**OFFICIAL 'FORTY-FIVE' DISCUSSION THREAD**

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
**OFFICIAL 'FORTY-FIVE' DISCUSSION THREAD**

Postby RedLeader » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:57 pm

Hi All. I know there are plenty of threads already going on regarding the POTUS and Co...

But the truth is that most of the threads out there are just a wee-bit slanted, or outright biased from their inception... Makes it hard to post anything other than negative **** without ostensibly pissing on someone else's thread. So to avoid the dumb ****, I wanted to create an open thread - where we can post and discuss the progress of the current administration - good, bad, or indifferent.

That said, as it stands, our President currently has the lowest approval rating of any other first year President in recent history.. if not ever.

First year presidential approval percentages:

Kennedy 76%
Eisenhower 69%
Bush 43 68%
Bush 41 66%
Carter 62%
Nixon 61%
Reagan 57%
Obama 57%
Clinton 49%
Trump 39%
(Gallup)

And yet, yesterday marked another milestone as the DOW surpassed 26,000 for the first time ever...
December job creation smashed expectations...
The unemployment rate is at its lowest percent since 2000...
Job cut announcements are the lowest since 1990...
Manufacturing in the US had its best year since 2004...
More and more companies announcing planned bonuses, wage hikes, and charitable donations...
We've reduced ISIS ranks to all time lows, losing 98% of the territory they once held in the last year...
The economy grew 3.2 percent from July through September - the highest quarterly economic growth in 3 years...

So what gives? Why the low rating still? Why all the hate?

I mean, besides being a pompous, grandstanding, elitist sonovabitch, he seems to be getting the job done...

Can a Twitter feed really be that distracting?
RedLeader

Re: **OFFICIAL 'FORTY-FIVE' DISCUSSION THREAD**

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:04 pm

uscbucsfan

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:12 pm

I can't point to a policy Trump has made or legislation he's signed that tells me Trump is doing anything to create those circumstances.

The tax cut is his single major legislative achievement and that passed only last month.

Economically speaking, we're almost a year overdue for a recession and I'd cite the dow as evidence for the coming hit to your 401k. If Trump didn't create the boom, you can't blame him for the bust, even though voters will.

Aside from the afore mentioned tax bill, my chief complaint is his near daily sullying of the office with his juvenile tweets and speeches. The country elected a man in no way qualified for the office he holds. Maybe we deserve it.

I like the comment Dave Chappelle made about it. That we need to put ourselves through a guy like Trump because he's turning into something just about all of us agree on and when people can agree on something we can start to work together.

He Compared it to the murder of Emmitt Till. He was murdered for a lie, but that lie ended up the fuel for the civil rights movement.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:26 pm

Next to zero chance for negative growth next year
Zarniwoop

Postby Kress » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:52 am

RedLeader wrote:Makes it hard to post anything other than negative **** without ostensibly pissing on someone else's thread.

:monkeypiss:

You asked for it. :D
Kress

Postby mdb1958 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:54 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:I can't point to a policy Trump has made or legislation he's signed that tells me Trump is doing anything to create those circumstances.

The tax cut is his single major legislative achievement and that passed only last month.

Economically speaking, we're almost a year overdue for a recession and I'd cite the dow as evidence for the coming hit to your 401k. If Trump didn't create the boom, you can't blame him for the bust, even though voters will.

Aside from the afore mentioned tax bill, my chief complaint is his near daily sullying of the office with his juvenile tweets and speeches. The country elected a man in no way qualified for the office he holds. Maybe we deserve it.

I like the comment Dave Chappelle made about it. That we need to put ourselves through a guy like Trump because he's turning into something just about all of us agree on and when people can agree on something we can start to work together.

He Compared it to the murder of Emmitt Till. He was murdered for a lie, but that lie ended up the fuel for the civil rights movement.

The 401k's, the IRA's, the Roth's arent realized losses until you sell or change direction. If these mega controllers dump stocks, its to get people to make that mistake and then they swoop right back in buying everything at a lower price. They get richer and chumped you out of your money all at the same time.

My advice, let it ride, if it dont rebound the country is done anyways and I dont think they are ready for that to happen just yet.
mdb1958

Postby mdb1958 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:03 am

I used to go to sleep at night in wonderment of how good Carter was. Chuckle.
mdb1958

Postby RedLeader » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:26 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:I can't point to a policy Trump has made or legislation he's signed that tells me Trump is doing anything to create those circumstances.

I can dig that. Perhaps he will bring balance back to the force. I don’t know. If Trump is the catalyst for positive change, I’m on board.

Either way, it seems like Chappell agrees Trump will MAGA, one way or the other. Lol.

(Just don’t try and later push an even less qualified candidate in someone like Oprah - amirite?).
RedLeader

Postby Brazen331 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:35 am

Can we talk about the girther controversy/movement in this thread?
Brazen331

Postby MJW » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:55 am

I was NeverTrump when Trump was still farting into the mic on Howard Stern.

I just don't see what he's actually done, legislatively, that should raise anyone's ire, or by the same token, demand anyone's praise. He's been a caretaker President to this point.

If Twitter had never been invented, and his personal drama was a bit less public, he'd be viewed to this point as another Gerald Ford. If you're a Republican, you're happy with most of the court appointments and the lack of policy initiative (on principle), but irritated by the lack of ambition. If you're a democrat, you hate him on principle, and likely for some of his reactionary (and often symbolic and toothless) policy ideas, but you're probably quietly relieved he's not doing more with both houses.

He was put in office by half-baked perceptions, and he'll likely go out in 2020 on half-baked perceptions, after getting neutered in 2018.
MJW

Postby RedLeader » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:09 am

RedLeader wrote:

I can dig that. Perhaps he will bring balance back to the force. I don’t know. If Trump is the catalyst for positive change, I’m on board.

Either way, it seems like Chappell agrees Trump will MAGA, one way or the other. Lol.

(Just don’t try and later push an even less qualified candidate in someone like Oprah - amirite?).

Then there’s this:

“Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy“

http://thehill.com/opinion/finance/3689 ... or-economy

For whatever it’s worth, I suppose...
RedLeader

Postby RedLeader » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:18 am

And of course this, which we’ve all been hearing about...

“Under Trump, Gains Against ISIS have Dramatically Accelerated.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... 59401f5a50

**** like this makes you start to wonder...

Is this dude actually getting **** done?
RedLeader

Postby Brazen331 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:36 am

Trump will never have a high approval rating no matter what he does. Even if he is the most successful President ever it still will not be high. His distasteful personality and the extreme, cult-like media bias will always be too large of obstacles to overcome to ever sniff the 60s or even 50s in approval rating.

He also polls lower than he actually is. You only need to look at the results of the last election to see proof.
Brazen331

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:39 am

RedLeader wrote:And of course this, which we’ve all been hearing about...

“Under Trump, Gains Against ISIS have Dramatically Accelerated.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... 59401f5a50

**** like this makes you start to wonder...

Is this dude actually getting **** done?

Liz Peek is a Fox News Contributor and I'm dubious from the start.

Still, what she points to is not all that outrageous. The uptick in capital spending by business is going to create some GDP growth. Basically, she and the economists are saying this is evidence that Trump fired up the business sector.

The glass half empty take is they were counting on that tax cut and did some extra Section 179 shopping to get it in before the cut kicks in.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby beardmcdoug » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:26 am

Brazen331 wrote:Can we talk about the girther controversy/movement in this thread?

lol my ride home the other day, NPR has short segment saying:

"Trump aced mental health examination - a test he ordered himself to silence critics. Doctor said he was in perfect mental health condition, but says his only concern is that President Trump is slightly overweight, and would do well with some diet and exercise"

CNN headline the next day:
The President is overweight and doesn't exercise much, like most Americans

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/16/health/president-overweight-like-most-americans/index.html

how does anybody have any respect for these children?
beardmcdoug

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:42 am

beardmcdoug wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:Can we talk about the girther controversy/movement in this thread?

lol my ride home the other day, NPR has short segment saying:

"Trump aced mental health examination - a test he ordered himself to silence critics. Doctor said he was in perfect mental health condition, but says his only concern is that President Trump is slightly overweight, and would do well with some diet and exercise"

CNN headline the next day:
The President is overweight and doesn't exercise much, like most Americans

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/16/health/president-overweight-like-most-americans/index.html

how does anybody have any respect for these children?

Can anyone even fathom this reaction from the WH press corps if it were Hillary or Oprah (any women) having their weight made public and critiqued in this way?

I don't see how any objective person wouldn't be ashamed of the WH press corps for their line of questioning of the (Obama appointed) WH physician yesterday when he took questions re: Trumps physical assessment.
DreadNaught

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:22 am

The Economy is doing well, Unemployment is down, Illegal Immigration is down, ISIS is less of a force than it was a year ago. Those are all positives on issues I care about when it comes to the President/Federal Government.

Some positive things have occurred for Military and Veterans, but not enough imo. But this is more a personal issue for me.

I'd like to see the administration make more of effort around education and the student loan crisis in this country.

I despise the way Trump acts often times just as I despise the way the leftists in the MSM go overboard to sensationalize/spin their coverage. Both are to blame for their behavior as far as I'm concerned and both should be embarrassed.

The MSM and Social media have become a cesspool of derangement and editorial bias for the most part. I've cleansed my feeds of all political commentary from both the right, center, and left other than folks like Jordan Peterson, Joe Rogan, Bret and Eric Weinstein, Dave Rubin and others who are attempting to use their platforms to stand against and call out the intolerance of the far left. But they don't offer much in terms of policy and are all folks who hold classical liberal values that have been ostracized by the SJW/Identity politics pushing leftists for not being 'progressive enough'.
DreadNaught

Postby Brazen331 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:27 am

Sanjay Gupta just diagnosed Trump with heart disease on CNN. It is fun substituting Clinton’s name for Trump’s in the above article though: Hillary Clinton has an extremely high BMI for a woman of her height and age, and if she gains another pound, she will be considered obese.
Brazen331

Postby Buc2 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:02 am

I like the direction the country has gone over the past year. If it continues, I'll be even happier.
We'll see I guess.

A question pols from both sides always love to ask is, "Are you better off now than a year ago?" If the answer is yes, then vote to stay the course. If the answer is no, then vote for change.

My answer, at this moment, is yes. So stay the course.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:05 am

Buc2 wrote:I like the direction the country has gone over the past year. If it continues, I'll be even happier.
We'll see I guess.

A question pols from both sides always love to ask is, "Are you better off now than a year ago?" If the answer is yes, then vote to stay the course. If the answer is no, then vote for change.

My answer, at this moment, is yes. So stay the course.

Here's the thing. I AM better off than I was a year ago but the government had nothing to do with it. I moved and landed a cool job. That was me, not Trump.

I'm not going to give the man credit for that. I didn't see his fat ass loading my u-haul.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Buc2 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

My wages increased. My health insurance did not. My portfolio increased. My bills did not. That all equals stay-the-course for me regardless of whom is responsible.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:10 am

Wait!!!!!!!

People can succeed without the government?
Zarniwoop

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:58 am

Zarniwoop wrote:Wait!!!!!!!

Glad you caught that also. :D
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:07 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:Wait!!!!!!!

I never said otherwise.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby bucfanclw » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:26 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

I never said otherwise.

It doesn't matter. Even though we work hard to better our lives for ourselves, you'll never convince these guys that we don't just sit around waiting for handouts from the gubmint while we cry about racism or sexism constantly.
bucfanclw

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:34 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

I never said otherwise.

You must suffer from privilege then huh?

:P
Zarniwoop

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:39 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:
I never said otherwise.

It doesn't matter. Even though we work hard to better our lives for ourselves, you'll never convince these guys that we don't just sit around waiting for handouts from the gubmint while we cry about racism or sexism constantly.

I don't think anyone thinks you or MB are looking for handouts. Many think you want us to handout our money to the government to pay for others. If you want to be altruistic, by all means donate a large portion of your money to the poor.That's awesome. If enough of you did it, especially the wealthy, it would achieve the goals you are seeking. My qualm is that you want to force me to join your cause and you want the big leaky government to enforce, manage, and allocate the money.
uscbucsfan

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:42 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:It doesn't matter. Even though we work hard to better our lives for ourselves, you'll never convince these guys that we don't just sit around waiting for handouts from the gubmint while we cry about racism or sexism constantly.

I don't think anyone thinks you or MB are looking for handouts. Many think you want us to handout our money to the government to pay for others. If you want to be altruistic, by all means donate a large portion of your money to the poor.That's awesome. If enough of you did it, especially the wealthy, it would achieve the goals you are seeking. My qualm is that you want to force me to join your cause and you want the big leaky government to enforce, manage, and allocate the money.

Indeed

As always solid stuff

MB (like everyone on this board) has always been congratulated when he shares his professional success. I hope it continues for him and everyone ... even Clewi. And when MB makes CFO I’ll be happy he gets a big raise. I’ll fight for him to keep it all. And if he chooses to donate it, I’ll give him kudos for that as well.
Zarniwoop

Postby Buc2 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:07 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:
I never said otherwise.

No... Your biggest problems are sitting around believing all the IYI's that have no skin in the game.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:10 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:It doesn't matter. Even though we work hard to better our lives for ourselves, you'll never convince these guys that we don't just sit around waiting for handouts from the gubmint while we cry about racism or sexism constantly.

This ^^^
DreadNaught

Next

Return to Politics and Religion