Sexual harassment thread

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Sexual harassment thread

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:49 pm

Wait DN is for mandatory sexual harassment of women?

Disgusting
Zarniwoop

Postby beardmcdoug » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:03 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
NYBF wrote:
I have no idea who Rodney Anderson is, so I've got no opinion on him.

I just saw something about Buccigross today. ESPN released some text messages? According to the woman, they hand picked which messages they released. Is he guilty? Is she lying? I have no idea.

The bolded part is funny to me. You have decided that Buccigross is innocent solely because ESPN said he was. That's definitely not reactionary or anything. I don't know that I've weighed in one way or another on any of the cases in these threads. Many in these threads seems to have already decided the women are either lying or were asking for it with how they dress or act. But I'm the reactionary, moral grandstander.

As far as the Buccigross story goes, in text messages he allegedly sent to her he uses hashtags to describe her. That, to me, is a punishable offense. I don't know if that means he's a sexual harasser. But it does mean he's a dipshit.

And if you spent any time on the official board, you would have known that I was the one speaking out against the lying bitch in the Duke lacrosse case from the very get go because of inconsistencies in her story.

I decided the allegations of sexual assault against Buccigross were baseless because I don't see any merit to the accusation. It speaks volumes that a company like ESPN decides after vetting the information to support their employee instead of taking the easy way out and just suspending him and just believing the accuser.

Buccigross and this women seemed to be friends and had met outside of work (at her request no less) multiple times. Nothing in that exchange was inappropriate. If "Doll/Dollface" is a term that she found offensive why can't she simply text back saying "hey, I'd prefer you not use that term"? Instead of parsing that into a claim of sexual assault WAY after the fact.

I assume many of us currently or have worked in some type of professional environment. If someone engages in dialogue you feel is inappropriate (regardless of gender) than you should set boundaries as to what is appropriate. If the behavior continues a 2nd-3rd-etc time than by all means you should escalate via the appropriate channel.

As I've said before I'm glad society is having this awakening, this type of behavior has been systemic with people in power. I just believe we can't lose our objectivity and ideals regarding the presumption of innocence. Opportunistic people will use this for their own personal gain and not care who is damaged unjustly in that process.

Well said, DN.

Bolded portion x 1,000,000

also, NY, cmon man, you know bitches love hashtags
beardmcdoug

Postby NYBF » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:07 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
NYBF wrote:
I have no idea who Rodney Anderson is, so I've got no opinion on him.

I just saw something about Buccigross today. ESPN released some text messages? According to the woman, they hand picked which messages they released. Is he guilty? Is she lying? I have no idea.

The bolded part is funny to me. You have decided that Buccigross is innocent solely because ESPN said he was. That's definitely not reactionary or anything. I don't know that I've weighed in one way or another on any of the cases in these threads. Many in these threads seems to have already decided the women are either lying or were asking for it with how they dress or act. But I'm the reactionary, moral grandstander.

As far as the Buccigross story goes, in text messages he allegedly sent to her he uses hashtags to describe her. That, to me, is a punishable offense. I don't know if that means he's a sexual harasser. But it does mean he's a dipshit.

And if you spent any time on the official board, you would have known that I was the one speaking out against the lying bitch in the Duke lacrosse case from the very get go because of inconsistencies in her story.

I decided the allegations of sexual assault against Buccigross were baseless because I don't see any merit to the accusation. It speaks volumes that a company like ESPN decides after vetting the information to support their employee instead of taking the easy way out and just suspending him and just believing the accuser.

Buccigross and this women seemed to be friends and had met outside of work (at her request no less) multiple times. Nothing in that exchange was inappropriate. If "Doll/Dollface" is a term that she found offensive why can't she simply text back saying "hey, I'd prefer you not use that term"? Instead of parsing that into a claim of sexual assault WAY after the fact.

I assume many of us currently or have worked in some type of professional environment. If someone engages in dialogue you feel is inappropriate (regardless of gender) than you should set boundaries as to what is appropriate. If the behavior continues a 2nd-3rd-etc time than by all means you should escalate via the appropriate channel.

As I've said before I'm glad society is having this awakening, this type of behavior has been systemic with people in power. I just believe we can't lose our objectivity and ideals regarding the presumption of innocence. Opportunistic people will use this for their own personal gain and not care who is damaged unjustly in that process.

Thankfully someone in this thread has a better reason than "she was asking for it." Like I said, I haven't seen much about the buccigross story, so I don't have an opinion either way. I do know men who have worked at espn... And if the head honchos at espn cared half as much as you think they do, they'd be in a good place. Not to say they're just covering their ass here. Regardless, there's still no reason to ever use a hashtag when flirting with a woman.

And you're right. I'm sure there are opportunistic people looking to use this current climate to their advantage. And while this particular story only has one accuser, when you look at some of the others and it's 5-10 deep, all with the same story before anything came out publicly (Batali), I'm admittedly going to lean more toward believing it than not.
NYBF

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:11 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:Wait DN is for mandatory sexual harassment of women?

Disgusting

Luckily I'm good looking, nobody reports to me, and not rich or famous. So it's nearly impossible for me to sexually harass someone. ;)
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:38 pm

Dread believes women should stfu.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:44 pm

Phantom Phenom wrote:So sick of this. The majority of these women wanted something out of this relationship; a leading role for example. I just don’t believe all these women weren’t culpable at one time or another. Just my opinion.

If it wasn't worth reporting yesterday or two months ago or 47 years ago then today holds no water. Als look at how the majority of these women act, dress and behave, sure not all put out vibes saying please touch me and no, no one should be subject to harassment or assault but a woman must make sure she's not inviting trouble and then if it does happen kick him where it hurts the most.

But this is totally different because it's boys, amirite?

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-ct-goddard-accusers-20171220-story.html

Anthony Edwards was one of his victims. Maybe he's just looking for the big payday
Mountaineer Buc

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:58 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Phantom Phenom wrote:So sick of this. The majority of these women wanted something out of this relationship; a leading role for example. I just don’t believe all these women weren’t culpable at one time or another. Just my opinion.

If it wasn't worth reporting yesterday or two months ago or 47 years ago then today holds no water. Als look at how the majority of these women act, dress and behave, sure not all put out vibes saying please touch me and no, no one should be subject to harassment or assault but a woman must make sure she's not inviting trouble and then if it does happen kick him where it hurts the most.

But this is totally different because it's boys, amirite?

I think pedophilia is different, but you may disagree and lump them altogether.

There is a continuum to all of this behavior and allegations imo, or atleast should be. Outing a pedophile who committed child rape is not the same as virtue signalling about how some guy got a bit handsy at the company Christmas party two decades ago when you were 25yrs old. But in this current enviorment people are demonizing them the same way. To me that is absurd.

I care about actual victims of sexual assault the serial offenders in power being held accountable. I don't much care to hear about how some girl got her ass grabbed 20 years ago. Or how her boss placed his hand lower on her back than she was comfortable with, yet she never corrected the persons behavior and is now considered some brave victim and lumped in the same group as people that were raped.
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:25 pm

My favorite was when 9 women spoke up about their abuser they were decried as liars who were paid off for their fake stories.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:28 pm

The govt is bound and determined not to give us information on how our tax money is being used to settle claims

Ridiculous

Tim Kaine asked to get the information and not only was it denied....the reason was that the gov’t doesn’t even keep detailed records on the claims

https://www.yahoo.com/news/tim-kaine-as ... 07269.html
Zarniwoop

Postby Buc2 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:38 pm

Do as I say, not as I do.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:42 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:My favorite was when 9 women spoke up about their abuser they were decried as liars who were paid off for their fake stories.

Blame their sleezy lawyer who solicited donations from wealthy Democrat donors to pay them, providing they made a timely and public accusation.

Their story mattered, but only if it was before Nov 8th, 2016, amirite?

You a fan of Bloom/Allred?
DreadNaught

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:02 pm

Buc2 wrote:Do as I say, not as I do.

Leave it to politicians to take it a step farther, the aphorism is now....

Do as I say, but you aren't even allowed to look at what I do!!!!
Zarniwoop

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:48 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:My favorite was when 9 women spoke up about their abuser they were decried as liars who were paid off for their fake stories.

Blame their sleezy lawyer who solicited donations from wealthy Democrat donors to pay them, providing they made a timely and public accusation.

You have proof they were paid? No, you don't because they weren't.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:41 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

You have proof they were paid? No, you don't because they weren't.

So you missed the story in TheHill this past week about how there was money offered on multiple occasions from Allred for accusors to go public?

Or is TheHill fake news?
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:39 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:You have proof they were paid? No, you don't because they weren't.

So you missed the story in TheHill this past week about how there was money offered on multiple occasions from Allred for accusors to go public?

Or is TheHill fake news?

Im sur it depends on what they report to you.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:29 pm

Stan Lee, the founder of Marvel Comics who is currently 95 years old has been accused of 'groping' nurses that cared for him at his residence in addition to 'demanding oral sex in the shower' from them.

I really hate the media, this story is nonsense.

IDGAF, I'm still going to watch Black Panther and IW on opening weekend! :birdiedoublered:
DreadNaught

Postby RedLeader » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:16 pm

RedLeader

Postby Sammich » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:00 pm

Sexual assault is a terrible crime, but IMO false accusations are just as bad and should carry the same penalty. I feel for all of those that are victims- truly I do- and their stories are being swept under the rug for these high profile pissing matches.

Sexual assault has become the new race card. It will remain unchallengeable until it's overuse causes it to become almost completely ignored. Then true victims will be ignored and that's not good for a healthy society.

Here's an example of a claim that is hurting the cause. Daddy Bush was accused of groping a woman. The meat and potatoes of the story is that she wanted a picture with him. He agreed and when they lined up for the pic she claims he felt her up. Looking at the picture you can see that Daddy Bush is in a wheelchair and the accuser is tall (or possibly wearing heels) and his shoulder lines up perfectly with her hip. Is it not reasonable to assume that when he put his arm around her that her butt just happened to be where his hand landed? Thats before you factor in that they were In aroom full of people (including several members of his family) and weren't the only ones in the pic.

It's stories like this that make the papers. It's also stories like this that lead to the cause as a whole to not be taken as seriously as it should be.

https://goo.gl/images/YuaCRn
Sammich

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:09 pm

Sammich wrote:Sexual assault is a terrible crime, but IMO false accusations are just as bad and should carry the same penalty. I feel for all of those that are victims- truly I do- and their stories are being swept under the rug for these high profile pissing matches.

Sexual assault has become the new race card. It will remain unchallengeable until it's overuse causes it to become almost completely ignored. Then true victims will be ignored and that's not good for a healthy society.

Here's an example of a claim that is hurting the cause. Daddy Bush was accused of groping a woman. The meat and potatoes of the story is that she wanted a picture with him. He agreed and when they lined up for the pic she claims he felt her up. Looking at the picture you can see that Daddy Bush is in a wheelchair and the accuser is tall (or possibly wearing heels) and his shoulder lines up perfectly with her hip. Is it not reasonable to assume that when he put his arm around her that her butt just happened to be where his hand landed? Thats before you factor in that they were In aroom full of people (including several members of his family) and weren't the only ones in the pic.

It's stories like this that make the papers. It's also stories like this that lead to the cause as a whole to not be taken as seriously as it should be.

No.

Sexual Battery in the State of Florida has a maximum sentence of 15 years (among adults with no weapons or coersion involved). You're suggesting criminally prosecuting victims for failing to provide proof beyond a reasonable doubt at their rapist's trial. That's not how it works.

That's damned surefire way to make sure everything stays under the rug and nobody is ever prosecuted, let alone accused...ever.

You would push all sexual crimes not involving hard forensic evidence into civil court.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:33 pm

i'll avoid the prosecuting of false claims as i have little interesting in discussing that....but in regards to the movement itself, this movement like any movement can certainly lose focus and at some point do more harm then good if it stops being about the victims and starts being about the people in the movement. we've seen this happen time and time again...when hypocritical loudmouths feign interest in a cause with the sole purpose of looking good to their peers.

sadly for the victims of horrific assaults, i think we are getting pretty close to that point right now. the one and only criteria for this current movement should be to help the women who have been abused and assaulted. that's it.
Zarniwoop

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:36 pm

hollywood has successfully pivoted the attention towards "metoo" and "sexual assault/descrimination against women", and away from hollywood's bigger problem, pedophilia. CGI, smokescreens, and steering emotions are their business, after all. and all we got out of this was a night of see-through black dresses and plunging necklines with an extra helping of self congratulatory virtue signalling... and the 24 hr news cycle turns...
beardmcdoug

Postby Sammich » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:00 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Sammich wrote:Sexual assault is a terrible crime, but IMO false accusations are just as bad and should carry the same penalty. I feel for all of those that are victims- truly I do- and their stories are being swept under the rug for these high profile pissing matches.

No.

Sexual Battery in the State of Florida has a maximum sentence of 15 years (among adults with no weapons or coersion involved). You're suggesting criminally prosecuting victims for failing to provide proof beyond a reasonable doubt at their rapist's trial. That's not how it works.

That's damned surefire way to make sure everything stays under the rug and nobody is ever prosecuted, let alone accused...ever.

You would push all sexual crimes not involving hard forensic evidence into civil court.

I'm referring to the ones where the accused proves their innocence beyond the shadow of a doubt, not the ones where the evidence is inconclusive either way. Getting falsely accused can ruin a person's life- there should be some defense against it.
Sammich

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:28 pm

Sammich wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:
No.

I'm referring to the ones where the accused proves their innocence beyond the shadow of a doubt, not the ones where the evidence is inconclusive either way. Getting falsely accused can ruin a person's life- there should be some defense against it.

There is a defense: civil court.
PrimeMinister

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:29 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:hollywood has successfully pivoted the attention towards "metoo" and "sexual assault/descrimination against women", and away from hollywood's bigger problem, pedophilia. CGI, smokescreens, and steering emotions are their business, after all. and all we got out of this was a night of see-through black dresses and plunging necklines with an extra helping of self congratulatory virtue signalling... and the 24 hr news cycle turns...

Was there a news story going around about Hollywood and pedophiles? Serious question. You’re saying Hollywood’s true issue is pedophilia, but I don’t recall seeing that substantiated anywhere.
PrimeMinister

Postby RedLeader » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:06 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:hollywood has successfully pivoted the attention towards "metoo" and "sexual assault/descrimination against women", and away from hollywood's bigger problem, pedophilia. CGI, smokescreens, and steering emotions are their business, after all. and all we got out of this was a night of see-through black dresses and plunging necklines with an extra helping of self congratulatory virtue signalling... and the 24 hr news cycle turns...

Was there a news story going around about Hollywood and pedophiles? Serious question. You’re saying Hollywood’s true issue is pedophilia, but I don’t recall seeing that substantiated anywhere.

Ummmmm...

RedLeader

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:15 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:

If you're serious about the issue, prepare to dig. And prepare yourself to not ever see Hollywood or movies the same. If you only give half a ****, don't bother and enjoy the movies. Otherwise, as a primer, coincidentally, this came out today:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/ronan-farrow-hollywood-prince-who-torched-castle-1073405

Read more into Corey Haim and Corey Feldman. Dude is not lying. And now you've got Rhodes Scholar/son of Woody Allen backing his descriptions... it's a deep rabbit hole... prepare yourself. Dont really know what else to tell you... it's all conjecture until you internalize the big picture

Spacey was an underaged kid. Brooke shields playboy (not actually playboy but that will get you close enough). Some of the "originals" "selling" their children. The new Bella Thorne stuff. There's more, can't think of it off the top.

Lol I know I'm going to get called nuts for this post, but time will tell the truth. For now this is the 4 beer response, if I get time tomorrow I'll give you the 4 coffee response
beardmcdoug

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:45 am

RedLeader wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:

Ummmmm...

Who is that?
PrimeMinister

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:45 am

beardmcdoug wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:

If you're serious about the issue, prepare to dig. And prepare yourself to not ever see Hollywood or movies the same. If you only give half a ****, don't bother and enjoy the movies. Otherwise, as a primer, coincidentally, this came out today:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/ronan-farrow-hollywood-prince-who-torched-castle-1073405

Read more into Corey Haim and Corey Feldman. Dude is not lying. And now you've got Rhodes Scholar/son of Woody Allen backing his descriptions... it's a deep rabbit hole... prepare yourself. Dont really know what else to tell you... it's all conjecture until you internalize the big picture

Spacey was an underaged kid. Brooke shields playboy (not actually playboy but that will get you close enough). Some of the "originals" "selling" their children. The new Bella Thorne stuff. There's more, can't think of it off the top.

Lol I know I'm going to get called nuts for this post, but time will tell the truth. For now this is the 4 beer response, if I get time tomorrow I'll give you the 4 coffee response

Thanks. Reading it now.
PrimeMinister

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:22 am

PrimeMinister wrote:
RedLeader wrote:
Ummmmm...

Who is that?

Two very popular child actors from the 80's.
DreadNaught

Postby Buc2 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:21 am

The media doesn't seem too interested in this book. And here I thought #MeToo was trending?

Don't tread on me
Buc2

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion