushed back against the DoJ and democrats who were wanting the Clinton email server debacle to go away. And about the donations.. c'mon man, that's an asinine statement to make about the campaign contributions for his wife - of course a democrat is going to get donations mostly from democrats. Her opponent **** Black received about the same as she did from Republican committees in the campaign to keep his seat and defeat her (no, it wasn't in response to her campaign and the donation from McCauliffe's organization, it's more like what McCabe received was in response to what Black receives on average in his campaigns from the VA republican committees for elections).

McCabes like or dislike of Trump should have nothing to do with his firing (for the record, he should be fired if the lack of candor allegations are true), however we should be truthful about why he was fired and not see it as vindication or confirmation of Trump and some of his camp's theories on the FBI and what they are doing.
Pirate Life

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion