Random Mass Shooting Thread

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
post

Re: Random Mass Shooting Thread

Postby HamBone » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:39 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:i don't get why you are pinning this on Devos. She can't force Sessions or Homeland Security to go.

Anyway, I don't want Devos having anything to do with school safety when it comes to guns and school shootings. Safe lunchrooms -- yes. Safe gym equipment -- yes. Driving policy to prevent mass shootings? No thanks.

My take is simpler. I don't want DeVos having anything to do with schools at all.


I second the vote for shitcanning the federal Department of Education and returning it to the States and local governments.
User avatar
HamBone
 
Posts: 2307
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:34 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 75 times

Re: Random Mass Shooting Thread

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:44 pm

HamBone wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:My take is simpler. I don't want DeVos having anything to do with schools at all.


I second the vote for shitcanning the federal Department of Education and returning it to the States and local governments.

Hear, Hear
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 13097
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 538 times
Been thanked: 566 times

Re: Random Mass Shooting Thread

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:45 pm

HamBone wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:My take is simpler. I don't want DeVos having anything to do with schools at all.


I second the vote for shitcanning the federal Department of Education and returning it to the States and local governments.

Pardon the analogy, but that only pumps half the water out of the Titanic.

The entire educational system needs rebuilt from top to bottom. If it's done right, I'd be happy to let you swing the wrecking ball at the DOE.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 13704
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 642 times

Re: Random Mass Shooting Thread

Postby Selmon Rules » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:05 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
HamBone wrote:
I second the vote for shitcanning the federal Department of Education and returning it to the States and local governments.

Pardon the analogy, but that only pumps half the water out of the Titanic.

The entire educational system needs rebuilt from top to bottom. If it's done right, I'd be happy to let you swing the wrecking ball at the DOE.

Better idea, rebuild it bottom up....
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
User avatar
Selmon Rules
 
Posts: 791
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:27 pm
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Random Mass Shooting Thread

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:10 pm

Selmon Rules wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Pardon the analogy, but that only pumps half the water out of the Titanic.

The entire educational system needs rebuilt from top to bottom. If it's done right, I'd be happy to let you swing the wrecking ball at the DOE.

Better idea, rebuild it bottom up....



I'm down with this.
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 6370
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 323 times
Been thanked: 284 times

Re: Random Mass Shooting Thread

Postby Stuart » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:13 pm

david hogg's house was swatted today. now thats funny!!!!
Stuart
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 12:10 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Random Mass Shooting Thread

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:19 pm

Stuart wrote:david hogg's house was swatted today. now thats funny!!!!



not really, in fact, its pretty damn stupid
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 6370
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 323 times
Been thanked: 284 times

Re: Random Mass Shooting Thread

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:36 pm

Stuart wrote:david hogg's house was swatted today. now thats funny!!!!

I hope whoever did that gets arrested and charged.

People die from SWAT teams with itchy trigger fingers. One false move that is misread by a SWAT officer would end an innocent life over a prank.

Nothing funny about it.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 13097
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 538 times
Been thanked: 566 times

Re: Random Mass Shooting Thread

Postby The Outsider » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:37 pm

Stuart wrote:david hogg's house was swatted today. now thats funny!!!!



Shows what kind of **** you are.
Image
User avatar
The Outsider
 
Posts: 4343
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:02 pm
Location: Gettin' all up in ya
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 238 times

Re: Random Mass Shooting Thread

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:39 pm

Stuart wrote:david hogg's house was swatted today. now thats funny!!!!

Not to pile on, but this is the dumbest thing you've said since you've returned and that's saying a lot. I get the dislike for Hogg's message, his perceived ignorance, youth, etc., but there's no reason to hate him or wish harm upon him. He's a ****ing kid.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 4904
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 112 times
Been thanked: 137 times

Re: Random Mass Shooting Thread

Postby The Outsider » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:46 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Stuart wrote:david hogg's house was swatted today. now thats funny!!!!

Not to pile on, but this is the dumbest thing you've said since you've returned and that's saying a lot. I get the dislike for Hogg's message, his perceived ignorance, youth, etc., but there's no reason to hate him or wish harm upon him. He's a ****ing kid.



****, on top of all that it's his house. His whole ****ing family lives there. I don't know a ton about the guy but he could have younger siblings and ****. That would be extremely traumatic at best and potentially fatal at worst.
Image
User avatar
The Outsider
 
Posts: 4343
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:02 pm
Location: Gettin' all up in ya
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 238 times

Re: Random Mass Shooting Thread

Postby NYBF » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:57 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:Not to pile on, but this is the dumbest thing you've said since you've returned


The sun'll come out
Tomorrow!
Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow,
He'll be dumb
Image
User avatar
NYBF
 
Posts: 6060
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:46 am
Has thanked: 193 times
Been thanked: 498 times

Re: Random Mass Shooting Thread

Postby The Outsider » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:00 pm

NYBF wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:Not to pile on, but this is the dumbest thing you've said since you've returned


The sun'll come out
Tomorrow!
Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow,
He'll be dumb



You don't happen to have the toolbox saved somewhere do you? With Stewie's return I really feel like that thing should be dusted off and put back to good use.
Image
User avatar
The Outsider
 
Posts: 4343
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:02 pm
Location: Gettin' all up in ya
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 238 times

Re: Random Mass Shooting Thread

Postby NYBF » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:23 am

I'll look, but I don't think I do.
Image
User avatar
NYBF
 
Posts: 6060
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:46 am
Has thanked: 193 times
Been thanked: 498 times

Re: Random Mass Shooting Thread

Postby Stuart » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:55 am

Stuart
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 12:10 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Random Mass Shooting Thread

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:07 am

Stuart wrote:you feel your way; i feel mine

http://healthrangerreport.com/why-david ... in-america


lol. :roll:

Too much internet for you...
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 13097
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 538 times
Been thanked: 566 times

Re: Random Mass Shooting Thread

Postby NYBF » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:12 am

We should swat Stu's house.
Image
User avatar
NYBF
 
Posts: 6060
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:46 am
Has thanked: 193 times
Been thanked: 498 times

Re: Random Mass Shooting Thread

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:19 am

Stuart wrote:you feel your way; i feel mine

http://healthrangerreport.com/why-david ... in-america

This guy is an anti-vaxxer. Great source.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 13704
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 642 times

Re: Random Mass Shooting Thread

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:31 am

NYBF wrote:We should swat Stu's house.



it'd be funny
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 6370
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 323 times
Been thanked: 284 times

Re: Random Mass Shooting Thread

Postby Stuart » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:42 am

NYBF wrote:We should swat Stu's house.



kinda hard to swat the blue tarp behind walmart.
Stuart
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 12:10 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Random Mass Shooting Thread

Postby The Outsider » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:24 pm

Stuart wrote:
NYBF wrote:We should swat Stu's house.



kinda hard to swat the blue tarp behind walmart.



You live in O-towns homeless village?
Image
User avatar
The Outsider
 
Posts: 4343
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:02 pm
Location: Gettin' all up in ya
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 238 times

Re: Random Mass Shooting Thread

Postby Rocker » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:49 pm

Rocker wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:
Yes he shot someone in the leg


I hope he loses his job and is prosecuted criminally and in civil court. No excuse for that.


Charged with one count of second degree assault.

Edit: additional charges may be filed pending the BAC results. Dafuq. Dude was one vacation, not acting in an official capacity, and took a loaded firearm into a bar/club. And then got hammered.
Image
User avatar
Rocker
 
Posts: 3923
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:23 am
Location: Upper deck of the Old Sombrero
Has thanked: 224 times
Been thanked: 214 times

Re: Random Mass Shooting Thread

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:29 pm

5 dead at a Maryland paper in an apparent grudge gone bad type of incident. The shooter sued them for defamation (case was tossed out) after published an article about him 7 years ago and he's been angry since.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 13097
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 538 times
Been thanked: 566 times

Re: Random Mass Shooting Thread

Postby deltbucs » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:43 am

DreadNaught wrote:5 dead at a Maryland paper in an apparent grudge gone bad type of incident. The shooter sued them for defamation (case was tossed out) after published an article about him 7 years ago and he's been angry since.

That's a long ****ing time to hold a grudge.
Image
deltbucs
 
Posts: 5133
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:28 pm
Has thanked: 217 times
Been thanked: 303 times

Re: Random Mass Shooting Thread

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:06 am

deltbucs wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:5 dead at a Maryland paper in an apparent grudge gone bad type of incident. The shooter sued them for defamation (case was tossed out) after published an article about him 7 years ago and he's been angry since.

That's a long ****ing time to hold a grudge.

Agreed. But that how it was reported in terms of motivation/reason. The shooter obviously has some mental issues to carry a grudge that long and commit such an terrible act of violence.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 13097
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 538 times
Been thanked: 566 times

Re: Random Mass Shooting Thread

Postby Buc2 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:41 am

While this wasn't a mass shooting, it certainly could have been.

Shooting at back to school giveaway in Titusville: Shooter wounded by bystander, police say

Eric Rogers, Florida Today Published 6:07 p.m. ET Aug. 4, 2018 | Updated 1:58 a.m. ET Aug. 5, 2018

Though it was called "Peace in the City," a back to school giveaway Saturday afternoon in Titusville was anything but.

The gunman at a crowded community rally was critically wounded by a bystander who was lawfully carrying a firearm at the event, Titusville police said in a press release.

The shooting happened just after 5 p.m. at the "Peace in the City" rally and back-to-school event at Isaac Campbell Park in the 700 block of South Street.

The suspect, who police have not identified, got into a fistfight with another person earlier in the day and returned to the park with a gun, police said. The bystander returned fire after the suspect began shooting, striking the suspect in the head.

The suspect was airlifted to an area hospital with life-threatening injuries, officials said. No other injuries were reported.

The bystander has fully cooperated with police and is not expected to face charges, police said.

“We are extremely grateful that nobody else was injured in this incident,” Titusville Deputy Chief Todd Hutchinson said in a statement. “This suspect opened fire at a crowded public park, this could have been so much worse."

Dwight Harvey, who was livestreaming a back to school giveaway in Titusville, describes the chaotic scene and frantic relatives as shots were fired. Eric Rogers, Florida Today

Titusville police, assisted by Brevard County Sheriff's deputies, responded about 5:20 p.m. to the Campbell Community Center on South Street, following reports of shots fired in the park behind the center.

The shooting occurred during the "Peace in the City" back-to-school event, where organizers were handing out school supplies. About 150 people, including dozens of children, were still gathered when shots rang out, witnesses told FLORIDA TODAY.

A flyer for the event, posted on social media, proclaimed "A day of fun, no violence!"

Dwight Harvey, of Titusville, who was live-streaming the event when the shooting started, captured the chaotic scene as about 12 shots rang out in rapid succession, sending people scattering.

Children were still leaving the bounce house as the shooter fled the scene, Harvey said. The suspect collapsed moments later in the parking lot of the park.

"There were kids in the path of those bullets. Thank God none of the kids got hit," Harvey said. "To have this happen at an event for the kids, at the 'Peace in the City' rally, is just crazy to me. It's unbelievable. It hurts. It hurts."

The condition of the shooter was unknown late Saturday. The investigation remains active, police said.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 11425
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 945 times
Been thanked: 396 times

Re: Random Mass Shooting Thread

Postby deltbucs » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:02 pm

Buc2 wrote:While this wasn't a mass shooting, it certainly could have been.

Shooting at back to school giveaway in Titusville: Shooter wounded by bystander, police say

Eric Rogers, Florida Today Published 6:07 p.m. ET Aug. 4, 2018 | Updated 1:58 a.m. ET Aug. 5, 2018

Though it was called "Peace in the City," a back to school giveaway Saturday afternoon in Titusville was anything but.

The gunman at a crowded community rally was critically wounded by a bystander who was lawfully carrying a firearm at the event, Titusville police said in a press release.

The shooting happened just after 5 p.m. at the "Peace in the City" rally and back-to-school event at Isaac Campbell Park in the 700 block of South Street.

The suspect, who police have not identified, got into a fistfight with another person earlier in the day and returned to the park with a gun, police said. The bystander returned fire after the suspect began shooting, striking the suspect in the head.

The suspect was airlifted to an area hospital with life-threatening injuries, officials said. No other injuries were reported.

The bystander has fully cooperated with police and is not expected to face charges, police said.

“We are extremely grateful that nobody else was injured in this incident,” Titusville Deputy Chief Todd Hutchinson said in a statement. “This suspect opened fire at a crowded public park, this could have been so much worse."

Dwight Harvey, who was livestreaming a back to school giveaway in Titusville, describes the chaotic scene and frantic relatives as shots were fired. Eric Rogers, Florida Today

Titusville police, assisted by Brevard County Sheriff's deputies, responded about 5:20 p.m. to the Campbell Community Center on South Street, following reports of shots fired in the park behind the center.

The shooting occurred during the "Peace in the City" back-to-school event, where organizers were handing out school supplies. About 150 people, including dozens of children, were still gathered when shots rang out, witnesses told FLORIDA TODAY.

A flyer for the event, posted on social media, proclaimed "A day of fun, no violence!"

Dwight Harvey, of Titusville, who was live-streaming the event when the shooting started, captured the chaotic scene as about 12 shots rang out in rapid succession, sending people scattering.

Children were still leaving the bounce house as the shooter fled the scene, Harvey said. The suspect collapsed moments later in the parking lot of the park.

"There were kids in the path of those bullets. Thank God none of the kids got hit," Harvey said. "To have this happen at an event for the kids, at the 'Peace in the City' rally, is just crazy to me. It's unbelievable. It hurts. It hurts."

The condition of the shooter was unknown late Saturday. The investigation remains active, police said.

Could have been a mass shooting? The guy got beat up and went and got his gun to shoot the guy that beat him up.
A couple weeks ago some dude shot and killed another dude for pushing him at a gas station. If his first shot misses and someone shoots him, did they prevent a mass shooting, too?
Image
deltbucs
 
Posts: 5133
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:28 pm
Has thanked: 217 times
Been thanked: 303 times

Re: Random Mass Shooting Thread

Postby Buc2 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:15 pm

Yeah. No one has ever gotten mad at one person in a group and come back and shot people that weren't involved in the earlier altercation before.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 11425
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 945 times
Been thanked: 396 times

Re: Random Mass Shooting Thread

Postby NYBF » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:46 pm

deltbucs wrote:
Buc2 wrote:While this wasn't a mass shooting, it certainly could have been.


Could have been a mass shooting? The guy got beat up and went and got his gun to shoot the guy that beat him up.
A couple weeks ago some dude shot and killed another dude for pushing him at a gas station. If his first shot misses and someone shoots him, did they prevent a mass shooting, too?



Buc2 wrote:While this story is, indeed, tragic, I'm not sure when the shooting of two people became a random mass shooting.

mass shooting
The discharging of firearms multiple times by one or more parties into a group of unarmed victims
Examples
Fort Hood, TX, November 2009—13 dead
Virginia Tech, April 2007—32 dead
Columbine High School, April 1999—17 dead
Segen's Medical Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.


Buc2 wrote:Spin it however you like. Post it wherever you like. I just think you'd be hard pressed to find any law enforcement agency or even a media outlet that would describe this as a mass shooting.

Image
User avatar
NYBF
 
Posts: 6060
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:46 am
Has thanked: 193 times
Been thanked: 498 times

Re: Random Mass Shooting Thread

Postby Buc2 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:51 pm

NYBF wrote:
Buc2 wrote:While this wasn't a mass shooting, it certainly could have been.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 11425
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 945 times
Been thanked: 396 times

PreviousNext

post

Return to Politics and Religion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests