Poll: Should marijuana be legalized?

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Should marijuana be legalized?

Yes
92%
Yes, but only for medical purposes
No votes
No
4%
No, but decriminalize for possession of small amounts (i.e. 1 gram or less)
4%

Total votes : 48

Re: Poll: Should marijuana be legalized?

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:59 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

I have IBS and insomnia to go with depression and ADD. None of those are likely to qualify me. What is likely to qualify me is I know a ton of doctors through my parents and my social circle growing up, some of them I know very well. Somebody is likely to help me out, what's stopped me is that you have to do a certain number of visits and some other **** before they can recommend MMJ for you. It tends to cost a fair bit of money and can be inconvenient as well as taking a while to sort out.

Since I really enjoy smoking more than any other vector of delivery and my guy lives in my neighborhood I haven't had a ton of incentive to jump on the legal route.

The Doc has to be certified to prescribe MMJ. If you have connections to a doc who is, you're golden.

The rest of us have to smoke dirt from wiggers until the state pulls its head out of it's ass.

Don't get me wrong, the **** works, but its Lemon haze one week and reggie the next. Zero consistency on quality.

Go to a college town. Only poor people and High School kids smoke dirt/ ****.
uscbucsfan

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:04 pm

hang out by the fine arts building!

My middle aged white ass wouldn't look suspicious at all!

My real issue is that I don't know anybody. I'm amazed I have the connection I have.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby The Outsider » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:05 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

I have IBS and insomnia to go with depression and ADD. None of those are likely to qualify me. What is likely to qualify me is I know a ton of doctors through my parents and my social circle growing up, some of them I know very well. Somebody is likely to help me out, what's stopped me is that you have to do a certain number of visits and some other **** before they can recommend MMJ for you. It tends to cost a fair bit of money and can be inconvenient as well as taking a while to sort out.

Since I really enjoy smoking more than any other vector of delivery and my guy lives in my neighborhood I haven't had a ton of incentive to jump on the legal route.

The Doc has to be certified to prescribe MMJ. If you have connections to a doc who is, you're golden.

The rest of us have to smoke dirt from wiggers until the state pulls its head out of it's ass.

Don't get me wrong, the **** works, but its Lemon haze one week and reggie the next. Zero consistency on quality.

MB, do you really think I didn't know that? The few that I grew up with are all certified. Not sure about the rest but I'm confident I'll be able to find one.

You also live in ****ing Crestview so I wouldn't expect the weed to be great. My connect in Clearwater typically imports from California or Colorado, so I'm getting some pretty solid bud all the time. Currently I'm smoking on Cherry Pie.
The Outsider

Postby The Outsider » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:06 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:hang out by the fine arts building!

My middle aged white ass wouldn't look suspicious at all!

My real issue is that I don't know anybody. I'm amazed I have the connection I have.

MB trying to pick up weed on a college campus:
The Outsider

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:08 pm

Lol.
uscbucsfan

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:09 pm

That's a fact, lol!
Mountaineer Buc

Postby beardmcdoug » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:15 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

The rest of us have to smoke dirt from wiggers

Lmfao if that ain’t the truth
beardmcdoug

Postby The Outsider » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:36 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:

I'm just here pounding my drum yelling, "That isn't ****ing true!"
The Outsider

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:39 pm

The Outsider wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:

Oh, sure. You'll sell Josh Freeman some dank bud and single handedly ruin his career, but beard and I have bad money!
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:42 pm

AND I DON'T EVEN LOOK LIKE STEVE BUSCHEMI!
Mountaineer Buc

Postby The Outsider » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:47 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

Oh, sure. You'll sell Josh Freeman some dank bud and single handedly ruin his career, but beard and I have bad money!

I'll let you know next time I'm in LA, let me know how much you want and I'll drop it off on the way back. :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Outsider

Postby bucfanclw » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:40 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:AND I DON'T EVEN LOOK LIKE STEVE BUSCHEMI!

Buschemi has much younger looking skin than MB.
bucfanclw

Postby mdb1958 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:48 am

In vehicle death accidents you can expect an increase in people going to jail for manslaughter. Smoke on bro.
mdb1958

Postby bucfanclw » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:49 am

mdb1958 wrote:In vehicle death accidents you can expect an increase in people going to jail for manslaughter. Smoke on bro.

So we should outlaw alcohol?
bucfanclw

Postby mdb1958 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:55 am

bucfanclw wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:In vehicle death accidents you can expect an increase in people going to jail for manslaughter. Smoke on bro.

So we should outlaw alcohol?

Just telling you impaired could make you big Bubba's play toy.
mdb1958

Postby Stuart » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:01 am

which is why it isn't done by responsible folks. and yes they should crack down on it and have some sort of test like a breathalyzer for smoke..
Stuart

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:12 am

I don't believe stoned drivers will be a problem. I'm sure there is some data in states where cannabis has been legalized already.

If vehicular safety is really an issue people want to address we would go after the cell phone companies. Distracted drivers who can't put their god damn phone down account far more deaths than all substances (weed, alcohol, pills, etc) combined and it's not close. It's an epidemic imo and nobody talks about it on a national level b/c 'we love our phones'. But just in teenagers alone (under 18) we average 9 deaths per day due to distracted drivers in this country. That doesn't even account for the people they hit. Everyone virtue signals about how kids need to be protected and their lives are so important (which they are), yet not a ****ing peep about this issue.

Stoned drivers are way down the list of things I'm worried about during my commute. Old people, Asian women, drunks, and of course anyone who drives with their phone in hand are MUCH bigger issues on the road imo.

Personally I think I drive much better and safer after I smoke. I'm more relaxed, thus obey the speed limit and am content just staying in my lane and not getting the road rage.
Last edited by DreadNaught on Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
DreadNaught

Postby NYBF » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:22 am

beardmcdoug wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:

Pretty sure I'm older than both of you and would have little to no problem finding quality **** if I needed to.
NYBF

Postby deltbucs » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:43 am

DreadNaught wrote:

I don't believe stoned drivers will be a problem. I'm sure there is some data in states where cannabis has been legalized already.

If vehicular safety is really issue people want address we would go after the cell phone companies. Distracted drivers who can't put their god damn phone down account far more deaths than all substances (weed, alcohol, pills, etc) combined and it's not close. It's an epidemic imo and nobody talks about it on a national level b/c 'we love our phones'. But just in teenagers alone (under 18) we average 9 deaths per day due to distracted drivers in this country. That doesn't even account for the people they hit. Everyone virtue signals about how kids need to be protected and their lives are so important (which they are), yet not a ****ing peep about this issue.

Stoned drivers are way down the list of things I'm worried about during my commute. Old people, Asian women, drunks, and of course anyone who drives with their phone in hand are MUCH bigger issues on the road imo.

Personally I think I drive much better and safer after I smoke. I'm more relaxed, thus obey the speed limit and am content just staying in my lane and not getting the road rage.

Very good point on cell phones. I can't believe how often I pass someone on the interstate that's playing on their phone while they're driving.

And we should really crack down on people driving stoned if we're worried about people driving cautious, defensive, and doing the speed limit.
deltbucs

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:50 am

I don't need to be driving stoned.

No need for a law there as far as I'm concerned.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:52 am

Denver post has some good articles on this, I remember reading several articles there over the years. They release the number of people killed while having marijuana in their system while driving. The state seems to be taking a proactive role in trying to figure out the impact on driving and public safety in general
Zarniwoop

Postby deltbucs » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:01 am

Zarniwoop wrote:Denver post has some good articles on this, I remember reading several articles there over the years. They release the number of people killed while having marijuana in their system while driving. The state seems to be taking a proactive role in trying to figure out the impact on driving and public safety in general

But it stays in your system for like a month. I'm not sure of the exact parameters they're using, but if there's pot in their system that doesn't necessarily mean they were stoned while driving.
deltbucs

Postby Buc2 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:06 am

deltbucs wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:Denver post has some good articles on this, I remember reading several articles there over the years. They release the number of people killed while having marijuana in their system while driving. The state seems to be taking a proactive role in trying to figure out the impact on driving and public safety in general

But it stays in your system for like a month. I'm not sure of the exact parameters they're using, but if there's pot in their system that doesn't necessarily mean they were stoned while driving.

Exactly. I take those articles with a grain of salt.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:12 am

I don’t care enough about the topic to dig into details one way or the other so I’m not certain how they measured it only that the State has current impairment laws on the books and that is the threshold most of the studies seemed to use
Zarniwoop

Postby mdb1958 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:16 am

They should put cannabis user on the DL

It should be asked when acquiring auto ins. ------------------ so everybodys friggin rates can go up.
mdb1958

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:27 am

No thanks
Zarniwoop

Postby deltbucs » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:04 am

mdb1958 wrote:They should put cannabis user on the DL

It should be asked when acquiring auto ins. ------------------ so everybodys friggin rates can go up.

Have you ever tried the marijuanas, mdb?
deltbucs

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:18 am

deltbucs wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:They should put cannabis user on the DL

Have you ever tried the marijuanas, mdb?

Mountaineer Buc

Postby Noles1724 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:20 am

I was talking about this the other night with a buddy (highschool friends, been smoke pals for 20 yrs now).. we can't find reggie even if we tried.. I wouldn't know the first place to look
Last edited by Noles1724 on Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Noles1724

Postby Noles1724 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:25 am

The Outsider wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Let me know how that goes. I don't have any of the specific conditions so that just leaves the one grey area.

I've heard the same about the cost and multiple visits. I also heard that you have to pay a fee or something along those lines every year or so to renew the prescription. Both of these things I heard from a guy who has his card.

Personally I get my product from growers that LOVE their plants, so quality wise I'm already 'dispensary' certified. I just want the card so I don't have to be worried about driving around with product on me. That was a weird feeling when in CO, just left a dispensary and rolled up next to a cop. I had to remind myself that I was fine and had nothing to worry about.
Noles1724

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion