Sexual harassment thread

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Sexual harassment thread

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:54 pm

Buc2 wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:Better place for this story...

I have a question for the group; When did sending **** pics become so popular? I'm 38yrs old and although I dated before I was married (although I got married before Tinder so missed out on that) and have never sent a **** pic to anyone, or even taken a picture of myself to have just in case I was asked. Yet many of these stories involve men my age or older sending nudes unsolicited. When did that become a thing? I feel like an old man asking these questions but here in this case at the NFLN you have men my age and older ALL sending nudes to a 51 year old women.

WTF is going on??

As far as the story goes if she has these texts it should be pretty straight forward, but it also sounds like she may have an ax to grind after being fired for stealing.

I've been asked by a woman to send them a **** pic, but I've never sent one unsolicited.

In all seriousness this is where I stand. Naughty stuff on the phone with your partner is fun

It’s ridiculous to send something to a stranger and akin to flashing them
Zarniwoop

Postby beardmcdoug » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:03 pm

I blow up my wife's phone with unsolicited **** pics all the time
beardmcdoug

Postby Ken Carson » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:06 pm

Buc2 wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:Better place for this story...

I have a question for the group; When did sending **** pics become so popular? I'm 38yrs old and although I dated before I was married (although I got married before Tinder so missed out on that) and have never sent a **** pic to anyone, or even taken a picture of myself to have just in case I was asked. Yet many of these stories involve men my age or older sending nudes unsolicited. When did that become a thing? I feel like an old man asking these questions but here in this case at the NFLN you have men my age and older ALL sending nudes to a 51 year old women.

WTF is going on??

As far as the story goes if she has these texts it should be pretty straight forward, but it also sounds like she may have an ax to grind after being fired for stealing.

I've been asked by a woman to send them a **** pic, but I've never sent one unsolicited.

Someone please erase my entire memory. I don't care if I can't recognize close family members as long as that image is removed.
Ken Carson

Postby Buc2 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:09 pm

You wouldn't say that if you saw it. :lol:
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:18 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:I blow up my wife's phone with unsolicited **** pics all the time

Link? j/k Anything between consenting partners isn't really what I'm talking about here.

There seems to be this culture I'm completely unaware of where men send female colleagues and/or just females they are not in a consensual physical relationship with unsolicited nudes. I've read stories here and there where guys are having their pics end up on the internet but never really thought it was prevalent like it seems to be.

It just seems really odd to me. I mean why do people do this? You're basically leaving yourself open to civil proceeding and disgrace if you have any type of resources or atleast voluntarily violating your own privacy. And for what? Is the motivation that if I send this girl a pic of my **** she'll what to have sex?

I get it, if you're chatting a girl up/flirting and she makes the request than I have no issue with it b/c it's consent. But I'm having a tough time understanding the whole unsolicited **** pic phenomenon.
DreadNaught

Postby Buc2 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:23 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:I blow up my wife's phone with unsolicited **** pics all the time

Link? j/k Anything between consenting partners isn't really what I'm talking about here.

There seems to be this culture I'm completely unaware of where men send female colleagues and/or just females they are not in a consensual physical relationship with unsolicited nudes. I've read stories here and there where guys are having their pics end up on the internet but never really thought it was prevalent like it seems to be.

It just seems really odd to me. I mean why do people do this? You're basically leaving yourself open to civil proceeding and disgrace if you have any type of resources or atleast voluntarily violating your own privacy. And for what? Is the motivation that if I send this girl a pic of my **** she'll what to have sex?

I get it, if you're chatting a girl up/flirting and she makes the request than I have no issue with it b/c it's consent. But I'm having a tough time understanding the whole unsolicited **** pic phenomenon.

Oh, I knew what you meant. And, like you, I don't get it either. At the very least, it's a stupid thing to do. Especially in light of today's social climate.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby bucfanclw » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:29 pm

Laura Ingram was complaining the other day about how the #metoo movement is going to ruin Christmas parties this year. I mean, what's a Christmas party without a little sexual assault, am I right?
bucfanclw

Postby PrimeMinister » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:14 pm

Since we got married (and before marriage tbh) I’ve sent **** pics to my wife. She like sit and it’s fun games so no problem. Before marriage I sent a few as well, but never unsolicited.
PrimeMinister

Postby PrimeMinister » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:15 pm

Same here. My phone is filthy as hell and so is hers.
PrimeMinister

Postby NYBF » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:25 pm

bucfanclw wrote:Laura Ingram was complaining the other day about how the #metoo movement is going to ruin Christmas parties this year. I mean, what's a Christmas party without a little sexual assault, am I right?

Say, what's in this drink?
NYBF

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:04 pm

bucfanclw wrote:Laura Ingram was complaining the other day about how the #metoo movement is going to ruin Christmas parties this year. I mean, what's a Christmas party without a little sexual assault, am I right?

Well, it's a FoxNews party so.....

But to be fair it seems many of the major news networks had this stuff going on.
DreadNaught

Postby NYBF » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:08 am

NYBF

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:07 am

What a shame, but not surprising. Just wait until until they find a staffer that didn't leave on great terms and is willing to be an accomplice to disgrace someone. We'll have to believe her in that case b/c nobody would ever just make up a claim based on some ulterior motive, amirite?
DreadNaught

Postby sanka » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:42 am

The power of the punani...you cannot even look at a woman's ass anymore Image
"History is a set of lies agreed upon." - Napoleon
sanka

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:36 pm

Anyone followed the Rodney Anderson story? He's the leading rusher for Oklahoma.

He was recently accused of rape on Dec. 5th by a girl he met at a party on Nov. 16th. Apparently the girl "remembered" she was raped 2 weeks later after talking with friends and filed a protective order against Anderson accusing him of rape.

Turns out there was a chain of texts from the accuser to Anderson AFTER the night of the alleged rape wanting more of a relationship, in which Anderson seemed to NOT want any part of. So she then "remembered" that she was raped.

Good to see the local DA announce today that no charges will be pursued due to "inconsistencies".

I hope this type of thing doesn't prevent ACTUAL victims from coming forward, but this needs to be a PRIME example of why it's incumbent on society NOT to rush to judgement in these situations. Furthermore there needs to be some type of process to punish false accusers. **** like this is not fair to anyone and there is nothing to prevent it from happening.

edit - typos
Last edited by DreadNaught on Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DreadNaught

Postby sanka » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:23 pm

^ Practically what happened to Winston at Fsu.
"History is a set of lies agreed upon." - Napoleon
sanka

Postby Phantom Phenom » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:41 pm

So sick of this. The majority of these women wanted something out of this relationship; a leading role for example. I just don’t believe all these women weren’t culpable at one time or another. Just my opinion.

If it wasn't worth reporting yesterday or two months ago or 47 years ago then today holds no water. Als look at how the majority of these women act, dress and behave, sure not all put out vibes saying please touch me and no, no one should be subject to harassment or assault but a woman must make sure she's not inviting trouble and then if it does happen kick him where it hurts the most.
Phantom Phenom

Postby NYBF » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:44 pm

Phantom Phenom wrote:Als look at how the majority of these women act, dress and behave,

Oh?
NYBF

Postby Phantom Phenom » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:47 pm

It’s a shame all the women are coming forward 20-30 years later. Why now?
Phantom Phenom

Postby Buc2 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:53 pm

Kansas Dem Andrea Ramsey, accused of sexual harassment, to quit U.S. House race
BY LINDSAY WISE AND BRYAN LOWRY
McClatchy Washington Bureau and The Kansas City Star
DECEMBER 15, 2017 08:52 AM

WASHINGTON
Andrea Ramsey, a Democratic candidate for Congress, will drop out of the race after The Kansas City Star asked her about accusations in a 2005 lawsuit that she sexually harassed and retaliated against a male subordinate who said he had rejected her advances.

Multiple sources with knowledge of the case told The Star that the man reached a settlement with LabOne, the company where Ramsey was executive vice president of human resources. Court documents show that the man, Gary Funkhouser, and LabOne agreed to dismiss the case permanently after mediation in 2006.

Ramsey, a 56-year-old retired business executive from Leawood, was one of the Democratic candidates vying to challenge Republican Rep. Kevin Yoder in 2018 in Kansas’ 3rd District.

She was running with the endorsement of Emily’s List, a liberal women’s group that has raised more than a half-million dollars to help female candidates who support abortion rights.

Ramsey will drop out on Friday, her campaign said.

“In its rush to claim the high ground in our roiling national conversation about harassment, the Democratic Party has implemented a zero tolerance standard,” Ramsey said in a statement Friday. “For me, that means a vindictive, terminated employee’s false allegations are enough for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) to decide not to support our promising campaign. We are in a national moment where rough justice stands in place of careful analysis, nuance and due process.”

The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, which has not endorsed anyone in the race, said in a statement that members and candidates must all be held to the highest standard.

“If anyone is guilty of sexual harassment or sexual assault, that person should not hold public office,” said committee spokeswoman Meredith Kelly.

Emily’s List said in a statement on Friday that the group supported Ramsey’s decision to drop out of the race and wished her well.

Ramsey was not a party to the lawsuit or the settlement, although she’s referred to throughout the complaint as Andrea Thomas, her name before she married her husband in late 2006. She denied the allegations to the Star in two interviews over the last two weeks and said the lawsuit is surfacing now for political purposes.

Ramsey repeatedly said that she was not aware of any settlement in the case, but said that if she had been a party to the case she would have opposed settling.

“Had those allegations, those false allegations, been brought against me directly instead of the company I would have fought to exonerate my name. I never would’ve settled,” Ramsey said in an interview on Thursday. “And I would have sued the disgruntled, vindictive employee for defamation.”

If you want to read more: http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics ... 32394.html
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:26 pm

Looks like another false claim of sexual assault involving ESPN's John Buccigross and Matthew Berry.

Turns out that even ESPN has come out and stated the allegations are without merit and even released a series of texts between the two. Based on the texts the accuser sounds like the stalker and when she wasn't retained decided to throw someone that was her friend under the bus to get vengeance.

This is such bullshit that you can just accuse someone of sexual assault without evidence or repercussions when it's determined the allegations are without merit.

I don't care if you're a man or woman, if you get sexually assaulted report it immediately with whatever evidence you have. These allegations that arise only when you don't get your way should be criminal, or atleast libel if they are without merit.

Read more here if interested
DreadNaught

Postby beardmcdoug » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:37 pm

DreadNaught wrote:Looks like another false claim of sexual assault involving ESPN's John Buccigross and Matthew Berry.

Turns out that even ESPN has come out and stated the allegations are without merit and even released a series of texts between the two. Based on the texts the accuser sounds like the stalker and when she wasn't retained decided to throw someone that was her friend under the bus to get vengeance.

This is such bullshit that you can just accuse someone of sexual assault without evidence or repercussions when it's determined the allegations are without merit.

I don't care if you're a man or woman, if you get sexually assaulted report it immediately with whatever evidence you have. These allegations that arise only when you don't get your way should be criminal, or atleast libel if they are without merit.

Read more here if interested

beardmcdoug

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:42 pm

Not sure what's going on in that picture, but it made me laugh.
uscbucsfan

Postby Swashy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:47 pm

How the **** did this thread get 2 pages before any mention of this?

Swashy

Postby Buc You » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:49 pm

Is this where I report Delt for grabbing my **** during a basketball game?
Buc You

Postby NYBF » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:52 pm

Buc You wrote:Is this where I report Delt for grabbing my **** during a basketball game?

Did it happen in the last 30 seconds? If not, you waited too long.

Were you wearing provocative clothing? If so, you were asking for it.

Do you have irrefutable proof that he grabbed your ****? Because if you don't, and delt simply says he didn't, that's enough to prove you wrong.

I think I have all the basics of this thread covered. Please let me know if I missed anything.
NYBF

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:25 pm

NYBF wrote:
Buc You wrote:Is this where I report Delt for grabbing my **** during a basketball game?

Do you have irrefutable proof that he grabbed your ****? Because if you don't, and delt simply says he didn't, that's enough to prove you wrong.

I think I have all the basics of this thread covered. Please let me know if I missed anything.

So you have no issue with the accusers in the Rodney Anderson or John Buccigross situation? Do you think they are brave for sharing their story, despite ONLY doing so after they felt wronged by something that had nothing to do w/ sexual assault?

Reactionary, moral grandstanding people like you that make judgments based solely on an accusation are the reason guys like Brian Banks had his life ruined.

I don't think there anything wrong with asking for facts to be known (something more then "he did it") before we place judgement and disgrace someone. But that is just me.
DreadNaught

Postby NYBF » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:44 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
NYBF wrote:

So you have no issue with the accusers in the Rodney Anderson or John Buccigross situation? Do you think they are brave for sharing their story, despite ONLY doing so after they felt wronged by something that had nothing to do w/ sexual assault?

Reactionary, moral grandstanding people like you that make judgments based solely on an accusation are the reason guys like Brian Banks had his life ruined.

I don't think there anything wrong with asking for facts to be known (something more then "he did it") before we place judgement and disgrace someone. But that is just me.

I have no idea who Rodney Anderson is, so I've got no opinion on him.

I just saw something about Buccigross today. ESPN released some text messages? According to the woman, they hand picked which messages they released. Is he guilty? Is she lying? I have no idea.

The bolded part is funny to me. You have decided that Buccigross is innocent solely because ESPN said he was. That's definitely not reactionary or anything. I don't know that I've weighed in one way or another on any of the cases in these threads. Many in these threads seems to have already decided the women are either lying or were asking for it with how they dress or act. But I'm the reactionary, moral grandstander.

As far as the Buccigross story goes, in text messages he allegedly sent to her he uses hashtags to describe her. That, to me, is a punishable offense. I don't know if that means he's a sexual harasser. But it does mean he's a dipshit.

And if you spent any time on the official board, you would have known that I was the one speaking out against the lying bitch in the Duke lacrosse case from the very get go because of inconsistencies in her story.
NYBF

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:40 pm

NYBF wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

I have no idea who Rodney Anderson is, so I've got no opinion on him.

I just saw something about Buccigross today. ESPN released some text messages? According to the woman, they hand picked which messages they released. Is he guilty? Is she lying? I have no idea.

The bolded part is funny to me. You have decided that Buccigross is innocent solely because ESPN said he was. That's definitely not reactionary or anything. I don't know that I've weighed in one way or another on any of the cases in these threads. Many in these threads seems to have already decided the women are either lying or were asking for it with how they dress or act. But I'm the reactionary, moral grandstander.

As far as the Buccigross story goes, in text messages he allegedly sent to her he uses hashtags to describe her. That, to me, is a punishable offense. I don't know if that means he's a sexual harasser. But it does mean he's a dipshit.

And if you spent any time on the official board, you would have known that I was the one speaking out against the lying bitch in the Duke lacrosse case from the very get go because of inconsistencies in her story.

I decided the allegations of sexual assault against Buccigross were baseless because I don't see any merit to the accusation. It speaks volumes that a company like ESPN decides after vetting the information to support their employee instead of taking the easy way out and just suspending him and just believing the accuser.

Buccigross and this women seemed to be friends and had met outside of work (at her request no less) multiple times. Nothing in that exchange was inappropriate. If "Doll/Dollface" is a term that she found offensive why can't she simply text back saying "hey, I'd prefer you not use that term"? Instead of parsing that into a claim of sexual assault WAY after the fact.

I assume many of us currently or have worked in some type of professional environment. If someone engages in dialogue you feel is inappropriate (regardless of gender) than you should set boundaries as to what is appropriate. If the behavior continues a 2nd-3rd-etc time than by all means you should escalate via the appropriate channel.

As I've said before I'm glad society is having this awakening, this type of behavior has been systemic with people in power. I just believe we can't lose our objectivity and ideals regarding the presumption of innocence. Opportunistic people will use this for their own personal gain and not care who is damaged unjustly in that process.
DreadNaught

Postby Buc2 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:21 pm

Well said, Dread. But I'm sure it will be turned into a, Dread believes women should just stfu. Don't worry about. It's the modus operandi of this place.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion