**OFFICIAL 'FORTY-FIVE' DISCUSSION THREAD**

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: **OFFICIAL 'FORTY-FIVE' DISCUSSION THREAD**

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:06 pm

I figured you would be outraged over something so stupid.
uscbucsfan

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:13 pm

I was always under the impression security clearance was on a “need to know” basis and based on your current administrative position. If you didn’t have a formal position or weren’t being used as a consultant you simply didn’t need to know.

I hope Trump and every subsequent president strips security clearance of all former employees.
Zarniwoop

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:16 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:I was always under the impression security clearance was on a “need to know” basis and based on your current administrative position. If you didn’t have a formal position or weren’t being used as a consultant you simply didn’t need to know.

I hope Trump and every subsequent president strips security clearance of all former employees.

It usually expires.TS is 5 years, Secret is 10, Confidential 15. You usually have it until it runs out, but he doesn't need it. I think the battle between the two of them is dumb and petty, but this is not a big deal.
uscbucsfan

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:19 pm

so when someone leaves their position and they still have the clearance what kind of access do they have to material? I’m hoping that at least is extremely limited if not non-existent
Zarniwoop

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:22 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:so when someone leaves their position and they still have the clearance what kind of access do they have to material? I’m hoping that at least is extremely limited if not non-existent

None, but they could again if they got a job that's utilizes a clearance easier. I haven't worked on clearances in years, but I heard that people were proposing dropping from a TS to a Secret when leaving their position or branch. Basically they didn't want to fund outgoing officer's civilian TS screenings.
uscbucsfan

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:23 pm

Cool. Thanks for clarifying
Zarniwoop

Postby RedLeader » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:25 pm

Those security clearances can be worth quite a bit in the private sector...
RedLeader

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:29 pm

RedLeader wrote:Those security clearances can be worth quite a bit in the private sector...

Absolutely. Especially with the backlogs.
uscbucsfan

Postby Rocker » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:39 pm

Anytime I see an “Occupy” watermark, I’m immediately turned off.
Rocker

Postby Babeinbucland » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:40 pm

RedLeader wrote:Those security clearances can be worth quite a bit in the private sector...

Exactly. And So hell has frozen over-

In addition, being stripped of it limits future employment opportunities. This sociopath of a president is playing with people’s lives in order to exact his petty revenge. It is despicable and degrades the office even more if that is even possible
Babeinbucland

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:50 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:

In addition, being stripped of it limits future employment opportunities. This sociopath of a president is playing with people’s lives in order to exact his petty revenge. It is despicable and degrades the office even more if that is even possible

They don't care, Babe.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby RedLeader » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:10 pm

Lol. You guys and your faux outrage are so obvious.
RedLeader

Postby Ken Carson » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:39 am

Babeinbucland wrote:

Brennan makes a living off going on TV and criticizing Trump. Didn’t he even call him a traitor? This is completely unsurprising, and honestly does not reflect as poorl on Trump as you wish it did.

Most, like me, were unaware that former directors kept clearances, since all my access gets revoked when I leave a job and I don’t deal with top secret info. When you learn that they usually do and find out the reason (to consult with current admin or work in a private defense job) and pair that with the fact that Brennan is currently a paid talking head to criticize Trump, it seems totally reasonable that the administration would revoke the unnecessary clearance of a political enemy. How is Brennan’s clearance ever going to help this country? That is all that should matter here.
Ken Carson

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:21 am

Ken Carson wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:Exactly. And So hell has frozen over-

Brennan makes a living off going on TV and criticizing Trump. Didn’t he even call him a traitor? This is completely unsurprising, and honestly does not reflect as poorl on Trump as you wish it did.

Most, like me, were unaware that former directors kept clearances, since all my access gets revoked when I leave a job and I don’t deal with top secret info. When you learn that they usually do and find out the reason (to consult with current admin or work in a private defense job) and pair that with the fact that Brennan is currently a paid talking head to criticize Trump, it seems totally reasonable that the administration would revoke the unnecessary clearance of a political enemy. How is Brennan’s clearance ever going to help this country? That is all that should matter here.

I read that they continuously renew former top advisers security clearances in case the administration needs to call them in for advice/their opinion/their recollection of events. I think it's safe to say that wasn't going to happen here.
uscbucsfan

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:57 am

There's a difference between having a clearance and being "read on". Just because someone has a clearance doesn't mean they have access to every piece of information at that classification level.

So when Brennan gets his clearance revoked its like your ex wife changing the locks after the divorce. Big deal.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Buc2 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:22 am

Babeinbucland wrote:
HamBone wrote:
Ok drama troll...

Wow you sure told me the truth

booga booga trump booga booga!
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby RedLeader » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:13 pm

RedLeader

Postby Brazen331 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:07 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:There's a difference between having a clearance and being "read on". Just because someone has a clearance doesn't mean they have access to every piece of information at that classification level.

So when Brennan gets his clearance revoked its like your ex wife changing the locks after the divorce. Big deal.

Are you sure about that? I think security clearances are only extended for a minuscule amount of people such as former department heads. It"s not like every former CIA agent gets one and I can't see someone denying someone like Michael Hayden access to what he wants to see. He used to head the CIA after all.

As far as this Communist toad, there will be a few millions he won't be able to cash in on in the private sector. Without his clearance he won't be able to demand as much money.

I think every security clearance should be revoked once you leave government. That way you won't have people like Sandy Berger going into the National Archives and removing information proving that Bill Clinton turned down an opportunity to apprehend Bin Laden before 9/11 for example.
Last edited by Brazen331 on Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brazen331

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:09 pm

Brazen331 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:There's a difference between having a clearance and being "read on". Just because someone has a clearance doesn't mean they have access to every piece of information at that classification level.

Are you sure about that? I think security clearances are only extended for a minuscule amount of people such as former department heads. It"s not like every former CIA agent gets one and I can't see someone denying someone like Michael Hayden access to what he wants to see. He used to head the CIA after all.

As far as this Communist toad, there will be a few millions he won't be able to cash in on in the private sector. Without his clearance he won't be able to demand as much money.

Classified information is compartmentalized. So yeah, I'm pretty sure about that.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Jason Bourne » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:11 pm

Awesome response to our Unfit Potus by General Mcraven ...

Here take my clearance ..
Lol. Trump Is a national embarrassment

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/08/16/poli ... index.html
Jason Bourne

Postby Babeinbucland » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:37 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:I figured you would be outraged over something so stupid.

Yeah. Something so stupid.

William H. McRaven, a retired Navy admiral, was commander of the U.S. Joint Special Operations Command from 2011 to 2014. He oversaw the 2011 Navy SEAL raid in Pakistan that killed al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.
“Dear Mr. President:
Former CIA director John Brennan, whose security clearance you revoked on Wednesday, is one of the finest public servants I have ever known. Few Americans have done more to protect this country than John. He is a man of unparalleled integrity, whose honesty and character have never been in question, except by those who don’t know him.
Therefore, I would consider it an honor if you would revoke my security clearance as well, so I can add my name to the list of men and women who have spoken up against your presidency.
Like most Americans, I had hoped that when you became president, you would rise to the occasion and become the leader this great nation needs.
A good leader tries to embody the best qualities of his or her organization. A good leader sets the example for others to follow. A good leader always puts the welfare of others before himself or herself.
Your leadership, however, has shown little of these qualities. Through your actions, you have embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation.
If you think for a moment that your McCarthy-era tactics will suppress the voices of criticism, you are sadly mistaken. The criticism will continue until you become the leader we prayed you would be.
Babeinbucland

Postby Brazen331 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:36 am

You Liberals have conveniently forgot that this POS was spying on Feinstein and another Dems but I guess all is forgiven as long as you are against Trump. But do keep rallying around this corrupt criminal; Brennan is going to be exposed for what he is.
Brazen331

Postby Brazen331 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:55 am

Jason Bourne wrote:Awesome response to our Unfit Potus by General Mcraven ...

Are you surprised to find a Liberal General? The US Military has an Affirmstive Action program just like virtually every other government agency. They have quotas to meet so we’ll always have a few token Libs make it that high.
Brazen331

Postby Jason Bourne » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:09 am

Brazen331 wrote:

Are you surprised to find a Liberal General? The US Military has an Affirmstive Action program just like virtually every other government agency. They have quotas to meet so we’ll always have a few token Libs make it that high.

yeah what does he know about anything ?

Awards and decorations
U.S. Navy SEALs Special Warfare insignia.png Special Warfare insignia
United States Navy Parachutist Badge.png Naval Parachutist insignia
US - Presidential Service Badge.png Presidential Service Badge
United States Special Operations Command Insignia.svg United States Special Operations Command Badge
Bronze oak leaf clusterBronze oak leaf cluster Defense Distinguished Service Medal with two bronze oak leaf clusters
Bronze oak leaf cluster Defense Superior Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Gold star Legion of Merit with one gold award star
Gold star Bronze Star Medal with gold award star
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Gold starGold starGold star Meritorious Service Medal with three gold award stars
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal
Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal
Combat Action Ribbon
Bronze starBronze star Navy Unit Commendation with two bronze service stars
National Intelligence Distinguished Public Service Medal
Navy "E" Ribbon
Bronze star National Defense Service Medal with bronze service star
Bronze starBronze starBronze star Southwest Asia Service Medal with three bronze service stars
Afghanistan Campaign Medal ribbon.svg Afghanistan Campaign Medal
Iraq Campaign Medal ribbon.svg Iraq Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal ribbon.svg Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Navy Sea Service Deployment Ribbon
Navy and Marine Corps Overseas Service Ribbon
Kuwait Liberation Medal (Saudi Arabia) ribbon.svg Kuwait Liberation Medal (Saudi Arabia)
Kuwait Liberation Medal (Kuwait) ribbon.svg Kuwait Liberation Medal (Kuwait)
U.S. Navy Expert Rifleman Ribbon.svg Navy Expert Rifleman Medal
U.S. Navy Expert Pistol Shot Ribbon.svg Navy Expert Pistol Shot Me[/img]
Jason Bourne

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:54 am

This faux outrage over a retired general and EX CIA official is absurd and you fools parroting it are nothing more than wind-up toys.

Security clearances are based on need and job function. Neither apply to Brennan or this virtue signaling General since neither work for the Government.

Why does Brennan need a clearance? If the government requires his expertise they can always read him in and grant him access.

Stories like this are what is wrong with this manufactured outrage culture. People aren't even going to know when a real scandal occurs because you mindless chicken littles act like the world is ending everyday. It's like the Resistance never read Aesop's fable 'The boy who cried wolf'.
DreadNaught

Postby HamBone » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:22 am

If this "General" is so ****ing smart...why is he in the Navy? lol...
HamBone

Postby bucfanclw » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:41 am

The only thing that I'm wondering about security clearances is how the hell does Flynn still have his?
bucfanclw

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:11 am

bucfanclw wrote:The only thing that I'm wondering about security clearances is how the hell does Flynn still have his?

Does he? If so he shouldn't imo.

Here is the thing w/ security clearances, they are all temporary and must be renewed based on the level. For TS and TS/SCI it's every 2 years where a new SF86 is filled out and interview is conducted. Like I stated earlier this is based on NEED and JOB FUNCTION. So for people that are retired and otherwise not working for the DoD/Government I don't see the justification. I realize that there is some type of courtesy for certain senior officers, senior intelligence and former administration officials once they retire. But that seems antithetical to the intent of having clearances where the principle guideline of the program is to constrict access based on a "need to know".

If you're retired you no longer work with sensitive material thus have no justification for a clearance. In matters where your expertise or past experience/knowledge would be deemed of value for a current situation you can be easily 'read in' on the matter, which is done all the time.

It's sad the security clearances have become a partisan issue, and Trump deserves some blame for that. But this notion that Brennan is owed a clearance or that revoking a clearance is some type of attack is absurd.
DreadNaught

Postby Jason Bourne » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:22 am

HamBone wrote:

If this "General" is so ****ing smart...why is he in the Navy? lol...

because the admiral is smarter than the op (a trained CIA assassin)
Jason Bourne

Postby Babeinbucland » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:13 am

Yep ya’ll must be so proud of your boy. Vote for him harder.

Babeinbucland

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion