I need the opinion of Republicans

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: I need the opinion of Republicans

Postby deltbucs » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:10 am

Swashy wrote:I'll get straight to it. I need one of you or many of you to rationally explain to me why I should ever trust the Republican party.

I'm 28 years old and in my lifetime I've had a rich capitalist millionaire on the ballot in 6 of 8 elections with the exception of Dole and McCain since 1988. I myself was born a few weeks after Bush defeated Dukakis. There's the 9/11 debacle, two wars in the Middle East by two Bushes, a rigged election in 2000 (if it's not rigged don't destroy the ballots) a president-elect who is instilling Linda ****ing McMahon (aka wife of Vince McMahon of WWE who is Trump's best friend) as head of Small Business Administration and Rex Tillerson (the CEO of Exxon Mobil who is buddy-buddy with Putin) as Secretary of State in the midst of the allegations that Russia may or may not have had a hand in winning the election for said president election.

Why should I overlook this and ever vote Republican?

Now listen, I'm down for guns, God, strong military, limited government and an intense sense of patriotism that just makes you want to scream MERICA!!!!!!! as much as the next American but this is beyond all my comprehension.

Call me misguided. Call me stupid. Tell me to **** off and bury myself I don't care. At this point I see no point to ever support the party that most closely matches my ideals.

Can ANY of you maybe convince me otherwise?

I hate to tell you, but the democratic party is the same. The same things happened under Obama. The first thing that comes to mind is the corruption with the FDA. Earlier this year Obama appointed Robert Califf as the head of FDA. He's a former big pharma lobbyist and has been called the ultimate big pharma insider. The head before that was Margaret Hamburg who is now being charged under a federal lawsuit for conspiracy, racketeering & colluding to conceal deadly drug dangers.
http://ahrp.org/former-fda-commissioner ... g-lawsuit/

Most everyone on both sides of the isle are corrupt ***holes that literally care about money more than American lives.
deltbucs

Postby Swashy » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:32 pm

deltbucs wrote:
Swashy wrote:I'll get straight to it. I need one of you or many of you to rationally explain to me why I should ever trust the Republican party.

I'm 28 years old and in my lifetime I've had a rich capitalist millionaire on the ballot in 6 of 8 elections with the exception of Dole and McCain since 1988. I myself was born a few weeks after Bush defeated Dukakis. There's the 9/11 debacle, two wars in the Middle East by two Bushes, a rigged election in 2000 (if it's not rigged don't destroy the ballots) a president-elect who is instilling Linda ****ing McMahon (aka wife of Vince McMahon of WWE who is Trump's best friend) as head of Small Business Administration and Rex Tillerson (the CEO of Exxon Mobil who is buddy-buddy with Putin) as Secretary of State in the midst of the allegations that Russia may or may not have had a hand in winning the election for said president election.

Now listen, I'm down for guns, God, strong military, limited government and an intense sense of patriotism that just makes you want to scream MERICA!!!!!!! as much as the next American but this is beyond all my comprehension.

Call me misguided. Call me stupid. Tell me to **** off and bury myself I don't care. At this point I see no point to ever support the party that most closely matches my ideals.

I hate to tell you, but the democratic party is the same. The same things happened under Obama. The first thing that comes to mind is the corruption with the FDA. Earlier this year Obama appointed Robert Califf as the head of FDA. He's a former big pharma lobbyist and has been called the ultimate big pharma insider. The head before that was Margaret Hamburg who is now being charged under a federal lawsuit for conspiracy, racketeering & colluding to conceal deadly drug dangers.

Most everyone on both sides of the isle are corrupt ***holes that literally care about money more than American lives.

Oh I already knew that ****. He's even got an old money billionaire (and probably a lobbyist and illuminati member if they were to exist) in Penny Pritzker in charge of the department of commerce. And I know Obama was doing nothing more than scratching one of the good ol boy's backs when he made John Kerry Secretary of State. You can expect things like this and none of it came as any surprise to me. But I can accept John Kerry as my secretary of state because he is qualified to do it.

But the difference between this and what Trump is doing is that he is putting in an unqualified oil tycoon that probably knows jack **** about foreign policy like Trump does. Because why? Because he's friends with Putin? At this rate Trump is going to get capped by his own party because he's not even trying to hide his intentions anymore.

Seriously, Delt... how is this administration going to handle anything? They're probably going to get John McCain on ****ing speed dial saying, "Uhh Iran is mad at us. What do we do?"

We done got hoodwinked into electing a party of the billionaires for the billionaires by the billionaires.

But hey at least they're white people
Swashy

Postby deltbucs » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:07 pm

Swashy wrote:
deltbucs wrote:I hate to tell you, but the democratic party is the same. The same things happened under Obama. The first thing that comes to mind is the corruption with the FDA. Earlier this year Obama appointed Robert Califf as the head of FDA. He's a former big pharma lobbyist and has been called the ultimate big pharma insider. The head before that was Margaret Hamburg who is now being charged under a federal lawsuit for conspiracy, racketeering & colluding to conceal deadly drug dangers.

Oh I already knew that ****. He's even got an old money billionaire (and probably a lobbyist and illuminati member if they were to exist) in Penny Pritzker in charge of the department of commerce. And I know Obama was doing nothing more than scratching one of the good ol boy's backs when he made John Kerry Secretary of State. You can expect things like this and none of it came as any surprise to me. But I can accept John Kerry as my secretary of state because he is qualified to do it.

But the difference between this and what Trump is doing is that he is putting in an unqualified oil tycoon that probably knows jack **** about foreign policy like Trump does. Because why? Because he's friends with Putin? At this rate Trump is going to get capped by his own party because he's not even trying to hide his intentions anymore.

Seriously, Delt... how is this administration going to handle anything? They're probably going to get John McCain on ****ing speed dial saying, "Uhh Iran is mad at us. What do we do?"

We done got hoodwinked into electing a party of the billionaires for the billionaires by the billionaires.

But hey at least they're white people

I agree with most of what you said, but notice how the disdain for Trump that the Republican establishment had has vanished? That's because he's become part of it. Of course an oil Tycoon is in charge of foreign policy. Trump himself is running for office to take the middle man out, so he doesn't have to pay off politicians to increase his profits, lower his taxes, etc. That is clear to most of us. We also know that the Kochs, Exxon, etc own Washington. So why would he not appoint an oil tycoon to Secretary of State? Why put the middle man there when we can just put the CEO's in charge to get what they want? Think maybe it has something to do with the $500 BILLION deal that Exxon has been trying to get done with Russia? The corruption couldn't be more blatant.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/12/world ... tions.html
deltbucs

Postby Moozician » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:13 pm

mightyleemoon wrote:Don't vote for a party. Vote for the things you care about.

Want gays treated equally? Vote Democrat.
Want easy access to guns? Vote Republican.

Want gays to be treated equally and have easy access to guns? Go **** yourself. That isn't an option.

Hell, vote Libertarian, if you want those.
Moozician

Postby Wharf Rat » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:40 pm

deltbucs wrote:

I agree with all of this. Seems that we actually have more common ground than I originally realized.
Wharf Rat

Postby NavyBuc » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:56 am

Most people who voted for Trump didn't even like Trump. Trump won the election very simply because of the amount of hate and disgust for Hillary Clinton. This election, sadly, had less to do about policies and more to do with who hated who more. People hated her just a little more than Trump. It goes back to the DNC screwing the whole thing up by trying to fix it so Bernie Sanders couldn't beat her. If Bernie Sanders went off against Trump, Bernie Sanders would be President-Elect right now. But good ole Wasserman-Schultz and her cronies couldn't fathom the fact that their golden girl wouldn't be the candidate for the Democratic Party.

If I were the DNC and wanted to really carry on the policies of Obama and win the election easily, I would have actually pushed harder for Biden to run. I feel like they didn't want him to run because he'd block Hillary. Biden even admitted he felt no pressure whatsoever from his party to enter. Biden would have wiped the floor with Trump.
NavyBuc

Postby Go_Bucs! » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:23 am

Want gays to be treated equally and have easy access to guns? Go **** yourself. That isn't an option.

Funny thing, Just yesterday I saw a Toyota Prius sporting a NRA and a Rainbow sticker on the back glass, wonder which party or candidate they support?

also, they had a BLM and a Don't tread on me sticker on the opposite side of the window.
Go_Bucs!

Postby Buc2 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:32 am

Go_Bucs! wrote:

Funny thing, Just yesterday I saw a Toyota Prius sporting a NRA and a Rainbow sticker on the back glass, wonder which party or candidate they support?

also, they had a BLM and a Don't tread on me sticker on the opposite side of the window.

The Prius is the Trump card. They're liberal.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby mightyleemoon » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:16 am

Buc2 wrote:
Go_Bucs! wrote:

The Prius is the Trump card. They're liberal.

My grandfather is probably the most conservative man on this planet. According to him he drives a Prius because he is conservative. Fiscally conservative. Call him out on it and he just says "50 miles to the gallon. ChaChing."
mightyleemoon

Postby Buc2 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:19 am

mightyleemoon wrote:
Buc2 wrote:The Prius is the Trump card. They're liberal.

My grandfather is probably the most conservative man on this planet. According to him he drives a Prius because he is conservative. Fiscally conservative. Call him out on it and he just says "50 miles to the gallon. ChaChing."

There are always exceptions I guess and, quite honestly, I don't give that much of a **** because I was angling for a bit of humor. Yes, yes. I know. You didn't find it funny.

And we move on...
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby mightyleemoon » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:46 am

Buc2 wrote:
mightyleemoon wrote:

There are always exceptions I guess and, quite honestly, I don't give that much of a **** because I was angling for a bit of humor. Yes, yes. I know. You didn't find it funny.

And we move on...

I didn't find it funny or not funny. It just made me think of my grandfather so I posted my nothing to nobody on this nowhere website. You should stop worrying about what people think of you.
mightyleemoon

Postby Buc2 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:38 pm

mightyleemoon wrote:
Buc2 wrote:There are always exceptions I guess and, quite honestly, I don't give that much of a **** because I was angling for a bit of humor. Yes, yes. I know. You didn't find it funny.

And we move on...

I didn't find it funny or not funny. It just made me think of my grandfather so I posted my nothing to nobody on this nowhere website. You should stop worrying about what people think of you.

You should stop worrying about what I am or am not worrying about.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby mightyleemoon » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:31 pm

Buc2 wrote:
mightyleemoon wrote:

You should stop worrying about what I am or am not worrying about.

I can't help it. I worry about you.
mightyleemoon

Postby Buc2 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:13 pm

mightyleemoon wrote:
Buc2 wrote:You should stop worrying about what I am or am not worrying about.

I can't help it. I worry about you.

That's very sweet of you.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Moozician » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:09 pm

Libertarian.... Check it.
Moozician

Postby mightyleemoon » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:50 pm

Moozician wrote:

Want gays to be treated equally and have easy access to guns? Go **** yourself. That isn't a viable option.

Libertarian.... Check it.

True enough. Fixed.
mightyleemoon

Previous

Return to Politics and Religion