SCOTUS thread

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
post

Would you confirm Kavanaugh?

Yes
18
60%
No
12
40%
 
Total votes : 30

Re: SCOTUS thread

Postby Ken Carson » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:44 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:
Hard to follow all of your rules about core beliefs. So it’s ok or YOU to assume my core beliefs without asking and call me “dangerous to women,” but I’m not allowed to assume your beliefs? This is confusing.

Second, yeah, I assume you’re cool with abortion as birth control. Yo just told me that me being pro life is dangerous to women. What othe conclusion could I draw? Feel free to expound on your position, of course.

I really don’t think I have proven your point. What is dangerous about my belief that abortion is murder? I laid out my scientific backing, described why I think the practice is incredibly inhumane and laid out why it is far more dangerous to women than my core beliefs. You’re going to have to do a better job to earn that dough.


I didn’t assume anything, I told you what I thought you had said YOURSELF and you confirmed it. That is the OPPOSITE of assumption. You are really bad at this or perhaps you have a reading comprehension issue. If so let me know and I will be more gentle with you.

And lets be honest you are not the type of guy who owns up to his mistakes or miss- steps so you will never make good on your disingenuous bet.

But if you don’t think your belief that a fetus “life” is more important than the live woman who is carrying that fetus, then you are just either delusional or in denial. The fact is that Your belief that a female who is a victim of rape or incest should carry that pregnancy to term is a colossal danger to women. But it sure explains why you are a cheerleader for Brett Kavanaugh and why you could not possibly care less if he is a serial sexual assaulter no many how many women (and men) say this is who he is. Yep, that expains it all.


Image

I didn’t say the fetus was more important. I said it was also a human life. That implies equality, not superiority. And, I will clarify again. I’m ok with a law which allows abortions in the case of rape or incest, even though I would still see that as immoral. If I can stop 99% of the mirders of unborn women, I will be OK with that.

You implied that you are against abortion as a form of birth control. Can you expand on that? In calling me a danger to women, you neglected to elaborate. And I’ve answered everything you have thrown at me, so I think it only fair for you to respond in kind.
Last edited by Ken Carson on Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 3913
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 194 times

Re: SCOTUS thread

Postby Ken Carson » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:47 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:He doesn’t inform any of my core beliefs, but thanks for bringing him up.

Maybe you’ll see later why your post was such a clunker in response to mine. Though I am surprised at Clewy. Usually he is on the front lines rooting out whataboutism...

In this case, it's hypocricy, not whataboutism. Understand the difference. I don't like elected officials making laws for moral reasons that they themselves feel they are above.

I am neither an elected official nor do I feel like I am above abortion laws. So why bring those men into the conversation? Are they supposed to rebut my core beliefs?

Only asking because you and MB decided to jump into a conversation about how I’m dangerous to women. You can see how in that context, your comments seem a bit misplaced.
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 3913
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 194 times

Re: SCOTUS thread

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:51 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Never heard of Tim Murphy?

He doesn’t inform any of my core beliefs, but thanks for bringing him up.

Maybe you’ll see later why your post was such a clunker in response to mine. Though I am surprised at Clewy. Usually he is on the front lines rooting out whataboutism...

You're shouting at the peanut gallery. Your discussion is with Babe.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 14837
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 160 times
Been thanked: 680 times

Re: SCOTUS thread

Postby Babeinbucland » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:59 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:
I didn’t assume anything, I told you what I thought you had said YOURSELF and you confirmed it. That is the OPPOSITE of assumption. You are really bad at this or perhaps you have a reading comprehension issue. If so let me know and I will be more gentle with you.

And lets be honest you are not the type of guy who owns up to his mistakes or miss- steps so you will never make good on your disingenuous bet.

But if you don’t think your belief that a fetus “life” is more important than the live woman who is carrying that fetus, then you are just either delusional or in denial. The fact is that Your belief that a female who is a victim of rape or incest should carry that pregnancy to term is a colossal danger to women. But it sure explains why you are a cheerleader for Brett Kavanaugh and why you could not possibly care less if he is a serial sexual assaulter no many how many women (and men) say this is who he is. Yep, that expains it all.

I didn’t say the fetus was more important. I said it was also a human life. That implies equality, not superiority. And, I will clarify again. I’m ok with a law which allows abortions in the case of rape or incest, even though I would still see that as immoral. If I can stop 99% of the mirders of unborn women, I will be OK with that.

You implied that you are against abortion as a form of birth control. Can you expand on that? In calling me a danger to women, you neglected to elaborate. And I’ve answered everything you have thrown at me, so I think it only fair for you to respond in kind.


Every woman I know that has had an abortion has been traumatized in some form, so no I don’t think abortion should be used as a form of birth control. I have no idea if abortion is murder (and neither to you) but even if I did, I do not for one nano second believe I have the right to use a law to control or force someone else’s decision about what is best for them medically. To do that would be a danger to women.

Now your turn: If you could vote to make it illegal for women to get an abortion in the case of rape or incest, would you vote to make it illegal? THIS is a yes or no question. Stay away from other words.
Last edited by Babeinbucland on Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Babeinbucland
 
Posts: 5018
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:24 pm
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 130 times

Re: SCOTUS thread

Postby RedLeader » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:00 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:
RedLeader wrote:
Haha. Holy ****, MB has officially gone full retard.


Usually I ignore you because your postings are so devoid of anything remotely interesting and this one is no different with the exception of its ignorance

Image


Whoa! What makes you think of this poor little girl when I say the word ‘retard’?! Thats fucked up, babe. Even for you...
User avatar
RedLeader
 
Posts: 2977
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:27 pm
Location: G14 Classified
Has thanked: 110 times
Been thanked: 106 times

Re: SCOTUS thread

Postby Babeinbucland » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:02 pm

RedLeader wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:
Usually I ignore you because your postings are so devoid of anything remotely interesting and this one is no different with the exception of its ignorance

Image


Whoa! What makes you think of this poor little girl when I say the word ‘retard’?! Thats fucked up, babe. Even for you...


Epic fail red, epic fail. Not even a good try although I know you put a lot of thought into it
User avatar
Babeinbucland
 
Posts: 5018
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:24 pm
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 130 times

Re: SCOTUS thread

Postby RedLeader » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:08 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:He doesn’t inform any of my core beliefs, but thanks for bringing him up.

Maybe you’ll see later why your post was such a clunker in response to mine. Though I am surprised at Clewy. Usually he is on the front lines rooting out whataboutism...

In this case, it's hypocricy, not whataboutism. Understand the difference. I don't like elected officials making laws for moral reasons that they themselves feel they are above.


Dude, that’s whataboutism at its finest... Especially in the context it was presented. The only ‘hypocrite’ here, is you.

Hilarious...
User avatar
RedLeader
 
Posts: 2977
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:27 pm
Location: G14 Classified
Has thanked: 110 times
Been thanked: 106 times

Re: SCOTUS thread

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:09 pm

You should listen to Red. He's been peddling whataboutism for like 2 years now.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 14837
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 160 times
Been thanked: 680 times

Re: SCOTUS thread

Postby RedLeader » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:12 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:
RedLeader wrote:
Whoa! What makes you think of this poor little girl when I say the word ‘retard’?! Thats fucked up, babe. Even for you...


Epic fail red, epic fail. Not even a good try although I know you put a lot of thought into it


You dont think it’s odd that the only association you have with the word is this little girl?
User avatar
RedLeader
 
Posts: 2977
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:27 pm
Location: G14 Classified
Has thanked: 110 times
Been thanked: 106 times

Re: SCOTUS thread

Postby Babeinbucland » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:13 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:You should listen to Red. He's been peddling whataboutism for like 2 years now.

Well, it isn’t like he has ever formed a cogent argument, so I am guessing it is 1 of 3 of all the pitiful tools he has in his plastic skool kit.
User avatar
Babeinbucland
 
Posts: 5018
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:24 pm
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 130 times

Re: SCOTUS thread

Postby RedLeader » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:15 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:You should listen to Red. He's been peddling whataboutism for like 2 years now.


Wow. That’s like a whataboutism trifecta. Well done, good sir.
User avatar
RedLeader
 
Posts: 2977
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:27 pm
Location: G14 Classified
Has thanked: 110 times
Been thanked: 106 times

Re: SCOTUS thread

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:16 pm

RedLeader wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:You should listen to Red. He's been peddling whataboutism for like 2 years now.


Wow. That’s like a whataboutism trifecta. Well done, good sir.

I'll take it as a compliment.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 14837
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 160 times
Been thanked: 680 times

Re: SCOTUS thread

Postby Ken Carson » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:19 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:I didn’t say the fetus was more important. I said it was also a human life. That implies equality, not superiority. And, I will clarify again. I’m ok with a law which allows abortions in the case of rape or incest, even though I would still see that as immoral. If I can stop 99% of the mirders of unborn women, I will be OK with that.

You implied that you are against abortion as a form of birth control. Can you expand on that? In calling me a danger to women, you neglected to elaborate. And I’ve answered everything you have thrown at me, so I think it only fair for you to respond in kind.


Every woman I know that has had an abortion has been traumatized in some form, so no I don’t think abortion should be used as a form of birth control. I have no idea if abortion is murder (and neither to you) but even if I did, I do not for one nano second believe I have the right to use a law to control or force someone else’s decision about what is best for them medically. To do that would be a danger to women.

Now your turn: If you could vote to make it illegal for women to get an abortion in the case of rape or incest, would you vote to make it illegal? THIS is a yes or no question. Stay away from other words.

The statistics are that 99% of abortions are performed as a means of birth control (not rape, not incest). The “people you know” might all be 1% but the facts are from the CDC.

It’s fine if you feel you can’t know if abortion is murder, but I think it’s absurd that in the case where something “might be murder” (which you admit is in play), you aren’t erring on the side of caution.

There are plenty of restrictions on people making the best decision for themselves medically, specifically when it comes to end another’s life. “It might be murder, but... I don’t believe I have a right to tell someone they can’t kill a homeless person for a kidney. After all, it might be in their medical best interest to get a new kidney.” So if you admit abortion might be murder, and you would also be against people killin the homeless to harvest organs, you already support restrictions on people killing humans for “medical reasons.” No need to worry, you are pro-life. Just embrace it.

If I could vote right now to make it illegal for women to get an abortion in the case of rape or abortion, I would not. Despite having very strong convictions, I am anti-authoritarianism. I will continue to strongly articulate why I believe that unborn lives matter, and shouldn’t be treated like a medical nuisance.
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 3913
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 194 times

Re: SCOTUS thread

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:23 pm

End the scourge of homeless kidney harvesting!
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 14837
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 160 times
Been thanked: 680 times

Re: SCOTUS thread

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:41 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:
Every woman I know that has had an abortion has been traumatized in some form, so no I don’t think abortion should be used as a form of birth control. I have no idea if abortion is murder (and neither to you) but even if I did, I do not for one nano second believe I have the right to use a law to control or force someone else’s decision about what is best for them medically. To do that would be a danger to women.

Now your turn: If you could vote to make it illegal for women to get an abortion in the case of rape or incest, would you vote to make it illegal? THIS is a yes or no question. Stay away from other words.

The statistics are that 99% of abortions are performed as a means of birth control (not rape, not incest). The “people you know” might all be 1% but the facts are from the CDC.

It’s fine if you feel you can’t know if abortion is murder, but I think it’s absurd that in the case where something “might be murder” (which you admit is in play), you aren’t erring on the side of caution.

There are plenty of restrictions on people making the best decision for themselves medically, specifically when it comes to end another’s life. “It might be murder, but... I don’t believe I have a right to tell someone they can’t kill a homeless person for a kidney. After all, it might be in their medical best interest to get a new kidney.” So if you admit abortion might be murder, and you would also be against people killin the homeless to harvest organs, you already support restrictions on people killing humans for “medical reasons.” No need to worry, you are pro-life. Just embrace it.

If I could vote right now to make it illegal for women to get an abortion in the case of rape or abortion, I would not. Despite having very strong convictions, I am anti-authoritarianism. I will continue to strongly articulate why I believe that unborn lives matter, and shouldn’t be treated like a medical nuisance.


Just in case there's some backlash to the "99%", these are from cdc.gov

From a 2014 CDC Report:

According to the most recent national estimates from 2010, 18% of all pregnancies in the United States end in induced abortion. 1/4 of all women will have/have had an abortion by the age of 45.
36.3% had one to two previous abortions, and 8.6% had three or more previous abortions (Table 17).1.5% were due to rape or incest.

California, Maryland, and NH were not included in this data.


Through a survey conducted at abortion clinics 3% of abortions were due to medical problems with the mother. 3% of abortions were due to medical conditions of the child. This included Down Syndrome.

Not quite 99%, but pretty damn close.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 5446
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 116 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: SCOTUS thread

Postby Ken Carson » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:43 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:End the scourge of homeless kidney harvesting!

Do you agree with Babe that abortion might be murder, but to protect the “medical decisions” of women, we should ensure that this “might be murder” scenario continues?

Or are you just yelling from the peanut gallery again. I never can tell with you these days.
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 3913
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 194 times

Re: SCOTUS thread

Postby Babeinbucland » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:46 pm

Ken Carson wrote:

The statistics are that 99% of abortions are performed as a means of birth control (not rape, not incest). The “people you know” might all be 1% but the facts are from the CDC.

It’s fine if you feel you can’t know if abortion is murder, but I think it’s absurd that in the case where something “might be murder” (which you admit is in play), you aren’t erring on the side of caution.

.


Can;t wait to see the link you post to the CDC showing the statistics that 99% of abortions are performed as a means of birth control as if they can discern women’s motive. Unless you are using this in the purest sense of the word - that abortion prevents birth- but that doesn’t say WHY a woman is choosing to prevent that birth. I trust her reasons as valid - you do not.

And who are you quoting with “”migh be murder”? It isn’t me and is just one more disingenuous move on your part to have a conversation while aborting my words. What I said exactly is “I have no idea if abortion is murder and neither do you”

But to your question on Why I wouldn’t “err on the side of caution”

1. If it was me I couldn’t get an abortion unless my life was in danger, or I was raped or impregnated by incest, other than those I would bring the pregnancy to term because I couldn’t live with the thought I might possibly have murdered an innocent child. So thereby proving once again you have no idea of who I am - I am MUCH MORE centrist than many on this board assume that I am but no one has actually asked me other than you - they assume just like you have so **** em’.

2. The definition of life provided by Webster’s dictionary does not support a fetus being life until it meets certain standards - all of which - are well after the time frame for a legal abortion - Oh and I think that the time frame for abortions should end at 22 weeks unless the mothers life is in danger or it is a minor who was raped or infested.

3. I do not believe it is my right, belief or morality to support a law that de facto states that my beliefs matter more than someone else’s beliefs. I don't pretend to have the corner on spiritual/religious truth and thus no right to force my truth on anyone.

4. For The woman who decides that abortion is her best option - I support her right to make that decision and I firmly believe she has the brains to make that decidison for herself and her decisions or reasons are none of my effing business because I don’t know if it is murder and neither do you
Last edited by Babeinbucland on Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Babeinbucland
 
Posts: 5018
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:24 pm
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 130 times

Re: SCOTUS thread

Postby Babeinbucland » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:49 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Through a survey conducted at abortion clinics 3% of abortions were due to medical problems with the mother. 3% of abortions were due to medical conditions of the child. This included Down Syndrome.

Not quite 99%, but pretty damn close.


A freaking survey??????? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Surveys don’t count as science. Nice sly try though
User avatar
Babeinbucland
 
Posts: 5018
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:24 pm
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 130 times

Re: SCOTUS thread

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:53 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:End the scourge of homeless kidney harvesting!

Do you agree with Babe that abortion might be murder, but to protect the “medical decisions” of women, we should ensure that this “might be murder” scenario continues?

Or are you just yelling from the peanut gallery again. I never can tell with you these days.

I'm not debating abortion, I'm looking out for the homeless!
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 14837
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 160 times
Been thanked: 680 times

Re: SCOTUS thread

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:53 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:
Through a survey conducted at abortion clinics 3% of abortions were due to medical problems with the mother. 3% of abortions were due to medical conditions of the child. This included Down Syndrome.

Not quite 99%, but pretty damn close.


A freaking survey??????? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Surveys don’t count as science. Nice sly try though

But asking your friends does, right?

The only hard facts we can give are what is reported and what is provided. Surveys provide a small obviously skewed sample size, which people are willingly providing their data. I didn't say the survey was definitive in any facet. Of the women willing to provide an answer only 3% said it was because of their health. That's all my post stated.

I don't think anyone else would deny that most abortions are for reasons other than medical, rape or incest. Do you? If not, what are you even arguing here? Most women who have abortions simply do not want the kids for a litany of reasons. Ken seemingly believes that's wrong. Are you saying that's their choice and they should be able to have an abortion due to simply not wanting kids, regardless of the reason?
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 5446
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 116 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: SCOTUS thread

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:57 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:Do you agree with Babe that abortion might be murder, but to protect the “medical decisions” of women, we should ensure that this “might be murder” scenario continues?

Or are you just yelling from the peanut gallery again. I never can tell with you these days.

I'm not debating abortion, I'm looking out for the homeless!

I think homeless should be killed before kids...but we all know who should go first (Looking at you Buc2)
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 5446
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 116 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: SCOTUS thread

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:59 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:I'm not debating abortion, I'm looking out for the homeless!

I think homeless should be killed before kids...but we all know who should go first (Looking at you Buc2)

Think of it as an abortion in the 4th trimester.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 14837
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 160 times
Been thanked: 680 times

Re: SCOTUS thread

Postby Babeinbucland » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:03 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:
A freaking survey??????? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Surveys don’t count as science. Nice sly try though

But asking your friends does, right?

The only hard facts we can give are what is reported or what is provided. Surveys provide a small obviously skewed sample size, which people are willingly providing their data. I didn't say the survey was definitive in any facet. I don't think anyone else would deny that most abortions are for reasons other than medical, rape or incest. Do you? If not, what are you even arguing here? Most women who have abortions simply do not want the kids for a litany of reasons. Ken seemingly believes that's wrong. Are you saying that's their choice and they should be able to have an abortion due to simply not wanting kids, regardless of the reason?


I was simply stating my experience with women, not making a scientific argument, Ken tried to go there and you followed him off the cliff. And Yes I trust and support any woman on any day of the week to have had a discussion with her doctor, that she has given this a lot of agonizing thought and weighed what is best for her and her life and that she a damn fine reason for going through this elective medical procedure. If YOU or Ken thinks any woman says “well, what the heck might as well do this today cause I dont want a baby!” then that just shows how little you know about women. I don’t believe for a second that Deciding to have an abortion is not a decision most women make lightly. But is appears as if you and Ken, woke men that you are, think women skip to the clinic get the procedure and skip home free of the burden. If you believe this it is because you don’t trust women, are woefully misinformed and believe that women are frivolous beings who don’t give deep thought to aborting a potential life. And if that is the case you would be totally and completely and profoundly wrong. Now I am going to sleep to leave y’all the last word on this subject of which you will never be in the position to have a decision to make or ever have anyone question if you know what is best for you and your body.
User avatar
Babeinbucland
 
Posts: 5018
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:24 pm
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 130 times

Re: SCOTUS thread

Postby Babeinbucland » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:04 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:I think homeless should be killed before kids...but we all know who should go first (Looking at you Buc2)

Think of it as an abortion in the 4th trimester.


:lol: Is this is thing, cause trumphitler is looking like an excellent candidate
User avatar
Babeinbucland
 
Posts: 5018
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:24 pm
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 130 times

Re: SCOTUS thread

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:11 am

Babeinbucland wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:But asking your friends does, right?

The only hard facts we can give are what is reported or what is provided. Surveys provide a small obviously skewed sample size, which people are willingly providing their data. I didn't say the survey was definitive in any facet. I don't think anyone else would deny that most abortions are for reasons other than medical, rape or incest. Do you? If not, what are you even arguing here? Most women who have abortions simply do not want the kids for a litany of reasons. Ken seemingly believes that's wrong. Are you saying that's their choice and they should be able to have an abortion due to simply not wanting kids, regardless of the reason?


I was simply stating my experience with women, not making a scientific argument, Ken tried to go there and you followed him off the cliff. And Yes I trust and support any woman on any day of the week to have had a discussion with her doctor, that she has given this a lot of agonizing thought and weighed what is best for her and her life and that she a damn fine reason for going through this elective medical procedure. If YOU or Ken thinks any woman says “well, what the heck might as well do this today cause I dont want a baby!” then that just shows how little you know about women. I don’t believe for a second that Deciding to have an abortion is not a decision most women make lightly. But is appears as if you and Ken, woke men that you are, think women skip to the clinic get the procedure and skip home free of the burden. If you believe this it is because you don’t trust women, are woefully misinformed and believe that women are frivolous beings who don’t give deep thought to aborting a potential life. And if that is the case you would be totally and completely and profoundly wrong. Now I am going to sleep to leave y’all the last word on this subject of which you will never be in the position to have a decision to make or ever have anyone question if you know what is best for you and your body.


You are completely wrong here, Babe. If you want to talk personal experience, I've had many friends have abortions. They do so because they aren't ready for kids due to their career, or want to travel more, or aren't ready to be parents. Go listen to women speak at abortion rally's they defend these reasons. They are common among young women having abortions. I'm sure some are devastated afterward, just as I'm sure many are completely fine and don't think about it twice.

If you want to talk facts (which you hate). The CDC reports that 44.9% of women who have an abortion have had multiple. You are not correct here. Some women have abortions for health reasons, but many have them because "it's their right and they don't want a child". I'm not completely against abortion, but I'm against your ignorance.

https://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/ ... ortion.htm
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5771530/

Go read what Planned Parent Hood has to say:

Reasons to have an abortion:
They want to be the best parent possible to the kids they already have.
They’re not ready to be a parent yet.
It’s not a good time in their life to have a baby.
They want to finish school, focus on work, or achieve other goals before having a baby.
They’re not in a relationship with someone they want to have a baby with.
They’re in an abusive relationship or were sexually assaulted.
The pregnancy is bad for their health.
They just don’t want to be a parent.


https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn ... g-abortion

Edit: Reading your post again, I never stated nor insinuated that a majority of women have abortions without thought or remorse. I would say those are the extreme minority, but they obviously exist. The only statement I made is that women who have abortions due to medical conditions are rare compared to those who simply do not want kids, for whatever reason (as outlined by Planned Parenthood). I can't say with any sort of facts, but I think it's common sense that for most an abortion is a tough decision, even if they are doing it multiple times. The almost 9% who are working on their 4th likely do not fall in this category.
Last edited by uscbucsfan on Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 5446
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 116 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: SCOTUS thread

Postby Babeinbucland » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:22 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:
I was simply stating my experience with women, not making a scientific argument, Ken tried to go there and you followed him off the cliff. And Yes I trust and support any woman on any day of the week to have had a discussion with her doctor, that she has given this a lot of agonizing thought and weighed what is best for her and her life and that she a damn fine reason for going through this elective medical procedure. If YOU or Ken thinks any woman says “well, what the heck might as well do this today cause I dont want a baby!” then that just shows how little you know about women. I don’t believe for a second that Deciding to have an abortion is not a decision most women make lightly. But is appears as if you and Ken, woke men that you are, think women skip to the clinic get the procedure and skip home free of the burden. If you believe this it is because you don’t trust women, are woefully misinformed and believe that women are frivolous beings who don’t give deep thought to aborting a potential life. And if that is the case you would be totally and completely and profoundly wrong. Now I am going to sleep to leave y’all the last word on this subject of which you will never be in the position to have a decision to make or ever have anyone question if you know what is best for you and your body.


You are completely wrong here, Babe. If you want to talk personal experience, I've had many friends have abortions. They do so because they aren't ready for kids due to their career, or want to travel more, or aren't ready to be parents. Go listen to women speak at abortion rally's they defend these reasons. They are common among young women having abortions. I'm sure some are devastated afterward, just as I'm sure many are completely fine and don't think about it twice.

If you want to talk facts (which you hate). The CDC reports that 44.9% of women who have an abortion have had multiple. You are not correct here. Some women have abortions for health reasons, but many have them because "it's their right and they don't want a child". I'm not completely against abortion, but I'm against your ignorance.

https://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/ ... ortion.htm
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5771530/

Go read what Planned Parent Hood has to say:

Reasons to have an abortion:
They want to be the best parent possible to the kids they already have.
They’re not ready to be a parent yet.
It’s not a good time in their life to have a baby.
They want to finish school, focus on work, or achieve other goals before having a baby.
They’re not in a relationship with someone they want to have a baby with.
They’re in an abusive relationship or were sexually assaulted.
The pregnancy is bad for their health.
They just don’t want to be a parent.


https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn ... g-abortion


Please copy and paste exactly what I am wrong about - copy and paste don’t just be like Ken and use your interpretation of what I said then argue with your interpretation lololol and I am good with women deciding what is best for them for any of the reasons PP stated. Why? Oh because I trust women to know what is best for them, their body and their lives. You don’t. See ya in the morning
User avatar
Babeinbucland
 
Posts: 5018
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:24 pm
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 130 times

Re: SCOTUS thread

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:47 am

Babeinbucland wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:
You are completely wrong here, Babe. If you want to talk personal experience, I've had many friends have abortions. They do so because they aren't ready for kids due to their career, or want to travel more, or aren't ready to be parents. Go listen to women speak at abortion rally's they defend these reasons. They are common among young women having abortions. I'm sure some are devastated afterward, just as I'm sure many are completely fine and don't think about it twice.

If you want to talk facts (which you hate). The CDC reports that 44.9% of women who have an abortion have had multiple. You are not correct here. Some women have abortions for health reasons, but many have them because "it's their right and they don't want a child". I'm not completely against abortion, but I'm against your ignorance.

https://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/ ... ortion.htm
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5771530/

Go read what Planned Parent Hood has to say:



https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn ... g-abortion


Please copy and paste exactly what I am wrong about - copy and paste don’t just be like Ken and use your interpretation of what I said then argue with your interpretation lololol and I am good with women deciding what is best for them for any of the reasons PP stated. Why? Oh because I trust women to know what is best for them, their body and their lives. You don’t. See ya in the morning

Babeinbucland wrote:
I was simply stating my experience with women, not making a scientific argument, Ken tried to go there and you followed him off the cliff. And Yes I trust and support any woman on any day of the week to have had a discussion with her doctor, that she has given this a lot of agonizing thought and weighed what is best for her and her life and that she a damn fine reason for going through this elective medical procedure. If YOU or Ken thinks any woman says “well, what the heck might as well do this today cause I dont want a baby!” then that just shows how little you know about women. I don’t believe for a second that Deciding to have an abortion is not a decision most women make lightly. But is appears as if you and Ken, woke men that you are, think women skip to the clinic get the procedure and skip home free of the burden. If you believe this it is because you don’t trust women, are woefully misinformed and believe that women are frivolous beings who don’t give deep thought to aborting a potential life. And if that is the case you would be totally and completely and profoundly wrong. Now I am going to sleep to leave y’all the last word on this subject of which you will never be in the position to have a decision to make or ever have anyone question if you know what is best for you and your body.


This whole post is fucked up. I simply pasted an article from the CDC and then results from polls conducted at abortion clinics, which disputed Ken's claim of 99%, but backed his claim that medical, rape, and incest were rarities for abortion reasons overall.

Nothing in those stats were my opinion, they were facts and survey results.

Then you accuse me of trying to be sly for stating that women mostly have abortions due to not wanting to have children, which again...is not just my opinion. Then when I responded with an olive branch:


I don't think anyone else would deny that most abortions are for reasons other than medical, rape or incest. Do you? If not, what are you even arguing here? Most women who have abortions simply do not want the kids for a litany of reasons. Ken seemingly believes that's wrong. Are you saying that's their choice and they should be able to have an abortion due to simply not wanting kids, regardless of the reason?


You responded with this typical Babe post...stating that I went off some cliff (apparently with the CDC, Planned Parenthood, and the Journal of Women's Health) when I posted stats from them. Then you accuse me of generalizing all women who have abortions for taking it lightly and believe that women "skip home free of burden". I cannot even fathom where you made this leap.

I'm not attacking your defense of women's reasons for abortion. Ken was. I was simply interjecting real numbers and surveys of abortions in America to the conversation and for some reason I fell into the trap of trying to quell your crazy, once again.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 5446
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 116 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: SCOTUS thread

Postby mightyleemoon » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:50 am

Babeinbucland wrote:
RedLeader wrote:
Haha. Holy ****, MB has officially gone full retard.


Usually I ignore you because your postings are so devoid of anything remotely interesting and this one is no different with the exception of its ignorance

Image


The girl in that picture isn't a retard. The English language is a complex one. And nobody uses the word 'retarded' colloquially to have anything to do with mental illness. Just like 'Gay' is not used colloquially to mean 'Happy'. People who get bent out of shape over that word are just looking for something to be offended by.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled Right Wing Circle Jerk.
User avatar
mightyleemoon
 
Posts: 3673
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:35 pm
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 191 times

Re: SCOTUS thread

Postby mightyleemoon » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:51 am

RedLeader wrote:Whoa! What makes you think of this poor little girl when I say the word ‘retard’?! Thats fucked up, babe. Even for you...


Here is an example of Retarded. Red plays this dumb card every chance he gets. That makes him a retard.

Everyone up to speed now?
User avatar
mightyleemoon
 
Posts: 3673
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:35 pm
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 191 times

Re: SCOTUS thread

Postby Ken Carson » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:04 am

Babeinbucland wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:

The statistics are that 99% of abortions are performed as a means of birth control (not rape, not incest). The “people you know” might all be 1% but the facts are from the CDC.

It’s fine if you feel you can’t know if abortion is murder, but I think it’s absurd that in the case where something “might be murder” (which you admit is in play), you aren’t erring on the side of caution.

.


Can;t wait to see the link you post to the CDC showing the statistics that 99% of abortions are performed as a means of birth control as if they can discern women’s motive. Unless you are using this in the purest sense of the word - that abortion prevents birth- but that doesn’t say WHY a woman is choosing to prevent that birth. I trust her reasons as valid - you do not.

And who are you quoting with “”migh be murder”? It isn’t me and is just one more disingenuous move on your part to have a conversation while aborting my words. What I said exactly is “I have no idea if abortion is murder and neither do you”

But to your question on Why I wouldn’t “err on the side of caution”

1. If it was me I couldn’t get an abortion unless my life was in danger, or I was raped or impregnated by incest, other than those I would bring the pregnancy to term because I couldn’t live with the thought I might possibly have murdered an innocent child. So thereby proving once again you have no idea of who I am - I am MUCH MORE centrist than many on this board assume that I am but no one has actually asked me other than you - they assume just like you have so **** em’.

2. The definition of life provided by Webster’s dictionary does not support a fetus being life until it meets certain standards - all of which - are well after the time frame for a legal abortion - Oh and I think that the time frame for abortions should end at 22 weeks unless the mothers life is in danger or it is a minor who was raped or infested.

3. I do not believe it is my right, belief or morality to support a law that de facto states that my beliefs matter more than someone else’s beliefs. I don't pretend to have the corner on spiritual/religious truth and thus no right to force my truth on anyone.

4. For The woman who decides that abortion is her best option - I support her right to make that decision and I firmly believe she has the brains to make that decidison for herself and her decisions or reasons are none of my effing business because I don’t know if it is murder and neither do you

1. Good for you.

2. Here is what the dictionary says: “the quality that distinguishes a vital and functional being from a dead body.” Are you arguing that a fetus is “dead” until it is born? It has a bearing heart, a functioning brain, working organs and it’s own unique DNA. Really would love to hear how that does not meet the dictionary definition until 22 weeks. The heartbeat starts at 6-7 weeks, quite a bit before whatever magically happens at 22 weeks that you seem to think qualifies the baby as a life.

3. So cake shops don’t have to bake cakes for gay weddings? After all, you wouldn’t want to impose your religious beliefs on anyone else. I very much doubt that that actually believe you can’t impose your beliefs on others via laws, but since your beliefs go against your party, you are just saying this to justify why you are carrying the compan banner on something you find morally wrong. It’s OK to have moral convictions and be a Democrat. Sure, the fringe nuts will tell you to join the GOP, but you do at least get to maintain a clear conscience.

4. Do you also support the woman who drowns her child because she just can’t have a baby right now? Do you still trust her decisions that she knows what’s best? Is that really none of your business when someone decides that termination is an acceptable means of freeing up her schedule? Bullshit.

You are tied up into a million knots on this and it is obvious why. There is no defense for abortion as birth control. It’s an inhumane termination of life. So sure, let’s say that medically necessary abortions, rape and incest are all available should their be documentation of hose events. And all the rest of them are outlawed because we decide to protect children. We just reduced abortions by 93% (thanks usc for the actual statistics) and saved the lives of 600,000 children per year.

That wasn’t so hard, was it?
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 3913
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 194 times

PreviousNext

post

Return to Politics and Religion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests