Immigration question for the Progressives

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Immigration question for the Progressives

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:21 am

bucfanclw wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:
I dont feel like looking into it but did you know Texans can save damn near $1.50 a gal for gas by just crossing the border, why should they (Mexicans and Texans) get the gas price break while the rich milk our pockets.

Gas prices in Mexico are actually a bit higher than in the US. The only explanation for your $1.50 figure is that you're comparing our price per gallon with their price per liter.

I guess. I searched again saying by the gal and its $2.85.

I feel better now...
mdb1958

Postby Brazen331 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:15 am

Do any of our Progressive friends approve of Trump ending Obama’s catch-and-release policy? Or are Progressives lockstep in the belief that catch-and-release is good policy? Maybe we can find some common ground on this issue at least?
Brazen331

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:15 am

Brazen331 wrote:Do any of our Progressive friends approve of Trump ending Obama’s catch-and-release policy? Or are Progressives lockstep in the belief that catch-and-release is good policy? Maybe we can find some common ground on this issue at least?

He didn't end it. He said in a memo that he wants to end it.

The policy dates back to GWB who coined the term and Trump asked Mattis if the military had the facilities to detain immigrants. They don't and neither does the federal prison system Which was why the policy was enacted in the first place.

Trump is going to have to build internment camps or prisons to house these people if he wants them all incarcerated prior to deportation.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby deltbucs » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:54 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:Do any of our Progressive friends approve of Trump ending Obama’s catch-and-release policy? Or are Progressives lockstep in the belief that catch-and-release is good policy? Maybe we can find some common ground on this issue at least?

The policy dates back to GWB who coined the term and Trump asked Mattis if the military had the facilities to detain immigrants. They don't and neither does the federal prison system Which was why the policy was enacted in the first place.

Trump is going to have to build internment camps or prisons to house these people if he wants them all incarcerated prior to deportation.

Well, yeah, but Fox News told him it was all Obama's idea.
deltbucs

Postby Zarniwoop » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:39 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:

Catch and release is one of the stupidest policy our govt has (and that’s saying something as we have a boatload or stupid policies).

If we don’t have large enough detention centers to hold the illegals then we need to build them. And we need to greatly expedite their processing (either granting asylum or transporting them back to their home countries)

But as always the govt will do absolutely nothing because this issue drives voting for both bases
Zarniwoop

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:04 am

Zarniwoop wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:He didn't end it. He said in a memo that he wants to end it.

Catch and release is one of the stupidest policy our govt has (and that’s saying something as we have a boatload or stupid policies).

If we don’t have large enough detention centers to hold the illegals then we need to build them. And we need to greatly expedite their processing (either granting asylum or transporting them back to their home countries)

But as always the govt will do absolutely nothing because this issue drives voting for both bases

I don't think building prisons or internment camps is the solution because it'll cost billions.

Immigration reform that includes a guest worker program and path to citizenship costs far less, legitimizes the workers, and results in some tax revenue makes far more sense.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby mdb1958 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:12 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:

I don't think building prisons or internment camps is the solution because it'll cost billions.

Immigration reform that includes a guest worker program and path to citizenship costs far less, legitimizes the workers, and results in some tax revenue makes far more sense.

Wouldnt cost the Mexicans that much! Dont get nervous MB, but we could deport all the undesirable citizens out of the US and into Mexico and they would solve that problem really quick too.
mdb1958

Postby Zarniwoop » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:15 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:

I’m not sure what that exactly has to do with people who are caught illegally entering the country. Unless your policy has a 100% open border (is yours?), there will always be people who illegally cross. Those are the folks I’m talking about.
Zarniwoop

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:36 am

Zarniwoop wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:I don't think building prisons or internment camps is the solution because it'll cost billions.

I’m not sure what that exactly has to do with people who are caught illegally entering the country. Unless your policy has a 100% open border (is yours?), there will always be people who illegally cross. Those are the folks I’m talking about.

You want to incarcerate people caught illegally crossing the border. For how long? A year? 5 years? 30 days?

Where you gonna put em?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Brazen331 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:41 pm

deltbucs wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:He didn't end it. He said in a memo that he wants to end it.

Well, yeah, but Fox News told him it was all Obama's idea.

You know I worded that wrong. I really didn’t mean to imply that catch-and-release is ended. But just the act of talking about it is enough to get me excited. I guess we are going to have to wait for an illegal to set off a dirty bomb or commit some other devasting act before Progressives will ever consider anything but an open border.
Brazen331

Postby Zarniwoop » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:42 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:

You want to incarcerate people caught illegally crossing the border. For how long? A year? 5 years? 30 days?

Where you gonna put em?

I don’t want to incarcerate anyone. We can hold them until we get there status. If they claim asylum then will process them that way and see how it shakes out. As for the ones that are just crossing illegally, I don’t know what our current punishment is for that. They can be held to serve any sentence they get and then shipped back to their homeland. Or if there is no sentence they can just be deported back to their homeland.

My criticism of catch and release is that they should not be immediately released upon capture with the idea that they will then show up in an immigration court.
Zarniwoop

Postby Brazen331 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:51 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:You want to incarcerate people caught illegally crossing the border. For how long? A year? 5 years? 30 days?

Where you gonna put em?

I don’t want to incarcerate anyone. We can hold them until we get there status. If they claim asylum then will process them that way and see how it shakes out. As for the ones that are just crossing illegally, I don’t know what our current punishment is for that. They can be held to serve any sentence they get and then shipped back to their homeland. Or if there is no sentence they can just be deported back to their homeland.

My criticism of catch and release is that they should not be immediately released upon capture with the idea that they will then show up in an immigration court.

I thought the law was that we could send Mexicans back but had to do catch-and-release for Central Americans and people from the rest of the world but perhaps I’m wrong? Is it really the Progressive argument that it would be too expensive to not do catch-and-release?

Whenever a Liberal argues that they don’t want to do something because it would make the government spend too much money, you know they are not being exactly truthful. There has to be another reason why they don’t want to do it.
Brazen331

Postby Zarniwoop » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:13 pm

I don’t know how the catch abd release program is implemented and if they have special exemptions.

The fact is if someone doesn’t have the proper clearance to be in the US (whether it’s a green card, visa or passport) they should not be given access on the promise they show up to a later court date.
Zarniwoop

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:19 pm

Brazen331 wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:

I thought the law was that we could send Mexicans back but had to do catch-and-release for Central Americans and people from the rest of the world but perhaps I’m wrong? Is it really the Progressive argument that it would be too expensive to not do catch-and-release?

Whenever a Liberal argues that they don’t want to do something because it would make the government spend too much money, you know they are not being exactly truthful. There has to be another reason why they don’t want to do it.

Yeah. Liberals line up around the block to spend money on prisons.

Flush out your headgear.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Zarniwoop » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:21 pm

Brazen is half right about spending. The other half is that Rs don’t give a crap either. They only protest spending when it’s convenient and aligned with their hypocritical platforms
Zarniwoop

Postby Brazen331 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:29 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:I don’t know how the catch abd release program is implemented and if they have special exemptions.

The fact is if someone doesn’t have the proper clearance to be in the US (whether it’s a green card, visa or passport) they should not be given access on the promise they show up to a later court date.

Of course as it’s a de facto open border. It matters not if you hop the fence unseen or if a government official picks you up and gives you a ride, a shower, and a cookie before sending you on your merry way, it’s the same result.

Sorry if I was wrong about when this policy was implemented in my post before, but I really don’t see much difference between Obama and GWB so I will make this mistake again. Regarding immigration, there is NO space between these two.
Brazen331

Postby Alpha » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:36 pm

Brazen331 wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:

So what you're saying is that you really don't understand what the law is...but you're going to opine ignorantly, regardless.

And then you're going to deflect blame that you aren't really sure is warranted, on a political group that you may or may not, disagree with...based on said ignorance.

How ****ing stupid are you?

Asking for a friend...
Alpha

Postby Brazen331 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:10 am

Alpha wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:

So what you're saying is that you really don't understand what the law is...but you're going to opine ignorantly, regardless.

And then you're going to deflect blame that you aren't really sure is warranted, on a political group that you may or may not, disagree with...based on said ignorance.

Asking for a friend...

We actually do know what the law is, we were just discussing specific details within the law. I’m guessing if you bothered to read closer you could have grasped that concept, but you probably just got back from the bar and were just trying to be combative, like usual whenever you stumble upon by this forum.
Brazen331

Postby Alpha » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:39 am

Brazen331 wrote:I thought the law...

My bad.

When you posted THIS, I mistakenly thought you were ignorant of the law.

After re-reading your post...my initial reaction was confirmed.

:roll:

Really. You need to just drown yourself in the toilet. Dumb-fuck.
Alpha

Postby deltbucs » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:09 am

Alpha wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:

Asking for a friend...

Alpha, meet Brazen. Brazen, Alpha.
deltbucs

Postby NYBF » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:46 am

What if we just turned Texas into a giant prison?
NYBF

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:48 am

NYBF wrote:What if we just turned Texas into a giant prison?

I think California is a better option. Many of them are already there.

uscbucsfan

Postby NYBF » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:57 am

I've never been to prison, so I wouldn't know, but I imagined it would look a lot less like a campground.
NYBF

Postby Zarniwoop » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:59 am

Are we talking white collar prison or federal **** me in the ass prison?
Zarniwoop

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:00 am

NYBF wrote:I've never been to prison, so I wouldn't know, but I imagined it would look a lot less like a campground.

I feel like your camping experience is not the same as mine...
uscbucsfan

Postby bucfanclw » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:35 am

The border patrol has about 2000 jobs it can't fill. In fact, there's 100 less than last year. Kind of ironic that the agency in charge of keeping foreigners from stealing our jobs can't find a labor force to fill jobs.
bucfanclw

Postby RedLeader » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:50 am

bucfanclw wrote:The border patrol has about 2000 jobs it can't fill. In fact, there's 100 less than last year. Kind of ironic that the agency in charge of keeping foreigners from stealing our jobs can't find a labor force to fill jobs.

You do know the border patrol is not really an agency “in charge of keeping foreigners from stealing our jobs”... right?

Lol.
RedLeader

Postby bucfanclw » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:56 am

RedLeader wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:The border patrol has about 2000 jobs it can't fill. In fact, there's 100 less than last year. Kind of ironic that the agency in charge of keeping foreigners from stealing our jobs can't find a labor force to fill jobs.

You do know the border patrol is not really an agency “in charge of keeping foreigners from stealing our jobs”... right?

Lol.

So what agency does that? Is there not an agency tasked with stopping illegal immigration?
bucfanclw

Postby Zarniwoop » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:21 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
NYBF wrote:I've never been to prison, so I wouldn't know, but I imagined it would look a lot less like a campground.

I feel like your camping experience is not the same as mine...

Were you a Webelo?

:P
Zarniwoop

Postby bucfanclw » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:33 am

Zarniwoop wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:I feel like your camping experience is not the same as mine...

Were you a Webelo?

:P

I had the same thought. I remember a couple jamborees looking pretty close to that picture at the Weeki Wachee campground.
bucfanclw

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion