**OFFICIAL 'FORTY-FIVE' DISCUSSION THREAD**

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: **OFFICIAL 'FORTY-FIVE' DISCUSSION THREAD**

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:07 am

Buc2 wrote:Typical responses from the left.

What would you like us to do? Use this instance as the basis for dismissing the Muller investigation?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Buc2 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:11 am

I guess expecting you to do what you would have done if it were a Dem in the WH is too much to ask.
Moving along...
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:17 am

Buc2 wrote:I guess expecting you to do what you would have done if it were a Dem in the WH is too much to ask.
Moving along...

Oh!

[clears throat]

"Where the **** are the minimum wage hikes, Mr. President?"
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Brazen331 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:09 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Buc2 wrote:I guess expecting you to do what you would have done if it were a Dem in the WH is too much to ask.
Moving along...

Oh!

[clears throat]

"Where the **** are the minimum wage hikes, Mr. President?"

Why do you think the basic income program in Ontario, Canada was not able to succeed? Pardon me, if you are not familiar with it but I I just assume you are because you discuss this subject a lot.
Brazen331

Postby deltbucs » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:09 am

He takes a couple trips to Maralago and he makes that much money off of tax payers. I'm glad the money (probably) went to a good place, but color me unimpressed by this publicity stunt.
deltbucs

Postby Rocker » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:19 am

deltbucs wrote:He takes a couple trips to Maralago and he makes that much money off of tax payers. I'm glad the money (probably) went to a good place, but color me unimpressed by this publicity stunt.

Pretty much this. If he’d just stay away from ANY media at all - social, fake, or otherwise....
Rocker

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:31 am

I'm waiting for a reporter to ask Trump about the war in Wakanda and what the US should do about it.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby RedLeader » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:39 am

deltbucs wrote:He takes a couple trips to Maralago and he makes that much money off of tax payers. I'm glad the money (probably) went to a good place, but color me unimpressed by this publicity stunt.

What publicity?? I didnt see it reported anywhere the last few days...

Wasnt even tweeted. Lol.
RedLeader

Postby Babeinbucland » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:21 am

Ken Carson wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:
So you want a reasonable person with a clear agenda but you don’t know who would define that now? Did I get it?

No, I'm saying that the mainstream politicians our party is putting out either have an unreasonable agenda or lack a clear agenda.

Bill Clinton ran on issues and took stances on them that led to the passage of laws. Who is doing that today in our party?

I certainly could list some wonderful people that are doing that. But let’s face it you’re not really a Democrat and there’s no one I could list, and no progressive issue I could list, that you’re going to see is a reasonable person or a great platform. That’s why asked you to list it. By not being able to do that you prove my point.
Last edited by Babeinbucland on Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Babeinbucland

Postby Babeinbucland » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:22 am

RedLeader wrote:In case you missed it:

Donald Trump just donated his entire $400,000 salary to the Department of the Interior where it is being used to construct and repair military cemeteries.

Wow thats great! Now show me the link that PROVES he did this, not just said it
Babeinbucland

Postby Rocker » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:50 am

Considering everyone from “therightscoop” to MSNBC is reporting it, think we can put this to bed.
Rocker

Postby HamBone » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:53 am

Babeinbucland wrote: But let’s face it you’re not really a Democrat

He's a DINO? lol
HamBone

Postby RedLeader » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:16 am

Babeinbucland wrote:
RedLeader wrote:In case you missed it:

Donald Trump just donated his entire $400,000 salary to the Department of the Interior where it is being used to construct and repair military cemeteries.

Wow thats great! Now show me the link that PROVES he did this, not just said it

Lol. At least you think it’s great.

#progress
RedLeader

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:17 am

HamBone wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote: But let’s face it you’re not really a Democrat

He's a DINO? lol

Is that code for a critical thinker on the left?

:P
Zarniwoop

Postby HamBone » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:22 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Typical responses from the left.

What would you like us to do? Use this instance as the basis for dismissing the Muller investigation?

Speaking of the Mueller investigation

Judge Ellis Loses Patience with Mueller Prosecutors and Ends Court Early Over Screw-Up

Paul Manafort‘s third day on trial over charges of bank fraud and tax evasion was cut a bit short on Thursday after government attorneys made the same mistake twice in a row.

The last witness called to the stand was J. Philip Ayliff, a certified public accountant (CPA) at Paul Manafort’s long-serving tax-preparation agency, Kositzka, Wicks and Co. (KWC), of Richmond, Virginia. As time inched along during the last witness’s testimony, nothing of particular interest seemed to be occurring at all.

Ayliff was mostly providing foundational testimony regarding the basic functions of a tax-preparation company. Prosecutors then moved on to specifics and attempted to “publish” one of Manafort’s e-file forms. Judge T.S. Ellis III‘s weariness all but amazed the courtroom as he denied the request–complete with an actual and pronounced finger-wag–before shouting: No! You move it along!

(It probably hadn’t helped matters that court had just minutes ago returned from a lengthy recess due to the prosecution calling Ayliff out of the witness order provided to both the court and the defense. But as Judge Ellis noted yesterday, he has “a long memory.”)

Composing themselves again, the prosecution moved slowly forward before asking Ayliff to define the term “financial interest.” Ayliff began to answer the question but was immediately cut off by Ellis who noted that Ayliff was not a noticed expert. The defense then belatedly objected, prompting a quick and sarcastic dressing-down from the judge–but it was again the prosecution’s turn for scorn.

Static filled the courtroom as the longest bench conference of the day ensued. Upon returning to Ayliff’s testimony, the jury learned that the issue had been deferred until Friday–if ever. Then, Assistant U.S. Attorney Uzo Asonye asked about another term of art contained on federal tax forms

Judge Ellis, who was already standing by this point, advised Ayliff to wait and announced the court would recess early.

After the jury left, Ellis took a few minutes to tell the press and public all about the bench conference. As it turns out, not only was Ayliff a non-noticed witness being asked to give the equivalent of expert testimony, but the prosecution and defense had already agreed on what the term “financial interest” meant. Moreover, this agreement was provided on a proposed–and approved–jury instruction.

That is, not only was Ayliff not an expert and not a noticed expert as necessitated by the Federal Rules of Evidence–but his testimony had the potential to derail an already-agreed-upon definition of the term(s) in question. This, Ellis said, could have “confused or clouded” things for the jury.

Judge in Manafort Trial Has a Sharp Wit, Sharp Tongue

Judge in Manafort's financial-fraud trial brings short fuse and sharp wit to the proceedings for Trump's ex-campaign chief.

By CALVIN WOODWARD, Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) — "I'm not in the theater business," Judge T.S. Ellis asserted during jury selection in Paul Manafort's financial fraud trial. "You have to be better-looking for that."

Objection, Your Honor.

The trial of President Donald Trump's former campaign chairman has plenty of drama and it's coming from the judge.

Easily exasperated, and with a sharp wit, the U.S. district judge called out attorneys for both sides this week when he heard they'd been rolling their eyes, apparently at him. The judge judged their expressions to mean, "Why do we have to put up with this idiot judge?"

Privately, lawyers who have appeared before him say Thomas Selby Ellis III likes to be seen as the smartest person in the courtroom, not a huge leap for a judge. With his Princeton-Harvard-Oxford education and experience spanning consequential cases in an era of war and terrorism — "American Taliban" John Walker Lindh's among them — Ellis is known to cut lawyers down to size, sometimes subtly, sometimes not so much.

That's what happened when Justice Department attorney Michael Dreeben, a legend in legal circles, appeared at a pre-trial hearing in the Manafort case. As soon as Dreeben began making his arguments for the prosecution, Ellis cut in — "Would you spell your name for the record?" That's not a question he asks others appearing in his Washington-area Eastern District of Virginia court.

In the Manafort trial, Ellis, 78, is trying to keep a handle on a case that centers on the Trump associate's consulting work for wealthy Ukrainian clients and whether he fraudulently hid millions from banks and the IRS. It stems from special counsel Robert Mueller's broad investigation into Russia's interference in the 2016 election and any collusion between Russians and the Trump campaign.

It's not about Trump or Russia, but that matter is the elephant in the room.

In the pretrial hearing where Dreeben's presence made waves, Ellis supposed that the Manafort case was really about the government trying to make the defendant "sing" on Russia and the Trump campaign. Prosecutors "don't really care" about Manafort, he said, but instead care about getting information from him to go after Trump.

That delighted the president, who called the judge "really something very special" in an NRA speech in May.

But Trump's opinion about people can turn on a dime, and this week, without identifying the judge, he blasted the decision by Ellis to house Manafort in solitary confinement, a move the prosecution says was to keep him safe. Trump suggested the justice system might be treating Manafort more harshly than it did Al Capone, the legendary mob boss who went crazy in Alcatraz.

An immigrant from Bogota, Colombia, Ellis came to the bench in 1987, nominated by President Ronald Reagan after an early career as a Navy aviator in the 1960s and a lawyer in private practice in the 1970s.

He's welcomed new generations of immigrants as the presiding judge at naturalization ceremonies, addressing Spanish-speakers among them in his and their native language; his eyes have been known to grow moist in these proceedings. Long-ago associates nicknamed him Taz for his swirling Tasmanian Devil drive in law practice.

In 2002, Ellis sentenced Lindh to 20 years in prison without parole in a plea deal for the American who fought with the Taliban, telling him, "You made a bad choice."

In 2009, he dismissed lawsuits filed by alleged Iraqi victims of the contractor once known as Blackwater USA, ruling that a pattern of recklessness or a culture of lawlessness is not enough to sustain an allegation of war crimes under the federal law. But he allowed most of the plaintiffs to refile their lawsuits if they had a persuasive case that Blackwater employees engaged in intentional killings and beatings. The ruling essentially pleased both sides.

In the Manafort trial, Ellis has shown impatience with meandering arguments from either side while being tougher on the prosecution out of the gate.

When prosecutors addressed Manafort's relationship with Ukrainian "oligarchs," he told them to knock it off. Prosecutors are inferring that Manafort associates himself with "despicable people and therefore he's despicable," he said. "That's not the American way."

Descriptions of Manafort's $15,000 ostrich-leather jacket, the $6 million in cash he put toward real estate and his $900,000 in purchases at a New York boutique also left the judge unimpressed.

He may not like fancy-pants lawyers, but fancy pants in America are not against the law.

"The government doesn't want to prosecute somebody because they wear nice clothes, do they?" Ellis asked. "Let's move on."

Prosecutor Greg Andres countered: "Judge, this is not an effort to prove Mr. Manafort lived lavishly. It's evidence of his income."

The judge introduced a theatrical twist at an earlier hearing, telling prosecutors he did not want to see pictures of Manafort and others "at a cocktail party with scantily clad women," if they should happen to exist.

No worries, Andres said. "There will be no pictures of scantily clad women, period."

He also promised no photos of Russian flags and said it's unlikely any government witness "will utter the word 'Russia.'"

Sounds like this would make some great reality tv...
Last edited by HamBone on Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
HamBone

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:25 am

How can people talk poop and never complain about the taste or the smell? But then cigs bother them...
mdb1958

Postby Ken Carson » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:20 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:
No, I'm saying that the mainstream politicians our party is putting out either have an unreasonable agenda or lack a clear agenda.

Bill Clinton ran on issues and took stances on them that led to the passage of laws. Who is doing that today in our party?

I certainly could list some wonderful people that are doing that. But let’s face it you’re not really a Democrat and there’s no one I could list, and no progressive issue I could list, that you’re going to see is a reasonable person or a great platform. That’s why asked you to list it. By not being able to do that you prove my point.

I said mainstream. As in most Americans know who they are. Go ahead and make your list of mainstream Democrats that have a clear message they have articulated over the last 4 years or so.
Ken Carson

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:44 pm

What's a mainstream Democrat?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Jason Bourne » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:07 pm

mdb1958 wrote:How can people talk poop and never complain about the taste or the smell? But then cigs bother them...

Because **** smells better
Jason Bourne

Postby RedLeader » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:57 pm

POLL: Black Support For Trump Nearly Doubles Since Last Year

Rasmussen's daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday showed a significant spike in support from the black community, nearly doubling President Trump's support among that demographic from this time last year.
RedLeader

Postby Jason Bourne » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:08 pm

RedLeader wrote:POLL: Black Support For Trump Nearly Doubles Since Last Year

Rasmussen's daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday showed a significant spike in support from the black community, nearly doubling President Trump's support among that demographic from this time last year.

So the support went from 1% to 2% ... awesome

Trump is in mental decline and unfit for Presidency ... but a lot of us knew that already .
Jason Bourne

Postby Ken Carson » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:28 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:What's a mainstream Democrat?

Are you asking seriously or facetiously?
Ken Carson

Postby RedLeader » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:29 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:
RedLeader wrote:POLL: Black Support For Trump Nearly Doubles Since Last Year

So the support went from 1% to 2% ... awesome

Trump is in mental decline and unfit for Presidency ... but a lot of us knew that already .

Actually...

Trump hit a 29% approval rating among blacks, up from just 15% in August of 2017.
RedLeader

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:38 pm

He's very popular with the blacks, believe me.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby RedLeader » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:49 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:He's very popular with the blacks, believe me.

Hey, ‘once you go black’...
RedLeader

Postby Jason Bourne » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:55 pm

Many people are saying he is popular with the blacks .. many people .
Jason Bourne

Postby deltbucs » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:12 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:Many people are saying he is popular with the blacks .. many people .

Everyone's saying it. Believe me, folks.
deltbucs

Postby Brazen331 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:09 am

deltbucs wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:Many people are saying he is popular with the blacks .. many people .

Everyone's saying it. Believe me, folks.

Seems to me that you, MB and the rest of your posse are growing increasingly uncomfortable with his growing popularity with the blacks.

If Trump just increases his vote share with the blacks by just say 5 or 6 percent, that is bad news for the party of perpetual grievance and perpetual complaint.
Brazen331

Postby Jason Bourne » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:42 am

Brazen331 wrote:
deltbucs wrote:Everyone's saying it. Believe me, folks.

Seems to me that you, MB and the rest of your posse are growing increasingly uncomfortable with his growing popularity with the blacks.

If Trump just increases his vote share with the blacks by just say 5 or 6 percent, that is bad news for the party of perpetual grievance and perpetual complaint.

Trump will be declared mentally unstable before that ever happens .
Jason Bourne

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:26 am

Jason Bourne wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:

Trump will be declared mentally unstable before that ever happens .

Jason Bourne/the follower.

Urban Dictionary: Follower
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... m=Follower
A follower, rather than decide what's right for them, will adopt the beliefs and opinions of another (or others). When they are in a group, they will adopt the belief ...
mdb1958

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion