Immigration question for the Progressives

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
post

Re: Immigration question for the Progressives

Postby bucfanclw » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:42 am

mdb1958 wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:
so how are you going to make them pay the fine ?...they could(will) laugh at you


Make a trade deal with Great Britain and tell Mexico the highways are shutdown till they clean up the drugs, pay for the wall, and stop letting people come thru so easily...

You do realize that different countries have different exports, right?
User avatar
bucfanclw
 
Posts: 4070
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:09 pm
Location: I'm told Clewiston
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 164 times

Re: Immigration question for the Progressives

Postby Ken Carson » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:15 am

bucfanclw wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:
Make a trade deal with Great Britain and tell Mexico the highways are shutdown till they clean up the drugs, pay for the wall, and stop letting people come thru so easily...

You do realize that different countries have different exports, right?

You haven’t had a Manchester avocado?
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 3879
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 194 times

Re: Immigration question for the Progressives

Postby The Outsider » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:35 am

Ken Carson wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:You do realize that different countries have different exports, right?

You haven’t had a Manchester avocado?


That sounds like some sort of horrific yet tittilating sexual act.
Image
User avatar
The Outsider
 
Posts: 4886
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:02 pm
Location: Gettin' all up in ya
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 271 times

Re: Immigration question for the Progressives

Postby deltbucs » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:36 am

bucfanclw wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:
Make a trade deal with Great Britain and tell Mexico the highways are shutdown till they clean up the drugs, pay for the wall, and stop letting people come thru so easily...

You do realize that different countries have different exports, right?

The sad part is Trump could say mdb's exact quote at one of his pep rallies and the crowd would love it.
Image
deltbucs
 
Posts: 5401
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:28 pm
Has thanked: 219 times
Been thanked: 310 times

Re: Immigration question for the Progressives

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:39 am

bucfanclw wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:
Make a trade deal with Great Britain and tell Mexico the highways are shutdown till they clean up the drugs, pay for the wall, and stop letting people come thru so easily...

You do realize that different countries have different exports, right?



They couldnt last a month - we could.

Time to bitch slap all these mothers getting all uppity.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 10466
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 169 times
Been thanked: 100 times

Re: Immigration question for the Progressives

Postby The Outsider » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:40 am

mdb1958 wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:You do realize that different countries have different exports, right?



They couldnt last a month - we could.

Time to bitch slap these mothers getting all uppity.


Every time you post I realize that the depths of your idiocy are as endless as the void.
Image
User avatar
The Outsider
 
Posts: 4886
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:02 pm
Location: Gettin' all up in ya
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 271 times

Re: Immigration question for the Progressives

Postby bucfanclw » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:41 am

Ken Carson wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:You do realize that different countries have different exports, right?

You haven’t had a Manchester avocado?

No, but I've heard it goes great with a good Scottish coffee.
User avatar
bucfanclw
 
Posts: 4070
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:09 pm
Location: I'm told Clewiston
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 164 times

Re: Immigration question for the Progressives

Postby Ken Carson » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:19 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:You haven’t had a Manchester avocado?

No, but I've heard it goes great with a good Scottish coffee.

That's a recipe for a Cleveland Steamer.
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 3879
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 194 times

Re: Immigration question for the Progressives

Postby Buc2 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:32 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:I’ll be honest, I’d vote for MDB simply so I could watch CSpan more often

I'd imagine it would be like Rick Sanchez on a drunken rant.

Or Maxine Waters most any day.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 12320
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 997 times
Been thanked: 427 times

Re: Immigration question for the Progressives

Postby Jason Bourne » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:30 pm

deltbucs wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:
so how are you going to make them pay the fine ?...they could(will) laugh at you

We're going to make them pay the fine the same way that we're making them pay for the wall!


Lol
Jason Bourne
 
Posts: 5040
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:47 am
Location: Clearwater
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: Immigration question for the Progressives

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:56 pm

Buc2 wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:I'd imagine it would be like Rick Sanchez on a drunken rant.

Or Maxine Waters most any day.



Listen here old man, Maxine was over the edge.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 10466
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 169 times
Been thanked: 100 times

Re: Immigration question for the Progressives

Postby mdb1958 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:26 pm

Lethal Weapon 4 is on in case you want to review how Hollywood helped brainwashed ya.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 10466
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 169 times
Been thanked: 100 times

Re: Immigration question for the Progressives

Postby bucfanclw » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:45 pm

mdb1958 wrote:Lethal Weapon 4 is on in case you want to review how Hollywood helped brainwashed ya.

By being to old for this ****?
User avatar
bucfanclw
 
Posts: 4070
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:09 pm
Location: I'm told Clewiston
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 164 times

Re: Immigration question for the Progressives

Postby The Outsider » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:28 pm

I prefer Lethal Weapon 5.
Image
User avatar
The Outsider
 
Posts: 4886
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:02 pm
Location: Gettin' all up in ya
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 271 times

Re: Immigration question for the Progressives

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:27 pm

So what's everyone's thoughts on Trump's latest idea to say the 14th amendment doesn't apply to illegals and he is going to write an Executive Order overriding current precedent and not grant birthright citizenship to children of illegals?
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 6943
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 375 times
Been thanked: 302 times

Re: Immigration question for the Progressives

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:33 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:So what's everyone's thoughts on Trump's latest idea to say the 14th amendment doesn't apply to illegals and he is going to write an Executive Order overriding current precedent and not grant birthright citizenship to children of illegals?

I read he's specifically targeting birthright citizenship.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 5417
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 116 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: Immigration question for the Progressives

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:35 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:So what's everyone's thoughts on Trump's latest idea to say the 14th amendment doesn't apply to illegals and he is going to write an Executive Order overriding current precedent and not grant birthright citizenship to children of illegals?

I read he's specifically targeting birthright citizenship.



yes that is what it seems when i'm reading articles on it....if you aren't in the country legally the child isn't given citizenship even if born here.

if you are here legally ... even on a greencard, visa or even passport, the citizenship would still apply.
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 6943
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 375 times
Been thanked: 302 times

Re: Immigration question for the Progressives

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:37 pm

if he does do it through EO, I'm sure it will make its way up the SCOTUS. And arguments can definitely be made both ways (particularly after reading the history on Trumball and Howard - the original crafters of the ammendment). I do think he would likely lose though.
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 6943
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 375 times
Been thanked: 302 times

Re: Immigration question for the Progressives

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:39 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:if he does do it through EO, I'm sure it will make its way up the SCOTUS. And arguments can definitely be made both ways (particularly after reading the history on Trumball and Howard - the original crafters of the ammendment). I do think he would likely lose though.

I think he would lose, too. Especially if he tried to take all rights from illegals in general.

"nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 5417
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 116 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: Immigration question for the Progressives

Postby bucfanclw » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:41 pm

So a guy that made a big ordeal about whether or not Obama was born in the US wants to sign an EO that says being born in the US isn't important?
User avatar
bucfanclw
 
Posts: 4070
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:09 pm
Location: I'm told Clewiston
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 164 times

Re: Immigration question for the Progressives

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:44 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:if he does do it through EO, I'm sure it will make its way up the SCOTUS. And arguments can definitely be made both ways (particularly after reading the history on Trumball and Howard - the original crafters of the ammendment). I do think he would likely lose though.

I think he would lose, too. Especially if he tried to take all rights from illegals in general.

"nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."


While I agree that he would likely lose, it is interesting to read the original crafters.

To them it clearly didn't apply to everyone born within the US borders -- as Native Americans born on US soil were not extended this citizenship. From what I am gathering they seemed to suggest it only applied to people who had no claim against them from other countries/gov'ts/tribes.


---------

edit - and I don't think it would take all rights from illegals in the US....simply citizenship.
Last edited by Zarniwoop on Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 6943
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 375 times
Been thanked: 302 times

Re: Immigration question for the Progressives

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:45 pm

bucfanclw wrote:So a guy that made a big ordeal about whether or not Obama was born in the US wants to sign an EO that says being born in the US isn't important?


obviously it is important as it gives the overwhelming majority of people born in the US their citizenship.
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 6943
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 375 times
Been thanked: 302 times

Re: Immigration question for the Progressives

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:46 pm

bucfanclw wrote:So a guy that made a big ordeal about whether or not Obama was born in the US wants to sign an EO that says being born in the US isn't important?

That's a weird way to look at it.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 5417
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 116 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: Immigration question for the Progressives

Postby mightyleemoon » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:56 pm

bucfanclw wrote:So a guy that made a big ordeal about whether or not Obama was born in the US wants to sign an EO that says being born in the US isn't important?


wut?
User avatar
mightyleemoon
 
Posts: 3654
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:35 pm
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 189 times

Re: Immigration question for the Progressives

Postby bucfanclw » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:08 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:So a guy that made a big ordeal about whether or not Obama was born in the US wants to sign an EO that says being born in the US isn't important?

That's a weird way to look at it.

It's just something a bit silly. If he goes this way, what is to stop him from adding whatever other qualifications he wants? If he wants to argue that the parents shouldn't be granted residency, sure. But to try to strike down the entire concept of naturalization when he spent so much effort claiming Obama wasn't a naturalized citizen seems a bit off.
User avatar
bucfanclw
 
Posts: 4070
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:09 pm
Location: I'm told Clewiston
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 164 times

Re: Immigration question for the Progressives

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:27 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:That's a weird way to look at it.

It's just something a bit silly. If he goes this way, what is to stop him from adding whatever other qualifications he wants? If he wants to argue that the parents shouldn't be granted residency, sure. But to try to strike down the entire concept of naturalization when he spent so much effort claiming Obama wasn't a naturalized citizen seems a bit off.


I feel like you should take a moment and think about it for a second. It's actually pretty consistent.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 5417
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 116 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: Immigration question for the Progressives

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:31 pm

yea to me i see no contradiction.

in the end though...Trump coming out with this now is just like his rhetoric about Obama -- it's just to motivate people near an election. Once he got elected, he stopped with the Obama crap. He knows it will play to many R's ... particularly if the left engages with how racist it is.

In two weeks we won't hear anything about it again for 2 years.
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 6943
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 375 times
Been thanked: 302 times

Re: Immigration question for the Progressives

Postby Commander Bubbles » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:34 pm

I learned something new while watching Anderson Cooper on my break last night. I learned that anyone who is against “globalism” Is anti Semitic. Because, apparently, the term “globalist” is an anti Semitic slur. And, from what I can gather it is because Trump has called Soros, who is of Jewish descent, a globalist.

Weird, I always thought the term “globalist” referred to a person who advocated for open borders, and dissolving national divisions.
Last edited by Commander Bubbles on Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Commander Bubbles
 
Posts: 1244
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:27 am
Has thanked: 228 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: Immigration question for the Progressives

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:34 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:yea to me i see no contradiction.

in the end though...Trump coming out with this now is just like his rhetoric about Obama -- it's just to motivate people near an election. Once he got elected, he stopped with the Obama crap. He knows it will play to many R's ... particularly if the left engages with how racist it is.

In two weeks we won't hear anything about it again for 2 years.

ehh. He went on a tear last year writing EO's that just undid as many of Obama's EO's as possible. But I do agree that this is a stunt to get people talking about him and policy rather than the bombs and blood we started out this week with.

Job approval down 4 points this week btw.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 14758
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 160 times
Been thanked: 673 times

Re: Immigration question for the Progressives

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:38 pm

Commander Bubbles wrote:I learned something new while watching Anderson Cooper on my break last night.


Your first problem was watching cable news. :P :P
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 6943
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 375 times
Been thanked: 302 times

PreviousNext

post

Return to Politics and Religion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: PanteraCanes, Zarniwoop and 14 guests