Immigration question for the Progressives

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Immigration question for the Progressives

Postby deltbucs » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:54 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:Are we talking white collar prison or federal **** me in the ass prison?

What would you do if you had a million dollars?
deltbucs

Postby The Outsider » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:38 pm

deltbucs wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:Are we talking white collar prison or federal **** me in the ass prison?

What would you do if you had a million dollars?

I'll tell you what I'd do man, two chicks at the same time, man.
The Outsider

Postby Rocker » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:14 pm

Hey Peter! They’re showing breast exams on channel 9!
Rocker

Postby RedLeader » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:10 am

RedLeader

Postby The Outsider » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:49 am

The Outsider

Postby Alpha » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:18 pm

deltbucs wrote:
Alpha wrote:
So what you're saying is that you really don't understand what the law is...but you're going to opine ignorantly, regardless.

And then you're going to deflect blame that you aren't really sure is warranted, on a political group that you may or may not, disagree with...based on said ignorance.

How ****ing stupid are you?

Asking for a friend...

Alpha, meet Brazen. Brazen, Alpha.

In the interim, I've seen this retard's posts.

He's too busy figuring out the meaning of his dogma to be concerned with actual FACTS.

He just spouts **** without any actual KNOWLEDGE.

Typical Trumpian. Ignorant. Uneducated.

Typical keyboard warrior. He'd never even CONSIDER spewing his ignorance in public because he'd be proven for the fool he is. Instead, he sits in mom's basement, where he can live gloriously in all of his mouth-breathing anonymity...
Alpha

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:02 am

Alpha, I'm curious, what Alma Mater taught you to spew hatred almost constantly?
mdb1958

Postby Ken Carson » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:31 am

It’s really fun to read Alpha’s post in Trump’s voice, because his cadence and style fit perfectly.
Ken Carson

Postby The Outsider » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:20 am

Alpha is truly an artist of prose.
The Outsider

Postby deltbucs » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:21 am

mdb1958 wrote:Alpha, I'm curious, what Alma Mater taught you to spew hatred almost constantly?

So you're concerned about some random dude on a message board spewing hatred almost constantly, but you have no concern about the president doing it.
deltbucs

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:29 am

Curious isnt concerned

Delta - self anointed spin artist. A sickness of epidemic proportions. Please dont misconstrue this as hatred, just pointing out facts.

Thank you, good day sir.
mdb1958

Postby deltbucs » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:01 am

mdb1958 wrote:Curious isnt concerned

Delta - self anointed spin artist. A sickness of epidemic proportions. Please dont misconstrue this as hatred, just pointing out facts.

Thank you, good day sir.

The point still stands
deltbucs

Postby Buc2 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:21 am

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby bucfanclw » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:00 am

Buc2 wrote:Image

Yeah, but for that matter this is also accurate.

Also works for Comey.
bucfanclw

Postby Buc2 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:07 am

Never seen Brazen lose his **** like Alpha does. So your attempt at, I know I am but what are you, was a total fail.

Feel free to try again.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby bucfanclw » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:11 am

Buc2 wrote:Never seen Brazen lose his **** like Alpha does.

Ok that was funny. I'm prepping for a flight to Memphis this morning so I needed a good laugh. Thanks.
bucfanclw

Postby Buc2 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:59 am

bucfanclw wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Never seen Brazen lose his **** like Alpha does.

Ok that was funny. I'm prepping for a flight to Memphis this morning so I needed a good laugh. Thanks.

I thought your sad attempt to paint them with the same brush was pretty funny too. We're quite the comedic duo.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Brazen331 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:05 am

I am undocumented. If you want to deport an undocumented person start with me.
— Andrew Cuomo

How did the state of New York elect an illegal alien Governor?
Brazen331

Postby deltbucs » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:55 am

Brazen331 wrote:I am undocumented. If you want to deport an undocumented person start with me.
— Andrew Cuomo

Because Obama and the libtards want illegals to come in and take over the country!
deltbucs

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:17 pm

deltbucs wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:I am undocumented. If you want to deport an undocumented person start with me.
— Andrew Cuomo

Because Obama and the libtards want illegals to come in and take over the country!

Sweden, United Kingdom, and Germany are pretty good examples. Hawaii is fastly becoming a shitrag.
mdb1958

Postby The Outsider » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:21 pm

mdb1958 wrote:
deltbucs wrote:Because Obama and the libtards want illegals to come in and take over the country!

Sweden, United Kingdom, and Germany are pretty good examples. Hawaii is fastly becoming a shitrag.

Sweden is having some problems but they're working them out. It's not nearly as bad as you seem to think.

And Hawaii has always been kind of a shitrag unless you're rich. Especially if you're white. Some of the locals still don't really like white people.
The Outsider

Postby RedLeader » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:22 pm

The Outsider wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:

Sweden is having some problems but they're working them out. It's not nearly as bad as you seem to think.

And Hawaii has always been kind of a shitrag unless you're rich. Especially if you're white. Some of the locals still don't really like white people.

Me thinks you might be downplaying the issues in Sweden a wee bit.
RedLeader

Postby The Outsider » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:31 pm

RedLeader wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

Me thinks my information comes from a Swede in Gothenburg whom I've known for 23 years. It was way worse 3 or 4 years ago than it is now because their government is finally admitting that they have a problem and are at least trying to figure it out.

I'm not trying to downplay anything.
The Outsider

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:06 pm

The Outsider wrote:
RedLeader wrote:

Me thinks my information comes from a Swede in Gothenburg whom I've known for 23 years. It was way worse 3 or 4 years ago than it is now because their government is finally admitting that they have a problem and are at least trying to figure it out.

I'm thinking "rust" is a good word, it dont go away, you have to cut it out.
mdb1958

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:43 pm

The Outsider wrote:
RedLeader wrote:

I’m glad they are working on it, Sweden is a great country and the Swedes are good people from my experience and travels.

The level of multinationalism that Western Europe tried for the last 15 to 20 years (longer in some places like France) was a disaster. It was a utopian nightmare.

As much as people don’t want to admit it, the idea of nationr relies on shared values and culture.
Zarniwoop

Postby The Outsider » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:39 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

I’m glad they are working on it, Sweden is a great country and the Swedes are good people from my experience and travels.

The level of multinationalism that Western Europe tried for the last 15 to 20 years (longer in some places like France) was a disaster. It was a utopian nightmare.

As much as people don’t want to admit it, the idea of nationr relies on shared values and culture.

I agree with that last point. Though I don't necessarily think it is a bad thing that other countries are ambitious enough to try to progress beyond that bit of human nature.

It is something we'll have to shed at one point or another.
The Outsider

Postby beardmcdoug » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:59 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:
Thanks. That's what my suspicion was and that's what it felt like, I just didn't want to jump to conclusions (I've been pretty tuned out from news for the past week for whatever reason).

I agree with your perspective.

Again, I'll post this video again for every "open-borders" liberal or frankly anybody who is interested in making policy decisions based off of objective figures rather than emotional media propaganda pieces:

If you hate the video - please, somebody refute it. The final comment summarizes what we're seeing now with Mexico, and many other nations:

To not necessarily anyone on this board, but to the stereotypical person who would freak out at that comment: spare me your virtue signalling and wake up to the cruel reality - the incredibly unfair reality - of existence on earth, and understand the nature of the cards that have been dealt to humanity. The suffering, the imbalance - all of it is fundamentally connected to our entire existence as biological creatures jostling for resources and space through time. This is not some new age problem that we'll solve if we spread the love. This is a problem that will ONLY be solved by the ****ing miracle of people looking around at one another and saying "I'm ****ing sick of this ****" and doing exactly what the forefathers of this country did - band together, fight and claw their way towards building a better society around them. It just doesn't *happen*.

You can call me an armchair historian, or say "what do you know about struggle like that" - I don't, personally. Not THAT type. But I'm not so disrespectful to ignore the blood, struggle and ingenuity of millions of humans to just say the result - a better life for their fellow man - was due to anything other than pure effort, sacrifice, and commitment to their fellow man and their peoples' future.

Everybody that sits in a civilized nation in 2018 stands on the back of those that made those sacrifices before your time. Everybody who sits in an uncivilized or downtrodden nation, unfortunately, had the bad luck of being born in a geographical location where such sacrifice occurred so long ago that it's effects are no longer felt, or in a place where they never happened in the first place. And with the power of the internet and all the technology of the modern age, what reason do you have to not be the first to do so in a region? Can you imagine anything more glorious for a group of humans to achieve?

I'm your Huckleberry.

Your last paragraph is absolutely correct. With technology exponentially growing we'll eventually get to the point where a minimum standard of living around the globe will be essentially the same insofar as square foot per person, per dwelling, availability of fresh water/internal plumbing, electricity, availability of food, education, medical care, and entertainment. The problem is is that for all the tech improvements that have been made, extraordinarily large portions of the world population are in absolute poverty. And as you pointed out, lots of people in those circumstances are saying "**** this ****" and going to a place they think will provide them a better life. The solution is obvious. "Raise the global standard of living"

No. I'm not saying the US government should devote vast swaths of money to the third world to end global poverty. That's nuts. But what we can do is proliferate this technology as quickly as possible through other means. I do not pretend to know exactly how to do this, but plenty of silicon valley types are working on this very thing from solar, to biofuel, to low cost water treatment and so on.

This has been going on for quite some time and is getting better all the time. In 1981, it was estimated that 44% of the global population was in extreme poverty and is estimated to be just under 10% today. Illegal immigration peaked around 1999 and has been declining ever since.

Check this out.

Mexicans are largely staying home these days. Why? Because Mexico has a 1 trillion dollar economy with an unemployment rate of 3.8% Why leave Mexico if you're Mexican?

Now I didn't solve the entire problem for you in 3 easy steps, but it is clear to me that if we want to put an end to these little interment camps and broke Hispanics in the Home Depot parking lot, improving the standard of living in at the very least this hemisphere is a far better answer than a stupid wall.

Moving MB and I's back and forth to here. Seems like this is really reaching a fever pitch now. Got 5 ex-first lady's condemning the "family separation" thing.

How about this? How about you don't put your child in danger by trying to illegally cross the border with them in tow?

How is that at ALL the State's fault? What the hell happened to weighing consequences of your actions and behaving accordingly? I mean this is a freaking joke...
beardmcdoug

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:25 pm

There seems to be 3 major loopholes that are being exploited that lead to this "family separation" issue at the southern border. I'd encourage everyone to understand the loopholes and stats associated with each over the past decade to realize how these loopholes are being exploited.

But first, there needs to be an agreement on the fundamental principle that America is a sovereign country and thus has the right to border security. Once we all agree on that then an honest discussion on immigration reform is possible.

People are using the loopholes in our own laws against us to circumvent the legal immigration process. These loopholes allow them to either cut the line, or outright gain access illegally.

Nobody wants children separated from their actual parents or legal guardians. If families are caught crossing the border illegally and can prove they are actually related (a real family) they are not separated. But the legislation that allows for family separation was inpart put in place to mitigate human trafficking and protect children from being used by smugglers.
DreadNaught

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:37 pm

If we can actually secure our border and allow border agents and then later ICE to do their jobs, I am all for doubling legal immigration....I've wrote about this before and even talked about more than doubling immigration in times where the economy is booming (like it is now) and there are jobs aplenty for people coming here.

But until this ridiculous game of emotional tugging of the heart strings for political advantage is culled, we will never have a serious discussion...and shame on anyone who partakes in that nonsense.

As DN said, until we can recognize our sovereignty and understand that people who try to enter our country illegal are criminals that are breaking the law and they deserve to be treated as such (regardless of the nobility of their intent to create a better life for their kids and themselves) Immigration will be nothing more than a political toy. And that's really ****ing sad, because there are millions of families that try to do it the right way that are getting fucked by people doing it the wrong way.
Zarniwoop

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:43 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:If we can actually secure our border and allow border agents and then later ICE to do their jobs, I am all for doubling legal immigration....I've wrote about this before and even talked about more than doubling immigration in times where the economy is booming (like it is now) and there are jobs aplenty for people coming here.

But until this ridiculous game of emotional tugging of the heart strings for political advantage is culled, we will never have a serious discussion...and shame on anyone who partakes in that nonsense.

As DN said, until we can recognize our sovereignty and understand that people who try to enter our country illegal are criminals that are breaking the law and they deserve to be treated as such (regardless of the nobility of their intent to create a better life for their kids and themselves) Immigration will be nothing more than a political toy. And that's really ****ing sad, because there are millions of families that try to do it the right way that are getting fucked by people doing it the wrong way.

No argument with your sentiment and I've heard a lot of conservatives echo that sentiment with regards to increasing or even doubling legal immigration which is good.

But there needs to to be a clear, concise, non-partisan message to the President that what is happening right now is NOT the way it should be dealt with.
Mountaineer Buc

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion