The Fourth Estate

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
post

Re: The Fourth Estate

Postby Caradoc » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:09 am

http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/lawy ... -blackout/



The attorneys for 2016 supporters of Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) who are suing Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.) and the Democratic National Committee for fraud say they are “perplexed” as to why the case has gotten so little coverage in the media.

“This seems like an important case, as important as you can get,” attorney Cullin O’Brien told LifeZette on Tuesday.

“You don’t have a right to take people’s money under false pretenses.”
In the suit, Wilding v. DNC, the Sanders supporters and their attorneys claim Schultz and the Democratic National Committee defrauded them out of their money by pledging to be neutral when in fact the committee was working, from early on, to help Hillary Clinton — and only Hillary Clinton. They accuse them of “intentional, willful, wanton and malicious” conduct.
Caradoc
 
Posts: 4037
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:30 pm
Has thanked: 193 times
Been thanked: 122 times

Re: The Fourth Estate

Postby deltbucs » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:33 pm

It sure would be nice if that go more press, but it won't. Corruption in the government gets basically zero press.
Image
deltbucs
 
Posts: 4702
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:28 pm
Has thanked: 205 times
Been thanked: 283 times

Re: The Fourth Estate

Postby Zarniwoop » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:43 pm

I don't understand how Sanders supporters aren't protesting every day.

First you had those ridiculous elitist superdelegate votes that completely ignored the general public (what a farce those are)

Then there is proof that the DNC was sabotaging his campaign


I realize ever primary is basically rigged by the media and establishment but this is the most blatant one I've ever seen
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 4691
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 165 times
Been thanked: 231 times

Re: The Fourth Estate

Postby deltbucs » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:10 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:I don't understand how Sanders supporters aren't protesting every day.

First you had those ridiculous elitist superdelegate votes that completely ignored the general public (what a farce those are)

Then there is proof that the DNC was sabotaging his campaign


I realize ever primary is basically rigged by the media and establishment but this is the most blatant one I've ever seen

Who do you think filed this lawsuit that we're talking about? Lol!
Image
deltbucs
 
Posts: 4702
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:28 pm
Has thanked: 205 times
Been thanked: 283 times

Re: The Fourth Estate

Postby Zarniwoop » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:10 pm

Oh, are they protesting everyday?

I guess I'm not seeing it


Is there any talk of it in the news? Any gatherings?


Are they forcing the people who conspired out? How about the media that did all they could to silence him/ignore him? They protesting or boycotting them?


They trying to change the superdelegate process? They holding those superdelegate that clearly didn't care about the common person's vote accountable?


They basically had an election stolen from them.





Lol
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 4691
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 165 times
Been thanked: 231 times

Re: The Fourth Estate

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:29 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:Oh, are they protesting everyday?

I guess I'm not seeing it


Is there any talk of it in the news? Any gatherings?


Are they forcing the people who conspired out? How about the media that did all they could to silence him/ignore him? They protesting or boycotting them?


They trying to change the superdelegate process? They holding those superdelegate that clearly didn't care about the common person's vote accountable?


They basically had an election stolen from them.





Lol

There's a schism going on with progressives making primary challenges to incumbent democrats.

Not sure if any have won yet, but you'll start seeing it next spring.

My concern is that that there will be some dingbats running that will undercut the movement. Jill Stein types who only see the country for how they think it should be rather than how it is and have no clue how to get from A to Z.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 11625
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 115 times
Been thanked: 583 times

Re: The Fourth Estate

Postby Zarniwoop » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:36 pm

We will see if the momentum he created catches on. While I dint like almost any of his politics he seems he would be good for the party

I watched a crappy Zeitgest type documentary with Woody Harrelson as the narrator from about 2012 and Bernie was interviewed. He did a good job...his message was much more moderate than when he ran last year.
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 4691
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 165 times
Been thanked: 231 times

Re: The Fourth Estate

Postby deltbucs » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:51 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:Oh, are they protesting everyday?

I guess I'm not seeing it


Is there any talk of it in the news? Any gatherings?


Are they forcing the people who conspired out? How about the media that did all they could to silence him/ignore him? They protesting or boycotting them?


They trying to change the superdelegate process? They holding those superdelegate that clearly didn't care about the common person's vote accountable?


They basically had an election stolen from them.





