Florida Politics.

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
post

Re: Florida Politics.

Postby uscbucsfan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:56 am

HamBone wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:
Apparently this is how they now connect with each other, through their fabulous racism that they’re all proud of everything.

Here is a picture of members of the Jasper, Alabama Police force. 4 of them are making the white power symbol They were suspended for this and docked a week's pay. The mayor said they showed poor judgment.
Image


That’s a pretty popular game in the military...if someone looks at the circle you get to smack their nuts.

I still get memes with the ok symbol from that game on FB, from all races. It has always been a big game in the military and in LEO.

Also, it means ok, but apparently even if you are Mexican and Jewish and use it, it means white power.

What's next? Waving is an ode to Hitler?
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 5432
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 116 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: Florida Politics.

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:26 am

HamBone wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:
Apparently this is how they now connect with each other, through their fabulous racism that they’re all proud of everything.

Here is a picture of members of the Jasper, Alabama Police force. 4 of them are making the white power symbol They were suspended for this and docked a week's pay. The mayor said they showed poor judgment.
Image


That’s a pretty popular game in the military...if someone looks at the circle you get to smack their nuts.

My first sergeant got the whole company once in formation. About 100 of us.

"I got all you motherfuckers"

It was treated as a mass casualty event.


Seriously speaking, I dunno if these guys are playing the game in this pic or there's something else to it, but I have no choice to think the former. I've never heard of this as a white power thing before.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 14817
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 160 times
Been thanked: 679 times

Re: Florida Politics.

Postby NYBF » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:32 pm

We used to do that same thing in HS.

From what I can figure out, a couple years ago someone started spreading the white power story as a hoax. And then one or two idiot racists tried to run with it since the story was out there already.

Is the Coast Guard kid a neo-nazi? Probably not. But he did go out of his way to draw attention to himself during an emergency broadcast, so I've got no problem with whatever discipline they handed down.
Image
User avatar
NYBF
 
Posts: 6471
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:46 am
Has thanked: 203 times
Been thanked: 531 times

Re: Florida Politics.

Postby The Outsider » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:22 pm

NYBF wrote:We used to do that same thing in HS.

From what I can figure out, a couple years ago someone started spreading the white power story as a hoax. And then one or two idiot racists tried to run with it since the story was out there already.

Is the Coast Guard kid a neo-nazi? Probably not. But he did go out of his way to draw attention to himself during an emergency broadcast, so I've got no problem with whatever discipline they handed down.



It was a 4chan prank that got taken seriously.
Image
User avatar
The Outsider
 
Posts: 4929
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:02 pm
Location: Gettin' all up in ya
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 274 times

Re: Florida Politics.

Postby HamBone » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:23 pm

The Outsider wrote:
NYBF wrote:We used to do that same thing in HS.

From what I can figure out, a couple years ago someone started spreading the white power story as a hoax. And then one or two idiot racists tried to run with it since the story was out there already.

Is the Coast Guard kid a neo-nazi? Probably not. But he did go out of his way to draw attention to himself during an emergency broadcast, so I've got no problem with whatever discipline they handed down.



It was a 4chan prank that got taken seriously.


Is the media reporting the OK sign as racist?
User avatar
HamBone
 
Posts: 2371
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:34 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 76 times

Re: Florida Politics.

Postby PrimeMinister » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:23 pm

The Outsider wrote:
NYBF wrote:We used to do that same thing in HS.

From what I can figure out, a couple years ago someone started spreading the white power story as a hoax. And then one or two idiot racists tried to run with it since the story was out there already.

Is the Coast Guard kid a neo-nazi? Probably not. But he did go out of his way to draw attention to himself during an emergency broadcast, so I've got no problem with whatever discipline they handed down.



It was a 4chan prank that got taken seriously.


Ok thank you. This sounds right.
PrimeMinister
 
Posts: 9021
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:34 am
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 244 times

Re: Florida Politics.

Postby Buc2 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:40 am

And people like bibl help spread the disinformation. smh
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 12390
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 1000 times
Been thanked: 430 times

Re: Florida Politics.

Postby HamBone » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:08 am

Look at these white supremacist


Image

Image
User avatar
HamBone
 
Posts: 2371
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:34 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 76 times

Re: Florida Politics.

Postby RedLeader » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:08 am

Im pretty sure Obama is just rolling a booger in that one...
User avatar
RedLeader
 
Posts: 2969
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:27 pm
Location: G14 Classified
Has thanked: 110 times
Been thanked: 106 times

Re: Florida Politics.

Postby Ken Carson » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:06 am

HamBone wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:
Apparently this is how they now connect with each other, through their fabulous racism that they’re all proud of everything.

Here is a picture of members of the Jasper, Alabama Police force. 4 of them are making the white power symbol They were suspended for this and docked a week's pay. The mayor said they showed poor judgment.
Image


That’s a pretty popular game in the military...if someone looks at the circle you get to smack their nuts.

We played that in high school all the time.

Also isn’t the white power version supposed to be in the shape of a W and a P, not an M and an O?
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 3900
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 194 times

Re: Florida Politics.

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:23 am

Babeinbucland wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:I don't like his politics, but he's got a point, babe.

No,he doesn’t. In fact he misses the point completely. So I will spell it out for him And others who seem destine to miss it. When DeSantis made the monkey comment, many on this board said that it had nothing to do with racism. I said it is a dog whistle to those who run in those circles, and speak in those terms, to signal the connectedness of racism to each other and his (and trumps) base. Now we see people all over the place throwing these white supremacist signals out to each other and because hopefully most on this board do not run in those circles they are oblivious to it, Just like they are oblivious to the monkey Comment. Just like the swastika on my car. So to be crystal clear my point is that there’s plenty of racist things going on that people - who are not aware of the subtleties or haven’t studied the history - will miss, minimize and call those of us who are pointing it out as overreacting or pulling things out of the air. No, this is the times we live in now. Scary times and to ignore this resurgence is dangerous.


L-O-L

You're a crazy person. I feel bad you go through life with these types of thoughts tbh.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 13834
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 558 times
Been thanked: 599 times

Re: Florida Politics.

Postby deltbucs » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:17 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:No,he doesn’t. In fact he misses the point completely. So I will spell it out for him And others who seem destine to miss it. When DeSantis made the monkey comment, many on this board said that it had nothing to do with racism. I said it is a dog whistle to those who run in those circles, and speak in those terms, to signal the connectedness of racism to each other and his (and trumps) base. Now we see people all over the place throwing these white supremacist signals out to each other and because hopefully most on this board do not run in those circles they are oblivious to it, Just like they are oblivious to the monkey Comment. Just like the swastika on my car. So to be crystal clear my point is that there’s plenty of racist things going on that people - who are not aware of the subtleties or haven’t studied the history - will miss, minimize and call those of us who are pointing it out as overreacting or pulling things out of the air. No, this is the times we live in now. Scary times and to ignore this resurgence is dangerous.


L-O-L

You're a crazy person. I feel bad you go through life with these types of thoughts tbh.

Pretty much this.
Image
deltbucs
 
Posts: 5412
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:28 pm
Has thanked: 219 times
Been thanked: 311 times

Re: Florida Politics.

Postby Babeinbucland » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:55 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:No,he doesn’t. In fact he misses the point completely. So I will spell it out for him And others who seem destine to miss it. When DeSantis made the monkey comment, many on this board said that it had nothing to do with racism. I said it is a dog whistle to those who run in those circles, and speak in those terms, to signal the connectedness of racism to each other and his (and trumps) base. Now we see people all over the place throwing these white supremacist signals out to each other and because hopefully most on this board do not run in those circles they are oblivious to it, Just like they are oblivious to the monkey Comment. Just like the swastika on my car. So to be crystal clear my point is that there’s plenty of racist things going on that people - who are not aware of the subtleties or haven’t studied the history - will miss, minimize and call those of us who are pointing it out as overreacting or pulling things out of the air. No, this is the times we live in now. Scary times and to ignore this resurgence is dangerous.


L-O-L

You're a crazy person. I feel bad you go through life with these types of thoughts tbh.


Wow. What a deep, thoughtful and articulate rebuttal. But hey ya got Delt to ride it so there is that. L-O-L
User avatar
Babeinbucland
 
Posts: 5011
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:24 pm
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 130 times

Re: Florida Politics.

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:01 am

John Oliver informed me that Florida has a referendum on the ballot to restore the voting rights of convicted felons with exceptions for murder and sex crimes.

Florida residents. Do you support the restoration of voting rights for non-violent felons who have completed their sentences? Explain your answer.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 14817
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 160 times
Been thanked: 679 times

Re: Florida Politics.

Postby deltbucs » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:53 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:John Oliver informed me that Florida has a referendum on the ballot to restore the voting rights of convicted felons with exceptions for murder and sex crimes.

Florida residents. Do you support the restoration of voting rights for non-violent felons who have completed their sentences? Explain your answer.

Absolutely. It's a step towards fixing our broken criminal justice system.
Image
deltbucs
 
Posts: 5412
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:28 pm
Has thanked: 219 times
Been thanked: 311 times

Re: Florida Politics.

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:29 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:John Oliver informed me that Florida has a referendum on the ballot to restore the voting rights of convicted felons with exceptions for murder and sex crimes.

Florida residents. Do you support the restoration of voting rights for non-violent felons who have completed their sentences? Explain your answer.


I support it.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 5432
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 116 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: Florida Politics.

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:37 am



The video in question on the topic, I know not everyone here is a John Oliver fan, so skip to 3:05 if you want to get to the meat of the piece.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 14817
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 160 times
Been thanked: 679 times

Re: Florida Politics.

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:49 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:John Oliver informed me that Florida has a referendum on the ballot to restore the voting rights of convicted felons with exceptions for murder and sex crimes.

Florida residents. Do you support the restoration of voting rights for non-violent felons who have completed their sentences? Explain your answer.


I support it the same same way I support eliminating the cash bail system for non-violent offenders. There needs to be some clear distinctions on where the line is drawn in terms of the crimes we're giving a pass to.

But yes, (depending on the crime) once a person has completely fulfilled their debt to society (prison, probation, etc) I have no problem with them being fully integrated into society which includes their right to vote. I think it's the right thing to do in a forgiving society.
Last edited by DreadNaught on Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 13834
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 558 times
Been thanked: 599 times

Re: Florida Politics.

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:53 am

DreadNaught wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:John Oliver informed me that Florida has a referendum on the ballot to restore the voting rights of convicted felons with exceptions for murder and sex crimes.

Florida residents. Do you support the restoration of voting rights for non-violent felons who have completed their sentences? Explain your answer.


I support it the same same way I support eliminating the cash bail system for non-violent offenders. There needs to be some clear distinctions on where the line is drawn in terms of the crimes we're giving a pass to.

But yes, (depending on the crime) once a person has completely fulfilled their debt to society (prison, probation, etc) I have no problem with them being fully integrated into society which includes their right to vote. I think it's the right this to do in a forgiving society.

Absolutely. The arbitrary authority given to the governor to pick and choose whom to restore voting rights to is outrageous.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 14817
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 160 times
Been thanked: 679 times

Re: Florida Politics.

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:00 am

Every legal citizen should be able to vote at all times...even those currently in prison.
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 7011
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 378 times
Been thanked: 305 times

Re: Florida Politics.

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:09 am

Zarniwoop wrote:Every legal citizen should be able to vote at all times...even those currently in prison.


I disagree. When you commit certain crimes and are deemed guilty of those crimes you forgo certain rights for a period of time.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 13834
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 558 times
Been thanked: 599 times

Re: Florida Politics.

Postby Deuce » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:10 am

This is apropos of nothing but...

Me and the girlfriend were walking around downtown Tallahassee last night. We saw a few cops up ahead and figured it was just a traffic stop or something. We walked by a giant sidewalk-level window of the Challenger Learning Center and we were right behind a guy giving a speech to a large crowd. Never seen him before in person, but it hit me, and I asked one of the cops "Is that Gillum?" and he said "yes it is."
User avatar
Deuce
 
Posts: 1675
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:23 pm
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 53 times

Re: Florida Politics.

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:11 am

DreadNaught wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:Every legal citizen should be able to vote at all times...even those currently in prison.


I disagree. When you commit certain crimes and are deemed guilty of those crimes you forgo certain rights for a period of time.



I realize I’m more of the oddball with my opinion and yours is the much more popular one



But you’re still wrong :P
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 7011
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 378 times
Been thanked: 305 times

Re: Florida Politics.

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:28 am

Zarniwoop wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:
I disagree. When you commit certain crimes and are deemed guilty of those crimes you forgo certain rights for a period of time.



I realize I’m more of the oddball with my opinion and yours is the much more popular one



But you’re still wrong :P


'There is no right or wrong with opinions'

-Bootz2004
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 13834
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 558 times
Been thanked: 599 times

Re: Florida Politics.

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:32 am

Anything I type is a fact kyddo
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 7011
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 378 times
Been thanked: 305 times

Re: Florida Politics.

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:35 pm

Florida Gov. Rick Scott (R) was reportedly booed out of a restaurant as protesters vented their frustration over the state’s red algae tide crisis.

Scott was making a campaign stop in Venice, Fla., when he was met with angry protesters outside of Mojo’s Real Cuban restaurant on Monday, the Sarasota Herald-Tribune reported. The governor, who is term-limited under Florida's Constitution, is currently in a tight race against incumbent Sen. Bill Nelson (D) for Nelson's seat.

He entered the restaurant but only stayed about 10 minutes before he left to a booing crowd.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 14817
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 160 times
Been thanked: 679 times

Re: Florida Politics.

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:45 pm

DeSantis and Gillum will formally debate five times between now and election day.

debates hosted by Leadership Florida, CBS Miami, Telemundo, Fox News and CNN.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 14817
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 160 times
Been thanked: 679 times

Re: Florida Politics.

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:51 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Florida Gov. Rick Scott (R) was reportedly booed out of a restaurant as protesters vented their frustration over the state’s red algae tide crisis.

Scott was making a campaign stop in Venice, Fla., when he was met with angry protesters outside of Mojo’s Real Cuban restaurant on Monday, the Sarasota Herald-Tribune reported. The governor, who is term-limited under Florida's Constitution, is currently in a tight race against incumbent Sen. Bill Nelson (D) for Nelson's seat.

He entered the restaurant but only stayed about 10 minutes before he left to a booing crowd.


Classy
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 13834
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 558 times
Been thanked: 599 times

Re: Florida Politics.

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:10 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:


Classy


I'm all for people voicing their displeasure with our idiotic bureaucrats....but surely people realize when you make the private lives of our politicians shitty, you just get shittier politicians...please tell me people understand this?????
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 7011
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 378 times
Been thanked: 305 times

Re: Florida Politics.

Postby NYBF » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:07 am

Zarniwoop wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:
Classy


I'm all for people voicing their displeasure with our idiotic bureaucrats....but surely people realize when you make the private lives of our politicians shitty, you just get shittier politicians...please tell me people understand this?????


If I'm reading that correctly, it was a scheduled campaign stop? It wasn't like he was there eating dinner and everyone went crazy.
Image
User avatar
NYBF
 
Posts: 6471
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:46 am
Has thanked: 203 times
Been thanked: 531 times

PreviousNext

post

Return to Politics and Religion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Buc2, Google [Bot] and 16 guests