Inauguration of Donald Trump| U.S Capitol | Jan 20, 2017

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Inauguration of Donald Trump| U.S Capitol | Jan 20, 2017

Postby mightyleemoon » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:32 am

MJW wrote:
mightyleemoon wrote:This is the result of a guy taking office who actively provokes a good percentage of his own citizens. People protested Obama...they protested Bush...because they disagreed with their politics. People didn't riot because those presidents didn't provoke the population.

Also, I'm in no way condoning riots. I'm saying you're being obtuse if you don't understand why people are rioting. If a guy walks into a bar and starts calling everyone worthless cunts... You might not approve of someone kicking the **** out of the guy. But, I bet you'd understand why someone might.

You're not wrong, but this is basically an inert point to make.

"I'm not saying you'd shoot up a school where you were bullied and tormented, but I bet you'd understand why someone might." Well, yeah, but still.

Every time some moron throws a garbage can through a Starbucks window, the tyrants on the hill get a little closer to "redefining" our 1A rights.

It's not that inert. I guess you can conflate and say I'm blaming the rapee for the actions of the raper. Some people have to actively avoid looking at some issues from all angles.

People in this thread are wanting to blame liberal culture. Yet...Nobody rioted when Bush took office. Why is that? Because this is an unprecedented situation. Never before have we had a leader who actively provokes his own people. If Trump had even a little semblance of dignity or professionalism, these riots would not be taking place. He is not to blame for what's happening. But, he is not innocent in these incidents, either.
mightyleemoon

Postby RedLeader » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:31 am

Ohhhhh, is that it Moon?? And here I thought people just didn't like his hair. Way to over simplify it man.

Meanwhile, you know who's really been provoking the Left?

The Left.

:o
RedLeader

Postby mightyleemoon » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:08 pm

RedLeader wrote:Ohhhhh, is that it Moon?? And here I thought people just didn't like his hair. Way to over simplify it man.

The Left.

It's funny to watch people like you try to act like you're better than the other team.

If they had come to take away your rights, you'd be doing the same ****. It doesn't take much of a Google search to hear what your team says they would do if the left actually was interested in taking away the right to bear arms. (Thankfully, they aren't) Or if a Liberal president ran on the platform of deporting all Lutherans. You think trash cans being thrown the windows is a riot? It would look like a Disney parade in comparison. (Maybe it's just talk, though, right? I'm sure the right would peacefully take it while writing strongly worded letters.)

This is what happens when you strip away people's rights and flaunt and provoke. If they did it to you, you'd be doing the exact same ****. And it would be a pretty understandable reaction.
mightyleemoon

Postby Go_Bucs! » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:42 pm

mightyleemoon wrote:
RedLeader wrote:Ohhhhh, is that it Moon?? And here I thought people just didn't like his hair. Way to over simplify it man.

The Left.

It's funny to watch people like you try to act like you're better than the other team.

If they had come to take away your rights, you'd be doing the same ****. It doesn't take much of a Google search to hear what your team says they would do if the left actually was interested in taking away the right to bear arms. (Thankfully, they aren't) Or if a Liberal president ran on the platform of deporting all Lutherans. You think trash cans being thrown the windows is a riot? It would look like a Disney parade in comparison. (Maybe it's just talk, though, right? I'm sure the right would peacefully take it while writing strongly worded letters.)

This is what happens when you strip away people's rights and flaunt and provoke. If they did it to you, you'd be doing the exact same ****. And it would be a pretty understandable reaction.

" Or if a Liberal president ran on the platform of deporting all Lutherans" > What entire religious group has Trump targeted?
"You think trash cans being thrown the windows is a riot?"> In your point of view this falls under peaceful protest?
" I'm sure the right would peacefully take it while writing strongly worded letters" >Last two elections I do not remember riots and cars being set on fire the same day Obummer was sworn in.
Go_Bucs!

Postby NYBF » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:34 pm

Go_Bucs! wrote:" Or if a Liberal president ran on the platform of deporting all Lutherans" > What entire religious group has Trump targeted?

:shock:
NYBF

Postby Go_Bucs! » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:02 pm

NYBF wrote:
Go_Bucs! wrote:" Or if a Liberal president ran on the platform of deporting all Lutherans" > What entire religious group has Trump targeted?

:shock:

:buttmoon:
Go_Bucs!

Postby sanka » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:38 pm

sanka

Postby sanka » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:49 pm

MJW wrote:
sanka wrote:So much for bigly

Inauguration totals:

Trump (2017): 250,000
Obama (2013): 1 million
Obama (2009): 1.8 million

From Financial Times twitter account.

The count that mattered was in November.

Also, I know several people who wanted to go to the Trump inauguration but had jobs to go to. Probably less of a problem for many in that crowd of special snowflakes. See, that's what you call an "intervening factor." It's not that Obama was abjectly more popular than Trump (though he was), so there as better attendance. It's much easier to attend a party when nobody is depending on you.

The idiot won. If you're still going on about this nonsense, you're going to fall behind the times. This stuff doesn't matter anymore. The attendance at Hillary's inauguration was zero. As the puppeteer of the progressives once said, move on.

It did ...but apparently some other bullshit is what counts.
sanka

Postby Babeinbucland » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:24 pm

Go_Bucs! wrote:
I concur, also the Trump picture being shown is 2 hours before his speech, I mean just google his actual inauguration address and all the white mats are full, not as full as Obummers, but they are clearly using a photo 2 hours before the actual address, what else did you expect from left?

lol of course you swallowed
hat click bait. The ORIGINAL photos are time stamped and they are during the ANti-christs speech and it is empty. But again that you believe that bs about the pic being earlier really speaks volumes about you an I guess what I should expect from the right. :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:
Babeinbucland

Postby Rocker » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:31 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:
Go_Bucs! wrote:
I concur, also the Trump picture being shown is 2 hours before his speech, I mean just google his actual inauguration address and all the white mats are full, not as full as Obummers, but they are clearly using a photo 2 hours before the actual address, what else did you expect from left?

hat click bait. The ORIGINAL photos are time stamped and they are during the ANti-christs speech and it is empty. But again that you believe that bs about the pic being earlier really speaks volumes about you an I guess what I should expect from the right. :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:

Did you watch, live? I did. The pictures you're joking on were roughly 90 minutes before the ceremony. Granted, Obama's induction did have a higher turnout, but there were plenty of people/supporters on site for the inauguration.
Rocker

Postby Babeinbucland » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:46 pm

Rocker wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:

Did you watch, live? I did. The pictures you're joking on were roughly 90 minutes before the ceremony. Granted, Obama's induction did have a higher turnout, but there were plenty of people/supporters on site for the inauguration.

Did you see the time stamped photos? What was live was a close up view not a wide panorama
Babeinbucland

Postby Corsair » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:49 pm

MJW wrote:This stuff doesn't matter anymore.

Apparently it matters to Donald, and by proxy Spicer.

The first presidential press conference was a **** measuring contest over crowd sizes and a chastising of the press where they eventually took no questions.
Corsair

Postby MJW » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:50 pm

Yes, Obama was more popular than Trump when he took office.

No, it doesn't mean anything, in any way, on any level. Especially with the GOP needing very little outreach to do what it wants.

This is going to be a dark time for liberals and libertarians alike, and in a couple years we can start talking about 2020. In the meantime, gird your lions and try to enjoy it.

Can we move on?
MJW

Postby MJW » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:51 pm

Corsair wrote:
MJW wrote:This stuff doesn't matter anymore.

The first presidential press conference was a **** measuring contest over crowd sizes and a chastising of the press where they eventually took no questions.

And that affect your life and my life...how?

Is this going to be like the last eight years where conservatives counted how often Obama said "I" or "Me" or "Myself?"
MJW

Postby Babeinbucland » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:11 am

MJW wrote:
Corsair wrote:

Is this going to be like the last eight years where conservatives counted how often Obama said "I" or "Me" or "Myself?"

It affects us all because the Sociopath in cheif is not focused on the critical issues but instead is focused on his insecurities that he of which he doesn't even have an awareness
Babeinbucland

Postby MJW » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:31 am

Babeinbucland wrote:
MJW wrote:

It affects us all because the Sociopath in cheif is not focused on the critical issues but instead is focused on his insecurities that he of which he doesn't even have an awareness

And your life was affected by his inauguration speech...how? Be specific please.

I have news for you - Trump is a narcissist who is replacing a narcissist. In fact, I daresay that more Presidents are egomaniacs than not. You sort of HAVE to be if you're the kind of ***hole who wants to rule the world. That Obama was more graceful in telling us all about his greatness is immaterial.

Let me know when your life is affected directly in some way by the Trump regime and we'll discuss.
MJW

Postby sanka » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:43 am

Sad times for our country.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
sanka

Postby sanka » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:05 am

I just love when see all the marches across the country....maybe you motherfvckers have turnout in large masses in November ...we won't have this mess.
sanka

Postby Corsair » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:23 am

JSYK

Los Angeles on 1/20/17: 750k+ protestors.

0 arrests
Corsair

Postby Pirate Life » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:32 am

Go_Bucs! wrote:
MJW wrote:

Also, I know several people who wanted to go to the Trump inauguration but had jobs to go to. Probably less of a problem for many in that crowd of special snowflakes. See, that's what you call an "intervening factor." It's not that Obama was abjectly more popular than Trump (though he was), so there as better attendance. It's much easier to attend a party when nobody is depending on you.

The idiot won. If you're still going on about this nonsense, you're going to fall behind the times. This stuff doesn't matter anymore. The attendance at Hillary's inauguration was zero. As the puppeteer of the progressives once said, move on.

Both photos are actually from shortly before the speeches at 11 am. There's a camera that runs 24/7 on the Washington Monument and another that covers the mall from the Smithsonian, you can search the archives on the webpage to see what they crowds looked like, they're time stamped. Can find them at http://www.earthcam.com/network/index.p ... us&page=DC along with cameras in other spots around DC.

Living in this area, it wasn't a busy inauguration. The media is getting this one right, but the main reason it is an issue is because Trump and his Press Secretary Spicer are making it a big deal. Can't believe Trump tried to claim the rain stopped and the sun came out for his speech.
Pirate Life

Postby RedLeader » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:14 am

Corsair wrote:JSYK

Los Angeles on 1/20/17: 750k+ protestors.

0 arrests

You can probably thank legalized marijuana and Prozac for that... ;)

Seriously though, were the marches yesterday really a 'protest'? I thought it was more about raising awareness on woman's rights, and equality in general?

Either way, it was good to see. I knew some good ladies out there...
RedLeader

Postby mightyleemoon » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:05 pm

Go_Bucs! wrote:Last two elections I do not remember riots and cars being set on fire the same day Obummer was sworn in.

Why stop there? I don't recall a single election in my lifetime getting this kind of reaction.

That's because this isn't partisan. It's exclusive to someone like Trump.

But, I understand why that's a tough pill for you to swallow.
mightyleemoon

Postby deltbucs » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:46 pm

MJW wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:Completely new phenomenon. NOBODY ever tweeted things like that about Obama.

But you're the moral superiors to those mouthbreathing guns and god hatemongers. Are you saying both sides are full of idiots? Regressive, brah. YOU GO HIGH! Remember? You are the beacon of sociological evolution that the right should be aspiring to achieve if only they'd stop watching Nascar and beating their wives.

But you're the one that jumped in this thread whining about only 1 side and talking about the idiots from one side. I guess I missed the part where you complained about the tweet about Obama. Can you link me to those posts?
deltbucs

Postby deltbucs » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:52 pm

MJW wrote:
sanka wrote:So much for bigly

Inauguration totals:

Trump (2017): 250,000
Obama (2013): 1 million
Obama (2009): 1.8 million

From Financial Times twitter account.

Maybe your friends that wanted to go so bad should get better jobs that enable them to go? But that's what dumb, poorly educated rednecks get...shitty, low paying jobs with bad benefits.
Last edited by deltbucs on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
deltbucs

Postby deltbucs » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:24 pm

MJW wrote:
Corsair wrote:

Do you really not see the cause for concern here? For his first press conference Trump sent the White House press secretary to tell a bunch of lies about how many people were out there and how many were watching on TV. Trump goes and talks in front of the CIA Wall Memorial and he spends literally most of the time whining about how there were more people there than was reported and making up lies about how many people were there.
This **** is the most important thing to our new POTUS. You don't think he has more important **** to be worried about and be talking about?
deltbucs

Postby Babeinbucland » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:29 pm

MJW wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:It affects us all because the Sociopath in cheif is not focused on the critical issues but instead is focused on his insecurities that he of which he doesn't even have an awareness

And your life was affected by his inauguration speech...how? Be specific please.

I have news for you - Trump is a narcissist who is replacing a narcissist. In fact, I daresay that more Presidents are egomaniacs than not. You sort of HAVE to be if you're the kind of ***hole who wants to rule the world. That Obama was more graceful in telling us all about his greatness is immaterial.

Let me know when your life is affected directly in some way by the Trump regime and we'll discuss.

Oh Please, it has been a day and all he has done is try to dismantal my healthcare. Sadly, It won't be long before he and this alt right congress, complete that task. Then there is the Supreme Court that will be shifted to the alt right along with voting rights and women's rights.The real estate market will tank, inflation will go up and the unemployment rate will rise. THAT is how this idiot will affect our lives. It is completely inevitable and those that do not have the foresight to know this, are the ones who voted this idiot (and probably Bush) into office. I said exactly this on the old board before Bush was elected the first time. I didn't want to be right then and I don't want to be right this time, but alas, I will be. The best we can hope for is he doesn't get us in some insane war, but that is likely as well. And all of this will affect me deeply in a myriad of ways, not the least of which will be financial. The only minimal amusement from the havoc this clown is getting ready to unleash will be watching the rest of you become professional contortionist as you attempt to twist his mangling of our country into something that Obama went back in time and created.
Babeinbucland

Postby NYBF » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:40 pm

MJW wrote:Yes, Obama was more popular than Trump when he took office.

No, it doesn't mean anything, in any way, on any level. Especially with the GOP needing very little outreach to do what it wants.

This is going to be a dark time for liberals and libertarians alike, and in a couple years we can start talking about 2020. In the meantime, gird your lions and try to enjoy it.

Can we move on?

If it meant nothing in any way in any level, why was there a press conference about it?
NYBF

Postby Babeinbucland » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:33 am

Rocker wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:

Just so the official record is truthful, clear and void of "alternative facts"

...While Trump continues to claim that the embarrassing photo of the paltry attendance of his inauguration was taken earlier, the Reuters News crew that took the photo says it is from 12:01 PM… the very moment he was being sworn in:

The editor, Jim Bourg, just said in Facebook post:

I am seeing a lot of inaccurate talk and allegations online about the crowd photos from Friday’s Trump inauguration that are simply not borne out by the FACTS. Now I see my own friends reposting this disinformation on Facebook.

Only one news organization had a still photographer atop the Washington monument for the inauguration and I assigned him to be there. This photo by Reuters News Pictures staff photographer Lucas Jackson was taken at 12:01:18 p.m. on Friday and not much earlier as many people are trying to claim.

Once again, Trump has been caught in a massive whopper. Is there ANYTHING that he won’t lie about in order to save face and hide his dwindling popularity? Unfortunately, we have four years to find out.
Babeinbucland

Previous

Return to Politics and Religion