Lol

Have you been living under a rock for the last year or so? LOL!!
Image
deltbucs
 
Posts: 4702
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:28 pm
Has thanked: 205 times
Been thanked: 283 times

Re: The Fourth Estate

Postby Zarniwoop » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:56 pm

deltbucs wrote:It sure would be nice if that go more press, but it won't. Corruption in the government gets basically zero press.
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 4691
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 165 times
Been thanked: 231 times

Re: The Fourth Estate

Postby Corsair » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:15 pm

How do people feel about FoxNews keeping the Seth Rich story alive at the direction of the Executive branch of the government?

For this administration and its followers, "fake news" has become their battle cry and now there is a lawsuit alleging that FNC continued this false story with the consent and encouragement of the President.

The fact that he was even in contact with Fox undermines their credibility immensely. The fact that it was a fake conspiracy theory that misquoted the investigator should be twice as damning.
Image
User avatar
Corsair
 
Posts: 5420
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:25 am
Has thanked: 154 times
Been thanked: 283 times

Re: The Fourth Estate

Postby Ken Carson » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:23 pm

Corsair wrote:How do people feel about FoxNews keeping the Seth Rich story alive at the direction of the Executive branch of the government?

For this administration and its followers, "fake news" has become their battle cry and now there is a lawsuit alleging that FNC continued this false story with the consent and encouragement of the President.

The fact that he was even in contact with Fox undermines their credibility immensely. The fact that it was a fake conspiracy theory that misquoted the investigator should be twice as damning.

I hope to God the network bottoms out so I don't have to wade through 40 episodes of that new Hannity creepy guy Tucker on my parents DVR.

As far as FNC being partisan shills, they certainly are and will continue to be. They carry water with the best of them.
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 2940
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 157 times

Re: The Fourth Estate

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:33 am

Ken Carson wrote:I hope to God the network bottoms out so I don't have to wade through 40 episodes of that new Hannity creepy guy Tucker on my parents DVR.

That sounds horrific!!!
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 11514
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 464 times
Been thanked: 491 times

Re: The Fourth Estate

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:36 am

I'm guessing in my entire life I've seen less than an hour of Hannitys show. Never liked his melodrama
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 4691
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 165 times
Been thanked: 231 times

Re: The Fourth Estate

Postby SDBucs » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:18 pm

Image

Still my absolute favorite.

Sure it's not exclusive to CNN, but lmfao

"Unbiased centrist CNN Hurrrrrrr"
SDBucs
 
Posts: 1100
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:30 pm
Has thanked: 61 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: The Fourth Estate

Postby Buc2 » Tue May 29, 2018 8:26 am

Lots of deleted tweets once it became known that this photo was from a 2014 article written during the Obama administration instead of the Trump administration. Guess it didn't matter back then as much as if it had happened today. Pathetic media people and their Hate Trump agenda.

A photograph of two migrant children sleeping in a cage at an ICE detention facility quickly went viral on Sunday after several prominent liberals tweeted it in a white-hot rage at President Trump's immigration policy.

Image

After a laundry list of journalists and public figures angrily tweeted the photo - including CNN's Hadas Gold, NYT Mag's editor-in-chief Jake Silverstein, Obama speechwriter Jon Favreau and former LA mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, they deleted their tweets in shame when it emerged that the photo was taken in 2014, under Obama.

Indeed - nobody thought to check the date on the attached article, published in June of 2014.

The award for the lamest excuse goes to CNN's Hadas Gold, who wrote "Deleted previous tweet because gave impression of recent photos (they're from 2014)"
Hadas Gold
‏Verified account
@Hadas_Gold
Follow Follow @Hadas_Gold

Deleted previous tweet because gave impression of recent photos (they’re from 2014)

11:43 AM - 27 May 2018

EducatédHillbilly™
@RobProvince
No you did not “give the impression”. You flat out said it. pic.twitter.com/kGJ2PmPVgT

4:46 PM - May 27, 2018

Image

Jake Silverstein, editor-in-chief of NYT Magazine, threw his family under the bus for "distracting" him.
Jake Silverstein

@jakesilverstein
Correction: this link, which was going around this morning, is from 2014. Still disturbing, of course, but only indirectly related to current situation. My bad (and a good reminder not to RT things while distracted w family on the weekend). https://twitter.com/jakesilverstein/sta ... 2271745025

4:33 PM - May 27, 2018


Obama speechwriter Jon Favreau cranked up the virtue-signaling up to eleven, tweeting "Look at these pictures. This is happening right now, and the only debate that matters is how we force our government to get these kids back to their families as fast as humanly possible."

Aaand it's gone - but not forgotten:
Caleb Hull

@CalebJHull

I don’t know what’s worse... Obama’s speech writer self-owning himself by sharing an article dating back to 2014 under Obama or him deleting his tweet showing that he doesn’t actually care about the kids and just wanted to dunk on Trump

5:21 PM - May 27, 2018


And it goes on...click here for more. You can hate the source, but it's backed up with links to actual tweets.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 9685
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 815 times
Been thanked: 316 times

Re: The Fourth Estate

Postby deltbucs » Tue May 29, 2018 8:39 am

It's pretty sad to see people in the media retweet things without checking validity. Ironically the same thing that we see them criticize trump for.
Image
deltbucs
 
Posts: 4702
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:28 pm
Has thanked: 205 times
Been thanked: 283 times

Re: The Fourth Estate

Postby Buc2 » Tue May 29, 2018 8:45 am

deltbucs wrote:It's pretty sad to see people in the media retweet things without checking validity. Ironically the same thing that we see them criticize trump for.

Right? Things have gotten so bad, I spent some time just to verify that article I posted hadn't been faked. While I still won't guarantee it isn't, the tweets it references do appear to be real.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 9685
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 815 times
Been thanked: 316 times

Re: The Fourth Estate

Postby bucfanclw » Tue May 29, 2018 8:55 am

deltbucs wrote:It's pretty sad to see people in the media retweet things without checking validity. Ironically the same thing that we see them criticize trump for.

Agreed. If they want to be taken seriously as journalists, they need to hold themselves to a higher standard.
User avatar
bucfanclw
 
Posts: 3553
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:09 pm
Location: I'm told Clewiston
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 152 times

Re: The Fourth Estate

Postby RedLeader » Tue May 29, 2018 9:38 am

Doh! Well that’s embarrassing.
User avatar
RedLeader
 
Posts: 2340
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:27 pm
Location: G14 Classified
Has thanked: 81 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: The Fourth Estate

Postby Tbayfan » Tue May 29, 2018 10:19 am

One would think that this false outrage (until they realize it was their guy) or when they got the Flynn meeting with the Russian Ambassador before the election date wrong, or when the MSM denied that Comey told POTUS that he was not under investigation or when they (April Ryan) tweeted that POTUS was running a child trafficking ring, or when CNN shared questions with Hillary or when the MSM made fun of POTUS when he said that his campaign was being surveiled (and many others) might just make the MSM think twice. But the accusation has always been more important than the truth, if it fits their agenda.
Image
User avatar
Tbayfan
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 7:53 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: The Fourth Estate

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue May 29, 2018 10:35 am

Tbayfan wrote:One would think that this false outrage (until they realize it was their guy) or when they got the Flynn meeting with the Russian Ambassador before the election date wrong, or when the MSM denied that Comey told POTUS that he was not under investigation or when they (April Ryan) tweeted that POTUS was running a child trafficking ring, or when CNN shared questions with Hillary or when the MSM made fun of POTUS when he said that his campaign was being surveiled (and many others) might just make the MSM think twice. But the accusation has always been more important than the truth, if it fits their agenda.



It's because there is virtually no downside to being wrong anymore. They have every incentive to be as fast as they can to break news and to make it as shocking as possible.

Until people start turning the channel or reading different sites, there is no reason for them to change.
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 4691
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 165 times
Been thanked: 231 times

Re: The Fourth Estate

Postby Tbayfan » Tue May 29, 2018 10:52 am

Zarniwoop wrote:
Tbayfan wrote:One would think that this false outrage (until they realize it was their guy) or when they got the Flynn meeting with the Russian Ambassador before the election date wrong, or when the MSM denied that Comey told POTUS that he was not under investigation or when they (April Ryan) tweeted that POTUS was running a child trafficking ring, or when CNN shared questions with Hillary or when the MSM made fun of POTUS when he said that his campaign was being surveiled (and many others) might just make the MSM think twice. But the accusation has always been more important than the truth, if it fits their agenda.



It's because there is virtually no downside to being wrong anymore. They have every incentive to be as fast as they can to break news and to make it as shocking as possible.

Until people start turning the channel or reading different sites, there is no reason for them to change.


This is true. As long as people on both sides hear and believe what they want to hear, the potential impact is what is going to determine what is news. Not necessarily the truth.

So how do we fix it?
Image
User avatar
Tbayfan
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 7:53 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: The Fourth Estate

Postby bucfanclw » Tue May 29, 2018 11:36 am

Tbayfan wrote:So how do we fix it?

We don't. The first amendment is a bit of a double-edged sword in that respect.
User avatar
bucfanclw
 
Posts: 3553
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:09 pm
Location: I'm told Clewiston
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 152 times

Re: The Fourth Estate

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue May 29, 2018 11:54 am

Tbayfan wrote:
So how do we fix it?


Just like any other product - we quit consuming it
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 4691
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 165 times
Been thanked: 231 times

Re: The Fourth Estate

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue May 29, 2018 12:30 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:
Tbayfan wrote:
So how do we fix it?


Just like any other product - we quit consuming it

Easier said than done. Watch any 24 hour news cycle and it will do everything it can to piss you off. Trump, Kaepernik, welfare people, businesses, politicians, and social media rants are all part of what gets shoved into your face for the express purpose of pissing you off and telling you whose to blame for it.

That's just the hard news, after that we have a neato lineup of news analysts who break down the offenses blow by blow to get you even more pissed off until finally it's torn down and oversimplified to the simplest of strawmen that the host then slays with an itty-bitty dose of "common sense" leaving the viewer nodding in agreement and thinking they have a simple solution for a complex problem.

Fox,CNN, MSNBC, .....all running the same playbook while ironically referring to themselves as journalists.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 11625
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 115 times
Been thanked: 583 times

Re: The Fourth Estate

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue May 29, 2018 1:47 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Easier said than done.



It's not hard at all. The only time I watch any of the cable news is when I'm watching election results. Just turn off the channel.

In the morning I will quickly glance at FOX for the day's headlines but that is it. There are plenty of good sites out there, they just aren't as mainstream.



Challenge yourself - no mainstream news for 2 weeks. And no ridiculous reddit forums or facebook stuff. I bet when you are done you are just as informed, but also much happier.
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 4691
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 165 times
Been thanked: 231 times

Re: The Fourth Estate

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue May 29, 2018 2:09 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Easier said than done.



It's not hard at all. The only time I watch any of the cable news is when I'm watching election results. Just turn off the channel.

In the morning I will quickly glance at FOX for the day's headlines but that is it. There are plenty of good sites out there, they just aren't as mainstream.



Challenge yourself - no mainstream news for 2 weeks. And no ridiculous reddit forums or facebook stuff. I bet when you are done you are just as informed, but also much happier.

Oh, I took Rush Limbaugh's advice and don't watch it at all. Stepping out of the Fox News bubble was the catalyst for my ideological shift. (Thanks, Rush)

I get my local news and weather in the morning and the rest I read online at my leisure. It's asking people en masse to give up their ideological crutch that is the trick. Terry ain't about to give up on Doocy and Kilmeade.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 11625
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 115 times
Been thanked: 583 times

Re: The Fourth Estate

Postby Buc2 » Tue May 29, 2018 2:19 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Easier said than done.



It's not hard at all. The only time I watch any of the cable news is when I'm watching election results. Just turn off the channel.

In the morning I will quickly glance at FOX for the day's headlines but that is it. There are plenty of good sites out there, they just aren't as mainstream.



Challenge yourself - no mainstream news for 2 weeks. And no ridiculous reddit forums or facebook stuff. I bet when you are done you are just as informed, but also much happier.

I haven't watched TV news in years and I have no intention of going back. I get the local weather and the days headlines on my phone. That's all I need to start the day. Any other news I get comes from online sources...many of which I have mentioned before.

But, like MB stated, getting people to give it up en masse is problematic at best. More like impossible.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 9685
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 815 times
Been thanked: 316 times

Re: The Fourth Estate

Postby PrimeMinister » Tue May 29, 2018 4:05 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:
Tbayfan wrote:One would think that this false outrage (until they realize it was their guy) or when they got the Flynn meeting with the Russian Ambassador before the election date wrong, or when the MSM denied that Comey told POTUS that he was not under investigation or when they (April Ryan) tweeted that POTUS was running a child trafficking ring, or when CNN shared questions with Hillary or when the MSM made fun of POTUS when he said that his campaign was being surveiled (and many others) might just make the MSM think twice. But the accusation has always been more important than the truth, if it fits their agenda.



It's because there is virtually no downside to being wrong anymore.


Facts. This is what Trump counts on as well: no downside to being wrong or lying. Just move on to the next story and it’s forgotten in 24 hours.
PrimeMinister
 
Posts: 7303
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:34 am
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 193 times

Re: The Fourth Estate

Postby PrimeMinister » Tue May 29, 2018 4:07 pm

What non mainstream news sources do you all use?
PrimeMinister
 
Posts: 7303
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:34 am
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 193 times

PreviousNext

post

Return to Politics and Religion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests