Random Mass Shooting Thread

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Random Mass Shooting Thread

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue May 22, 2018 10:54 am

NYBF wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:
Are locked vehicles secured before theft? Locked Homes? Banks? Stores? Are you choosing to be obtuse? Just because something is secure doesn’t mean it’s impossible to take if a person wants it bad enough and is willing to risk getting caught.

Do you put your car in a safe?

And when's the last time you read about a bank robbery where it involved something other than the teller handing over the money?

More often than you make it seem. There was a double murder at a Bank a few months ago here.
uscbucsfan

Postby DreadNaught » Tue May 22, 2018 10:59 am

NYBF wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:
Were these guns not secured? Honest question.

The kid got them, right?

My guess would be the firearms were not properly secured by the father/owner. That said, I think it's important to understand HOW the shooter "got them" instead of the implication that b/c the shooter got possession the father is automatically to blame regardless of circumstance.

In the chance the father had them locked in a safe and the son broke into it somehow than I don't think that would be fair to charge/prosecute the father criminally. I'd be fine with civil charges from the victims families either way though.
DreadNaught

Postby NYBF » Tue May 22, 2018 11:13 am

DreadNaught wrote:
NYBF wrote:
The kid got them, right?

My guess would be the firearms were not properly secured by the father/owner. That said, I think it's important to understand HOW the shooter "got them" instead of the implication that b/c the shooter got possession the father is automatically to blame regardless of circumstance.

In the chance the father had them locked in a safe and the son broke into it somehow than I don't think that would be fair to charge/prosecute the father criminally. I'd be fine with civil charges from the victims families either way though.

Agreed. And I'm sure as the case goes on, we'll find out more about exactly how he got them.
NYBF

Postby PrimeMinister » Tue May 22, 2018 12:00 pm

NYBF wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:
Are locked vehicles secured before theft? Locked Homes? Banks? Stores? Are you choosing to be obtuse? Just because something is secure doesn’t mean it’s impossible to take if a person wants it bad enough and is willing to risk getting caught.

Do you put your car in a safe?

And when's the last time you read about a bank robbery where it involved something other than the teller handing over the money?

Is a locked car secure? Was the money locked in the bank safe secured? Do either secured situations prevent theft?
PrimeMinister

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri May 25, 2018 12:00 pm

School shooting at a middle school in Indiana.

The suspect is a student there. 2 injured

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/active-shoote ... ories.html
Zarniwoop

Postby Phantom Phenom » Fri May 25, 2018 12:12 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:School shooting at a middle school in Indiana.

:roll: :roll:
Phantom Phenom

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri May 25, 2018 3:48 pm

Great story of former football player turned teacher who stopped the shooting even though he himself was shot 3 times

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/teacher-he ... 51232.html

Every single one of these stories after shootings should focus exclusively on heroes like this guy
Zarniwoop

Postby NYBF » Fri May 25, 2018 4:36 pm

Phantom Phenom wrote:

Why the eye roll?
NYBF

Postby PrimeMinister » Sat May 26, 2018 7:58 am

Phantom Phenom wrote:

Did you think this was fake?
PrimeMinister

Postby PrimeMinister » Sat May 26, 2018 8:04 am

Zarniwoop wrote:Great story of former football player turned teacher who stopped the shooting even though he himself was shot 3 times

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/teacher-he ... 51232.html

Every single one of these stories after shootings should focus exclusively on heroes like this guy

I agree, but it won’t happen for the same reason the NFL changed it's anthem policy: they’re running a business. Covering these killers ad nauseum is big business for networks. Nothing will change that except viewers tuning out and we know that won’t happen.
PrimeMinister

Postby Buc2 » Sat May 26, 2018 9:09 am

NYBF wrote:
Phantom Phenom wrote: :roll: :roll:

Why the eye roll?

Just a guess, but I think he might be questioning why "2 injured" was posted in a mass shooting thread.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon May 28, 2018 9:59 am

Buc2 wrote:
NYBF wrote:
Why the eye roll?

Just a guess, but I think he might be questioning why "2 injured" was posted in a mass shooting thread.

Not a bad guess. That’s a good question as well.
PrimeMinister

Postby Caradoc » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:54 pm

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/c ... 96004.html

Michael McNally, deputy chief for Coral Springs fire-rescue, asked six times for permission to send in specialized teams of police officers and paramedics, according to an incident report he filed after the Feb. 14 Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting that left 17 people dead.

But every time McNally asked to deploy the two Rescue Task Force teams — each made up of three paramedics and three to four law enforcement officers — the Broward Sheriff's Office captain in charge of the scene, Jan Jordan, said no.
Caradoc

Postby NYBF » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:52 pm

It's not a mass shooting, but where can we discuss the fbi jackass who lost his gun doing a backflip then shot someone when he tried to pick the gun up?
NYBF

Postby deltbucs » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:13 pm

NYBF wrote:It's not a mass shooting, but where can we discuss the fbi jackass who lost his gun doing a backflip then shot someone when he tried to pick the gun up?

Sounds like someone needs a paid vacation (paid leave).
deltbucs

Postby Rocker » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:48 pm

NYBF wrote:It's not a mass shooting, but where can we discuss the fbi jackass who lost his gun doing a backflip then shot someone when he tried to pick the gun up?

I saw the gif on Reddit, is it true that he shot someone? The reaction in the video didn't seem to indicate that.
Rocker

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:41 am

Rocker wrote:

I saw the gif on Reddit, is it true that he shot someone? The reaction in the video didn't seem to indicate that.

Yes he shot someone in the leg
PrimeMinister

Postby Rocker » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:41 am

PrimeMinister wrote:
Rocker wrote:

I hope he loses his job and is prosecuted criminally and in civil court. No excuse for that.
Rocker

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:17 am

Rocker wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:

I hope he loses his job and is prosecuted criminally and in civil court. No excuse for that.

No excuse at all to be that careless with your firearm. It looks like he picked the gun up by grabbing and pulling the trigger. This is firearm safety 101.
PrimeMinister

Postby Zarniwoop » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:27 am

Rocker wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:

^
Zarniwoop

Postby The Outsider » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:55 pm

That's actually pretty funny. But yeah, the moron deserves the book thrown at him.
The Outsider

Postby NYBF » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:34 pm

WASHINGTON (AP) — The federal school safety commission set up after the deadly shooting at a Florida high school will not examine the role of guns in school violence, Education Secretary Betsy DeVos said Tuesday

I had to google to make sure it wasn't satire. Appears it's legit. The words "stupid ****" come to mind, but I'm not sure that's quite strong enough.
NYBF

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:35 pm

NYBF wrote:WASHINGTON (AP) — The federal school safety commission set up after the deadly shooting at a Florida high school will not examine the role of guns in school violence, Education Secretary Betsy DeVos said Tuesday

I had to google to make sure it wasn't satire. Appears it's legit. The words "stupid ****" come to mind, but I'm not sure that's quite strong enough.

Who makes up the commission? Serious question, I have no idea.
Zarniwoop

Postby NYBF » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:41 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:
NYBF wrote:WASHINGTON (AP) — The federal school safety commission set up after the deadly shooting at a Florida high school will not examine the role of guns in school violence, Education Secretary Betsy DeVos said Tuesday

Who makes up the commission? Serious question, I have no idea.

DeVos is the chair, plus Attorney General Jeff Sessions, Homeland Security Secretary Kristen Nielsen, and Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar.

The commission held its first "field visit" on May 31 at a Maryland elementary school. Three of the four secretaries who make up the school safety commission, Nielsen, Azar and Sessions, did not go and sent surrogates to the meeting.

Earlier this month, Sessions, Nielsen and Azar all opted out of another planned meeting due to "unforeseen scheduling conflicts"

It seems the real answer to your question is DeVos.
NYBF

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:44 pm

i don't get why you are pinning this on Devos. She can't force Sessions or Homeland Security to go.

Anyway, I don't want Devos having anything to do with school safety when it comes to guns and school shootings. Safe lunchrooms -- yes. Safe gym equipment -- yes. Driving policy to prevent mass shootings? No thanks.
Zarniwoop

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:50 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:i don't get why you are pinning this on Devos. She can't force Sessions or Homeland Security to go.

Anyway, I don't want Devos having anything to do with school safety when it comes to guns and school shootings. Safe lunchrooms -- yes. Safe gym equipment -- yes. Driving policy to prevent mass shootings? No thanks.

My take is simpler. I don't want DeVos having anything to do with schools at all.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:55 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:i don't get why you are pinning this on Devos. She can't force Sessions or Homeland Security to go.

My take is simpler. I don't want DeVos having anything to do with schools at all.

That's fair enough....I can see the logic in that.

I like the ideas she espouses. But in reality, she has changed next to nothing and had very little impact on education in general...at least what I consider the most important issues -- which if I were a Liberal I would be happy about. Just as I would be happy if someone who was a big fed gov't education person came in and virtually did nothing.
Zarniwoop

Postby NYBF » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:57 pm

What am I pinning on her? You asked who was on the commission. I googled it, and found what I posted. If there are 4 people in a group, but 3 of them constantly bang out of their responsibilities, there's one person in that group.

If there are four people in a group or four hundred or four thousand, and the person in charge of that group makes a stupid announcement, I'm going to pin that stupid announcement on them.

You're right - she should not be involved in the least bit in regard to school safety. However, MB is more correct - she shouldn't have anything to do with schools, period.
NYBF

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:03 pm

What announcement is stupid?

That she isn't going to head a task force on school shootings?
Zarniwoop

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:25 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:What announcement is stupid?

That she isn't going to head a task force on school shootings?

I think he's caught up in the headline that the school safety commission isn't looking into the role guns play (it doesn't mean others are not), instead they will be looking at how to make schools safe via other security measures.

Some people think the ONLY way to mitigate school shootings is to address guns. So this headline is low hanging fruit.

Meanwhile improving security measures and making schools harder targets are certainly viable solutions to explore for people that aren't pushing a gun control agenda.
DreadNaught

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion