**OFFICIAL 'FORTY-FIVE' DISCUSSION THREAD**

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: **OFFICIAL 'FORTY-FIVE' DISCUSSION THREAD**

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:34 pm

A more robust LEGAL immigration program can legitimize those workers and prevent the downward wage pressure.

I still think a guest worker program is the right way to go about it. It makes no sense for migrant workers to live in poverty. There will always be a portion that want to go ahead and become citizens, but a majority, to my understanding, want to work a few years, save up and head back home which I also have no problem with.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:38 pm

I suppose one could make the argument that a more robust legal immigration could stop the downward pressure on wages ... but you would have to make the concession that the only way that is possible is if the increased number of legal immigrants was coupled with a larger magnitude in the reduction of illegal labor.

Otherwise you are left arguing that an increase in supply would lead to higher wages ... something that goes against every macroeconomic principle including the Keynesian folks you seem to empathize with

As for migrant worker program that is something I could support provided it was implemented the right way
Zarniwoop

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:51 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:I suppose one could make the argument that a more robust legal immigration could stop the downward pressure on wages ... but you would have to make the concession that the only way that is possible is if the increased number of legal immigrants was coupled with a larger magnitude in the reduction of illegal labor.

Otherwise you are left arguing that an increase in supply would lead to higher wages ... something that goes against every macroeconomic principle including the Keynesian folks you seem to empathize with

As for migrant worker program that is something I could support provided it was implemented the right way

Well we have to take into account the workers who are already here that would be legitimized. I wouldn't expect a deluge of fresh laborers.

Every decision has consequences though, legitimized migrant workers would begin to work into other sectors of the economy beyond Agriculture.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Pirate Life » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:56 pm

Best way to stop illegal immigration/workers is to start going after the employers. As it stands now, it's laughably easy to get around the I-9 requirement either by claiming your HR department didn't know the SSN was a fake or that the form was 'lost', businesses don't tend to get fined much for this sort of thing to make them reconsider policies. E-verify would be nice, national id of some sort would be better with a corresponding database for cross-checking.

Make the fines meaningful for businesses that don't hire or verify residency status properly and it'll go down considerably. Remove the jobs carrot and people will either stay in their home countries or work to come to the country legally.

As far as the wages argument goes, one could make the argument that businesses have held wage growth down for longer than they should have in the past decade or so for a multitude of reasons (balance sheet, profits, shifting raises to executive pay, dividend payouts, cash staying overseas, etc). While the current climate for deportation of illegals certainly helps, unemployment has been relatively low for an extended period of time (though how the unemployment rate is calculated still needs work, true unemployment is higher still as it's only calculated as people actively looking for work).
Pirate Life

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:03 pm

Pirate Life wrote:Best way to stop illegal immigration/workers is to start going after the employers.

Will never happen with a corporate bought congress.

You aren't wrong though. The I-9 is like the TSA. It provides the appearance of security.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby deltbucs » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:57 pm

This ****ing guy. How many things could he possibly get wrong in so few characters? He makes mdb look highly educated.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump
Follow Follow @realDonaldTrump
More
Republicans want to fix DACA far more than the Democrats do. The Dems had all three branches of government back in 2008-2011, and they decided not to do anything about DACA. They only want to use it as a campaign issue. Vote Republican!

10:50 AM - 10 Feb 2018
deltbucs

Postby Brazen331 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:12 am

deltbucs wrote:This ****ing guy. How many things could he possibly get wrong in so few characters? He makes mdb look highly educated.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump
Follow Follow @realDonaldTrump
More
Republicans want to fix DACA far more than the Democrats do. The Dems had all three branches of government back in 2008-2011, and they decided not to do anything about DACA. They only want to use it as a campaign issue. Vote Republican!

10:50 AM - 10 Feb 2018

He is 100 percent correct here. The Dems do want this as an issue. Even people who are as partisan as you, but not nearly as naive, recognize this fact. What concessions have the Dems made towards a deal? They want all or nothing and they would prefer nothing so they can take it into 2018 and rile the base.
Brazen331

Postby bucfanclw » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:32 am

Brazen331 wrote:
deltbucs wrote:This ****ing guy. How many things could he possibly get wrong in so few characters? He makes mdb look highly educated.

He is 100 percent correct here.

Except Obama wasn't President until 2009 and DACA didn't even come about until 2012... oh and the House, Senate, and Presidency are not the 3 branches of government.
bucfanclw

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:47 am

bucfanclw wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:

Except Obama wasn't President until 2009 and DACA didn't even come about until 2012... oh and the House, Senate, and Presidency are not the 3 branches of government.

details. details.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:26 am

LOL
beardmcdoug

Postby Rocker » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:59 am

It's like Brazen gets all his news from r/redacted.

And then comes running here with all the hot takes.

Steps like fact checking and vetting stories, and reliable sources be damned. Because **** you, libtards!
Rocker

Postby mightyleemoon » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:16 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:Ya that was pretty shitty on your part MB

No one spoke like that to you. Best delete it

I'm glad he didn't. Coming back to skim this forum to see same ol same ol....and that post made me laugh out loud.
mightyleemoon

Postby deltbucs » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:26 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:

And don't forget, Dems lost control of the house in 2010.

Brazen gunna Brazen....
deltbucs

Postby bucfanclw » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:32 pm

deltbucs wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:Except Obama wasn't President until 2009 and DACA didn't even come about until 2012... oh and the House, Senate, and Presidency are not the 3 branches of government.

Brazen gunna Brazen....

But when you use alternative facts, he's still 100 percent correct.
bucfanclw

Postby Brazen331 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:27 pm

deltbucs wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:Except Obama wasn't President until 2009 and DACA didn't even come about until 2012... oh and the House, Senate, and Presidency are not the 3 branches of government.

Brazen gunna Brazen....

Oh you got me on the bad phrasing...
Brazen331

Postby bucfanclw » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:54 pm

Brazen331 wrote:Oh you got me on the bad phrasing...

bucfanclw

Postby deltbucs » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:35 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:Oh you got me on the bad phrasing...

I guess "bad phrasing" is another phrase for "alternative facts". LOL!!
deltbucs

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:04 pm

I like how everything congressional democrats do is for the express purpose of "riling up the base".

Like we're getting complacent over here.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:10 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:I like how everything congressional democrats do is for the express purpose of "riling up the base".

I think a lot of what is said by both sides is to excite their base. Some of these comments when congressman go on CNN or FoxNews and about things like impeachment, building a wall, balancing the budget, or whatever you want to pick are not realistic actions they are taking. It's mostly lip service to maintain support.
uscbucsfan

Postby Brazen331 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:52 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:I like how everything congressional democrats do is for the express purpose of "riling up the base".

How about everything congressional democrats have done regarding immigration has been for the express purpose of riling up the base? Whatever you think of it, Trump made a proposal. What has the counter-proposal been? An 8-hour grievance speech by Pelosi where she made up a story about her 6-year grandson blowing out the candles on his cake and saying he wished he had brown skin like his Guatamalan friend?
Brazen331

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:51 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:

I think a lot of what is said by both sides is to excite their base. Some of these comments when congressman go on CNN or FoxNews and about things like impeachment, building a wall, balancing the budget, or whatever you want to pick are not realistic actions they are taking. It's mostly lip service to maintain support.

more like lip service to fill in the news cycle.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:55 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:

more like lip service to fill in the news cycle.

But who is that news cycle for?
uscbucsfan

Postby Brazen331 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:00 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:more like lip service to fill in the news cycle.

Their viewers. Brian Stelter on CNN said it best. He said there is a large portion of the country who only want to see negative reporting on Trump and he thinks that it is his job to provide that service. Fox serves the people who only want positive reporting on Trump. This is how the media views their jobs in this day and age.

It’s no different than ABC or NBC deciding whether their audience would prefer a cop show or sitcom in the 8 pm time slot. It’s about designing programming that will keep a certain audience plugged in, not teporting news.
Brazen331

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:03 pm

Brazen331 wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:

Their viewers. Brian Stelter on CNN said it best. He said there is a large portion of the country who only want to see negative reporting on Trump and he thinks that it is his job to provide that service. Fox serves the people who only want positive reporting on Trump. This is how the media views their jobs in this day and age.

It’s no different than ABC or NBC deciding whether their audience would prefer a cop show or sitcom in the 8 pm time slot. It’s about designing programming that will keep a certain audience plugged in, not teporting news.

I can’t find a link to that quote from Stelter. Do you have a link?
PrimeMinister

Postby Brazen331 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:22 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:

I can’t find a link to that quote from Stelter. Do you have a link?

It was in a conversation with Michael Wolff; I can’t remembrr exacy where, but he has numerous videos on YouTube where he expresses similar sentiments. It always about how the media is being attached and marginalized by Trump and they have the right to fight back and defend themselves. He is pretty honest about his biases. He views himself as the resident pit bull going after anyone who questions CNN.
Brazen331

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:27 pm

Who the hell still watches the news on TV?

I mean, I still watch the local news out of Pensacola from 6 to 630 in the morning because the weather girl is cute as hell and the anchor dude gives no fucks.

But why the hell would I want to sit and watch talking heads yell at each other after dinner every night?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:40 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Who the hell still watches the news on TV?

I mean, I still watch the local news out of Pensacola from 6 to 630 in the morning because the weather girl is cute as hell and the anchor dude gives no fucks.

But why the hell would I want to sit and watch talking heads yell at each other after dinner every night?

I haven’t had cable since it was free in college so not I. I read more news than I watch and what I do watch I watch online.

I don’t like the yelling and overt biases of CNN or Fox. Some online sources have gone far left as well so I’ve given up on them.
PrimeMinister

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:11 pm

While you plebes were watching the news, I studied the blade.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Buc2 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:41 am

While you plebes were watching the news, I studied Assassin's Creed Origins.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Swashy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:48 am

And while YOU plebes were doing that crap, I studied as to whether or not masturbation would lead to blindness.
Swashy

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion