CIA and FBI: Russia Interfered in US Election

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: CIA and FBI: Russia Interfered in US Election

Postby Brazen331 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:58 pm

bucfanclw wrote:Trump could stab someone to death with a letter opener right in front of him and Brazen would blame Obama for leaving the letter opener in the resolute desk.

Are you going to blame Obama for not taking Russia seriously? Remember his debate with Romney: ‘the Cold War ended 20 years ago,’ ‘ the 80’s called, they want their foreign policy back,’ How can you defend this behavior, Clewy? We are talking RUSSIA here. RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA.
Brazen331

Postby MJW » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:41 am

Brazen331 wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:Trump could stab someone to death with a letter opener right in front of him and Brazen would blame Obama for leaving the letter opener in the resolute desk.

Are you going to blame Obama for not taking Russia seriously? Remember his debate with Romney: ‘the Cold War ended 20 years ago,’ ‘ the 80’s called, they want their foreign policy back,’ How can you defend this behavior, Clewy? We are talking RUSSIA here. RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA.

It HAS been kind of funny seeing the left become more hawkish about the Ruskies than the screenwriter of Red Dawn. Some would say, it rings a bit insincere.
MJW

Postby MJW » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:57 am

MJW

Postby Brazen331 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:21 am

Anybody watching this hockey game? Russia is going to kick our ass most likely, those cheating bastards with their NHL caliber players.
Brazen331

Postby bucfanclw » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:25 am

Russia has been helping North Korea bypass sanctions by selling coal for them. Stupid libs keep acting like NK is a threat... have you seen how tiny their nuclear button is?
bucfanclw

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:46 am

Brazen331 wrote:Anybody watching this hockey game? Russia is going to kick our ass most likely, those cheating bastards with their NHL caliber players.

It happens, they still get shovels for birthday presents - and that makes them happy. Our country has grown weak with do less/make more...
mdb1958

Postby uscbucsfan » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:04 am

bucfanclw wrote:Russia has been helping North Korea bypass sanctions by selling coal for them. Stupid libs keep acting like NK is a threat... have you seen how tiny their nuclear button is?

China helps by selling oil to NK.
uscbucsfan

Postby bucfanclw » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:10 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:Russia has been helping North Korea bypass sanctions by selling coal for them. Stupid libs keep acting like NK is a threat... have you seen how tiny their nuclear button is?

China helps by selling oil to NK.

So are the Russians.

https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1EN1OJ
bucfanclw

Postby Brazen331 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:41 am

What an obvious deflection, Clewy. MJW exposed your liberal hypocrisy in a couple of brilliant posts and you want to divert attention by bringing up nothing really. What does NK have to do with this? Is there someone who is pro-NK here for you to argue with? What does Russia selling coal for NK have to do with stealing our election and you suddenly deciding to become a cold warrior in 2016?
Brazen331

Postby Buc2 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:08 am

Don't be too hard on Clewsair. It's tough to carry the torch Corsair dropped.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby bucfanclw » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:10 am

So the Russian misinformation campaign started back in 2014 according to Mueller... let's see what Trump was tweeting back then.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
I wonder if I run for PRESIDENT, will the haters and losers vote for me knowing that I will MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN? I say they will!

5:52 PM - Sep 26, 2014

NO COLLUSION!
bucfanclw

Postby Buc2 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:44 am

There it is! Impeach him now!
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby RedLeader » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:46 am

RedLeader

Postby Buc2 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:36 am

bucfanclw wrote:So the Russian misinformation campaign started back in 2014 according to Mueller... let's see what Trump was tweeting back then.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
I wonder if I run for PRESIDENT, will the haters and losers vote for me knowing that I will MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN? I say they will!

5:52 PM - Sep 26, 2014

NO COLLUSION!

Oh! Now I see what you were alluding to.

Trump tweet yesterday:
"Russia started their anti-US campaign in 2014, long before I announced that I would run for President. The results of the election were not impacted. The Trump campaign did nothing wrong - no collusion!"
3:18 PM - Feb 16, 2018

Businessman Donald Trump announced June 16 (2015) at his Trump Tower in New York City that he is seeking the Republican presidential nomination. This ends more than two decades of flirting with the idea of running for the White House.

https://www.cnn.com/2015/06/16/politics ... index.html

Wondering if I should run and announcing I am running aren't really the same things. I get it, though. That Corsair torch is damned heavy. Nice try though.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Brazen331 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:49 am

Looks like Russia spent more money on FB ads after the election than before and they spent much more money in DC and Maryland than they did in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan combined. I guess they have no conception of red, blue and purple states. So how exactly did they steal the election? Awaiting then spin from Clewy, MB, CSG and Sanka.

Also, I’m hearing reports that Michael Moore participated in an anti-Trump rally that was organized by RUSSIANS. Perhaps Clewy can investigate and verify, no matter how upsetting it may be? After all, we are talking about RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA
Brazen331

Postby HamBone » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:40 am

The right to vote obviously isn’t working as intended...maybe we should have the Feds control our votes? We can trust them to do the right thing...
HamBone

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:27 am

HamBone wrote:The right to vote obviously isn’t working as intended...maybe we should have the Feds control our votes? We can trust them to do the right thing...

Agreed. Voting has changed since the late 1700's. We need to change that also.

Free speech while we're at it. Soros is already calling for it in his EU with his non-elected officials that run the EU. We didn't have the internet back then so we didn't intend free speech to become this free.

What else? What other civil rights do people feel we don't deserve b/c of technological advances?
DreadNaught

Postby Buc2 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:59 am

Sunday, Sen. Bob Casey (D-PA) warned FBI special counsel Robert Mueller to not release his Russian collusion report until after the 2018 elections are over.

“I don’t think we’ll know anywhere near the full story until [Mueller] issues his report. I don’t know if that report will be this spring or this summer. But once you get into the summer, and you get close to the election, I think it’s a mistake for him to release it late. I think you should wait until after [the election],“ Casey said to John Catsimatidis, host of New York AM 970’s “The Cats Roundtable.”

Why? Is he worried about the Dems mid-term chances? I'd have thought the Dems would want it released right away considering they are so adamant that it will implicate Trump which would look bad for the GOP.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby bucfanclw » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:05 am

Election time should have absolutely no impact on when the findings are released. This needs to be about uncovering the truth, not electioneering.
bucfanclw

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:07 am

Buc2 wrote:
Sunday, Sen. Bob Casey (D-PA) warned FBI special counsel Robert Mueller to not release his Russian collusion report until after the 2018 elections are over.

“I don’t think we’ll know anywhere near the full story until [Mueller] issues his report. I don’t know if that report will be this spring or this summer. But once you get into the summer, and you get close to the election, I think it’s a mistake for him to release it late. I think you should wait until after [the election],“ Casey said to John Catsimatidis, host of New York AM 970’s “The Cats Roundtable.”

Why? Is he worried about the Dems mid-term chances? I'd have thought the Dems would want it released right away considering they are so adamant that it will implicate Trump which would look bad for the GOP.

Mueller should release his report when he is ready and not let politics have any influence on the timeline.
DreadNaught

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:07 am

bucfanclw wrote:Election time should have absolutely no impact on when the findings are released. This needs to be about uncovering the truth, not electioneering.

Agreed
DreadNaught

Postby Buc2 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:08 am

bucfanclw wrote:Election time should have absolutely no impact on when the findings are released. This needs to be about uncovering the truth, not electioneering.

Agreed. If the results are ready in June, release them in June. Or whenever they are ready, regardless of when. Holding them until some politicians feel it's safe will do nothing but further erode public trust.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:21 am

Also agreed. If the report comes out in say the next 90 days (May) that still leaves nearly 6 months until the elections in November.

Unless sitting members of congress stand to be indicted, (I know of none) the report should have no bearing on the elections.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Brazen331 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:38 pm

How do you take politics out of this? It was political from the get-go. Obama would never have placed sanctions on Russia if Hillary won, there would be no special counsel apointment if Hillary won. Obama did jack **** about Russia before Hillary lost. If they were such a threat, he would have done something beforehand.

Do you really think Casey would be whining about delaying the report if they thought they had something? So how is begging for the report to be delayed any less political than begging for it to be released quickly? Casey trying to take politics out of the equation my ass.
Brazen331

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:11 pm

Mueller has charged Manfort and Gates with a combined 32 charges. All of them are financial crimes around tax and bank fraud.
DreadNaught

Postby Buc2 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:55 am

DreadNaught wrote:Mueller has charged Manfort and Gates with a combined 32 charges. All of them are financial crimes around tax and bank fraud.

In other words, a probe initiated to find a crime. Mission accomplished.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby bucfanclw » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:01 pm

Buc2 wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:Mueller has charged Manfort and Gates with a combined 32 charges. All of them are financial crimes around tax and bank fraud.

So your problem is not that Gates is pleading guilty to charges due to multiple indictments (meaning he committed multiple crimes), your problem is that he was even investigated.

This is why the swamp will never be drained...
bucfanclw

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:12 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
Buc2 wrote:In other words, a probe initiated to find a crime. Mission accomplished.

So your problem is not that Gates is pleading guilty to charges due to multiple indictments (meaning he committed multiple crimes), your problem is that he was even investigated.

I think Buc2's point was that financial crimes around tax and bank fraud for people that don't hold office or are part of the administration wasn't the point of the appointing Mueller.

That said, it's just part of what I'm sure is more to come. Reasonable people acknowledge Russia interfered via information warfare and Mueller's job imo is to find out to what extent and most importantly if any American citizen assisted in those efforts wittingly, including the Trump campaign.

Charging millionaires with white collar crimes is barley a blip on the radar which is why it isn't getting much reaction, but it could lead to something bigger down the road I suppose.
DreadNaught

Postby Brazen331 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:16 pm

Buc2 wrote:

And none of this would be happening if Trump hadn’t made Sessions AG in the first place, an apolitical investigation into how Russia influenced our election my ass. It was Salem from the start. Of course Clewy misses the point entirely or is willfully ignorant. This isn’t about bringing Manafort to justice; they could care less. It’s all about squeezing him to find something, anything and it doesn’t have to be about Russia.
Brazen331

Postby bucfanclw » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:22 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:So your problem is not that Gates is pleading guilty to charges due to multiple indictments (meaning he committed multiple crimes), your problem is that he was even investigated.

I think Buc2's point was that financial crimes around tax and bank fraud for people that don't hold office or are part of the administration wasn't the point of the appointing Mueller.

That said, it's just part of what I'm sure is more to come. Reasonable people acknowledge Russia interfered via information warfare and Mueller's job imo is to find out to what extent and most importantly if any American citizen assisted in those efforts wittingly, including the Trump campaign.

Charging millionaires with white collar crimes is barley a blip on the radar which is why it isn't getting much reaction, but it could lead to something bigger down the road I suppose.

Financial crimes are a BIG deal when said financial crime is laundering money from foreign heads of state.
bucfanclw

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion