**OFFICIAL 'FORTY-FIVE' DISCUSSION THREAD**

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: **OFFICIAL 'FORTY-FIVE' DISCUSSION THREAD**

Postby beardmcdoug » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:05 am

PrimeMinister wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:
Their viewers. Brian Stelter on CNN said it best. He said there is a large portion of the country who only want to see negative reporting on Trump and he thinks that it is his job to provide that service. Fox serves the people who only want positive reporting on Trump. This is how the media views their jobs in this day and age.

It’s no different than ABC or NBC deciding whether their audience would prefer a cop show or sitcom in the 8 pm time slot. It’s about designing programming that will keep a certain audience plugged in, not teporting news.

I can’t find a link to that quote from Stelter. Do you have a link?

bruh how do you even need a link for that sort of thing, like this is some concept that anybody would need to dig deeper on. this is american media 101
beardmcdoug

Postby PrimeMinister » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:11 am

beardmcdoug wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:
I can’t find a link to that quote from Stelter. Do you have a link?

bruh how do you even need a link for that sort of thing, like this is some concept that anybody would need to dig deeper on. this is american media 101

I’m pretty sure we all know how bad the media is. This is different. It isn’t often that you get CNN or Fox admitting such strong bias like “It’s my job to only provide negative stories on Trump”. That position spoken aloud should turn people away from Steltzer and CNN so I’d love to see it myself. Why does it bother you that I’d want to read/hear it for myself?
PrimeMinister

Postby beardmcdoug » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:26 am

PrimeMinister wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:

I’m pretty sure we all know how bad the media is. This is different. It isn’t often that you get CNN or Fox admitting such strong bias like “It’s my job to only provide negative stories on Trump”. That position spoken aloud should turn people away from Steltzer and CNN so I’d love to see it myself. Why does it bother you that I’d want to read/hear it for myself?

lol no it doesn't bother me that you're asking for sources. maybe I misinterpreted your tone
beardmcdoug

Postby RedLeader » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:11 pm

“You are an awful, awful person. I am surprised that your father lets you speak on TV," the note to Donald Trump Jr. said, according to the officials.

It also said: "You the family idiot. Eric looks smart. This is the reason why people hate you. You are getting what you deserve. So shut the f*** up.”

Seriously. Has anyone seen or heard from Corsair?
RedLeader

Postby Rocker » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:51 pm

Really? You use what amounts to a death threat as a reason to call out Corsair?

Sigh.
Rocker

Postby RedLeader » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:35 am

Rocker wrote:Really? You use what amounts to a death threat as a reason to call out Corsair?

Sigh.

Easy, snowflake... lol.
RedLeader

Postby mdb1958 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:58 am

Seriously. Has anyone seen or heard from Corsair?

When the family vineyard burns down, politics arent as fun anymore.
mdb1958

Postby RedLeader » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:14 pm

Sore winners... lol
RedLeader

Postby Buc2 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:24 pm

RedLeader wrote:Image

Sore winners... lol

Yep.

Oh...and **** the Netherlands.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:35 pm

RedLeader wrote:Image

Sore winners... lol

Netherlands... where black face is still a thing

beardmcdoug

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:37 pm

james earl jones does a great black face in star wars

Zarniwoop

Postby RedLeader » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:56 pm

I'm thinking Kushner wins this season's Apprentice...
RedLeader

Postby RedLeader » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:00 pm

Percent of 'Generations' who approve of the way Trump is handling the presidency:

Silent Generation 46%
Boomers 44%
Gen X 36%
Millennial 27%

Pew

No surprise here...
RedLeader

Postby RedLeader » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:28 pm

RedLeader

Postby RedLeader » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:22 pm

Despite the Apparent Bromance, Trump Has Been Tough on Russia

We don’t yet know why Donald Trump seems so fond of Vladimir Putin. Maybe we never will. But the expulsion from the U.S. of 60 Russian diplomats and the shuttering of the Russian consulate in Seattle reminds us that the media obsession with the Trump-Putin bromance hides the reality that U.S. government policy remains as tough on Russia as it was under President Obama (and potentially would have been under Hillary Clinton)...

http://time.com/5220097/despite-the-app ... on-russia/
RedLeader

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:31 pm

Steel prices have skyrocketed due to tariffs and Trump is going after Amazon.
uscbucsfan

Postby RedLeader » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:35 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:Steel prices have skyrocketed due to tariffs and Trump is going after Amazon.

"Steel prices were already up by more than 12% year to date as of Feb. 27. “Anytime the U.S. general economy grows by nearly 3% GDP, steel benefits,” says Joseph Innace, S&P Global Platts’ editorial director for metals Americas. “The three pillars of steel demand are construction, automotive, and energy. These steel-consuming sectors are all doing well concurrently.”
RedLeader

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:38 pm

RedLeader wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:Steel prices have skyrocketed due to tariffs and Trump is going after Amazon.

"Steel prices were already up by more than 12% year to date as of Feb. 27. “Anytime the U.S. general economy grows by nearly 3% GDP, steel benefits,” says Joseph Innace, S&P Global Platts’ editorial director for metals Americas. “The three pillars of steel demand are construction, automotive, and energy. These steel-consuming sectors are all doing well concurrently.”

Steel prices across the country shot up the day after the tariffs were announced. They were already going high, but I got mass messages from vendors that said this,

"Steel prices are in a volatile state and have been for quite some time with an aggregated increase in steel pricing of 19% from January 1st, 2017 to December 31st, 2017. Fenco has been absorbing the fluctuating increases in steel since our last price increase on 8/1/16. On March 15th, 2018 the US imposed a 25% tariff on all imported steel (foreign steel). US steel mills are raising their prices to remain in line with the tariff. So whether it’s US produced steel or foreign imported steel, there is a 25% price increase passed on to the consumer (us). Good for the US steel mills, not so good for the rest of us."

Should I post more? I got messages from 20 other vendors that said the same thing. It's uniform across all industries that work with steel.
uscbucsfan

Postby RedLeader » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:12 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
RedLeader wrote:

Steel prices across the country shot up the day after the tariffs were announced. They were already going high, but I got mass messages from vendors that said this,

"Steel prices are in a volatile state and have been for quite some time with an aggregated increase in steel pricing of 19% from January 1st, 2017 to December 31st, 2017. Fenco has been absorbing the fluctuating increases in steel since our last price increase on 8/1/16. On March 15th, 2018 the US imposed a 25% tariff on all imported steel (foreign steel). US steel mills are raising their prices to remain in line with the tariff. So whether it’s US produced steel or foreign imported steel, there is a 25% price increase passed on to the consumer (us). Good for the US steel mills, not so good for the rest of us."

Should I post more? I got messages from 20 other vendors that said the same thing. It's uniform across all industries that work with steel.

Settle down. We're possibly talking three more cents for a can of corn, and maybe a couple hundred dollars added to the price of a car...

I don't altogether agree the tariffs myself, but don't quite see them as the doom-impending catalyst for the next recession either.
RedLeader

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:20 pm

RedLeader wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:

Settle down. We're possibly talking three more cents for a can of corn, and maybe a couple hundred dollars added to the price of a car...

I don't altogether agree the tariffs myself, but don't quite see them as the doom-impending catalyst for the next recession either.

Settle down? Is that your version of "I was wrong and I'm sorry". I wasn't upset, in a frenzy, or crying about a recession. I was simply disproving you. For a point of reference on a $18,000 (cost) structure, it's adding $4,500 to the vendor/re-seller, that means around $5,700.00 in additional cost to the customer. I've seen it impact some business where people said they would either refrain from upgrading or wait until the price drops, but it hasn't been a huge issue, yet.

It's something Trump attributed to...this is a thread for him...seems relevant, much like his dumb Amazon battle.
uscbucsfan

Postby RedLeader » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:51 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
RedLeader wrote:

Settle down? Is that your version of "I was wrong and I'm sorry". I wasn't upset, in a frenzy, or crying about a recession. I was simply disproving you. For a point of reference on a $18,000 (cost) structure, it's adding $4,500 to the vendor/re-seller, that means around $5,700.00 in additional cost to the customer. I've seen it impact some business where people said they would either refrain from upgrading or wait until the price drops, but it hasn't been a huge issue, yet.

It's something Trump attributed to...this is a thread for him...seems relevant, much like his dumb Amazon battle.

Disproving me how? Please point to one thing Ive personally said on the matter that you’ve disproven here... lol.

You’re just bitching to bitch.
RedLeader

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:00 pm

RedLeader wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:

Disproving me how? Please point to one thing Ive personally said on the matter that you’ve disproven here... lol.

You sure are defensive about Trump.
uscbucsfan

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:03 pm

Tariffs on a commodity are a **** show

If trump wants to look at individual trade agreements, I’m all for it

If he wants to add tariffs to commodities, he’s an idiot
Zarniwoop

Postby Buc2 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:17 am

RedLeader wrote:

This is a fact. My company's steel center is booming right now. We buy steel coils and turn it into sheets to resell to contractors for use in HVAC ventilation products as well as roofing products such as eaves, gutters and architectural roofing panels. When steel prices go up, it's almost always a sign that construction is booming. It's good for us because our old inventory, bought at lower prices, now brings in greater profit margins. Of course, eventually those margins will come back down once we've used up the older inventory, but the margins still remain well above break even and volume alone helps keep steel sales in the black.

Edit: On a side note, I do not like the idea of tariffs. They suck. Now, the new free trade agreement that the US & SoKo just negotiated? I have no problem with that. That is the best way to do things imo...a bi-lateral agreement that gives concessions to both sides.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby RedLeader » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:34 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
RedLeader wrote:

You sure are defensive about Trump.

Lol. Deflection noted.
RedLeader

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:59 am

Buc2 wrote:
RedLeader wrote:

This is a fact. My company's steel center is booming right now. We buy steel coils and turn it into sheets to resell to contractors for use in HVAC ventilation products as well as roofing products such as eaves, gutters and architectural roofing panels. When steel prices go up, it's almost always a sign that construction is booming. It's good for us because our old inventory, bought at lower prices, now brings in greater profit margins. Of course, eventually those margins will come back down once we've used up the older inventory, but the margins still remain well above break even and volume alone helps keep steel sales in the black.

Edit: On a side note, I do not like the idea of tariffs. They suck. Now, the new free trade agreement that the US & SoKo just negotiated? I have no problem with that. That is the best way to do things imo...a bi-lateral agreement that gives concessions to both sides.

I'd like to ask this since I'm admittedly a layman on the subject

The government is going to be rolling out an infrastructure plan and it will likely have bi-partisan support and get passed (we all like nicer roads and modernized transit, right?). So my question is do these tariffs on steel and aluminum have any affect on what will presumably be surge in demand for these metals as part of this infrastructure plan? Does anyone believe they are connected (steel tariffs and the infrastructure plan)? If so, what are the benefits and/or drawbacks and who would those specifically affect?
DreadNaught

Postby Alpha » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:11 am

Despite RL's suckling on Trump's teat, let's look at this objectively:

First...it's nearly impossible to quantify a President's effectiveness and/or historical impact until YEARS after his term. There, of course, are exceptions (Cuban Missile Crisis/Fall of the USSR) but generally speaking, it takes time and distance. Thus, I'm not commenting on Trump's POLICY initiatives, at this point. The Dow's increase is inconsequential, for example. Most things the President says or does have ZERO immediate impact...in a vacuum. For example, the DJIA increased substantially under the Obama administration. That doesn't mean his POLICIES had ANYTHING to do with it...just as Trump's don't. And IF you want to argue that the SITTING President is responsible for all of the good things, then you have to play it ALL the way back. And you have to say that ALL of the negative things are his fault as well.

The problem many of us have with Trump, is personality based. Even...morality based. The guy is an abject scumbag of a human being. This was known before the election, btw. For example. if you (back in the day) had a problem with Clinton getting a hummer from Lewinsky...you should really have a problem with the Trumpster. I'm not even hating on the guy! When I'm 60, I PRAY I have the chance to knock the bottom out of a 27 year old porn star! Unless I'm married, of course. With a new-born. That's kinda not right...don't ya think? Also...Trump's tagline, during the election was..."drain the swamp" (which MANY OF US WERE IN FAVOR OF). Now...he's not the first (or last) politician to break campaign promises...but he damn sure ain't keeping them. The "non-politicians" he's brought in have either been "FIRED" or have resigned. He's (in essence) brought IN the swamp, in order to "drain" the swamp. How's that working out?

Trump isn't a "politician". That can be a good thing. Personally...I LIKE the fact that he's as nut-bag crazy as Kim is. It keeps him on his toes. Who knows? Maybe he'll get some kind of détente done with that crazy bastard. The flip side is that Trump is NOT the smartest man in the world. I think we can ALL agree on that. That's not EVEN A PROBLEM...just SURROUND yourself with those people. That's all any of us can ask! Have those people on speed dial, for **** sakes! Who does Trump have on speed dial? Fox "News"? WTF!?

Trump THINKS he's the smartest guy in the room. Yet he's not even smart enough to realize he's NOT the smartest guy in the room. That's a REAL problem. Know what you don't know. There's a problem here. He clearly DOESN'T.

And you can be bi-partisan to see this.
Alpha

Postby Rocker » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:49 am

Great post.
Rocker

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:17 am

Great Fan art though.

Mountaineer Buc

Postby bucfanclw » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:32 am

MB, you really shouldn't post the evidence of your break-in at Brazen's place so publicly.
bucfanclw

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion