Trump's Wall

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Trump's Wall

Postby RedLeader » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:41 am

We were all conned, you dopes! Unless you believe Trump and Hillary were really the best candidates there was to choose from.

Apparently Delt and Mcfan are still biting down hard on this one... Lol
RedLeader

Postby deltbucs » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:02 am

McFan wrote:
deltbucs wrote:Do you Trump supporters still really believe that Mexico is going to pay for the wall or do you now realize that you were conned?

The brighter ones will answer "B".

His whole damn campaign was a used car sales pitch. They ignored the bald tires, didn't notice there was no steering wheel, fluids leaking all over the place and the damn idiots bought the shit-ass car anyway...

That's what I've been saying the whole time. It's like when someone goes to a used car dealership, pays 25% over fair market value, and walks away thinking they got a great deal.
deltbucs

Postby deltbucs » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:07 am

RedLeader wrote:We were all conned, you dopes! Unless you believe Trump and Hillary were really the best candidates there was to choose from.

Apparently Delt and Mcfan are still biting down hard on this one... Lol

I know you get upset whenever someone talks bad about Trump, but the fact that Trump and Hildog were shitty candidates has nothing to do with people getting conned into believing that Mexico was going to pay for a wall. I've been saying the whole time that the DNC got exactly what they deserved and they helped get him elected by shoving Hildog down our throats. I don't think anyone outside of Trump fans thought that these were really the best 2 candidates. And I'd say that you are the one that was conned if you think you're only allowed to vote D or R.
deltbucs

Postby Brazen331 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:31 am

deltbucs wrote:
McFan wrote:
The brighter ones will answer "B".

His whole damn campaign was a used car sales pitch. They ignored the bald tires, didn't notice there was no steering wheel, fluids leaking all over the place and the damn idiots bought the shit-ass car anyway...

That's what I've been saying the whole time. It's like when someone goes to a used car dealership, pays 25% over fair market value, and walks away thinking they got a great deal.

It's like we were conned or something.
Brazen331

Postby deltbucs » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:34 am

Brazen331 wrote:
deltbucs wrote:That's what I've been saying the whole time. It's like when someone goes to a used car dealership, pays 25% over fair market value, and walks away thinking they got a great deal.

It's like we were conned or something.

You might be onto something.
deltbucs

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:39 am

Anyone that doesn't think like delt got conned. :roll: :roll:

The 2016 election had less to do with Trump himself than people are making out imo. It was a groundswell rejection of the status quo. The DNC was able to quell that within there own party by sabotaging Bernie. But couldn't do the same in the general.

Trump was the byproduct of that rejection.
DreadNaught

Postby NYBF » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:43 am

McFan wrote:
NYBF wrote:
"McFan" is a weird name for a Mexican.

Mantener esto en secreto entre me y usted por favor

Claro que si
NYBF

Postby deltbucs » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:47 am

DreadNaught wrote:Anyone that doesn't think like delt got conned. :roll: :roll:

The 2016 election had less to do with Trump himself than people are making out imo. It was a groundswell rejection of the status quo. The DNC was able to quell that within there own party by sabotaging Bernie. But couldn't do the same in the general.

But some people actually believe(d) that Trump is better/different than Obama or Bush or Clinton. Some people believe that Trump cares about the average American. It should be quite obvious by now that this isn't the case.
deltbucs

Postby beardmcdoug » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:50 am

deltbucs wrote:

But some people actually believe(d) that Trump is better/different than Obama or Bush or Clinton. Some people believe that Trump cares about the average American. It should be quite obvious by now that this isn't the case.

I still don't (now, this could change any day now), at the present moment, think Trump is on the same team as the neocon / true global elite - which is what sets him apart from Bush/Clinton
beardmcdoug

Postby deltbucs » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:05 am

beardmcdoug wrote:
deltbucs wrote:But some people actually believe(d) that Trump is better/different than Obama or Bush or Clinton. Some people believe that Trump cares about the average American. It should be quite obvious by now that this isn't the case.

I still don't (now, this could change any day now), at the present moment, think Trump is on the same team as the neocon / true global elite - which is what sets him apart from Bush/Clinton

Has he really done much...if anything since he's been president to show that he isn't at least catering to the true global elite?
deltbucs

Postby mightyleemoon » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:46 am

Hence the con job. Trump is the same or worse than all that they reject. He's already made the government/corporate corruption worse than we've ever seen.

Status quo...still status quoing on. Anyone who thought they were giving the finger to status quo got conned.
mightyleemoon

Postby Corsair » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:36 am

mightyleemoon wrote:Anyone who thought they were giving the finger to status quo got conned.
Corsair

Postby bucfanclw » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:55 pm

We should line the wall with statues of Pence. Here he is looking across the DMZ in South Korea to show the DPRK his resolve. I think that will get the message across.

bucfanclw

Postby Corsair » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:59 pm

"Biden put shoe polish on the eye holes, didn't he?"
Corsair

Postby Ken Carson » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:37 pm

bucfanclw wrote:We should line the wall with statues of Pence. Here he is looking across the DMZ in South Korea to show the DPRK his resolve. I think that will get the message across.

Did he get some C-cups for the occassion?
Ken Carson

Postby Wharf Rat » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:08 am

I have an honest question. Hillary Clinton once said that her dream is open borders, do you liberals share the same dream? If so, why do you think it is the ideal approach at this current time in history?
Wharf Rat

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:42 am

Wharf Rat wrote:I have an honest question. Hillary Clinton once said that her dream is open borders, do you liberals share the same dream? If so, why do you think it is the ideal approach at this current time in history?

Are you referring to Capital, Energy, or People?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Wharf Rat » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:11 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Wharf Rat wrote:I have an honest question. Hillary Clinton once said that her dream is open borders, do you liberals share the same dream? If so, why do you think it is the ideal approach at this current time in history?

Are you referring to Capital, Energy, or People?

People
Wharf Rat

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:17 am

Wharf Rat wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Are you referring to Capital, Energy, or People?

People

Speaking for myself, no. I do not want open borders for people. I do, however, would like to see an immigration policy that makes sense. Militarizing the border does not make sense. A great big wall does not make sense.

Nationwide E-Verify makes sense. Cracking down on people who hire illegals and create a slave class in this country makes sense.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby mightyleemoon » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:34 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Wharf Rat wrote:
People

Speaking for myself, no. I do not want open borders for people. I do, however, would like to see an immigration policy that makes sense. Militarizing the border does not make sense. A great big wall does not make sense.

Nationwide E-Verify makes sense. Cracking down on people who hire illegals and create a slave class in this country makes sense.

I feel like if these neo-faux-populists get their way we'll eventually not even be able to vacation. Everyone has to stay in their own country. No international travel allowed. I mean, ultimately, it's the only way to really secure your border. Let nobody in or out.
mightyleemoon

Postby Buc2 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:48 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Wharf Rat wrote:
People

I agree. A wall has to be the stupidest solution to illegal immigration I've ever heard of. I've said that from the beginning. The wall certainly wasn't one of the reasons I voted for Trump. I was actually hoping it was just campaign rhetoric. Of course, so far, none of the reasons I voted for him have come to fruition or seem to be in the works. If that remains the case, then it's back to the drawing board in 2020 for me. I am thankful for one thing though...that we're not stuck with Billary for 4-8 years. To be fair, Trump still has a chance to change my mind, but it's not looking good to this point and I won't hold my breath. I've now given the D.C. Outsider a shot and I will never vote for a Liberal/Fascist/Progressive ticket. So that leaves me with the Libertarian Party, my preferred Party, even though they don't stand a snowball's chance in Hell of winning a national election in my lifetime. I might consider Rand Paul if he were to ever win the Repub nomination (he won't).
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby deltbucs » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:19 am

Buc2 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Speaking for myself, no. I do not want open borders for people. I do, however, would like to see an immigration policy that makes sense. Militarizing the border does not make sense. A great big wall does not make sense.

I agree. A wall has to be the stupidest solution to illegal immigration I've ever heard of. I've said that from the beginning. The wall certainly wasn't one of the reasons I voted for Trump. I was actually hoping it was just campaign rhetoric. Of course, so far, none of the reasons I voted for him have come to fruition or seem to be in the works. If that remains the case, then it's back to the drawing board in 2020 for me. I am thankful for one thing though...that we're not stuck with Billary for 4-8 years. To be fair, Trump still has a chance to change my mind, but it's not looking good to this point and I won't hold my breath. I've now given the D.C. Outsider a shot and I will never vote for a Liberal/Fascist/Progressive ticket. So that leaves me with the Libertarian Party, my preferred Party, even though they don't stand a snowball's chance in Hell of winning a national election in my lifetime. I might consider Rand Paul if he were to ever win the Repub nomination (he won't).

I've voted Libertarian before and will happily do it again, but Rand Paul....no thanks. At least he'd have his daddy in his ear, but he clearly doesn't have morals like his Ron does.
deltbucs

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:22 am

Yeah, Rand is a knucklehead.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Buc2 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:35 am

Buc2 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Speaking for myself, no. I do not want open borders for people. I do, however, would like to see an immigration policy that makes sense. Militarizing the border does not make sense. A great big wall does not make sense.

Looks like I may have been a little rash in my thoughts that Trump has done nothing I like so far. I think the reason for that is probably because of being inundated with negativity from the liberal MSM, left-wing pols as well as some right-wing pols...all of whom seem to have something to lose by not having their "establishment" guy in the WH.

Some things he's done that I was reminded of...

1. Appointment of a SCOTUS that knows his role is to interpret laws not make laws {I agree with this choice.}
2. Border Security {When I read how people closest to the problem actually like the idea of a wall, I have a harder time saying no.}
3. Repeal regulations {Like, but don't go too far.}
4. Defeat ISIS {I'd rather get out of the region altogether but I knew that wasn't going to happen. Since we're staying, I will say I like Trump's approach more than Obama's...at least so far.}
5. Tax reform {Like}
6. Repeal Obamacare {Like. I can't say it's Trump's fault Congress sucked an egg on this. Besides, it took Obama 14 months to get Obamacare implemented, so I shouldn't have expected Trump to get it repealed/replaced in less than a 100 days.}
7. Reel in the EPA {Reel in, yes. Eliminate, no.}

As I said, Trump is less than 100 days in, so it's way too soon to judge his performance. I gave Obama a lot more time than that. He didn't totally lose me until Obamacare was rammed down our throats. I've just got to stop listening to all the 24/7 media negativity.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:44 am

1. You ASSUME he is going to interpret and not make law. Trump never should have filled that vacancy, but that's water under the bridge.
2. What has he specifically done with the border thus far?
3. You LIKE coal dust and chemicals in your water?
4. I didn't know that ISIS had been defeated. I must have been focused on Russia.
5. I missed his tax reform? When did he sign that?
6. Obamacare is still the law of the land. can't really call that an accomplishment yet.
7. the regulatory Authority of the EPA has no effect on the market price of natural resources. All it does is increase profit margins for the companies that extract them and pollute the environment.

Not exactly winning.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby mightyleemoon » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:50 am

There's way too much to make fun of in that post...but...tax reform? He's pushing his corporate tax cut right now. The one that's cut lower than the middle class. He thinks corporations should pay less in tax than a struggling middle class. Not exactly sure what's to like about that.
mightyleemoon

Postby deltbucs » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:06 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Buc2 wrote:I agree. A wall has to be the stupidest solution to illegal immigration I've ever heard of. I've said that from the beginning. The wall certainly wasn't one of the reasons I voted for Trump. I was actually hoping it was just campaign rhetoric. Of course, so far, none of the reasons I voted for him have come to fruition or seem to be in the works. If that remains the case, then it's back to the drawing board in 2020 for me. I am thankful for one thing though...that we're not stuck with Billary for 4-8 years. To be fair, Trump still has a chance to change my mind, but it's not looking good to this point and I won't hold my breath. I've now given the D.C. Outsider a shot and I will never vote for a Liberal/Fascist/Progressive ticket. So that leaves me with the Libertarian Party, my preferred Party, even though they don't stand a snowball's chance in Hell of winning a national election in my lifetime. I might consider Rand Paul if he were to ever win the Repub nomination (he won't).

Looks like I may have been a little rash in my thoughts that Trump has done nothing I like so far. I think the reason for that is probably because of being inundated with negativity from the liberal MSM, left-wing pols as well as some right-wing pols...all of whom seem to have something to lose by not having their "establishment" guy in the WH.

Some things he's done that I was reminded of...

1. Appointment of a SCOTUS that knows his role is to interpret laws not make laws {I agree with this choice.}
2. Border Security {When I read how people closest to the problem actually like the idea of a wall, I have a harder time saying no.}
3. Repeal regulations {Like, but don't go too far.}
4. Defeat ISIS {I'd rather get out of the region altogether but I knew that wasn't going to happen. Since we're staying, I will say I like Trump's approach more than Obama's...at least so far.}
5. Tax reform {Like}
6. Repeal Obamacare {Like. I can't say it's Trump's fault Congress sucked an egg on this. Besides, it took Obama 14 months to get Obamacare implemented, so I shouldn't have expected Trump to get it repealed/replaced in less than a 100 days.}
7. Reel in the EPA {Reel in, yes. Eliminate, no.}

As I said, Trump is less than 100 days in, so it's way too soon to judge his performance. I gave Obama a lot more time than that. He didn't totally lose me until Obamacare was rammed down our throats. I've just got to stop listening to all the 24/7 media negativity.

He repealed regulations that help protect or land and water and you think that's a good thing? Ohh...and he repealed the little regulation on Wall Street to prevent another crash like 2008. That's a good thing for you?
He defeated ISIS?
His proposed tax plan is plus or minus 3% for everyone unless you make over 400k where it's a 7% break. You think that's good?
He hasn't repealed Obamacare. In fact his only proposal to fix it so far didn't change much except give the rich a huge tax break. That's good?
Reel in the EPA = Remove regulations that protect our land an water....That's good?
deltbucs

Postby NYBF » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:56 pm

mightyleemoon wrote:There's way too much to make fun of in that post...but...tax reform? He's pushing his corporate tax cut right now. The one that's cut lower than the middle class. He thinks corporations should pay less in tax than a struggling middle class. Not exactly sure what's to like about that.

You never heard of Buc2 Corp?
NYBF

Postby mightyleemoon » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:12 pm

NYBF wrote:
mightyleemoon wrote:There's way too much to make fun of in that post...but...tax reform? He's pushing his corporate tax cut right now. The one that's cut lower than the middle class. He thinks corporations should pay less in tax than a struggling middle class. Not exactly sure what's to like about that.

Is that a subsidiary of Taco Corp?
mightyleemoon

Postby bucfanclw » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:41 pm

mightyleemoon wrote:
NYBF wrote:

Is that a subsidiary of Taco Corp?

Do you really think Buc2 is that experienced with tacos?
bucfanclw

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion