Sexual harassment thread

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Sexual harassment thread

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:14 pm

Appreciate it BMD, I thought that was what you were getting at but the original question was high level and I wanted to be sure.

My response would be that I'm not surprised at this point in my life since I've had the belief for some time the 'entertainment industry' has long been a cesspool when it come moral virtue and thus my culture is not defined by them or the content they produce. I don't doubt that pedophilia is prevalent in that industry, but I don't know to what extent. But if a guy like Harvey Weinstein can sodomize A-list actresses at will for decades, I can only imagine how many naive and susceptible young kids are preyed on.

Celebrities and Athletes are false idols. That is an unfortunate reality of western culture imo. Sammich has point when it comes to parenting and imo how that lack of good parenting forces children to look at these grotesque examples as acceptable behavior to idolize. It's another reason I feel there is no more important structure in society than that of the family and why when you start looking at poverty and crime statistics you'll always find consistent trends where a majority were from outside the traditional family unit. Thus not taught the basic morality and discipline for them to prosper, or sometimes even be a functional member of society.
DreadNaught

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:22 pm

DreadNaught wrote: Sammich has point when it comes to parenting and imo how that lack of good parenting forces children to look at these grotesque examples as acceptable behavior to idolize. It's another reason I feel there is no more important structure in society than that of the family and why when you start looking at poverty and crime statistics you'll always find consistent trends where a majority were from outside the traditional family unit. Thus not taught the basic morality and discipline for them to prosper, or sometimes even be a functional member of society.

It’s so horribly sad that in society today we can’t have a true discussion centered around this issue
Zarniwoop

Postby Sammich » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:31 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:
DreadNaught wrote: Sammich has point when it comes to parenting and imo how that lack of good parenting forces children to look at these grotesque examples as acceptable behavior to idolize. It's another reason I feel there is no more important structure in society than that of the family and why when you start looking at poverty and crime statistics you'll always find consistent trends where a majority were from outside the traditional family unit. Thus not taught the basic morality and discipline for them to prosper, or sometimes even be a functional member of society.

It’s so horribly sad that in society today we can’t have a true discussion centered around this issue

Yup. You say "traditional family" or "nuclear family" and people hiss, scold you for being a bigot, and discredit anything else you have to say.
Sammich

Postby beardmcdoug » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:36 pm

dead on, guys. I suppose I'm having a natural "survival" reaction, as I'm about to send my son to school for the first time in his life, and have never been more cynical about the "culture" he is about the be exposed to, undoubtedly, through diffusion via his peers
beardmcdoug

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:39 pm

Sammich wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:

Yup. You say "traditional family" or "nuclear family" and people hiss, scold you for being a bigot, and discredit anything else you have to say.

So generally this view is espoused by Rs right? In the past many of them have attacked the issue completely the wrong way .... they focused on the morality of the decisions. They should’ve been speaking much more pragmatically citing the studies you eluded to.

That being said, I don’t think it would have mattered much. Statistics about making good life choices mean nothing in today’s society anyway
Zarniwoop

Postby Sammich » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:37 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:dead on, guys. I suppose I'm having a natural "survival" reaction, as I'm about to send my son to school for the first time in his life, and have never been more cynical about the "culture" he is about the be exposed to, undoubtedly, through diffusion via his peers

The absolute most important thing you can do is to maintain open dialogue with him. Don't get mad regardless of how racey the questions are that he brings you. Make sure he knows (don't assume he knows-fucking tell him repeatedly) that he can come to you with anything. When he does come to you always have the time no matter what you're doing.

Regardless of how uncomfortable with the topic you might be just remember that his friends and peers won't be. Maintain this and he will come to you for the truth.
Sammich

Postby Sammich » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:47 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:
Sammich wrote:

So generally this view is espoused by Rs right? In the past many of them have attacked the issue completely the wrong way .... they focused on the morality of the decisions. They should’ve been speaking much more pragmatically citing the studies you eluded to.

That being said, I don’t think it would have mattered much. Statistics about making good life choices mean nothing in today’s society anyway

It's been tried. Apparently statistics, science, logic, and history are all tools of the patriarchy used to hold people down.
Sammich

Postby beardmcdoug » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:39 pm

Sammich wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:dead on, guys. I suppose I'm having a natural "survival" reaction, as I'm about to send my son to school for the first time in his life, and have never been more cynical about the "culture" he is about the be exposed to, undoubtedly, through diffusion via his peers

The absolute most important thing you can do is to maintain open dialogue with him. Don't get mad regardless of how racey the questions are that he brings you. Make sure he knows (don't assume he knows-fucking tell him repeatedly) that he can come to you with anything. When he does come to you always have the time no matter what you're doing.

Regardless of how uncomfortable with the topic you might be just remember that his friends and peers won't be. Maintain this and he will come to you for the truth.

Thanks for the advice bud :drinkingcheers:
beardmcdoug

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:00 pm

Sammich wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:

It's been tried. Apparently statistics, science, logic, and history are all tools of the patriarchy used to hold people down.

#Woke
DreadNaught

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:16 pm

Yeah, I'll be the same way when my daughter gets older and starts to be influenced by such things as her world expands.

Although she just moved into the class with older two years olds and some three years olds (most of which are potty-trained already) meanwhile she won't even turn two for another 10 days.

I'm suspicious of a couple of those kids and going to run background checks on the parents.
DreadNaught

Postby beardmcdoug » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:43 pm

DreadNaught wrote:

Yeah, I'll be the same way when my daughter gets older and starts to be influenced by such things as her world expands.

Although she just moved into the class with older two years olds and some three years olds (most of which are potty-trained already) meanwhile she won't even turn two for another 10 days.

I'm suspicious of a couple of those kids and going to run background checks on the parents.

Lol!
beardmcdoug

Postby Buc2 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:19 am

Don't worry, man. Seriously. Just stay very involved with your kid throughout his school years and he will, most likely, turn out fine. I say this from experience.

To expand a little...I was fortunate that my kids were going to a school outside our district (because their grandparents were picking them up after school, the school system allowed this). For that reason, I drove them to school every morning and picked them up in the afternoons after work. During those drives, we would discuss all manner of topics and no question was ever discouraged or left unanswered. Over their elementary school years, this developed a natural trust between us which continued through their middle school and high school years when I was no longer their daily chauffeur. To this day, both my girls and I have great relationships. So, yeah. Stay involved. Even if you don't have the option of driving him each day where he is a captive audience like my girls were with me, make time to sit with him at the end of the work/school day and talk. Do this every day. Make it a habit. It will work wonders.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:25 am

So I was scrolling through my twitter feed while on my 2 hour forecast call this AM (for which I speak for maybe 5 minutes) and saw where Larry Nassar (the physician who molested numerous young girls including many US gymnasts) was getting sentenced today (again) for a separate case of molesting kids.

Randall Margraves, one of the Fathers of the victims was in the courtroom. Nassar apparently molested THREE, yes THREE of his daughters and even despite one of the daughters telling their parents after one of the incidents, Nassar was still cleared of wrongdoing at that time by convincing whatever naive authority that fingering young girls was part of his work.

Mr. Margraves apparently requested time alone with Nassar from the Judge before sentencing was handed out, when that request was obviously denied he charged Nassar and had to be subdued by the bailiffs.

I don't know why but I got a bit choked up watching it. It certainly struck an emotional chord within me and I was not expecting. I certainly don't blame him for his reaction and after thinking about it for second I feel it's a completely normal human emotion/reaction when you're in the proximity of someone that has done that to your daughters.

DreadNaught

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:47 am

my only thought is I wish he would have made it farther before they tackled him
Zarniwoop

Postby bucfanclw » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:08 am

Zarniwoop wrote:my only thought is I wish he would have made it farther before they tackled him

Part of me (father of a teen age daughter part) would have loved to see him get just one good shot in on him. The other part of me says I wouldn't want that dad to have to face battery charges simply for giving Nassar what he deserves. It's tough to try to keep a level head when it's your daughter.
bucfanclw

Postby Sammich » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:15 am

That creep shouldn't serve any jail time. His punishment should be 10 minutes alone with each of the fathers. If he survives then he's free. If he doesn't then let his death serve as a warning to others.
Sammich

Postby NYBF » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:04 pm

Sammich wrote:That creep shouldn't serve any jail time. His punishment should be 10 minutes alone with each of the fathers. If he survives then he's free. If he doesn't then let his death serve as a warning to others.

At this point you're looking at what, almost 300 kids? Give all the dads a gun with 1 bullet. Line them up.
NYBF

Postby RedLeader » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:22 pm

Penal Castration should be a thing.
RedLeader

Postby RedLeader » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:27 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:my only thought is I wish he would have made it farther before they tackled him

Part of me (father of a teen age daughter part) would have loved to see him get just one good shot in on him. The other part of me says I wouldn't want that dad to have to face battery charges simply for giving Nassar what he deserves. It's tough to try to keep a level head when it's your daughter.

**** that. I’d gladly take some jail time and community service to get at that guy. .

Let’s just say I may have been a bit slow at tackling that dad if I were one of those guards. Lol.
RedLeader

Postby NYBF » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:29 pm

RedLeader wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:Part of me (father of a teen age daughter part) would have loved to see him get just one good shot in on him. The other part of me says I wouldn't want that dad to have to face battery charges simply for giving Nassar what he deserves. It's tough to try to keep a level head when it's your daughter.

**** that. I’d gladly take some jail time and community service to get at that guy. .

Let’s just say I may have been a bit slow at tackling that dad if I were one of those guards. Lol.

With the cameras running, that's kinda tough. You don't want to be too obvious. But I know it does sometimes happen outside the courtroom.
NYBF

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:33 pm

bucfanclw wrote:

Yeah, I'm not an advocate of 'vigilante justice' and am even wishy-washy on the death penalty. But there was something about this situation where I completely sympathize and support this reaction. It's a human reaction and one I don't feel is criminal tbh. To pretend we should act differently would go against our biological instincts as parents imo.

I get we live in a civilized society and require order in courtrooms. But hopefully Mr. Margraves just gets a warning and is sent on his way. I just wish he could've got a few shots in b/c I really think he deserves whatever small piece of satisfaction he'd receive by inflicting some pain on Nassar.
DreadNaught

Postby Sammich » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:01 pm

NYBF wrote:
Sammich wrote:That creep shouldn't serve any jail time. His punishment should be 10 minutes alone with each of the fathers. If he survives then he's free. If he doesn't then let his death serve as a warning to others.

At this point you're looking at what, almost 300 kids? Give all the dads a gun with 1 bullet. Line them up.

No bullets needed. Almost 300 kids with some overlap from siblings- call it 225 fathers at 10 minutes each. That's 2250 minutes of straight ass whoop with a fresh swinger every 10 minutes.

There would be a lot less pedos if they knew this type of punishment awaited them.
Sammich

Postby bucfanclw » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:33 pm

DreadNaught wrote:But hopefully Mr. Margraves just gets a warning and is sent on his way.

If by "warning" you mean "we completely understand your reaction and I hope we didn't hurt you when we had to restrain you", then I agree. I've never gone to a protest before, but I'd certainly be picketing on his behalf if they tried to throw any charges at him.
bucfanclw

Postby beardmcdoug » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:44 pm

in that moment the cops need to just be "a little slow to react"
beardmcdoug

Postby NYBF » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:04 pm

The father of three women who have accused Larry Nassar of sexual abuse will not be punished for charging at the former United States Gymnastics doctor during his sentencing hearing Friday morning.

“There is no way this court is going to issue any type of punishment due to the circumstances of this case,” Eaton County Circuit Judge Janice Cunningham told him.
NYBF

Postby Caradoc » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:44 pm

Damn, I was expecting a "How-To" thread, not this...
Caradoc

Postby Sammich » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:41 pm

And now Scott Baio is being accused. Nicole Eggert (man, she let herself go) is claiming Baio assaulted her during the filming of the series 'Charles in Charge'. He has a pretty solid denial.
Sammich

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:15 pm

Sammich wrote:And now Scott Baio is being accused. Nicole Eggert (man, she let herself go) is claiming Baio assaulted her during the filming of the series 'Charles in Charge'. He has a pretty solid denial.

He has an enthusiastic denial.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby NYBF » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:29 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Sammich wrote:And now Scott Baio is being accused. Nicole Eggert (man, she let herself go) is claiming Baio assaulted her during the filming of the series 'Charles in Charge'. He has a pretty solid denial.

He has an enthusiastic denial.

He doesn't look very enthusiastic when he was asked about his garage.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6e027e

skip to 3:45
NYBF

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:43 pm

NYBF wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:He has an enthusiastic denial.

He doesn't look very enthusiastic when he was asked about his garage.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6e027e

skip to 3:45

lol.
Mountaineer Buc

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion