Random Mass Shooting Thread

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Random Mass Shooting Thread

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:07 am

I read that an article that was talking about the NPR study .. there are places that have reported 30+ school shootings who have never experienced a single one. Cleveland (my birthplace) reported something like 27....when pressed on it, they admitted there were none. Someone classified 27 counts of kids bringing knives to school as school shootings

When NPR comes out and calls data that leftists live to use junk we know there’s a problem
Zarniwoop

Postby beardmcdoug » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:14 am

Zarniwoop wrote:I read that an article that was talking about the NPR study .. there are places that have reported 30+ school shootings who have never experienced a single one. Cleveland (my birthplace) reported something like 27....when pressed on it, they admitted there were none. Someone classified 27 counts of kids bringing knives to school as school shootings

When NPR comes out and calls data that leftists live to use junk we know there’s a problem

"just lie about the damn data, it's for the good of everybody anyways"

sounds like something my nationstates dude would say
beardmcdoug

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:22 am

Lol...well somebody’s nation state anyway
Zarniwoop

Postby HamBone » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:24 am

Zarniwoop wrote:Lol...well somebody’s nation state anyway

Has anyone used trumphitler as a name?
HamBone

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:25 am

HamBone wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:Lol...well somebody’s nation state anyway

Has anyone used trumphitler as a name?

No babe hasn’t signed up yet
Zarniwoop

Postby bucfanclw » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:53 am

Wouldn't she effectively be trumphitler if she signed up?
bucfanclw

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:02 am

bucfanclw wrote:Wouldn't she effectively be trumphitler if she signed up?

I think her authoritarianism would give BMD's a run!
Zarniwoop

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:59 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:3 of the 5 members of this group had charges dropped because the prosecution missed the deadline to present probable cause for child abuse.

The sad part is New Mexico knew they had a problem with this rule when they instituted it. Here's an article where they were trying to call for action after 81 cases were dismissed... 3 years ago... and still the problem remains.

https://www.koat.com/article/81-criminal-cases-dismissed-under-new-10-day-rule/5062579

The FBI has arrested all 5 of these bastards.

Shame on that New Mexico DA.
DreadNaught

Postby NYBF » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:12 am

Active shooter in Cincinnati: 4 dead in bank shooting, including gunman
4 dead in Cincinnati bank shooting

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/nat ... ing-gunman
NYBF

Postby The Outsider » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:26 am

NYBF wrote:Active shooter in Cincinnati: 4 dead in bank shooting, including gunman

That article is a travesty.
The Outsider

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:43 am

The Outsider wrote:
NYBF wrote:Active shooter in Cincinnati: 4 dead in bank shooting, including gunman

as an ohioan, i've often said the same about cincinnati itself
Zarniwoop

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:47 am

Zarniwoop wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

Where is Sam Wyche when you need him?

DreadNaught

Postby The Outsider » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:02 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

The most serious girlfriend I had in my life was from Conneaut, Ohio, like right by Ashtabula. The whole damn state is a travesty.
The Outsider

Postby NYBF » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:04 pm

What could possibly go wrong?

https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-stories/b ... /831977346

DISCLOSURE: I understand there was no actual mass shooting described in this story.
NYBF

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:19 pm

NYBF wrote:What could possibly go wrong?

DISCLOSURE: I understand there was no actual mass shooting described in this story.

So dumb. Why don't these schools/districts consult with LE and/or the Military on how to run these drills?

I've been part of hundereds of active shooter drills and never once were blanks used, we didn't even use phony guns that could be misidentified as an actual firearm.

1) Hold a pre-drill safety brief

2) Have drill monitors that are easily identifiable at specific locations to ensure safety and grade the performance/effectivness of the drill

3) Use a mini airhorn as the "weapon".

This isn't difficult. They have checklists for this stuff based on lessons learned from previous drill mishaps.
Last edited by DreadNaught on Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DreadNaught

Postby Buc2 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:21 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
NYBF wrote:What could possibly go wrong?

So dumb. Why don't these schools/districts consult with LE and/or the Military on how to run these drills?

I've been part of hundereds of active shooter drills and never once were blanks used, we didn't even use phony guns that could be misidentified as an actual firearm.

2) Have drill monitors that are easily identifiable at specific locations to ensure safety and grade the performance/effectivness of the drill

3) Use an mini airhorn as the "weapon".

This isn't difficult. They have checklists for this stuff based on lessons learned from previous drill mishaps.

I hear they're going to set the school on fire for next weeks fire drill.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:40 pm

Buc2 wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

3) Use an mini airhorn as the "weapon".

I hear they're going to set the school on fire for next weeks fire drill.

For real, we didn't actually flood the ship to run a flooding drill.
We didn't actually scram the reactor to perform that drill.
Nor do we actually release radiation to perform containment drills.

Who is in charge making these decisions? They should be fired or have that responsibility taken away for safety reasons.
DreadNaught

Postby Buc2 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:49 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Buc2 wrote:I hear they're going to set the school on fire for next weeks fire drill.

Who is in charge making these decisions? They should be fired or have that responsibility taken away for safety reasons.

Psst... liberals
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby deltbucs » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:05 pm

Buc2 wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

Psst... liberals

LOL!!
deltbucs

Postby NYBF » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:57 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Buc2 wrote:I hear they're going to set the school on fire for next weeks fire drill.

Look at all the chances at awesome chaos you skipped out on. :D
NYBF

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:09 pm

NYBF wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

Look at all the chances at awesome chaos you skipped out on. :D

Sometimes we'd stack drill scenarios for maximum chaos, like having an active shooter scenario during a fire. They were rare, but always the most fun b/c it was always a clusterfuck b/c everyones required responses would overlap. Having the 'active shooter' simulate killing the fire response teams was funny to watch as a drill monitor.

Mostly is was just the CO having some fun during a deployment while checking two boxes at once.
DreadNaught

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:05 pm

50% of the time when we would run an active shooter at an AFB, no matter how much notice was given, someone would call the police and post on social media that there was a real active shooter. Then a news agency would pick it up and it'd be a huge cluster ****.
uscbucsfan

Postby PanteraCanes » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:13 am

uscbucsfan wrote:50% of the time when we would run an active shooter at an AFB, no matter how much notice was given, someone would call the police and post on social media that there was a real active shooter. Then a news agency would pick it up and it'd be a huge cluster ****.

I would assume that doesn't go to well for the person posting. Probably not for the caller either if they were given advance warning.
PanteraCanes

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:17 am

PanteraCanes wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:50% of the time when we would run an active shooter at an AFB, no matter how much notice was given, someone would call the police and post on social media that there was a real active shooter. Then a news agency would pick it up and it'd be a huge cluster ****.

I would assume that doesn't go to well for the person posting. Probably not for the caller either if they were given advance warning.

No. Not at all.

A few years ago the wing tried to run an active shooter without Security Forces. (What sense does that make?). They wanted it to just be medical re-acting and responding as if there were no Police able to come. As soon as it was initiated, someone called in that they knew there was an exercise,but someone had a real gun (it was a real gun with a sim bolt in it). Of course, Security Forces EST team + off base SWAT responded and it was a huge cluster. Doing Active shooter training in real places with sim rounds (shot out of real guns) is never a good idea.
uscbucsfan

Postby Babeinbucland » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:46 pm

Sculpting by Manuel Oliver whose son Joaquin, 17, was killed in the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida.

Babeinbucland

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:52 pm

I would hope they don’t keep that in the classroom
Zarniwoop

Postby Buc2 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:59 am

Looks like when I was in grade school.

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:00 am

Buc2 wrote:Looks like when I was in grade school.

That’s the first thing that popped in my mind — bomb drills
Zarniwoop

Postby Buc2 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:57 am

An 18-year-old student strode into his vocational school in Crimea, a hoodie covering his blond hair, then pulled out a shotgun and opened fire on Wednesday, killing 19 students and wounding more than 50 others before killing himself.

It wasn’t clear what prompted Vladislav Roslyakov, described as a shy loner, to go on the rampage. A security camera image carried by Russian media showed him calmly walking down the stairs of the school in the Black Sea city of Kerch, the shotgun in his gloved hand.

“He was walking around and shooting students and teachers in cold blood,” said Sergei Aksyonov, the regional leader in Crimea.

Officials said the fourth-year student killed himself in the library of the Kerch Polytechnic College after the attack. His mother, a nurse, was helping to treat victims at a local hospital after the shootings, unaware yet that her son was accused of the rampage and was already dead.

Such school shootings are rare, and Wednesday’s attack was by far the worst by a disgruntled student in Russia, which annexed the Crimean Peninsula from Ukraine in 2014. The bloodbath raised questions about school security in the country; the Kerch Polytechnic College had only a front desk with no security guards.

By the end of the day, Crimean authorities said the death toll stood at 19, apparently not including the shooter. Fifty-three people were wounded, including 12 in serious condition.

It was the greatest loss of life in school violence in Russia since the Beslan terrorist attack by Chechen separatists in 2004, in which 333 people were killed during a three-day siege, many of them children, and hundreds were wounded.

The announcement that the shooter in Wednesday’s attack was a student who acted alone came after hours of rapidly shifting explanations as to what exactly happened at the school.

Officials at first reported a gas explosion, then said an explosive device had ripped through the cafeteria during lunchtime in a suspected terrorist attack.

Witnesses, however, reported that victims were being killed by gunfire. The Investigative Committee, Russia’s top crime investigation agency, eventually said all the victims died of gunshot wounds.

Reflecting the daylong confusion, Russian President Vladimir Putin said the victims were killed by an explosion just as the Investigative Committee was announcing they were fatally shot.

A somber-faced Putin deplored the attack as a “tragic event” and offered his condolences to the victims’ families at a news conference in the southern city of Sochi, where he was meeting with Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi.

The Investigative Committee said the explosive device rigged with shrapnel went off in the school lunchroom and Sergei Melikov, a deputy chief of the Russian National Guard, said it was homemade. Officials later found a second explosive device and destroyed it.

It was not clear what the explosive was, if the attacker detonated it, or how many people it wounded.

Guns are tightly restricted in Russia. Civilians can own only hunting rifles and smooth-bore shotguns and must undergo significant background checks. Roslyakov had only recently received a permit to own a shotgun and bought 150 cartridges just a few days ago, according to local officials.

Aksyonov, the regional leader in Crimea, said the gunman had been described as a shy boy who had no conflicts.

“He wasn’t aggressive, he was rather timid,” Aksyonov said, speculating that Roslyakov might have “watched some movies” that inspired him to go on the shooting spree.

Some Russian news reports said the shooter had left his backpack containing the explosive device in the cafeteria and remotely detonated it before he started shooting.

“I heard an explosion and saw glass shards and window frames falling down,” student Roman Voitenko said in remarks broadcast on Russian state television.

Another student, Semyon Gavrilov, said he had fallen asleep during a lecture and was awakened by the sound of shooting. He looked around and saw a young man shooting at people, he said.

“I locked the door, hoping he wouldn’t hear me,” Gavrilov told the Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper.

He said police arrived about 10 minutes later to evacuate people and he saw dead bodies on the floor and charred walls.

Another student, Yuri Kerpek, told the state RIA Novosti news agency that the shooting went on for about 15 minutes.

Russia has seen several violent attacks by students in recent years, but none of them were even remotely as brutal as the Kerch rampage.

Early this year, a teenager armed with an ax attacked fellow students at a school in Buryatia in southern Siberia, wounding five students and a teacher. The attacker also ignited a firebomb in the class and tried to kill himself before being apprehended.

In another attack in January, two teenagers stabbed children and their teacher with knives, wounding 15 people, and then attempted to kill each other before being detained.

After Wednesday’s attack, local officials declared a state of emergency on the Black Sea peninsula and cordons of Russia’s National Guard circled the school. Security was also increased at a new 19-kilometer (12-mile) bridge linking the peninsula with Russia, which opened earlier this year. Military units were deployed near the college to help emergency agencies.

Russia’s 2014 annexation of Crimea triggered Western sanctions. Russia has also supported separatists fighting the Ukrainian government in eastern Ukraine, a conflict that has left at least 10,000 people dead since 2014.

Over the past few years, Russian security agencies have arrested several Ukrainians accused of plotting terror attacks in Crimea, but no attacks have occurred.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby NYBF » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:25 am

At least 8 dead in a shooting at a synagogue in Pittsburgh. Four officers also shot. Suspect in custody.
NYBF

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion