SCOTUS thread

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Would you confirm Kavanaugh?

Yes
57%
No
43%

Total votes : 28

Re: SCOTUS thread

Postby bucfanclw » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:45 am

Zarniwoop wrote:if the last few posts in this thread are read on a computer in the forest will they appear as dumb as they do now?

would it matter if a tree fell down next to the computer?

or on it?

My problem with the attitude displayed by GOP'ers and said on television by our President, is that there seems to be a disconnect happening that says inability to prove guilt means innocence is proven and the accuser is fair game for whatever attacks we feel like levying.

I don't know that she was lying. I don't know that he was lying. I count the case as unresolved. I guess that stance is seen as crazy now.
bucfanclw

Postby bucfanclw » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:49 am

Ken Carson wrote:Cannot believe this was not a Babeinbucland post.

It’s fine if you believe Ford, despite the lack of evidence. I have always maintained it is completely possible that it happened just as she stated.

I'm not taking her side. I'm saying the public reaction to his confirmation by Trump is to say this PROVES his innocence and that she made the whole thing up. I don't agree with that sentiment because IF it did happen, that's just adding a lot of insult to injury.

Read into it however you want though.
bucfanclw

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:53 am

I really do not see the point of continuing all this. He's now been sworn in twice and will be on the SCOTUS until he either dies or retires, so continuing this argument and trading speculation is pointless.

Mountaineer Buc

Postby Ken Carson » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:12 am

bucfanclw wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:Cannot believe this was not a Babeinbucland post.

It’s fine if you believe Ford, despite the lack of evidence. I have always maintained it is completely possible that it happened just as she stated.

I'm not taking her side. I'm saying the public reaction to his confirmation by Trump is to say this PROVES his innocence and that she made the whole thing up. I don't agree with that sentiment because IF it did happen, that's just adding a lot of insult to injury.

Read into it however you want though.

My issue is that you attributed that to every Republican because the president said that. And there are Democrats and Independents who believe Kavanaugh (CNN polls had 13% of Democrats who believed Kavanaugh), so what do you do with those?

It’s not helpful.
Ken Carson

Postby Ken Carson » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:15 am

bucfanclw wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:if the last few posts in this thread are read on a computer in the forest will they appear as dumb as they do now?

would it matter if a tree fell down next to the computer?

or on it?

My problem with the attitude displayed by GOP'ers and said on television by our President, is that there seems to be a disconnect happening that says inability to prove guilt means innocence is proven and the accuser is fair game for whatever attacks we feel like levying.

I don't know that she was lying. I don't know that he was lying. I count the case as unresolved. I guess that stance is seen as crazy now.

Again, you are painting with a broad bleeping brush. Lots of people on the right have called out Trump and said he shouldn’t be commenting like that. So how is that you make his comments reflective of the entire group?

Many people covered by your earlier statement who agree with you.
Ken Carson

Postby NavyBuc » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:29 am

Word coming down that Nikki Haley resigned. Will be interesting to see if this is somehow connected to the way Trump discussed the situation or if it's a completely separate issue.
NavyBuc

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:08 am

NavyBuc wrote:Word coming down that Nikki Haley resigned. Will be interesting to see if this is somehow connected to the way Trump discussed the situation or if it's a completely separate issue.

Probably nothing. There's so much tom foolery in this administration that at least some of these resignations have to just be people moving on.

We're so used to people resigning in disgrace these days that when somebody does, we all go "Oooo What did they do?"
Mountaineer Buc

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:29 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
NavyBuc wrote:Word coming down that Nikki Haley resigned. Will be interesting to see if this is somehow connected to the way Trump discussed the situation or if it's a completely separate issue.

Probably nothing. There's so much tom foolery in this administration that at least some of these resignations have to just be people moving on.

We're so used to people resigning in disgrace these days that when somebody does, we all go "Oooo What did they do?"

I think Lindsay Graham is eyeing the AG spot, which would explain his recent shift to more of Trump-backer in the past few weeks (even before the BK stuff).

Haley would be a natural replacement for his Senate seat since Haley was the former Governor of South Carolina.
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:53 am

DreadNaught wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Probably nothing. There's so much tom foolery in this administration that at least some of these resignations have to just be people moving on.

I think Lindsay Graham is eyeing the AG spot, which would explain his recent shift to more of Trump-backer in the past few weeks (even before the BK stuff).

Haley would be a natural replacement for his Senate seat since Haley was the former Governor of South Carolina.

Whatever gets Graham out of the Senate sooner is fine with me.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby deltbucs » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:54 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
deltbucs wrote:I think it's more likely that they were having 3-ways, but I'm talking about more than just that single comment.

lol fair warning, this is a pretty vulgar post:

bro. here's the thing. I can tell you, back in my Halo-playing, mountain dew drinking, high school days, we used to joke on and on and on about "Eiffel towering" a girl, or "tea bagging" people, or giving a girl an "arabian gas mask", or doing a "dale earnhardt", or a "harry houdini" - all 20 or so of us that regularly hung out - probably said/used those terms in the thousands. How many times do you think any of us actually did ANY of that? You know the answer: ZERO. Zero freaking times did any of us actually do any of the ridiculous crude sexual acts that we, as 14-19 year old boys, regularly joked about every day. Zero. But we joked about it EVERY. DAMN. DAY. It was the type of **** that was so prevalent in our retarded (pardon me, BIBL, but its a very apt description of our mindset) late-teen lexicon. And every. Last. Bit of it. Was bullshit. Its all inside jokes. Its all fake, posturing, BULLSHIT. And EVERYONE talked like that in high school. Everyone. We knew because you'd get on Halo online and talk ****, and every other dude our age is saying the same dumb bullshit. We'd go visit our buddy that lived in a different state, once we got to college, and these dumbasses used the exact same type of bullshit language, and just like us, it was allllll bullshit! You think any of us (who were decent at pulling tail in our own right) had ANY ability to pull off a threesome!? I mean what an astronomical ridiculous notion that any of us were suave enough to pull that **** off, that any girl would do that with us - but we sure as **** talked like we did. And we talked like we all fucked eachother's mothers too. Did any of us actually **** somebody else's mom!? LOL

This isn't some freakin revelation. To all the 20 year old+ guys out there white-knighting about this ****: you've either completely blacked out 5-10 years of your memory, or you're being completely disingenuous, or you were part of some incredible minority of guys that I still have yet to meet in person (who seem to only exist on the internet), who never talked like that in their late teens - or you were an INCREDIBLY sheltered christian kid (maybe 5% of the guys out there?). The rest is fake ass pearl clutching (thanks, whoever said that term a couple pages back, its perfect)

I mean, give me a fuckin break about all this...

You seem to have totally missed my point. I agree with this for the most part. If **** was inside jokes about sexual acts don't lie about it. He's supposed to be the highest authority in the land when it comes to proving the truth and/in the law. He's telling lies IN THE PROCESS of trying to prove that he's fit for the job. That is disqualifying for me.
deltbucs

Postby deltbucs » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:56 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:
well we all know you're a saint, Buc2

a cocaine dealing, DAS-bombing saint

I agree with your premise beard. I too said many of those things and worse. I've successfully completed some as well, but my point about him lying was not that he had done them or that he was a predator for saying stuff, but the he was withholding the truth about blacking out, what those terms were, the amount he parties, etc. When I mentioned it after the case I was referring to the fact that he did technically lie, but none of it can be really proven.

I understand why he didn't say, "My friends and I would use those terms because they were funny"... to garner, "You think sexually assault is funny". etc. Obviously he's blacked out multiple times, to argue otherwise is incredibly naive (stop dread), but that doesn't mean he committed assault just because he did. Some have an issue with him not being completely truthful in general.

^^This is my point
deltbucs

Postby Buc2 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:07 pm

deltbucs wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:
lol fair warning, this is a pretty vulgar post:

bro. here's the thing. I can tell you, back in my Halo-playing, mountain dew drinking, high school days, we used to joke on and on and on about "Eiffel towering" a girl, or "tea bagging" people, or giving a girl an "arabian gas mask", or doing a "dale earnhardt", or a "harry houdini" - all 20 or so of us that regularly hung out - probably said/used those terms in the thousands. How many times do you think any of us actually did ANY of that? You know the answer: ZERO. Zero freaking times did any of us actually do any of the ridiculous crude sexual acts that we, as 14-19 year old boys, regularly joked about every day. Zero. But we joked about it EVERY. DAMN. DAY. It was the type of **** that was so prevalent in our retarded (pardon me, BIBL, but its a very apt description of our mindset) late-teen lexicon. And every. Last. Bit of it. Was bullshit. Its all inside jokes. Its all fake, posturing, BULLSHIT. And EVERYONE talked like that in high school. Everyone. We knew because you'd get on Halo online and talk ****, and every other dude our age is saying the same dumb bullshit. We'd go visit our buddy that lived in a different state, once we got to college, and these dumbasses used the exact same type of bullshit language, and just like us, it was allllll bullshit! You think any of us (who were decent at pulling tail in our own right) had ANY ability to pull off a threesome!? I mean what an astronomical ridiculous notion that any of us were suave enough to pull that **** off, that any girl would do that with us - but we sure as **** talked like we did. And we talked like we all fucked eachother's mothers too. Did any of us actually **** somebody else's mom!? LOL

This isn't some freakin revelation. To all the 20 year old+ guys out there white-knighting about this ****: you've either completely blacked out 5-10 years of your memory, or you're being completely disingenuous, or you were part of some incredible minority of guys that I still have yet to meet in person (who seem to only exist on the internet), who never talked like that in their late teens - or you were an INCREDIBLY sheltered christian kid (maybe 5% of the guys out there?). The rest is fake ass pearl clutching (thanks, whoever said that term a couple pages back, its perfect)

I mean, give me a fuckin break about all this...

You seem to have totally missed my point. I agree with this for the most part. If **** was inside jokes about sexual acts don't lie about it. He's supposed to be the highest authority in the land when it comes to proving the truth and/in the law. He's telling lies IN THE PROCESS of trying to prove that he's fit for the job. That is disqualifying for me.

Just the fact that Trump nominated him is probably disqualifying for you. Just say it and be done.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby deltbucs » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:12 pm

Buc2 wrote:
deltbucs wrote:You seem to have totally missed my point. I agree with this for the most part. If **** was inside jokes about sexual acts don't lie about it. He's supposed to be the highest authority in the land when it comes to proving the truth and/in the law. He's telling lies IN THE PROCESS of trying to prove that he's fit for the job. That is disqualifying for me.

Just the fact that Trump nominated him is probably disqualifying for you. Just say it and be done.

^^^This guy :roll:

deltbucs wrote:I've stayed out of this discussion for the most part. I think it's bullshit to me that judges can be partisan to begin with. That said, I think the (R)'s should get to nominate their guy before the midterms. That said, **** this guy. What this hearing shows is that the truth isn't the most important thing to him. If he didn't sexual assault the woman, good. Let the facts prove it. Instead this guy is lying his ass off up there. I couldn't give a **** if he got blackout drunk and had a 3-some 50 years ago in high school, but don't ****ing lie about it...or ask if someone else has ever gotten blackout drunk. Again...I want the (R)'s to have a chance to confirm someone, but pick someone else. If you want to be on the Supreme Court, the truth should be of more importance to you.
deltbucs

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:25 pm

SCOTUS is hearing arguments as to which cases to hear

Gorsuch and Sota making a great team against executive power

https://reason.com/blog/2018/10/09/gors ... ngress-for

I want to have Gorsuch’s babies

(No homo?)
Last edited by Zarniwoop on Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zarniwoop

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:49 pm

I love Gorsuch.
uscbucsfan

Postby mdb1958 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:00 am

I hear some Dems are jumping ship.
mdb1958

Postby Ken Carson » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:15 am

mdb1958 wrote:I hear some Dems are jumping ship.

Can you scout some more small school DTs?
Ken Carson

Postby mdb1958 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:37 am

Ken Carson wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:I hear some Dems are jumping ship.

Can you scout some more small school DTs?

Dont fret, I'm sure Libs will be able to homeschool and the private schooling will go whack.
mdb1958

Postby Alpha » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:09 am

Buc2 wrote:Just the fact that Trump nominated him is probably disqualifying for you. Just say it and be done.

Screw that!

I'm shocked you were able to free your hand from jerking Drumph off, to type this "response".

Or maybe you're ambidextrous...or just blowing him. Whateves...
Alpha

Postby Buc2 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:58 am

Alpha wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Just the fact that Trump nominated him is probably disqualifying for you. Just say it and be done.

Screw that!

I'm shocked you were able to free your hand from jerking Drumph off, to type this "response".

Or maybe you're ambidextrous...or just blowing him. Whateves...

Get back in yer bottle.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Previous

Return to Politics and Religion