CIA and FBI: Russia Interfered in US Election

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: CIA and FBI: Russia Interfered in US Election

Postby deltbucs » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:50 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:No, Babe. It doesn't make him OK. He's not OK, and a large number of people who voted for him are coming around to that fact.

Now ask yourself why people should vote for Democrats in 2018? Stop Trump? Not good enough. You gotta give people something to vote FOR.

What do we tell them, Babe? What are you for?

As of right now I have not identified who exactly will be running, but for the most part the below criteria is what I will base my vote on.

I am for those who oppose fracking, those who support clean energy, those who want to restore voting rights to felons convicted on drug charges, I am for those against gerrymandering, I will support those who are willing to keep abortion a legal option between a woman and her doctor, I will support those who want to raise minimum wage, I would love to support someone who has a path to a single payer health system (but not hopeful about this one), I will support those who support the LGBTQ community, I will support those who support mandatory specific labeling of our food for gmo's, gluten, etc, I will support those who support stopping the Dakota pipeline etc., I support those who support civil rights and equal pay for equal work and certainly I will support those who know that climate change is an immediate threat and will do everything in their power to help with clean power. I am proud to support each and every one of these stances.

Who else on this board is willing to put their beliefs out as clearly as I did?

I seriously LOLed when I saw such a huge Hildog fan start this off by opposing to fracking. You can't make this stuff up!
deltbucs

Postby Ken Carson » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:00 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:Give her time to find an article to copy/paste.

ANNNND he's back to trolling. I knew you wouldn't be able to stay off the sauce for long. It is your nature to be a douche, anything else take effort for you. I cannot remember you EVER posting anything of substance. I am guessing that is because you are lacking in that area specifically. But troll on brother, troll on. It is probably the only super power you have.

Your last post was pretty good actually. Keep it up, and you won't see me post about you copy/pasting.
Ken Carson

Postby Babeinbucland » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:45 pm

deltbucs wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:
As of right now I have not identified who exactly will be running, but for the most part the below criteria is what I will base my vote on.

I am for those who oppose fracking, those who support clean energy, those who want to restore voting rights to felons convicted on drug charges, I am for those against gerrymandering, I will support those who are willing to keep abortion a legal option between a woman and her doctor, I will support those who want to raise minimum wage, I would love to support someone who has a path to a single payer health system (but not hopeful about this one), I will support those who support the LGBTQ community, I will support those who support mandatory specific labeling of our food for gmo's, gluten, etc, I will support those who support stopping the Dakota pipeline etc., I support those who support civil rights and equal pay for equal work and certainly I will support those who know that climate change is an immediate threat and will do everything in their power to help with clean power. I am proud to support each and every one of these stances.

I seriously LOLed when I saw such a huge Hildog fan start this off by opposing to fracking. You can't make this stuff up!

Good to know your candidate hit all your buttons and supported each and every ideal you supported. Oh wait, you didn't vote for Hillary?Great, thanks for helping trump get elected. Which is it huh?
Babeinbucland

Postby Babeinbucland » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:48 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:If those are the things you are for, you should talk about them instead of a man with a 36% approval rating.

I also support getting a corrupt sociopath out of the White House. Since the elections are not until 2018 it is imperative we get him out of power as quickly as possible. And believe it or not I can work tirelessly at the local level and still post about current events. I am talented that way :mrgreen:
Babeinbucland

Postby Corsair » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:54 pm

deltbucs wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:

Which is more harmful, coal or fracking? If you had a binary choice between the two, which would you chose? Or would you choose to power our country with "synchronized basket weaving" and "positive vibes, dude" even though you know it would never work? Was Hillary going to destroy the Paris Climate deal? Was she going to rollback everything Obama did? Does settling for a candidate who approves of fracking mean that you can't see it would be a sizeable improvement over the guy who is destroying every regulation to keep our air, water and planet clean?

Today of all days is not the day to be tearing down the Dem climate platform. The alternative was much worse, and we can see that in today's EO.
Corsair

Postby Corsair » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:26 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:If those are the things you are for, you should talk about them instead of a man with a 36% approval rating.

I also support getting a corrupt sociopath out of the White House. Since the elections are not until 2018 it is imperative we get him out of power as quickly as possible. And believe it or not I can work tirelessly at the local level and still post about current events. I am talented that way :mrgreen:

Agreed.

I also have a strong personal platform, ideals, ethics and a mountain of things I want to see changed in our government and in both parties.

That doesn't mean that we can't discuss the fact that our current President is under investigation by the FBI in relation to the undisputed intelligence that Russia interfered in our free and fair elections to benefit one candidate, and that there is a LOT of EVIDENCE to suggest that people in his administration had close ties to Russian operatives and that they had multiple motives to collude.

I'm sorry, but this subject matter requires a perspective check. Yes, lets look at what we can do better for the message in the midterms and how we can improve in not only outlook but in how we approach future discussions. Democrats are not infallible because we are in the throes of an ideological fist fight with a vengeful idiot... but lets not ignore this. Don't normalize this.
Corsair

Postby deltbucs » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:14 am

Babeinbucland wrote:
deltbucs wrote:I seriously LOLed when I saw such a huge Hildog fan start this off by opposing to fracking. You can't make this stuff up!

Good to know your candidate hit all your buttons and supported each and every ideal you supported. Oh wait, you didn't vote for Hillary?Great, thanks for helping trump get elected. Which is it huh?

I didn't vote for Trump. I helped him get elected exactly as much as you did.
deltbucs

Postby deltbucs » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:15 am

Corsair wrote:
deltbucs wrote:I seriously LOLed when I saw such a huge Hildog fan start this off by opposing to fracking. You can't make this stuff up!

Which is more harmful, coal or fracking? If you had a binary choice between the two, which would you chose? Or would you choose to power our country with "synchronized basket weaving" and "positive vibes, dude" even though you know it would never work? Was Hillary going to destroy the Paris Climate deal? Was she going to rollback everything Obama did? Does settling for a candidate who approves of fracking mean that you can't see it would be a sizeable improvement over the guy who is destroying every regulation to keep our air, water and planet clean?

Today of all days is not the day to be tearing down the Dem climate platform. The alternative was much worse, and we can see that in today's EO.

This has nothing to do to with my post that you quoted.
deltbucs

Postby Babeinbucland » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:36 pm

deltbucs wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:

I didn't vote for Trump. I helped him get elected exactly as much as you did.

False and incorrect. But you hang onto that delusion, it fits in nicely with all the other ones to which you desperately cling.
Babeinbucland

Postby Babeinbucland » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:39 pm

deltbucs wrote:
Corsair wrote:

This has nothing to do to with my post that you quoted.

Your inability to make this simple connection surprises me not at all. It is because of these kinds of insipid posts that you continue to demonstrate your lack of substance, depth and grasp of the obvious issues, never mind about the nuances :roll:
Babeinbucland

Postby Ken Carson » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:47 am

My party is in a good place when the babes and Corsairs are ripping people who didn't even vote for Trump as the problem with America. Should be an awesome midterm election season for us.
Ken Carson

Postby deltbucs » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:23 am

Babeinbucland wrote:
deltbucs wrote:I didn't vote for Trump. I helped him get elected exactly as much as you did.

False and incorrect. But you hang onto that delusion, it fits in nicely with all the other ones to which you desperately cling.

You really think that me NOT voting for Trump helped get him elected? You Hildog fans are seriously delusional.

deltbucs

Postby bucfanclw » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:12 am

Being left to try to get people to vote AGAINST something instead of FOR something will always result in tragedy.
bucfanclw

Postby mightyleemoon » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:24 am

deltbucs wrote:You really think that me NOT voting for Trump helped get him elected? You Hildog fans are seriously delusional.

She doesn't understand that if we weren't annoyed by the Trump presidency...then we'd just be annoyed with a Clinton presidency. She doesn't get that the only difference between the two is the specifics of the **** they bring to the table.
mightyleemoon

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:21 am

mightyleemoon wrote:
deltbucs wrote:You really think that me NOT voting for Trump helped get him elected? You Hildog fans are seriously delusional.

She doesn't understand that if we weren't annoyed by the Trump presidency...then we'd just be annoyed with a Clinton presidency. She doesn't get that the only difference between the two is the specifics of the **** they bring to the table.

And that berating people with "IT'S YOUR FAULT FOR NOT VOTING FOR THE OTHER CRAP CANDIDATE AND IF YOU CAN'T SEE THAT YOU'RE AN IDIOT!!" will never work. I can't stand Trump and I'm sick of most Dems too.
PrimeMinister

Postby Corsair » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:43 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
mightyleemoon wrote:

And that berating people with "IT'S YOUR FAULT FOR NOT VOTING FOR THE OTHER CRAP CANDIDATE AND IF YOU CAN'T SEE THAT YOU'RE AN IDIOT!!" will never work. I can't stand Trump and I'm sick of most Dems too.

It works both ways.

Some people are sick of being pointed out because they voted for Hillary and still have ideals that had to be compromised to do so. Sure, some people are against fracking but made a decision that fracking is better in the short term than resetting all of Obama's climate deals. Maybe the "holier-than-thou" Dems should lay off the people who felt the need to compromise a little instead of hold fast and only vote for a "perfect" candidate. Maybe that harassment is bad for the party, too.
Corsair

Postby Corsair » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:44 pm

Back on topic:

Is anybody here keeping up with the Senate Intelligence Committee from yesterday?

Bigly.
Corsair

Postby deltbucs » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:37 pm

Corsair wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:

It works both ways.

Some people are sick of being pointed out because they voted for Hillary and still have ideals that had to be compromised to do so. Sure, some people are against fracking but made a decision that fracking is better in the short term than resetting all of Obama's climate deals. Maybe the "holier-than-thou" Dems should lay off the people who felt the need to compromise a little instead of hold fast and only vote for a "perfect" candidate. Maybe that harassment is bad for the party, too.

Kenda is the biggest Hildog fan in this forum. She makes a list of what she's looking for in a candidate. The FIRST thing she listed is that she wants someone against fracking. I pointed out the fact that the irony in that was funny. I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings as much as it did her.
deltbucs

Postby Corsair » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:09 pm

I'm just commenting on the fact that this party is acting divisive from both progressives and more establishment style Dems.

We shouldn't be sending blame in only one direction.

Just stating truths, no feelings are hurt.
Corsair

Postby Corsair » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:37 pm

Report: Michael Flynn Asked For Immunity In Exchange For Testifying On Trump’s Russia Ties

According to the Wall Street Journal, Flynn’s offer has not been accepted.

Retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, who briefly served as national security adviser to President Donald Trump, is seeking immunity from prosecution in exchange for testifying on the president’s ties to Russia, the Wall Street Journal reported Thursday.

According to the report, Flynn made the offer to the FBI, the House intelligence committee and the Senate intelligence committee. All three entities are currently investigating whether Trump’s associates had contact with Russian officials during the 2016 presidential campaign. According to the Wall Street Journal, none of them have yet accepted Flynn’s offer.

NBC’s Peter Alexander confirmed part of the WSJ report:

Spokespeople for both the chairman and ranking member of the House intelligence committee denied the report.

“No, Michael Flynn has not offered to testify to HPSCI in exchange for immunity,” Jack Langer, a spokesman for House intelligence committee chairman Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), wrote in an email to The Huffington Post.

A committee aide said committee Democrats “have not received an offer to testify to the committee for immunity.”

An FBI spokeswoman declined to comment on the report. Spokespeople for the chairman and ranking member of the Senate committee did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Flynn resigned from his role in the Trump administration in February after it was revealed he had discussed U.S. sanctions against Russia with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak before Trump took office. Flynn had initially denied such contact.

While Trump said he did ask for Flynn’s resignation, he’s maintained that his former adviser did nothing wrong by speaking to the Russian ambassador.

Earlier this month, documents revealed Flynn had deeper financial ties to Russia than previously reported, including receiving substantial payments from Russian companies in the year before he joined Trump’s campaign as a surrogate. House Democrats have argued that this shows Flynn may have violated a clause of the U.S. Constitution that bars key government officials from receiving payment from foreign governments.

And lobbying disclosure forms recently revealed that Flynn was paid more than $500,000 in 2016 to help the Turkish government discredit exiled cleric Fethullah Gülen. White House press secretary Sean Spicer said the president was unaware of Flynn’s work as a foreign lobbyist, but wouldn’t say if Flynn would still have gotten the national security role if he had disclosed that work.

This is a breaking story and has been updated throughout.
Corsair

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:04 pm

Corsair wrote:

Report: Michael Flynn Asked For Immunity In Exchange For Testifying On Trump’s Russia Ties

According to the Wall Street Journal, Flynn’s offer has not been accepted.

Retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, who briefly served as national security adviser to President Donald Trump, is seeking immunity from prosecution in exchange for testifying on the president’s ties to Russia, the Wall Street Journal reported Thursday.

According to the report, Flynn made the offer to the FBI, the House intelligence committee and the Senate intelligence committee. All three entities are currently investigating whether Trump’s associates had contact with Russian officials during the 2016 presidential campaign. According to the Wall Street Journal, none of them have yet accepted Flynn’s offer.

NBC’s Peter Alexander confirmed part of the WSJ report:

Spokespeople for both the chairman and ranking member of the House intelligence committee denied the report.

“No, Michael Flynn has not offered to testify to HPSCI in exchange for immunity,” Jack Langer, a spokesman for House intelligence committee chairman Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), wrote in an email to The Huffington Post.

A committee aide said committee Democrats “have not received an offer to testify to the committee for immunity.”

An FBI spokeswoman declined to comment on the report. Spokespeople for the chairman and ranking member of the Senate committee did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Flynn resigned from his role in the Trump administration in February after it was revealed he had discussed U.S. sanctions against Russia with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak before Trump took office. Flynn had initially denied such contact.

While Trump said he did ask for Flynn’s resignation, he’s maintained that his former adviser did nothing wrong by speaking to the Russian ambassador.

Earlier this month, documents revealed Flynn had deeper financial ties to Russia than previously reported, including receiving substantial payments from Russian companies in the year before he joined Trump’s campaign as a surrogate. House Democrats have argued that this shows Flynn may have violated a clause of the U.S. Constitution that bars key government officials from receiving payment from foreign governments.

And lobbying disclosure forms recently revealed that Flynn was paid more than $500,000 in 2016 to help the Turkish government discredit exiled cleric Fethullah Gülen. White House press secretary Sean Spicer said the president was unaware of Flynn’s work as a foreign lobbyist, but wouldn’t say if Flynn would still have gotten the national security role if he had disclosed that work.

This is a breaking story and has been updated throughout.

Nice headline.
DreadNaught

Postby Corsair » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:09 pm

Thanks.

Here's another one:

Michael Flynn Offers to Testify Before Congress in Exchange for Immunity

By MARK MAZZETTI and MATTHEW ROSENBERGMARCH 30, 2017
WASHINGTON — Michael T. Flynn, the former national security adviser, has offered to be interviewed by House and Senate investigators who are examining the Trump campaign’s ties to Russia in exchange for immunity from prosecution, according to his lawyer and a congressional official.

But the congressional official said investigators were unwilling to broker a deal with Mr. Flynn — who resigned last month for misleading White House officials about his contacts with Russia’s ambassador to the United States — until they are further along in their inquiries and they better understand what information Mr. Flynn might offer as part of a deal.

In a statement on Thursday evening, Mr. Flynn’s lawyer confirmed discussions with the House and Senate Intelligence Committees about possible testimony by his client. The lawyer, Robert Kelner, did not provide specifics about the terms under which Mr. Flynn would testify, but said that “no reasonable person, who has the benefit of advice from counsel, would submit to questioning in such a highly politicized, witch hunt environment without assurances against unfair prosecution.”

“General Flynn certainly has a story to tell, and he very much wants to tell it, should circumstances permit,” the statement said.

The Wall Street Journal reported Mr. Flynn’s offer to testify.

The F.B.I. is investigating whether any of President Trump’s advisers colluded with the Russian government in its efforts to disrupt the 2016 presidential election. An immunity deal would make it impossible for the Justice Department to prosecute Mr. Flynn.

It is common for witnesses to demand immunity in exchange for their testimony to ensure that their words cannot be used to prosecute them. Under federal law, Congress can grant witnesses immunity for their testimony, but lawmakers normally do so only after consulting with prosecutors.

Congress normally avoids doing anything that could disrupt a federal investigation. Federal law allows the Justice Department to delay a congressional immunity deal but not block it outright.
Corsair

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:23 pm

We'll see just how many beans get spilt.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:26 pm

Flynn’s lawyer is the source cited, yet the statement released by Flynn’s lawyer that the article even quoted makes no mention of "immunity".

Intel committee spokeperson also stated immunity was not discussed.

So who is saying immunity other than those citing the WSJ?
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:29 pm

DreadNaught wrote:Flynn’s lawyer is the source cited, yet the statement released by Flynn’s lawyer that the article even quoted makes no mention of "immunity".

So who is saying immunity other than the WSJ?

Why would Flynn's lawyer come out and publicly say he is looking for immunity?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Babeinbucland » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:31 pm

mightyleemoon wrote:

YOU don't get the difference is between a president who collides with foreign governments and a President who knows how to govern and work across the aisle. This isn't a matter of perception, it is a matter of facts. And more to come as General "lock her up" Flynn offering to testify in exchange for immunity. Yeah, nothing to see there.
Babeinbucland

Postby Babeinbucland » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:33 pm

deltbucs wrote:
Corsair wrote:It works both ways.

Kenda is the biggest Hildog fan in this forum. She makes a list of what she's looking for in a candidate. The FIRST thing she listed is that she wants someone against fracking. I pointed out the fact that the irony in that was funny. I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings as much as it did her.

I am surprised that you haven't broken both legs from all the assumptions you jump to. You are so wrong on so many points in that poor excuse for a post it is mind boggling. And it is glaringly obviously to everyone on the board, that you search each and every post of mine desperately looking for something to "lol" at or attack or ridicule. It reminds me of all the boys in junior high and high school who would do whatever they could just to get some attention form me. But from the grown ass man you purport to be - well...it is kinda pitiful. HOWEVER, I do love when you call me Kenda, it is the only thing you do that makes me giggle and feel all happy inside, so just don't stop that lol
Last edited by Babeinbucland on Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Babeinbucland

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:35 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:Flynn’s lawyer is the source cited, yet the statement released by Flynn’s lawyer that the article even quoted makes no mention of "immunity".

So who is saying immunity other than the WSJ?

Why would Flynn's lawyer come out and publicly say he is looking for immunity?

Did he? That's not what the statement from Flynn's lawyer (the source) says at all.

It says Flynn is willing to testify. Roger stone has stated he will testify also, same with Manafort. You'll have to show me where any have requested immunity so I can comment.
DreadNaught

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:38 pm

5 different Hillary aides pled the 5th and took immunity.

None have for Trump to this point.
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:41 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Why would Flynn's lawyer come out and publicly say he is looking for immunity?

Did he? That's not what the statement from Flynn's lawyer (the source) says at all.

It says Flynn is willing to testify. Roger stone has stated he will testify also, same with Manafort. You'll have to show me where any have requested immunity so I can comment.

That's my point. If he is looking for immunity for Flynn, I see no benefit to saying so publicly. It was probably leaked to the WSJ which isn't exactly the Enquirer.

There's **** going on that we don't know about.
Mountaineer Buc

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion