Impeachment of Donald Trump thread

A politics forum for the most Republican Fan base in the NFL
Re: Impeachment of Donald Trump thread

Postby TheChefO » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:56 pm

PetePierson wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:Rep Al Green is denouncing Impeachment proceedings as racist because none of the witnesses today were people of color. He says we are sending a message to the country that blacks are not qualified to talk about the Constitution.

This is a joke, right?

The Woke Dems have lost it.

TheChefO

Postby PetePierson » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:39 pm

Not usually a fan of yahoo anything but this isn't a bad little piece on impeachment. Dumbed down but done well.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/explainer-im ... 06039.html
PetePierson

Postby Phantom Phenom » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:54 pm

Almost over!

White House counsel Pat Cipollone responded in a letter, “You should end this inquiry now and not waste even more time with additional hearings.”

Someone should check on nonbabeinbucland and JB
Phantom Phenom

Postby Phantom Phenom » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:03 pm

Even if they did remove him from office, Guess what?!

To burst your bubble,Trump can run again!
Phantom Phenom

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:15 pm

PetePierson wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:Rep Al Green is denouncing Impeachment proceedings as racist because none of the witnesses today were people of color. He says we are sending a message to the country that blacks are not qualified to talk about the Constitution.

This is a joke, right?

You must have missed the reaction earlier this week to Kamala Harris dropping out of the race.

It's not just Pubs that are racist anymore.

Errybody is racist..

How else could you possibly explain Kamala Harris and Cory Booker NOT leading the field? You can't, so don't try. Racist!!
DreadNaught

Postby Brazen331 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:49 pm

To be fair, Al Green might be the dumbest member of Congress. He is the one who tried to Impeach Trump 2 years ago for his criticism of kneeling NFL players and Charlottesville. His resolution actually got 58 votes from Dems.
Brazen331

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:18 pm

Brazen331 wrote:To be fair, Al Green might be the dumbest member of Congress. He is the one who tried to Impeach Trump 2 years ago for his criticism of kneeling NFL players and Charlottesville. His resolution actually got 58 votes from Dems.

Hank Johnson has that title. He's the guy that thought Guam would get overpopulated and tip over.

Still serving.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:43 am

Still serving.

Yeah!

For team whacko...
mdb1958

Postby Ken Carson » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:17 pm

So here’s the rub. Schiff’s report lays out 3 reasons to impeach Trump.

1. Bribery - this is kind of absurd because bribery at a federal level has a pretty clear definition. And the Supreme Court ruled in a relevant case that elected officials have wide latitude when engaging in dealmaking related to their official position (9-0), making bribery charges against elected officials effectively a higher bar than simple exchange of this for that. Furthermore, Trump is bound by law to ensure that aid does not go to countries who exhibit corruption. Not to say he is pure as the driven snow, I don’t think he is, but the burden of proof for bribery is something not remotely met by the inquiry so far.

2/3. Obstruction of Justice/Obstruction of Congress - I’ll lump these together because they are basically the same thing. Congress issued subpoenas to executive branch employees. Trump decided to fight them in court by asserting executive privilege. The end. That is what the Dems are impeaching him for. They aren’t waiting for the courts to rule on whether or not Trump can assert privilege in this case and then go after him for obstructing justice/Congress in violation of a court ruling. They are simply claiming that him appealing their subpoenas to the court system is an impeachable offense. This is patently absurd. Whether or not Trump is wrong to assert executive privilege isn’t yet at issue. That is a matter for the courts. The issue is that the House Dems are claiming that any appeal to the courts is impeachable, rather than how the government is set up.

Where you can really tell how stupid the experts brought in this past week are is when three of them say it’s an impeachable offense to exert executive privilege in response to congressional subpoenas. This impeachment is so thin and it’s a bunch of people telling you how they are protecting the constitution while using it as toilet paper.

I don’t like Trump. But I love our country more than I dislike him. So count me not on board.
Ken Carson

Postby Swashy » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:08 pm

Get this stupid twat out of office. Not convinced it's gonna happen but I'm convinced it's for the best.
Swashy

Postby Ken Carson » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:40 pm

Swashy wrote:Get this stupid twat out of office. Not convinced it's gonna happen but I'm convinced it's for the best.

You seem like an overly emotion person.
Ken Carson

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:45 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
Swashy wrote:Get this stupid twat out of office. Not convinced it's gonna happen but I'm convinced it's for the best.

His strings are tied to tight.
mdb1958

Postby NavyBuc » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:59 pm

Relax dude. It’s not that bad. Country is doing well. If people want him out, they’ll vote him out. Election is less than a year away. Whatever happens, happens. Life goes on.
NavyBuc

Postby Swashy » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:12 pm

Ken Carson wrote:

Less an emotional person and more that I fully believe that you can lead the United States without acting like a 16 year old girl and knowing just as much as she does about the constitution and containing the same emotional capacity. Trump is unfit to be commander in chief regardless of his job performance and that is a deal breaker for me. End of story. And the fact that his rabid base would've burned Obama in effigy for doing the same things as Trump has done is laughable given the fact they so readily excuse anything he does. I don't relish in seeing people cry when their candidate loses but I might have to make an exception for Trump because he'll throw a bigger tantrum than his supporters will if he's removed from office or loses in 2020
Swashy

Postby HamBone » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:33 pm

Swashy wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:You seem like an overly emotion person.

Less an emotional person and more that I fully believe that you can lead the United States without acting like a 16 year old girl and knowing just as much as she does about the constitution and containing the same emotional capacity. Trump is unfit to be commander in chief regardless of his job performance and that is a deal breaker for me. End of story. And the fact that his rabid base would've burned Obama in effigy for doing the same things as Trump has done is laughable given the fact they so readily excuse anything he does. I don't relish in seeing people cry when their candidate loses but I might have to make an exception for Trump because he'll throw a bigger tantrum than his supporters will if he's removed from office or loses in 2020

And if that doesn’t happen?
HamBone

Postby Ken Carson » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:22 pm

Swashy wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:You seem like an overly emotion person.

Obama promised Russia “more flexibility after the election” on a hot mic in 2012. He asked them to back off their aggression with a promise of US policy flexibility to help his 2012 election chances. There was shortly thereafter Republican control of the House. He was not impeached. He was certainly not “burned in effigy.” But we heard him on TV solicit the help of a foreign government with an implication of US policy concessions for his person political gain.

How do you explain the lack of burning?
Ken Carson

Postby Alpha » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:58 am

Are ANY of you people gonna give credit, where credit is due?

I believe I was the FIRST...and perhaps ONLY person to call this EXACTLY right.

I understand that it's difficult to grant me my just due.

I TOLD you people that he was getting impeached. This is a MATH problem. Nothing more or less.

I ALSO told you he wouldn't be convicted. ANOTHER MATH problem.

I know it hurts. It may even burn a little for you Drumphsters. Your boy is making history. In every WRONG way. I find it hilarious but y'all won't.

Personally...Drumph should be convicted of treason but he won't be. You people that have been defending his absurdity should be as well. You should be ashamed of yourselves. You'll forgive him ANYTHING.

Shame on all of you.
Alpha

Postby bucfanclw » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:07 am

Ken Carson wrote:
Swashy wrote:

Obama promised Russia “more flexibility after the election” on a hot mic in 2012. He asked them to back off their aggression with a promise of US policy flexibility to help his 2012 election chances. There was shortly thereafter Republican control of the House. He was not impeached. He was certainly not “burned in effigy.” But we heard him on TV solicit the help of a foreign government with an implication of US policy concessions for his person political gain.

Yes, because "stop being aggressive and we can work something out after the election" is completely on par with "announce a phoney investigation about my political rival or you may not see that military aid you were promised".

Good grief, Ken. You're letting your personal hatred of Schiff really cloud your judgement on this whole thing.
bucfanclw

Postby NavyBuc » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:13 pm

So on CSPAN this past week, they've had replays of the 1998 impeachment hearings with Clinton and I've watched them from time to time when I had the chance. Talk about a night and day difference between that committee and this committee present day for the Trump impeachment.

Yeah, there was some heated moments here and there as you would expect, but for the most part, it was civil, there was some joking and laughter going on, the chairman, Henry Hyde, actually asked Democrats which witnesses they'd like to have testify. Can you imagine Jerry Nadler or Adam Schiff doing that with the republicans or there being any kind of laughter whatsoever between these two? Can you imagine Nadler asking the republicans, "So which witnesses would you like to have testify this week for our hearing?"

It makes this process look a lot more partisan than that process in '98. It shows you just how worse things have gotten in Congress and the vitriol of it all.
NavyBuc

Postby Ken Carson » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:46 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:Obama promised Russia “more flexibility after the election” on a hot mic in 2012. He asked them to back off their aggression with a promise of US policy flexibility to help his 2012 election chances. There was shortly thereafter Republican control of the House. He was not impeached. He was certainly not “burned in effigy.” But we heard him on TV solicit the help of a foreign government with an implication of US policy concessions for his person political gain.

"announce a phoney investigation about my political rival or you may not see that military aid you were promised.”

First, the bolded is not what was asked for. Hunter Biden worked for Burisma. There is a consensus the Burisma was a corrupt organization. There are State department emails from the Obama admin that this was a major conflict of interest, but people were told “we don’t have the bandwidth to address it.” So this idea that it was a phoney investigation is all in your head. Trump clearly believes that something corrupt happened. And so do plenty of people. You are choosing to believe a media narrative that this was thoroughly investigated and no wrongdoing was found. I haven’t seen evidence that it was investigated thoroughly. In fact, we have again seen evidence that people raising concerns were told “we don’t have the bandwidth to do anything right now.”

Second, Trump never said what you said to anyone that has testified. Never. The Ukrainians have said that aid was never conditioned on investigations. There is no record of any discussion of the aid in meetings between the countries. So this false line you are putting here is out of your imagination, not based in fact.

You are welcome to compare the two without being disingenuous and we can discuss that if you’d like.
Ken Carson

Postby StillCSG » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:39 pm

Phantom Phenom wrote:Even if they did remove him from office, Guess what?!

To burst your bubble,Trump can run again!

Ummm...no he couldn't

If you are impeached and convicted you are barred from ever holding office in any form of the federal again
StillCSG

Postby Noles1724 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:15 pm

Bubble bursted
Noles1724

Postby HamBone » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:54 pm

Then what are y’all waiting on? Resistance!!!!
HamBone

Postby Noles1724 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:24 pm

HamBone wrote:Then what are y’all waiting on? Resistance!!!!

The dems have done ruined it
Noles1724

Postby Alpha » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:53 am

Wait...are we talking about Snowflake Nunes?
Alpha

Postby Alpha » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:27 am

TheChefO wrote:
PetePierson wrote:
This is a joke, right?

"I think you have a pubic hair on your soda" Thomas.

Good example.
Alpha

Postby Alpha » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:29 am

Calm your tits.

Impeachment is a fait accompli.

Wait for it....
Alpha

Postby Brazen331 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:48 am

Alpha wrote:

Calm your tits.

Impeachment is a fait accompli.

Wait for it....

I can’t wait for it, Alpha. Give me some Impeachment. Get the gavel out of the hands of that dumbass schizoid bitch.
Brazen331

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:48 am

We'll see if republicans in the Senate can knock the softball out of the park.

They're so giddy to take a swing they can't stand it.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Zarniwoop » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:52 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:We'll see if republicans in the Senate can knock the softball out of the park.

They're so giddy to take a swing they can't stand it.

They shouldn't even attempt to. It's probably not allowed, but if it is, they should simply immediately call for a vote.
Zarniwoop

PreviousNext

Return to The Echo Chamber