What happened to Corsair?

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: What happened to Corsair?

Postby bucfanclw » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:40 pm

Playing a little devil's advocate here, but why is everyone so obsessed with him posting again? While he was here, everyone complained about his posting style of dropping a random article and not saying anything. Is everyone really that desperate to get that back? I mean if you only want him here to be a whipping boy then what purpose does that really serve?

He seemed like a decent enough guy and was part of the little community here, but if he doesn't want to post any more then so be it.
bucfanclw

Postby Rocker » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:51 pm

Hell; even I miss the guy and his uncited articles.

CORSAIR ————— NOW!
Rocker

Postby Rocker » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:52 pm

bucfanclw wrote:Playing a little devil's advocate here, but why is everyone so obsessed with him posting again? While he was here, everyone complained about his posting style of dropping a random article and not saying anything. Is everyone really that desperate to get that back? I mean if you only want him here to be a whipping boy then what purpose does that really serve?

He seemed like a decent enough guy and was part of the little community here, but if he doesn't want to post any more then so be it.

Fan or not, he inspired conversation. That’s always a plus, for any message board.
Rocker

Postby bucfanclw » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:02 pm

Rocker wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:Playing a little devil's advocate here, but why is everyone so obsessed with him posting again? While he was here, everyone complained about his posting style of dropping a random article and not saying anything. Is everyone really that desperate to get that back? I mean if you only want him here to be a whipping boy then what purpose does that really serve?

Fan or not, he inspired conversation. That’s always a plus, for any message board.

The guy you referred to as "literal brick wall of cooperative discussion"? It seems like it would be mutually accepted between the two of you that he just not post here any more. That's all I'm saying.
bucfanclw

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:08 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
Rocker wrote:

The guy you referred to as "literal brick wall of cooperative discussion"? It seems like it would be mutually accepted between the two of you that he just not post here any more. That's all I'm saying.

Corsair sucked. Don't get me wrong, but he was part of the community.

I made a post saying I would like for him to come back, but I do agree with you. I don't get the constant begging. If he moved on, great. I don't see anyone calling for the hundreds of other posters that left over the years. Maybe it was the way he went out?
uscbucsfan

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:11 pm

I don't think anyone is obsessed, but Corsair was a imo a valuable, active, long-time member here so I think it's normal for people to wish he'd return. For example when folks like Ken and Kress took breaks recently others would post being concerned about their whereabouts. I think we're seeing the same hold true for Corsair now, just as I'd imagine the same would be true if you were to disappear. Corsair absence is likely getting more attention based on how it went down would be my guess.

As far as people complaining about his posting style, that is pretty par for the course here. I'd agree Corsair probably caught more **** than others, but he also posted more on hot-button topics.

I've probably gone back and forth with Corsair almost as much as anyone in this sub-forum and while I don't agree or even like many of his posts I still found him to be valuable member of the community, similar to yourself and NYBF. He made the discussions better which is what I'd hope we're all here for to some degree.

Corsair absolutely seems to be a decent guy (even if his ideology is misguided :P ), I just think the way he went out when the board went down was not his best moment. But hopefully he's doing ok and if he decides to return that would be good for the board and if doesn't we'll move on.
DreadNaught

Postby beardmcdoug » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:03 pm

DreadNaught wrote:

I don't think anyone is obsessed, but Corsair was a imo a valuable, active, long-time member here so I think it's normal for people to wish he'd return. For example when folks like Ken and Kress took breaks recently others would post being concerned about their whereabouts. I think we're seeing the same hold true for Corsair now, just as I'd imagine the same would be true if you were to disappear. Corsair absence is likely getting more attention based on how it went down would be my guess.

As far as people complaining about his posting style, that is pretty par for the course here. I'd agree Corsair probably caught more **** than others, but he also posted more on hot-button topics.

I've probably gone back and forth with Corsair almost as much as anyone in this sub-forum and while I don't agree or even like many of his posts I still found him to be valuable member of the community, similar to yourself and NYBF. He made the discussions better which is what I'd hope we're all here for to some degree.

Corsair absolutely seems to be a decent guy (even if his ideology is misguided :P ), I just think the way he went out when the board went down was not his best moment. But hopefully he's doing ok and if he decides to return that would be good for the board and if doesn't we'll move on.

well said, agreed
beardmcdoug

Postby Rocker » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:19 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
Rocker wrote:

Disagreement with a poster has nothing to do with their value to the board.

I disagree with a ton of folks in TD. Doesn’t mean I want them gone for good. Same applies in P/R.
Rocker

Previous

Return to Politics and Religion