Florida Politics.

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Florida Politics.

Postby uscbucsfan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:56 am

HamBone wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:
Apparently this is how they now connect with each other, through their fabulous racism that they’re all proud of everything.

Here is a picture of members of the Jasper, Alabama Police force. 4 of them are making the white power symbol They were suspended for this and docked a week's pay. The mayor said they showed poor judgment.

That’s a pretty popular game in the military...if someone looks at the circle you get to smack their nuts.

I still get memes with the ok symbol from that game on FB, from all races. It has always been a big game in the military and in LEO.

Also, it means ok, but apparently even if you are Mexican and Jewish and use it, it means white power.

What's next? Waving is an ode to Hitler?
uscbucsfan

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:26 am

HamBone wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:
Apparently this is how they now connect with each other, through their fabulous racism that they’re all proud of everything.

Here is a picture of members of the Jasper, Alabama Police force. 4 of them are making the white power symbol They were suspended for this and docked a week's pay. The mayor said they showed poor judgment.

That’s a pretty popular game in the military...if someone looks at the circle you get to smack their nuts.

My first sergeant got the whole company once in formation. About 100 of us.

"I got all you motherfuckers"

It was treated as a mass casualty event.

Seriously speaking, I dunno if these guys are playing the game in this pic or there's something else to it, but I have no choice to think the former. I've never heard of this as a white power thing before.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby NYBF » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:32 pm

We used to do that same thing in HS.

From what I can figure out, a couple years ago someone started spreading the white power story as a hoax. And then one or two idiot racists tried to run with it since the story was out there already.

Is the Coast Guard kid a neo-nazi? Probably not. But he did go out of his way to draw attention to himself during an emergency broadcast, so I've got no problem with whatever discipline they handed down.
NYBF

Postby The Outsider » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:22 pm

NYBF wrote:We used to do that same thing in HS.

From what I can figure out, a couple years ago someone started spreading the white power story as a hoax. And then one or two idiot racists tried to run with it since the story was out there already.

Is the Coast Guard kid a neo-nazi? Probably not. But he did go out of his way to draw attention to himself during an emergency broadcast, so I've got no problem with whatever discipline they handed down.

It was a 4chan prank that got taken seriously.
The Outsider

Postby HamBone » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:23 pm

The Outsider wrote:

Is the media reporting the OK sign as racist?
HamBone

Postby PrimeMinister » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:23 pm

The Outsider wrote:

Ok thank you. This sounds right.
PrimeMinister

Postby Buc2 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:40 am

And people like bibl help spread the disinformation. smh
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby HamBone » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:08 am

Look at these white supremacist

HamBone

Postby RedLeader » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:08 am

Im pretty sure Obama is just rolling a booger in that one...
RedLeader

Postby Ken Carson » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:06 am

HamBone wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:

We played that in high school all the time.

Also isn’t the white power version supposed to be in the shape of a W and a P, not an M and an O?
Ken Carson

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:23 am

Babeinbucland wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:I don't like his politics, but he's got a point, babe.

No,he doesn’t. In fact he misses the point completely. So I will spell it out for him And others who seem destine to miss it. When DeSantis made the monkey comment, many on this board said that it had nothing to do with racism. I said it is a dog whistle to those who run in those circles, and speak in those terms, to signal the connectedness of racism to each other and his (and trumps) base. Now we see people all over the place throwing these white supremacist signals out to each other and because hopefully most on this board do not run in those circles they are oblivious to it, Just like they are oblivious to the monkey Comment. Just like the swastika on my car. So to be crystal clear my point is that there’s plenty of racist things going on that people - who are not aware of the subtleties or haven’t studied the history - will miss, minimize and call those of us who are pointing it out as overreacting or pulling things out of the air. No, this is the times we live in now. Scary times and to ignore this resurgence is dangerous.

L-O-L

You're a crazy person. I feel bad you go through life with these types of thoughts tbh.
DreadNaught

Postby deltbucs » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:17 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:No,he doesn’t. In fact he misses the point completely. So I will spell it out for him And others who seem destine to miss it. When DeSantis made the monkey comment, many on this board said that it had nothing to do with racism. I said it is a dog whistle to those who run in those circles, and speak in those terms, to signal the connectedness of racism to each other and his (and trumps) base. Now we see people all over the place throwing these white supremacist signals out to each other and because hopefully most on this board do not run in those circles they are oblivious to it, Just like they are oblivious to the monkey Comment. Just like the swastika on my car. So to be crystal clear my point is that there’s plenty of racist things going on that people - who are not aware of the subtleties or haven’t studied the history - will miss, minimize and call those of us who are pointing it out as overreacting or pulling things out of the air. No, this is the times we live in now. Scary times and to ignore this resurgence is dangerous.

L-O-L

You're a crazy person. I feel bad you go through life with these types of thoughts tbh.

Pretty much this.
deltbucs

Postby Babeinbucland » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:55 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:No,he doesn’t. In fact he misses the point completely. So I will spell it out for him And others who seem destine to miss it. When DeSantis made the monkey comment, many on this board said that it had nothing to do with racism. I said it is a dog whistle to those who run in those circles, and speak in those terms, to signal the connectedness of racism to each other and his (and trumps) base. Now we see people all over the place throwing these white supremacist signals out to each other and because hopefully most on this board do not run in those circles they are oblivious to it, Just like they are oblivious to the monkey Comment. Just like the swastika on my car. So to be crystal clear my point is that there’s plenty of racist things going on that people - who are not aware of the subtleties or haven’t studied the history - will miss, minimize and call those of us who are pointing it out as overreacting or pulling things out of the air. No, this is the times we live in now. Scary times and to ignore this resurgence is dangerous.

L-O-L

Wow. What a deep, thoughtful and articulate rebuttal. But hey ya got Delt to ride it so there is that. L-O-L
Babeinbucland

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:01 am

John Oliver informed me that Florida has a referendum on the ballot to restore the voting rights of convicted felons with exceptions for murder and sex crimes.

Florida residents. Do you support the restoration of voting rights for non-violent felons who have completed their sentences? Explain your answer.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby deltbucs » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:53 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:John Oliver informed me that Florida has a referendum on the ballot to restore the voting rights of convicted felons with exceptions for murder and sex crimes.

Florida residents. Do you support the restoration of voting rights for non-violent felons who have completed their sentences? Explain your answer.

Absolutely. It's a step towards fixing our broken criminal justice system.
deltbucs

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:29 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:John Oliver informed me that Florida has a referendum on the ballot to restore the voting rights of convicted felons with exceptions for murder and sex crimes.

I support it.
uscbucsfan

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:37 am

The video in question on the topic, I know not everyone here is a John Oliver fan, so skip to 3:05 if you want to get to the meat of the piece.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:49 am

I support it the same same way I support eliminating the cash bail system for non-violent offenders. There needs to be some clear distinctions on where the line is drawn in terms of the crimes we're giving a pass to.

But yes, (depending on the crime) once a person has completely fulfilled their debt to society (prison, probation, etc) I have no problem with them being fully integrated into society which includes their right to vote. I think it's the right thing to do in a forgiving society.
Last edited by DreadNaught on Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:53 am

DreadNaught wrote:

I support it the same same way I support eliminating the cash bail system for non-violent offenders. There needs to be some clear distinctions on where the line is drawn in terms of the crimes we're giving a pass to.

But yes, (depending on the crime) once a person has completely fulfilled their debt to society (prison, probation, etc) I have no problem with them being fully integrated into society which includes their right to vote. I think it's the right this to do in a forgiving society.

Absolutely. The arbitrary authority given to the governor to pick and choose whom to restore voting rights to is outrageous.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:00 am

Every legal citizen should be able to vote at all times...even those currently in prison.
Zarniwoop

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:09 am

Zarniwoop wrote:Every legal citizen should be able to vote at all times...even those currently in prison.

I disagree. When you commit certain crimes and are deemed guilty of those crimes you forgo certain rights for a period of time.
DreadNaught

Postby Deuce » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:10 am

This is apropos of nothing but...

Me and the girlfriend were walking around downtown Tallahassee last night. We saw a few cops up ahead and figured it was just a traffic stop or something. We walked by a giant sidewalk-level window of the Challenger Learning Center and we were right behind a guy giving a speech to a large crowd. Never seen him before in person, but it hit me, and I asked one of the cops "Is that Gillum?" and he said "yes it is."
Deuce

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:11 am

DreadNaught wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:Every legal citizen should be able to vote at all times...even those currently in prison.

I disagree. When you commit certain crimes and are deemed guilty of those crimes you forgo certain rights for a period of time.

I realize I’m more of the oddball with my opinion and yours is the much more popular one

But you’re still wrong :P
Zarniwoop

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:28 am

Zarniwoop wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

I realize I’m more of the oddball with my opinion and yours is the much more popular one

But you’re still wrong :P

'There is no right or wrong with opinions'

-Bootz2004
DreadNaught

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:32 am

Anything I type is a fact kyddo
Zarniwoop

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:35 pm

Florida Gov. Rick Scott (R) was reportedly booed out of a restaurant as protesters vented their frustration over the state’s red algae tide crisis.

Scott was making a campaign stop in Venice, Fla., when he was met with angry protesters outside of Mojo’s Real Cuban restaurant on Monday, the Sarasota Herald-Tribune reported. The governor, who is term-limited under Florida's Constitution, is currently in a tight race against incumbent Sen. Bill Nelson (D) for Nelson's seat.

He entered the restaurant but only stayed about 10 minutes before he left to a booing crowd.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:45 pm

DeSantis and Gillum will formally debate five times between now and election day.

debates hosted by Leadership Florida, CBS Miami, Telemundo, Fox News and CNN.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:51 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Florida Gov. Rick Scott (R) was reportedly booed out of a restaurant as protesters vented their frustration over the state’s red algae tide crisis.

Scott was making a campaign stop in Venice, Fla., when he was met with angry protesters outside of Mojo’s Real Cuban restaurant on Monday, the Sarasota Herald-Tribune reported. The governor, who is term-limited under Florida's Constitution, is currently in a tight race against incumbent Sen. Bill Nelson (D) for Nelson's seat.

He entered the restaurant but only stayed about 10 minutes before he left to a booing crowd.

Classy
DreadNaught

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:10 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:

Classy

I'm all for people voicing their displeasure with our idiotic bureaucrats....but surely people realize when you make the private lives of our politicians shitty, you just get shittier politicians...please tell me people understand this?????
Zarniwoop

Postby NYBF » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:07 am

Zarniwoop wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:
Classy

I'm all for people voicing their displeasure with our idiotic bureaucrats....but surely people realize when you make the private lives of our politicians shitty, you just get shittier politicians...please tell me people understand this?????

If I'm reading that correctly, it was a scheduled campaign stop? It wasn't like he was there eating dinner and everyone went crazy.
NYBF

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion