Poll: Should marijuana be legalized?

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Should marijuana be legalized?

Yes
91%
Yes, but only for medical purposes
No votes
No
4%
No, but decriminalize for possession of small amounts (i.e. 1 gram or less)
4%

Total votes : 45

Re: Poll: Should marijuana be legalized?

Postby Stuart » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:33 am

Noles1724 wrote:I was talking about this the other night with a buddy (highschool friends, been smoke pals for 20 yrs now).. we can't find reggie even if we tried.. I wouldn't know the first place to look

the guy on the corner in the white t shirt is a good start
Stuart

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:46 am

Noles1724 wrote:I was talking about this the other night with a buddy (highschool friends, been smoke pals for 20 yrs now).. we can't find reggie even if we tried.. I wouldn't know the first place to look

Check your white privilege dude!! :D
DreadNaught

Postby The Outsider » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:45 pm

mdb1958 wrote:They should put cannabis user on the DL

It should be asked when acquiring auto ins. ------------------ so everybodys friggin rates can go up.

Yeah, maybe it could be something like a yellow star.
The Outsider

Postby Rocker » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:12 pm

The Outsider wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:They should put cannabis user on the DL

It should be asked when acquiring auto ins. ------------------ so everybodys friggin rates can go up.

Yeah, maybe it could be something like a yellow star.

Licenses are small; it could be easily overlooked. I think it should be more prominently displayed.
Rocker

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:06 am

Canada set to be the first G-7 nation to end prohibition.

OTTAWA—The Senate has approved the Trudeau government's landmark legislation to lift Canada's 95-year-old prohibition on recreational cannabis — but with nearly four dozen amendments that the government may not entirely accept.

Bill C-45 passed in the upper house late Thursday by a vote of 56-30 with one abstention, over the objections of Conservative senators who remained resolutely opposed.

The bill must now go back to the House of Commons, where the government will decide whether to approve, reject or modify the changes before returning it to the Senate for another vote.

Once passed, Health Minister Ginette Petitpas Taylor has said that provinces and territories will need two to three months to prepare before retail sales of legal cannabis are actually available.

Most of the Senate's amendments are minor, but about a dozen are significant, including one to allow provinces to prohibit home cultivation of cannabis if they choose, rather than accept the four marijuana plants per dwelling allowed under the bill. Quebec and Manitoba have already chosen to prohibit home-grown weed, but the amendment would erase the possibility of legal challenges to their constitutional authority to do so.

Another amendment would impose even more stringent restrictions on advertising by cannabis companies, preventing them from promoting their brands on so-called swag, such as T-shirts and ball caps.

Yet another is aimed at recognizing that marijuana is often shared socially. It would make it a summary or ticketing offence for a young adult to share five grams or less of cannabis with a minor who is no more than two years younger and it would allow parents to share it with their kids, as they can with wine or alcohol.

Playing in the CFL would become a little more popular.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby The Outsider » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:12 am

I know this is pedantic but at the end of the article the author states "like wine or alcohol." Does this mean I can go open a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon right now and I'm not an alcoholic?
The Outsider

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:17 am

The Outsider wrote:I know this is pedantic but at the end of the article the author states "like wine or alcohol." Does this mean I can go open a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon right now and I'm not an alcoholic?

Writer was probably stoned.

What blows me away is all the poison pills in there like banning home grown. Removal of constitutional challenge to that ban, restrictions on advertising, etc.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby The Outsider » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:53 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
The Outsider wrote:I know this is pedantic but at the end of the article the author states "like wine or alcohol." Does this mean I can go open a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon right now and I'm not an alcoholic?

What blows me away is all the poison pills in there like banning home grown. Removal of constitutional challenge to that ban, restrictions on advertising, etc.

I'm not surprised. Tobacco is regulated similarly.
The Outsider

Postby Brazen331 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:00 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:

In Nevada, it is illegal to cultivate your own plants unless you live more than 25 miles from a dispensary. When Florida legalizes, I imagine there will be a total ban on it. There’s just not as many rinky-dink towns surrounded by vast swaths of desert in Florida.
Brazen331

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:04 am

Brazen331 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Writer was probably stoned.

In Nevada, it is illegal to cultivate your own plants unless you live more than 25 miles from a dispensary. When Florida legalizes, I imagine there will be a total ban on it. There’s just not as many rinky-dink towns surrounded by vast swaths of desert in Florida.

Doesn't matter. I'll grow my own anyway.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby beardmcdoug » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:14 am

Brazen331 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Writer was probably stoned.

thats fuckin bullshit man!
beardmcdoug

Postby deltbucs » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:49 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Canada set to be the first G-7 nation to end prohibition.

OTTAWA—The Senate has approved the Trudeau government's landmark legislation to lift Canada's 95-year-old prohibition on recreational cannabis — but with nearly four dozen amendments that the government may not entirely accept.

Bill C-45 passed in the upper house late Thursday by a vote of 56-30 with one abstention, over the objections of Conservative senators who remained resolutely opposed.

The bill must now go back to the House of Commons, where the government will decide whether to approve, reject or modify the changes before returning it to the Senate for another vote.

Once passed, Health Minister Ginette Petitpas Taylor has said that provinces and territories will need two to three months to prepare before retail sales of legal cannabis are actually available.

Most of the Senate's amendments are minor, but about a dozen are significant, including one to allow provinces to prohibit home cultivation of cannabis if they choose, rather than accept the four marijuana plants per dwelling allowed under the bill. Quebec and Manitoba have already chosen to prohibit home-grown weed, but the amendment would erase the possibility of legal challenges to their constitutional authority to do so.

Another amendment would impose even more stringent restrictions on advertising by cannabis companies, preventing them from promoting their brands on so-called swag, such as T-shirts and ball caps.

Yet another is aimed at recognizing that marijuana is often shared socially. It would make it a summary or ticketing offence for a young adult to share five grams or less of cannabis with a minor who is no more than two years younger and it would allow parents to share it with their kids, as they can with wine or alcohol.

I read somewhere recently (maybe on the board?) how everyone smokes in the NFL. They only get tested for pot once a year and they know when the test is, so you just have to not be an idiot and quit smoking for a few weeks to pass it.
deltbucs

Postby Stuart » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:58 am

deltbucs wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Canada set to be the first G-7 nation to end prohibition.

I read somewhere recently (maybe on the board?) how everyone smokes in the NFL. They only get tested for pot once a year and they know when the test is, so you just have to not be an idiot and quit smoking for a few weeks to pass it.

pretty sure miko grimes said that
Stuart

Postby HamBone » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:34 pm

President Donald Trump said Friday that he will likely support a bipartisan bill in the Senate that would give states autonomy over their marijuana policy, putting himself directly at odds with his own attorney general.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions has long held a hardline stance on marijuana. In January, he rescinded the Cole Memo, a set of Obama-era guidelines that instructed federal law enforcement not to target marijuana operations in states where the drug is legal.

Co-sponsored by Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) and Sen. Cory Gardner (R-CO), The Strengthening the Tenth Amendment Entrusting States, or STATES Act, would protect businesses in states with legalized marijuana from federal government interference and prosecution from the Department of Justice.
HamBone

Postby deltbucs » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:40 pm

HamBone wrote:President Donald Trump said Friday that he will likely support a bipartisan bill in the Senate that would give states autonomy over their marijuana policy, putting himself directly at odds with his own attorney general.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions has long held a hardline stance on marijuana. In January, he rescinded the Cole Memo, a set of Obama-era guidelines that instructed federal law enforcement not to target marijuana operations in states where the drug is legal.

Co-sponsored by Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) and Sen. Cory Gardner (R-CO), The Strengthening the Tenth Amendment Entrusting States, or STATES Act, would protect businesses in states with legalized marijuana from federal government interference and prosecution from the Department of Justice.

I've said it once, I'll said it again. The DoJ just approved the Monsanto-Bayer merger. Big Pharma will soon own the Marjiuana seeds so it won't be a threat to them any more. It's going to be legal a lot sooner than people think.
deltbucs

Postby Jason Bourne » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:42 pm

no it should not, **** is bad for you, lung cancer, addiction, ect

Jason Bourne

Postby The Outsider » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:50 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:no it should not, **** is bad for you, lung cancer, addiction, ect

Man, my brain looks delicious.
The Outsider

Postby Cheb » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:53 pm

Of all the problems in America, recreational and medical use of marijuana is very very low on the list.

Legalize it nationally and tax it according. It would cut a substantial revenue source from organized crime, create an overall cheaper and safer product, increase tax revenue, and decriminalize a petty and often victimless crime.

Hell, three of our last four presidents admit to smoking weed (Clinton, Bush Jr, and Obama; Trump denies ever using).

I don't smoke myself but I understand those that do. Go for it.
Cheb

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:58 pm

HamBone wrote:President Donald Trump said Friday that he will likely support a bipartisan bill in the Senate that would give states autonomy over their marijuana policy, putting himself directly at odds with his own attorney general.

As soon as the Mueller probe is over Sessions will be done in the administration imo. Trump can't fire him now b/c doing so will seem like he's doing so just to get rid of Mueller (which could be partially true).

Sessions has been completely worthless as AG imo. But atleast he hasn't been criminal like Holder and Lynch, so I guess that is a silver lining. What low expectations we have for the job.
DreadNaught

Postby Buc2 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:07 pm

**** Mueller and **** his bs investigation. At this point, I have no respect for anything that witch hunter may come up with. Had it been run with any semblance of non-partisanship, maybe I'd feel differently.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby HamBone » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:13 pm

Buc2 wrote:**** Mueller and **** his bs investigation. At this point, I have no respect for anything that witch hunter may come up with. Had it been run with any semblance of non-partisanship, maybe I'd feel differently.

lol, tell how you really feel? c'mon, dude...don't keep all negative feelings bottled up. let 'em out.
HamBone

Postby Buc2 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:14 pm

Naw. I'm good now.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:21 pm

deltbucs wrote:

I've said it once, I'll said it again. The DoJ just approved the Monsanto-Bayer merger. Big Pharma will soon own the Marjiuana seeds so it won't be a threat to them any more. It's going to be legal a lot sooner than people think.

I postulated last night when considering his pardon of the drug dealing grandma that I would not be surprised if Trump makes a move to decriminalize pot to win reelection.

To which my response would be. "Thank you. Still voting for the other guy."
Mountaineer Buc

Postby The Outsider » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:26 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
deltbucs wrote:I've said it once, I'll said it again. The DoJ just approved the Monsanto-Bayer merger. Big Pharma will soon own the Marjiuana seeds so it won't be a threat to them any more. It's going to be legal a lot sooner than people think.

I postulated last night when considering his pardon of the drug dealing grandma that I would not be surprised if Trump makes a move to decriminalize pot to win reelection.

To which my response would be. "Thank you. Still voting for the other guy."

Yeah, same.
The Outsider

Postby The Outsider » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:27 pm

DreadNaught wrote:

As soon as the Mueller probe is over Sessions will be done in the administration imo. Trump can't fire him now b/c doing so will seem like he's doing so just to get rid of Mueller (which could be partially true).

Sessions has been completely worthless as AG imo. But atleast he hasn't been criminal like Holder and Lynch, so I guess that is a silver lining. What low expectations we have for the job.

To be fair Sessions is the weakest AG in a really long time. He hasn't really had a chance to do anything criminal.
The Outsider

Postby NYBF » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:19 pm

Cheb wrote:Legalize it nationally and tax it according.

Let the states keep the tax money. At this point, they've done all the work, even under threats from the feds.
NYBF

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:33 pm

Trump stated as much on the campaign trail during a rally in Nevada, not that means it's truthful or will follow through. But Trump was never anti-legalization, which made appointing Sessions AG so peculiar.

But Sessions stumped for him during the campaign when most politicians would not, so I guess AG was his reward.
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:28 pm

DreadNaught wrote:

Trump stated as much on the campaign trail during a rally in Nevada, not that means it's truthful or will follow through. But Trump was never anti-legalization, which made appointing Sessions AG so peculiar.

But Sessions stumped for him during the campaign when most politicians would not, so I guess AG was his reward.

Appointing Sessions and having Mike Pence on the ticket.

He's publicly supported medical marijuana and expressed a desire to let states do their thing, but also put out through Spicer that they'd be cracking down on states doing recreational laws citing Colorado as a "real problem"

Honestly, I don't think he gives a crap about the issue and will do it to score political points...if at all.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:30 pm

NYBF wrote:
Cheb wrote:Legalize it nationally and tax it according.

Let the states keep the tax money. At this point, they've done all the work, even under threats from the feds.

If it’s taxed, it better be a state tax, not a federal one
Zarniwoop

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:34 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:
NYBF wrote:

If it’s taxed, it better be a state tax, not a federal one

yup.

the fed needs to be taxing other things than agricultural products.
Mountaineer Buc

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion