Trump Tax Plan Is Out

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Trump Tax Plan Is Out

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:41 am

Wharf Rat wrote:WE ALL GON DIE!!!

Seriously, though, can we all just agree that no politician gives a **** about the debt? And there’s no amount of whining that will change that.

Have you started a go fund me for the national debt yet?
mdb1958

Postby Zarniwoop » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:02 am

Well I think this puts an end to it.

You guys have told us fiscal conservatives what we believe, why we believe it and why it’s wrong.

I think we can close up the thread...everything is so self evident and tautological now

The Keynesians have won.
Zarniwoop

Postby bucfanclw » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:34 am

Zarniwoop wrote:Well I think this puts an end to it.

You guys have told us fiscal conservatives what we believe, why we believe it and why it’s wrong.

I think we can close up the thread...everything is so self evident and tautological now

The Keynesians have won.

Could you possibly be more of a bitch? You just got your huge tax cut package passed. Stop whining.
bucfanclw

Postby bucfanclw » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:35 am

mdb1958 wrote:
Wharf Rat wrote:WE ALL GON DIE!!!

Seriously, though, can we all just agree that no politician gives a **** about the debt? And there’s no amount of whining that will change that.

Have you started a go fund me for the national debt yet?

So you're opposed to this tax package?
bucfanclw

Postby Zarniwoop » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:46 am

bucfanclw wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:Well I think this puts an end to it.

The Keynesians have won.

Could you possibly be more of a bitch? You just got your huge tax cut package passed. Stop whining.

Lol, ok
Zarniwoop

Postby bucfanclw » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:55 am

Zarniwoop wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:Could you possibly be more of a bitch? You just got your huge tax cut package passed. Stop whining.

Lol, ok

You never clarify HOW your ideas will work, you rely on blanket statements like "cut spending", you provide no historical precedent for your ideas working, and then when anyone asks for clarification you throw out another whiney post that people are telling you what you think or a dismissive "Ok" as if that somehow wins the discussion. You used to be pretty good in this forum, but lately you've just become a bitch.
bucfanclw

Postby Zarniwoop » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:12 am

Lol, ok

Why don’t you see if I have ever responded this way to any of the other posters on this board.

I think you will find that you are really really special in that regard.
Zarniwoop

Postby bucfanclw » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:29 am

Zarniwoop wrote:Lol, ok

Why don’t you see if I have ever responded this way to any of the other posters on this board.

I think you will find that you are really really special in that regard.

So I'm just in your head so much you can't respond to a legitimate question? Good to know. I'll stop trying to press you beyond your means, then.
bucfanclw

Postby Zarniwoop » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:42 am

Yes that’s correct. I feel I don’t have the mental acuity to discuss things with you.

But retards like MB, BMD, BUc2, DN, USC, RL...those nitwits I can talk to

Seeing as you are always telling me what I believe, giving my ideas cute little names and explains why I’m so wrong all the time, I would think you wouldn’t want to engage down to my stupidity anyway ... so in a way, my cowardice to talk to you is really a favor for you
Last edited by Zarniwoop on Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zarniwoop

Postby Buc2 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:42 am

The problem, clwster, is you ask questions no one can readily provide an answer to. We all have regular jobs and regular lives that preclude us from spending a lot of time studying the dizzying amount of data required to answer your questions in specific detail. We are not policy makers whose job it is to comb through the mountains of economic data and come up with a policy solution or suggestion of what programs to cut and how deeply to cut them. Therefore we speak in more generic terms. If you don't like that, well...tough ****.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Pirate Life » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:45 am

Welcome to Kansas I guess. Those tax cuts and incentives for businesses have really done wonders for that state's economy and job market.
Pirate Life

Postby Zarniwoop » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:52 am

Pirate Life wrote:Welcome to Kansas I guess. Those tax cuts and incentives for businesses have really done wonders for that state's economy and job market.

Kansas is a **** show. Much like many other areas of the country ... we have cities and states on the verge of insolvency and bankruptcy.
Zarniwoop

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:03 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:Yes that’s correct. I feel I don’t have the mental acuity to discuss things with you.

Seeing as you are always telling me what I believe, giving my ideas cute little names and explains why I’m so wrong all the time, I would think you wouldn’t want to engage down to my stupidity anyway ... so in a way, my cowardice to talk to you is really a favor for you

Nitwit and a retard eh?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Pirate Life » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:07 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:
Pirate Life wrote:Welcome to Kansas I guess. Those tax cuts and incentives for businesses have really done wonders for that state's economy and job market.

Kansas is a **** show. Much like many other areas of the country ... we have cities and states on the verge of insolvency and bankruptcy.

Yep, but hey let's adopt their tax policy but not make the spending cuts they did. That should work well, right?

It's a shitty bill for the country and for the majority of businesses in the country that aren't C Corps. They made it slightly less shitty for pass through companies, but it's still pretty terrible for them. Throw in the increased taxes for going to grad school and it pretty much curb stomps the middle class, especially when the cuts/credits expire for personal returns.
Pirate Life

Postby Zarniwoop » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:12 pm

Pirate Life wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:

Yep, but hey let's adopt their tax policy but not make the spending cuts they did. That should work well, right?

It's a shitty bill for the country and for the majority of businesses in the country that aren't C Corps. They made it slightly less shitty for pass through companies, but it's still pretty terrible for them. Throw in the increased taxes for going to grad school and it pretty much curb stomps the middle class, especially when the cuts/credits expire for personal returns.

Yes, I argued a couple days ago my disappointment with how it grows the debt. I would much rather have seen it coupled with larger spending cuts

As for the Grad school thing, as someone who spent far too long in grad schools, I don't see it changing enrollment much...I would have went to school even if I had to pay taxes on my scholarship...students are so poor at the time they are in a low tax bracket .... plus we don't know if grad schools will increase the stipends they pay to students to help alleviate some of that extra burden ...what I do hate about it though, is that it sets precedent to tax other things such as health care contributions by private companies. That part of the tax bill is certainly not something I support.
Zarniwoop

Postby Zarniwoop » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:25 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:Yes that’s correct. I feel I don’t have the mental acuity to discuss things with you.

Nitwit and a retard eh?

I fixed it....sorry for the confusion, it was sarcasm...likewise to any of the others on that list that took offense...my joke may have bombed...but you are on the list because I have great respect for engaging with you on this board and hearing your opinions...and fun doing it.
Zarniwoop

Postby Rocker » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:28 pm

Nitwit is one of those words you don’t hear often. Makes the use of it that much more awesome when it comes out.
Rocker

Postby NYBF » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:42 pm

NYBF wrote:Anyone have a problem with lobbyists giving Dems the text of the tax bill they wrote?

No one, huh? I'm not really surprised.
NYBF

Postby Zarniwoop » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:54 pm

NYBF wrote:
NYBF wrote:Anyone have a problem with lobbyists giving Dems the text of the tax bill they wrote?

Where are you getting this from? I haven’t seen a story in it. I’m sure others haven’t either.

Link it and maybe someone will read it and respond

Which lobbyists and what did they write?
Zarniwoop

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:28 pm

Mountaineer Buc

Postby Zarniwoop » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:34 pm

Everyone knows the rich don’t eat Oreos. They eat $1,000 dozen gourmet cookies
Zarniwoop

Postby RedLeader » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:38 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:
Lol, ok

You never clarify HOW your ideas will work, you rely on blanket statements like "cut spending", you provide no historical precedent for your ideas working, and then when anyone asks for clarification you throw out another whiney post that people are telling you what you think or a dismissive "Ok" as if that somehow wins the discussion. You used to be pretty good in this forum, but lately you've just become a bitch.

“Wins the discussion” ?? Haha. I didn’t know we were keeping score around here.

Zarn, you better tighten it up if you hope to make the playoffs.
RedLeader

Postby bucfanclw » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:45 pm

Buc2 wrote:The problem, clwster, is you ask questions no one can readily provide an answer to. We all have regular jobs and regular lives that preclude us from spending a lot of time studying the dizzying amount of data required to answer your questions in specific detail. We are not policy makers whose job it is to comb through the mountains of economic data and come up with a policy solution or suggestion of what programs to cut and how deeply to cut them. Therefore we speak in more generic terms. If you don't like that, well...tough ****.

Well you see, as a senior engineer I have to devise solutions and implement plans for a living. I don't get the luxury of making a baseless blanket statement and just expecting things to work. I apologize if I have a hard time accepting the easy answer when it relates to the economic success of the country that I make a living in.
bucfanclw

Postby Zarniwoop » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:53 pm

RedLeader wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:You never clarify HOW your ideas will work, you rely on blanket statements like "cut spending", you provide no historical precedent for your ideas working, and then when anyone asks for clarification you throw out another whiney post that people are telling you what you think or a dismissive "Ok" as if that somehow wins the discussion. You used to be pretty good in this forum, but lately you've just become a bitch.

I’m hoping to sneak in as a 16 seed in a play in game

I’m hoping my quality losses sway the committees decision
Zarniwoop

Postby deltbucs » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:17 pm

deltbucs

Postby bucfanclw » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:23 pm

I saw that one. Complete bullshit.

There's also a provision relating to private jet owners that sounded bad on the surface, but I honestly agree with that one. It's basically getting rid of the ticket excise tax for them since you don't really buy a ticket for your own jet. I'm fine with that one.
bucfanclw

Postby NYBF » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:11 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:
NYBF wrote:

Where are you getting this from? I haven’t seen a story in it. I’m sure others haven’t either.

Claire McCaskill, Senator from Missouri:

https://twitter.com/clairecmc/status/936678750577623041

NYBF

Postby Zarniwoop » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:23 pm

NYBF wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:

Claire McCaskill, Senator from Missouri:

https://twitter.com/clairecmc/status/936678750577623041

Thanks

If she means that the lobbyists went away and physically wrote policy essentially by themselves and turned it in and it was immediately included on the plan, then I have issue with it.

If she means that the lobbyists influenced the policy writers (and she’s using the term “wrote” loosely), I don’t have much problem with it. (But I’d need to be given more details as to the specifics)
Zarniwoop

Postby Commander Bubbles » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:42 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:

Nitwit and a retard eh?

I'm offended I didn't make the list of nitwits and retards!
Commander Bubbles

Postby Commander Bubbles » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:48 pm

RedLeader wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:You never clarify HOW your ideas will work, you rely on blanket statements like "cut spending", you provide no historical precedent for your ideas working, and then when anyone asks for clarification you throw out another whiney post that people are telling you what you think or a dismissive "Ok" as if that somehow wins the discussion. You used to be pretty good in this forum, but lately you've just become a bitch.

Commander Bubbles

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion