Poll: Should marijuana be legalized?

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Should marijuana be legalized?

Yes
92%
Yes, but only for medical purposes
No votes
No
4%
No, but decriminalize for possession of small amounts (i.e. 1 gram or less)
4%

Total votes : 48

Re: Poll: Should marijuana be legalized?

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:41 pm

The Treasury is missing out on potentially 8 billion dollars a year in voluntary tax revenue and saving countless other billions by no longer prosecuting and imprisoning people who arent harming anyone.

Its time to elect people to congress who are committed to ending this prohibition regardless of party.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Swashy » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:39 pm

Sweet mother of ****ing 8 pound 7 ounce immaculately conceived baby Jesus YES! I've been around health care long enough to tell everyone pot is a miracle drug. It helps with seizures, relieves nausea in chemo patients and actually gives them an appetite AND THC can help settle hyperactive children.

****ing legalize it already and tax the living hell out of it so we can put it towards things that we need
Swashy

Postby Swashy » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:40 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:The Treasury is missing out on potentially 8 billion dollars a year in voluntary tax revenue and saving countless other billions by no longer prosecuting and imprisoning people who arent harming anyone.

Its time to elect people to congress who are committed to ending this prohibition regardless of party.

You are fast becoming the Ron Burgundy to my Champ Kind
Swashy

Postby Noles1724 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:04 pm

Sammich wrote: It fixes prison overcrowding

Also this.. keeping a hotel a full compacity is desired to max profits.. hell it's also a reason for the need to open other hotels.. more profits
Noles1724

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:20 am

https://www.wvgazettemail.com/news/health/drug-firms-shipped-m-pain-pills-to-wv-town-with/article_ef04190c-1763-5a0c-a77a-7da0ff06455b.html

Jeez-zus-kryste.

Over the past decade, out-of-state drug companies shipped 20.8 million prescription painkillers to two pharmacies four blocks apart in a Southern West Virginia town with 2,900 people, according to a congressional committee investigating the opioid crisis.

The House Energy and Commerce Committee cited the massive shipments of hydrocodone and oxycodone — two powerful painkillers — to the town of Williamson, in Mingo County, amid the panel’s inquiry into the role of drug distributors in the opioid epidemic.

I have been to Williamson (there's a NG Armory there) There's nothing there but former coal miners and poor people.

Miami-Luken did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

In February 2016, West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey ended a state lawsuit against Miami-Luken after the company agreed to pay $2.5 million to settle allegations that it flooded the state with painkillers. Morrisey, a former lobbyist for a trade group that represents Miami-Luken and other drug distributors, inherited the lawsuit in 2013 after ousting longtime Attorney General Darrell McGraw.

H.D. Smith paid the state $3.5 million to settle the same pill-dumping allegations in January 2017.

The committee gave H.D. Smith and Miami-Luken until Feb. 9 to turn over documents and answer dozens of questions about what steps, if any, the companies took to stop the flood of pain pills into Southern West Virginia.

“We will continue to investigate these distributors’ shipments of large quantities of powerful opioids across West Virginia, including what seems to be a shocking lack of oversight over their distribution practices,” Walden and Pallone said.

The state has the highest drug overdose death rate in the nation. More than 880 people fatally overdosed in West Virginia in 2016.

It's so fuckin gross down there. Those pills are not just to feed addiction, they're currency.

Medicare--->prescription--->pills---->transaction---->Rent
Mountaineer Buc

Postby NYBF » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:21 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:I have been to Williamson (there's a NG Armory there) There's nothing there but former coal miners and poor people.

And pills. Piles of pills.
NYBF

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:31 am

NYBF wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:I have been to Williamson (there's a NG Armory there) There's nothing there but former coal miners and poor people.

And pills. Piles of pills.

indeed.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Buc2 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:42 pm

The other day, I was at my periodontists discussing oral implants for an upcoming procedure I decided to have. At the end of the discussion, he wrote up 3 prescriptions that he wanted me to go ahead a fill prior to the procedure date. An oral rinse, an antibiotic and a pain reliever. He was going to prescribe an oxycodone for the pain. I told him, no thanks...that I'd rather just take ibuprofen or something like that. He said he didn't blame me. I have a fairly high pain threshold anyway, so I'm sure ibuprofen will work just fine and there's no worry about addiction.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:56 pm

I did the same thing when I broke my ankle and had surgery....said no thanks to the hard stuff

When it comes to that kind of addiction it doesn’t seem to me like it’s simply a will power thing. Too many horror stories
Zarniwoop

Postby The Outsider » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:06 pm

When I had shoulder surgery I took the Percocets and honestly I ****ing needed them. My arm and shoulder were wrecked. But the one thing I never did was get a refill. Once they were gone, they were gone.

That said I'm pretty unaffected by things that cause physical addiction.
The Outsider

Postby NYBF » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:31 pm

This is very interesting

http://www.sfchronicle.com/news/article ... 540550.php

Also, 100, thank you.
NYBF

Postby Crocaneers » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:38 pm

NYBF wrote:This is very interesting

Also, 100, thank you.

WOW .. Throw back quote .. Good memories ..
Crocaneers

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:05 pm

NYBF wrote:This is very interesting

Also, 100, thank you.

That should be federal law.
PrimeMinister

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:10 pm

A singular vote against legalization.

mdb I bet.

Boy, if there was anybody around here that could use a toke, it would be him.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby The Outsider » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:19 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:A singular vote against legalization.

mdb I bet.

Boy, if there was anybody around here that could use a toke, it would be him.

I would never give weed to mdb. He's unintelligible as it is.
The Outsider

Postby Selmon Rules » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:47 pm

I would agree that it's no more dangerous than alcohol but the problem is more of a legal one for me. We can check to see if you are under the influence of alcohol while behind the wheel or involved in an accident at work. There is only a test to determine if you have smoked pot in the past few weeks and no way to tell if you are under the influence at the time of the accident. When that test comes around, the legalities will be taken care of and by all means legalize it....
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
Selmon Rules

Postby The Outsider » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:14 pm

Selmon Rules wrote:I would agree that it's no more dangerous than alcohol but the problem is more of a legal one for me. We can check to see if you are under the influence of alcohol while behind the wheel or involved in an accident at work. There is only a test to determine if you have smoked pot in the past few weeks and no way to tell if you are under the influence at the time of the accident. When that test comes around, the legalities will be taken care of and by all means legalize it....

That argument, as stupid as it is, is at least one that has a decent argument. But it's still stupid argument. Compressed air is legal, but the intoxicated state caused by the inhalation of compressed oxygen is far beyond that of inhalation of cannabis. It can even be deadly.

Yet, you can buy compressed air at Walmart.
The Outsider

Postby Selmon Rules » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:11 am

The Outsider wrote:
Selmon Rules wrote:I would agree that it's no more dangerous than alcohol but the problem is more of a legal one for me. We can check to see if you are under the influence of alcohol while behind the wheel or involved in an accident at work. There is only a test to determine if you have smoked pot in the past few weeks and no way to tell if you are under the influence at the time of the accident. When that test comes around, the legalities will be taken care of and by all means legalize it....

That argument, as stupid as it is, is at least one that has a decent argument. But it's still stupid argument. Compressed air is legal, but the intoxicated state caused by the inhalation of compressed oxygen is far beyond that of inhalation of cannabis. It can even be deadly.

So as of now there is no way to prove if you are under the influence of weed at the time of an accident so there would be no way to prove, as in a DUI, that you or anyone else was under the influence. This is a sticking point in legalizing it wether you would like to believe it or not and comparing it to compressed air changes nothing.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be legal and I don't think I even voted in poll but if weed is going to be treated the same as alcohol, this is something that will need to be figured out if or before it happens.
Selmon Rules

Postby deltbucs » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:58 pm

Selmon Rules wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

So as of now there is no way to prove if you are under the influence of weed at the time of an accident so there would be no way to prove, as in a DUI, that you or anyone else was under the influence. This is a sticking point in legalizing it wether you would like to believe it or not and comparing it to compressed air changes nothing.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be legal and I don't think I even voted in poll but if weed is going to be treated the same as alcohol, this is something that will need to be figured out if or before it happens.

Is there a way to test to see if someone is impaired by Rx meds while driving? I'd be a lot more concerned about that.
deltbucs

Postby Selmon Rules » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:01 pm

deltbucs wrote:
Selmon Rules wrote:So as of now there is no way to prove if you are under the influence of weed at the time of an accident so there would be no way to prove, as in a DUI, that you or anyone else was under the influence. This is a sticking point in legalizing it wether you would like to believe it or not and comparing it to compressed air changes nothing.

Is there a way to test to see if someone is impaired by Rx meds while driving? I'd be a lot more concerned about that.

I'm not a doctor nor even played one on TV.... Didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express either but I would assume the difference would be one is prescribed and and the other is recreational for the purposes of this argument. Pretty sure this is what got Tiger Woods popped for DUI isn't it?? I think that was his story anyway but I could be wrong....

I'm not against legalizing pot for recreational use but I'm wondering about some of the other legal implications of it is all
Selmon Rules

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:10 pm

Selmon Rules wrote:
deltbucs wrote:Is there a way to test to see if someone is impaired by Rx meds while driving? I'd be a lot more concerned about that.

I'm not a doctor nor even played one on TV.... Didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express either but I would assume the difference would be one is prescribed and and the other is recreational for the purposes of this argument. Pretty sure this is what got Tiger Woods popped for DUI isn't it?? I think that was his story anyway but I could be wrong....

I'm not against legalizing pot for recreational use but I'm wondering about some of the other legal implications of it is all

I'm not a lawyer, but my understanding of DUI is that "Under the influence" is often implied as alcohol when in fact it can be any controlled substance.

So if Cheech and Chong are pulled over in downtown Denver doing 20mph in a 75......dey gon get a DUI.

The issue when it comes to pot is it's a judgement call on the part of the cop and that is a very tough thing to make stick without a test that can show the chemical influence. My guess is with Rx meds they take blood at the ER or jailhouse. They'd have to do the same with pot from where I'm sitting.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby The Outsider » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:07 am

Selmon Rules wrote:
deltbucs wrote:Is there a way to test to see if someone is impaired by Rx meds while driving? I'd be a lot more concerned about that.

Anecdote as to the prescription drug side. I got a dui when I was pretty young, I had to take the dui counterattack class. One woman in my class had gotten her duo for driving on ambien. She was prescribed said ambien. Particularly unfortunate as it can cause you to basically sleeps walk.

Anyway my point is two parts; one, they take prescription drugs seriously. Two, most drugs and their metabolites are much shorter lives in the body than pot which means they are easier to test for in regards to actual intoxication.
The Outsider

Postby Selmon Rules » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:12 pm

The Outsider wrote:
Selmon Rules wrote:I'm not a doctor nor even played one on TV.... Didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express either but I would assume the difference would be one is prescribed and and the other is recreational for the purposes of this argument. Pretty sure this is what got Tiger Woods popped for DUI isn't it?? I think that was his story anyway but I could be wrong....

Anecdote as to the prescription drug side. I got a dui when I was pretty young, I had to take the dui counterattack class. One woman in my class had gotten her duo for driving on ambien. She was prescribed said ambien. Particularly unfortunate as it can cause you to basically sleeps walk.

Anyway my point is two parts; one, they take prescription drugs seriously. Two, most drugs and their metabolites are much shorter lives in the body than pot which means they are easier to test for in regards to actual intoxication.

Again, it's not that I am against legalizing weed but like you said, Rx are much easier to test for and I may be ignorant on the subject as I haven't had to worry about such things in a long time but I am not aware of a test that can determine any more than if someone has smoked as recently as a couple of weeks ago. If I'm wrong it sure won't be the first time....
Selmon Rules

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:31 am

Can I have a show of hands, who got to smoke pot with mom?
mdb1958

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:26 am

mdb1958 wrote:Can I have a show of hands, who got to smoke pot with mom?

My mom is dead.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:37 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:

My mom is dead.

Sorry for your loss MB, by the way was your hand raised when you addressed this post?
mdb1958

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:38 am

my mom's a drug dealer
Zarniwoop

Postby NYBF » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:52 am

Your mom?

NYBF

Postby Brazen331 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:10 am

NYBF wrote:

Your mom?

mdb’s mom never smoked me up. I didn’t know this was a thing around here.
Brazen331

Postby Noles1724 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:00 am

this post is why I hate you
Noles1724

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion