Random Mass Shooting Thread

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Random Mass Shooting Thread

Postby deltbucs » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:10 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
deltbucs wrote:I honestly don't give a **** if it was a Muslim terrorist or a terrorist of another creed. The part that concerns me is the LE failure that ended up in this poor child's death.

It's more of the omission by several news outlets that are already suspected of this type of bias. But I agree him being Muslim vice Christian or even secular doesn't really matter. That said if there is a jihadist training compound that gets raided I feel those facts are relevant just as if it were a neo-nazi training compound.

Where did LE fail here? It sounds like the boy was kidnapped by his father. What am I missing?

From the link that Buc2 posted the neighbors said that they reported seeing the missing boy to the cops 6 months ago and made follow-up calls since then.
deltbucs

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:18 pm

deltbucs wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:
It's more of the omission by several news outlets that are already suspected of this type of bias. But I agree him being Muslim vice Christian or even secular doesn't really matter. That said if there is a jihadist training compound that gets raided I feel those facts are relevant just as if it were a neo-nazi training compound.

Where did LE fail here? It sounds like the boy was kidnapped by his father. What am I missing?

From the link that Buc2 posted the neighbors said that they reported seeing the missing boy to the cops 6 months ago and made follow-up calls since then.

Gotcha. I'd be interested to know about why that lead wasn't pursued.
DreadNaught

Postby Stuart » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:18 am

https://www.breitbart.com/london/2018/0 ... atalities/

Police in Fredericton, New Brunswick, have confirmed “multiple fatalities” in a shooting incident which appears to be ongoing.
Police officers in the Canadian city are advising members of the public to avoid the area of Brookside Drive between Main and Ring Road, and say they will provide more information when they can.

Four deaths have been officially confirmed so far, but little is known about the suspect(s), victims, or circumstances of the incident.

This story is developing…
Stuart

Postby Buc2 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:43 am

Yeah... not a lot of details at the moment.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45146056
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:47 am

Anyone else still following the "school shooting camp" story? It's pretty crazy. I've read some opinion pieces that they may end up innocent of any crimes with religious protections. Child abuse (to the point of killing a kid) and training child killers...eh, that's just their religion.

Everyone article I've read about it states some opinion that basically states, "If it were a white Christian family doing the same thing, no one would have an issue with it". That can't be true, can it? I feel like people do get upset when Christians or any religion ignore doctor's advice and their kids die. We've talked about this in the past, I know.
uscbucsfan

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:17 am

I haven’t kept up with this story at all. What is the religious component to it that led to child abuse / death?
Zarniwoop

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:26 am

Zarniwoop wrote:I haven’t kept up with this story at all. What is the religious component to it that led to child abuse / death?

The boy had seizures according to CNN:
A child died at his father's hand during a religious ritual intended to expel religious demons from his body. Eleven more malnourished children were later found on the property.

The family believed that once the demons were gone, the boy would return as Jesus four months later and tell his family which institutions to get rid of, a witness said. Those who did not believe "their message" would be killed or detained "until they believed," a teenager on the compound said, according to a FBI agent.
uscbucsfan

Postby Selmon Rules » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:51 am

uscbucsfan wrote:Anyone else still following the "school shooting camp" story? It's pretty crazy. I've read some opinion pieces that they may end up innocent of any crimes with religious protections. Child abuse (to the point of killing a kid) and training child killers...eh, that's just their religion.

Everyone article I've read about it states some opinion that basically states, "If it were a white Christian family doing the same thing, no one would have an issue with it". That can't be true, can it? I feel like people do get upset when Christians or any religion ignore doctor's advice and their kids die. We've talked about this in the past, I know.

You could probably ask David Koresh (sp?) about that bolded part..... Well, maybe not
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
Selmon Rules

Postby Phantom Phenom » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:29 pm

BREAKING | Reports of shots fired during football game at Palm Beach Central High School. WHAT WE KNOW >> https://wfts.tv/2nMI7Hr
Phantom Phenom

Previous

Return to Politics and Religion