Random Mass Shooting Thread

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Random Mass Shooting Thread

Postby deltbucs » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:10 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
deltbucs wrote:I honestly don't give a **** if it was a Muslim terrorist or a terrorist of another creed. The part that concerns me is the LE failure that ended up in this poor child's death.

It's more of the omission by several news outlets that are already suspected of this type of bias. But I agree him being Muslim vice Christian or even secular doesn't really matter. That said if there is a jihadist training compound that gets raided I feel those facts are relevant just as if it were a neo-nazi training compound.

Where did LE fail here? It sounds like the boy was kidnapped by his father. What am I missing?

From the link that Buc2 posted the neighbors said that they reported seeing the missing boy to the cops 6 months ago and made follow-up calls since then.
deltbucs

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:18 pm

deltbucs wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:
It's more of the omission by several news outlets that are already suspected of this type of bias. But I agree him being Muslim vice Christian or even secular doesn't really matter. That said if there is a jihadist training compound that gets raided I feel those facts are relevant just as if it were a neo-nazi training compound.

Where did LE fail here? It sounds like the boy was kidnapped by his father. What am I missing?

From the link that Buc2 posted the neighbors said that they reported seeing the missing boy to the cops 6 months ago and made follow-up calls since then.

Gotcha. I'd be interested to know about why that lead wasn't pursued.
DreadNaught

Postby Stuart » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:18 am

https://www.breitbart.com/london/2018/0 ... atalities/

Police in Fredericton, New Brunswick, have confirmed “multiple fatalities” in a shooting incident which appears to be ongoing.
Police officers in the Canadian city are advising members of the public to avoid the area of Brookside Drive between Main and Ring Road, and say they will provide more information when they can.

Four deaths have been officially confirmed so far, but little is known about the suspect(s), victims, or circumstances of the incident.

This story is developing…
Stuart

Postby Buc2 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:43 am

Yeah... not a lot of details at the moment.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45146056
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:47 am

Anyone else still following the "school shooting camp" story? It's pretty crazy. I've read some opinion pieces that they may end up innocent of any crimes with religious protections. Child abuse (to the point of killing a kid) and training child killers...eh, that's just their religion.

Everyone article I've read about it states some opinion that basically states, "If it were a white Christian family doing the same thing, no one would have an issue with it". That can't be true, can it? I feel like people do get upset when Christians or any religion ignore doctor's advice and their kids die. We've talked about this in the past, I know.
uscbucsfan

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:17 am

I haven’t kept up with this story at all. What is the religious component to it that led to child abuse / death?
Zarniwoop

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:26 am

Zarniwoop wrote:I haven’t kept up with this story at all. What is the religious component to it that led to child abuse / death?

The boy had seizures according to CNN:
A child died at his father's hand during a religious ritual intended to expel religious demons from his body. Eleven more malnourished children were later found on the property.

The family believed that once the demons were gone, the boy would return as Jesus four months later and tell his family which institutions to get rid of, a witness said. Those who did not believe "their message" would be killed or detained "until they believed," a teenager on the compound said, according to a FBI agent.
uscbucsfan

Postby Selmon Rules » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:51 am

uscbucsfan wrote:Anyone else still following the "school shooting camp" story? It's pretty crazy. I've read some opinion pieces that they may end up innocent of any crimes with religious protections. Child abuse (to the point of killing a kid) and training child killers...eh, that's just their religion.

Everyone article I've read about it states some opinion that basically states, "If it were a white Christian family doing the same thing, no one would have an issue with it". That can't be true, can it? I feel like people do get upset when Christians or any religion ignore doctor's advice and their kids die. We've talked about this in the past, I know.

You could probably ask David Koresh (sp?) about that bolded part..... Well, maybe not
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
Selmon Rules

Postby Phantom Phenom » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:29 pm

BREAKING | Reports of shots fired during football game at Palm Beach Central High School. WHAT WE KNOW >> https://wfts.tv/2nMI7Hr
Phantom Phenom

Postby Buc2 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:45 pm

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Buc2 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:55 pm

Live stream of the tournament at the moment when shots were fired.

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/ ... -587766926
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby bucfanclw » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:10 pm

I read one report that one female suspect is dead. Weird to see a female shooter.
bucfanclw

Postby Buc2 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:19 pm

bucfanclw wrote:I read one report that one female suspect is dead. Weird to see a female shooter.

I've read where one suspect is dead but hadn't seen it reported they were female. Regardless, a pretty sad situation there. I wonder if any of our BZ Madden players were participating in that tournament?
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby NavyBuc » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:22 pm

Crazy. I was down at the Landing late last night. Unreal.
NavyBuc

Postby bucfanclw » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:34 pm

Buc2 wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:I read one report that one female suspect is dead. Weird to see a female shooter.

I've read where one suspect is dead but hadn't seen it reported they were female. Regardless, a pretty sad situation there. I wonder if any of our BZ Madden players were participating in that tournament?

Yeah, it looks like they updated the tweet from "she was admitted" to "the suspect was admitted" so who knows.
bucfanclw

Postby Buc2 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:03 pm

At least one witness said it was a man...

A woman who said her son inside the game said she he was in the room when a man pulled a gun and started shooting.

"It's scary that you could be having a good time and someone just starts shooting," she said.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/mass-shoo ... le-landing

Obviously, we're going to have to wait for more details.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby bucfanclw » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:37 pm

Shows how sketchy details can be when everyone is rushing to be the first with new info.
bucfanclw

Postby NYBF » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:33 pm

It's been a while. We're probably due for a couple more.
NYBF

Postby Swashy » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:37 pm

I can see Levine shitting his pants and running with this until Tuesday
Swashy

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:58 pm

Buc2 wrote:Live stream of the tournament at the moment when shots were fired.

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/ ... -587766926

Crap like this is why I conceal carry everywhere.
PrimeMinister

Postby Rocker » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:22 pm

I have a .22 holdout I bought off my uncle years ago. Goes with me more often than not. I’m buying a second .380 from my good buddy here in a few weeks as well.

Better to be prepared and not need it...
Rocker

Postby RedLeader » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:21 pm

Buc2 wrote:I find the different headlines interesting. Breitbart & FOX were the most, um, descriptive, shall I say. WaPo's was the most downplayed.

ABC - Man found with 11 children on filthy New Mexico compound was training them to commit school shootings
Breitbart - Son of Imam Linked to WTC Bombing Kept Children in ‘Filthy’ Compound, Allegedly Trained Them to Shoot Up Schools
CBS - Man at filthy New Mexico compound was training kids to commit school shootings
CNN - New Mexico compound suspects were training children for school shootings
FOX - Man arrested at 'extremist Muslim' New Mexico compound was training kids to commit school shootings
HuffPo - Man In New Mexico Compound Trained Kids To Commit School Shootings
NBC - Man arrested at New Mexico compound was allegedly training child to commit school shootings
WaPo - Children were brought to New Mexico compound for weapons training

“District Judge Emilio Chavez dismissed all charges against three of the five "extremist Muslims" connected to the New Mexico compound on Wednesday, claiming that prosecutors did not move fast enough in the case according to the state's laws.”

Sure. Why not.
RedLeader

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:20 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:I haven’t kept up with this story at all. What is the religious component to it that led to child abuse / death?

The boy had seizures according to CNN:
A child died at his father's hand during a religious ritual intended to expel religious demons from his body. Eleven more malnourished children were later found on the property.

The family believed that once the demons were gone, the boy would return as Jesus four months later and tell his family which institutions to get rid of, a witness said. Those who did not believe "their message" would be killed or detained "until they believed," a teenager on the compound said, according to a FBI agent.

3 of the 5 members of this group had charges dropped because the prosecution missed the deadline to present probable cause for child abuse.
uscbucsfan

Postby bucfanclw » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:28 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:The boy had seizures according to CNN:

3 of the 5 members of this group had charges dropped because the prosecution missed the deadline to present probable cause for child abuse.

The sad part is New Mexico knew they had a problem with this rule when they instituted it. Here's an article where they were trying to call for action after 81 cases were dismissed... 3 years ago... and still the problem remains.

https://www.koat.com/article/81-criminal-cases-dismissed-under-new-10-day-rule/5062579
bucfanclw

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:29 am

bucfanclw wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:3 of the 5 members of this group had charges dropped because the prosecution missed the deadline to present probable cause for child abuse.

The sad part is New Mexico knew they had a problem with this rule when they instituted it. Here's an article where they were trying to call for action after 81 cases were dismissed... 3 years ago... and still the problem remains.

https://www.koat.com/article/81-criminal-cases-dismissed-under-new-10-day-rule/5062579

Oh man, there's so many things wrong with that. There are so many ways to resolve that and it looks like nothing has been done. I hate that it took a national headline case to know this. Thanks for the article.
uscbucsfan

Postby Buc2 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:40 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:The sad part is New Mexico knew they had a problem with this rule when they instituted it. Here's an article where they were trying to call for action after 81 cases were dismissed... 3 years ago... and still the problem remains.

Oh man, there's so many things wrong with that. There are so many ways to resolve that and it looks like nothing has been done. I hate that it took a national headline case to know this. Thanks for the article.

Yeah. Lots wrong.

Sanchez said he will fight to get more money for prosecutors and public defenders.

“They are the backbone of our judicial system, and if they're not funded properly, this is the result of that,” he said.

Bernalillo County was the first to implement the 10-day rule. Until now, the district attorney hadn’t had much luck at the Roundhouse when asking for more money in her budget.

District Attorney Kari Brandenburg asked for a $2 million bump to her budget. She received around $200,000 from the state House. It looks like it will be a different story in the Senate.

Instead of fixing the law, this Sanchez idiot wants to throw money at it. Look out, New Mexicans! Your state taxes are about to go up. smh
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby HamBone » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:44 am

New Mexico compound mysteriously destroyed by authorities

Following a court order, authorities seized an RV at the New Mexico compound where five adults are believed to have been abusing 11 children and training them for school shootings. An underground tunnel at the site where remains of a 3-year-old were found is now buried in rubble, as ammo and a bulletproof vest sit in piles of uncollected trash.

From NBC News...a little old. But, some weird going’s ons in this case
HamBone

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:45 am

HamBone wrote:New Mexico compound mysteriously destroyed by authorities

Following a court order, authorities seized an RV at the New Mexico compound where five adults are believed to have been abusing 11 children and training them for school shootings. An underground tunnel at the site where remains of a 3-year-old were found is now buried in rubble, as ammo and a bulletproof vest sit in piles of uncollected trash.

It's why I've been following it. The major news sites aren't really covering it well, but it seems odd. Especially considering how fucked up the original case was.
uscbucsfan

Postby beardmcdoug » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:24 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
HamBone wrote:New Mexico compound mysteriously destroyed by authorities

It's why I've been following it. The major news sites aren't really covering it well, but it seems odd. Especially considering how fucked up the original case was.

weeeeiiiirrrd
beardmcdoug

Postby HamBone » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:31 am

From NPR...

The School Shootings That Weren't

How many times per year does a gun go off in an American school?

We should know. But we don't.

This spring the U.S. Education Department reported that in the 2015-2016 school year, "nearly 240 schools ... reported at least 1 incident involving a school-related shooting." The number is far higher than most other estimates.

But NPR reached out to every one of those schools repeatedly over the course of three months and found that more than two-thirds of these reported incidents never happened. Child Trends, a nonpartisan nonprofit research organization, assisted NPR in analyzing data from the government's Civil Rights Data Collection.

We were able to confirm just 11 reported incidents, either directly with schools or through media reports.

In 161 cases, schools or districts attested that no incident took place or couldn't confirm one. In at least four cases, we found, something did happen, but it didn't meet the government's parameters for a shooting. About a quarter of schools didn't respond to our inquiries.

"When we're talking about such an important and rare event, [this] amount of data error could be very meaningful," says Deborah Temkin, a researcher and program director at Child Trends.
HamBone

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion