Poll: Should marijuana be legalized?

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Should marijuana be legalized?

Yes
91%
Yes, but only for medical purposes
No votes
No
3%
No, but decriminalize for possession of small amounts (i.e. 1 gram or less)
6%

Total votes : 33

Re: Poll: Should marijuana be legalized?

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:41 pm

The Treasury is missing out on potentially 8 billion dollars a year in voluntary tax revenue and saving countless other billions by no longer prosecuting and imprisoning people who arent harming anyone.

Its time to elect people to congress who are committed to ending this prohibition regardless of party.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Swashy » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:39 pm

Sweet mother of ****ing 8 pound 7 ounce immaculately conceived baby Jesus YES! I've been around health care long enough to tell everyone pot is a miracle drug. It helps with seizures, relieves nausea in chemo patients and actually gives them an appetite AND THC can help settle hyperactive children.

****ing legalize it already and tax the living hell out of it so we can put it towards things that we need
Swashy

Postby Swashy » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:40 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:The Treasury is missing out on potentially 8 billion dollars a year in voluntary tax revenue and saving countless other billions by no longer prosecuting and imprisoning people who arent harming anyone.

Its time to elect people to congress who are committed to ending this prohibition regardless of party.

You are fast becoming the Ron Burgundy to my Champ Kind
Swashy

Postby Noles1724 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:04 pm

Sammich wrote: It fixes prison overcrowding

Also this.. keeping a hotel a full compacity is desired to max profits.. hell it's also a reason for the need to open other hotels.. more profits
Noles1724

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:20 am

https://www.wvgazettemail.com/news/health/drug-firms-shipped-m-pain-pills-to-wv-town-with/article_ef04190c-1763-5a0c-a77a-7da0ff06455b.html

Jeez-zus-kryste.

Over the past decade, out-of-state drug companies shipped 20.8 million prescription painkillers to two pharmacies four blocks apart in a Southern West Virginia town with 2,900 people, according to a congressional committee investigating the opioid crisis.

The House Energy and Commerce Committee cited the massive shipments of hydrocodone and oxycodone — two powerful painkillers — to the town of Williamson, in Mingo County, amid the panel’s inquiry into the role of drug distributors in the opioid epidemic.

I have been to Williamson (there's a NG Armory there) There's nothing there but former coal miners and poor people.

Miami-Luken did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

In February 2016, West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey ended a state lawsuit against Miami-Luken after the company agreed to pay $2.5 million to settle allegations that it flooded the state with painkillers. Morrisey, a former lobbyist for a trade group that represents Miami-Luken and other drug distributors, inherited the lawsuit in 2013 after ousting longtime Attorney General Darrell McGraw.

H.D. Smith paid the state $3.5 million to settle the same pill-dumping allegations in January 2017.

The committee gave H.D. Smith and Miami-Luken until Feb. 9 to turn over documents and answer dozens of questions about what steps, if any, the companies took to stop the flood of pain pills into Southern West Virginia.

“We will continue to investigate these distributors’ shipments of large quantities of powerful opioids across West Virginia, including what seems to be a shocking lack of oversight over their distribution practices,” Walden and Pallone said.

The state has the highest drug overdose death rate in the nation. More than 880 people fatally overdosed in West Virginia in 2016.

It's so fuckin gross down there. Those pills are not just to feed addiction, they're currency.

Medicare--->prescription--->pills---->transaction---->Rent
Mountaineer Buc

Postby NYBF » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:21 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:I have been to Williamson (there's a NG Armory there) There's nothing there but former coal miners and poor people.

And pills. Piles of pills.
NYBF

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:31 am

NYBF wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:I have been to Williamson (there's a NG Armory there) There's nothing there but former coal miners and poor people.

And pills. Piles of pills.

indeed.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Buc2 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:42 pm

The other day, I was at my periodontists discussing oral implants for an upcoming procedure I decided to have. At the end of the discussion, he wrote up 3 prescriptions that he wanted me to go ahead a fill prior to the procedure date. An oral rinse, an antibiotic and a pain reliever. He was going to prescribe an oxycodone for the pain. I told him, no thanks...that I'd rather just take ibuprofen or something like that. He said he didn't blame me. I have a fairly high pain threshold anyway, so I'm sure ibuprofen will work just fine and there's no worry about addiction.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:56 pm

I did the same thing when I broke my ankle and had surgery....said no thanks to the hard stuff

When it comes to that kind of addiction it doesn’t seem to me like it’s simply a will power thing. Too many horror stories
Zarniwoop

Postby The Outsider » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:06 pm

When I had shoulder surgery I took the Percocets and honestly I ****ing needed them. My arm and shoulder were wrecked. But the one thing I never did was get a refill. Once they were gone, they were gone.

That said I'm pretty unaffected by things that cause physical addiction.
The Outsider

Postby NYBF » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:31 pm

This is very interesting

http://www.sfchronicle.com/news/article ... 540550.php

Also, 100, thank you.
NYBF

Postby Crocaneers » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:38 pm

NYBF wrote:This is very interesting

Also, 100, thank you.

WOW .. Throw back quote .. Good memories ..
Crocaneers

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:05 pm

NYBF wrote:This is very interesting

Also, 100, thank you.

That should be federal law.
PrimeMinister

Previous

Return to Politics and Religion