CIA and FBI: Russia Interfered in US Election

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: CIA and FBI: Russia Interfered in US Election

Postby Brazen331 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:02 am

Russia is basically America back in the robber barron days, us about 100 years ago. Think of how racist we were back then...that’s how racist most Russians are right now.

They see our large minority populations as a weakness ripe for exploitation. Economically and militarily they cannot compete with us and they know this so they will seek other avenues and sowing internal discord is certainly one of them.
Brazen331

Postby deltbucs » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:24 am

Ken Carson wrote:The evidence seems to be leadi down the path that Russian is constantly trying to rule up our citizens against each other.

The same can be said for ***** boy.
deltbucs

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:08 am

deltbucs wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:The evidence seems to be leadi down the path that Russian is constantly trying to rule up our citizens against each other.

The same can be said for ***** boy.

If you practice any form of respect in your life ______________________________
mdb1958

Postby deltbucs » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:31 am

mdb1958 wrote:
deltbucs wrote:The same can be said for ***** boy.

If you practice any form of respect in your life ______________________________

I respect plenty of people who deserve respect. I don't respect ***** boy. ****...I respect you more than I respect ***** boy. You're misguided, but I think you have a soul.
deltbucs

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:01 pm

Ken Carson wrote:Thanks for posting it. It really does put a damper on theTrump/Russian collusion angle. The evidence seems to be leadi down the path that Russian is constantly trying to rule up our citizens against each other. I heard on NOR yesterday that the Russian troll farms were hashtaging both #takeaknee and #boycottnfl just this past weekend.

Sad thing is we are playing right into their hands.

There is more... btw if anyone has followed an account called 'Blacktivist' on Facebook or @Blacktivists on twitter you've been getting trolled by Russians it seems. These accounts have arguably more measured influence than the actual verified BLM social media accounts.

What a world!!

LINK

A social media campaign calling itself "Blacktivist" and linked to the Russian government used both Facebook and Twitter in an apparent attempt to amplify racial tensions during the U.S. presidential election, two sources with knowledge of the matter told CNN. The Twitter account has been handed over to Congress; the Facebook account is expected to be handed over in the coming days. Both Blacktivist accounts, each of which used the handle Blacktivists, regularly shared content intended to stoke outrage. "Black people should wake up as soon as possible," one post on the Twitter account read. "Black families are divided and destroyed by mass incarceration and death of black men," another read. The accounts also posted videos of police violence against African Americans. The Blacktivist accounts provide further evidence that Russian-linked social media accounts saw racial tensions as something to be exploited in order to achieve the broader Russian goal of dividing Americans and creating chaos in U.S. politics during a campaign in which race repeatedly became an issue.

The Facebook account had 360,000 likes, more than the verified Black Lives Matter account on Facebook, which currently has just over 301,000.
The page also publicized at least seven rallies and demonstrations around the country in 2016. The events ranged from the 50th anniversary of the Black Panther Party to a march in Baltimore commemorating the death of Freddie Gray. In several cases, it appears that the events were real, and were organized by other groups, but that the Blacktivist account was working to increase turnout. "We are fed up with police violence, racism, intolerance and injustice that passed down from generation to generation. We are fed up with government ignorance and the system failing black people," the page's description of the march for Freddie Gray read. That same Freddie Gray event was covered by RT, a television network funded by the Russian government.

CNN reported Wednesday that at least one of the Facebook ads bought by Russians during the 2016 presidential campaign referenced Black Lives Matter and was specifically targeted to reach audiences in Ferguson, Missouri and Baltimore, two cities that had gained widespread attention for the large and violent protests over police shootings of black men.

The Twitter account, @Blacktivists, provided several clues that in hindsight indicate it was not what it purported to be. In several tweets, it employed awkward phrasing that a native English speaker would be unlikely to use. It also consistently posted using an apostrophe facing the wrong way, i.e. "it`s" instead of "it's." The Blacktivist Facebook account was among the 470 Russian-linked accounts identified by the social media network and disclosed to Congress earlier this month, the sources said. The matching Twitter account was among the roughly 200 accounts Twitter identified with links to those found by Facebook.

Facebook shared its findings about the accounts with Twitter, enabling Twitter to identify 22 matching accounts and an additional 179 accounts that linked back to those accounts, the sources said. This matching process went beyond public-facing similarities and included private information that could link the accounts. All of the ads handed over by Facebook were linked to the Internet Research Agency, a shadowy company that U.S. military intelligence has described as "a state-funded organization that blogs and tweets on behalf of the Kremlin." A senior Kremlin spokesman said last week that Russia did not buy ads on Facebook to influence the election.

As with the Russian-backed Facebook accounts, the Russian-backed Twitter accounts sought to amplify political discord by highlighting hot-button political issues like race and immigration. Some of the Twitter accounts also promoted anti-Hillary Clinton stories, a source with knowledge of the matter told CNN. The U.S. intelligence community believes one reason Russia meddled in the election was to damage Clinton's chances of winning. Blacktivist posted a video on Facebook in August of this year with the caption, "Watch another savage video of police brutality. We live under a system of racism and police are directly letting us know how they feel and where we stand."

CNN has not confirmed when the Blacktivist Facebook account was established. The corresponding Twitter account was set up in April 2016, according to cached page records. "Black community welcomes you! We want to bring peace in life of our brothers and sisters!" the "About" section of the Facebook page read.
One of the Russian-bought Facebook ads that the social media network is handing over to Congress backed Green Party candidate Jill Stein. "Choose peace and vote for Jill Stein," the ad read. "The only way to take our country back is to stop voting for the corporations and banks that own us. #GrowaSpineVoteJillStein." The Stein ad was first reported by Politico. A segment of that wording appeared verbatim on the @Blacktivists Twitter account on November 2, 2016. "Choose peace and vote for Jill Stein. Trust me, it's not a wasted vote," the account tweeted.

Both accounts appear to have been active as recently as last month.
Last edited by DreadNaught on Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DreadNaught

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:15 pm

Ha! That's awesome
Zarniwoop

Postby Brazen331 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:37 pm

Tucker Carlson just had a segment claiming that the notion that Russia hacked into the voting systems of 21 states is falling apart. I know the source is biased so perhaps Corsair can confirm if this is indeed a thing. I do hope this does not turn out to be more fake news.
Brazen331

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:18 pm

Brazen331 wrote:Tucker Carlson just had a segment claiming that the notion that Russia hacked into the voting systems of 21 states is falling apart. I know the source is biased so perhaps Corsair can confirm if this is indeed a thing. I do hope this does not turn out to be more fake news.

It's Tucker Carlson.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:55 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:Tucker Carlson just had a segment claiming that the notion that Russia hacked into the voting systems of 21 states is falling apart. I know the source is biased so perhaps Corsair can confirm if this is indeed a thing. I do hope this does not turn out to be more fake news.

It's Tucker Carlson.

Certain states have claimed the report was false. I know WI is one for sure.
DreadNaught

Postby Brazen331 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:36 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:

It's Tucker Carlson.

I know, that’s why I was looking for verificstion and wondering if anyone has seen something similar from different sources.

I think it’s more likely that Trump colluded than Russua hacked into voting machines in 21 states. This particular story has always stuck me as fantastical and fake.

Wisconsin is hardly the only state disputing the report.
Brazen331

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:04 am

Brazen331 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:It's Tucker Carlson.

I know, that’s why I was looking for verificstion and wondering if anyone has seen something similar from different sources.

I think it’s more likely that Trump colluded than Russua hacked into voting machines in 21 states. This particular story has always stuck me as fantastical and fake.

Wisconsin is hardly the only state disputing the report.

It's a claim that I've been dubious about since it was made.

The difference between you and I or at least red vs. Blue is that if it is true that no such interference happened, is that some will proclaim the entire Russia thing invalid when the truth is that there was some fuckery, we just don't know how bad.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Brazen331 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:51 pm

I don’t think that’s an accurate portrayal of my position. I know Russia interfered in this, past, and will interfere in future elections.

I object to the notion that Clinton lost because of Russia that many on the blue side still continue to push. I doubt the couple hundred thousand that troll farms tied to Russia spent on fake FB ads influenced an election where, Clinton for instance, spent over a billion dollars.
Brazen331

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:16 pm

Brazen331 wrote:I don’t think that’s an accurate portrayal of my position. I know Russia interfered in this, past, and will interfere in future elections.

I object to the notion that Clinton lost because of Russia that many on the blue side still continue to push. I doubt the couple hundred thousand that troll farms tied to Russia spent on fake FB ads influenced an election where, Clinton for instance, spent over a billion dollars.

Okay, so if they didn't collude with the Trump campaign and they didn't hack the DNC server, and they didn't hack voting machines, and they didn't pollute Facebook with fake news, just what was it that you DO think they did and will continue to do?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:35 pm

While you work on that, here's what I think they did.

They had Manafort in their back pocket and used him to get access to Kushner and Flynn. They were good with Trump winning because Hillary with her stupid reset button wasn't going to end sanctions.

They hack the DNC server, and feed the information to the trump campaign and it goes to Assange.

Then they flood Facebook with a metric fuckton of bullshit fake news about Hillary being the devil incarnate (not too far off) and when the FBI makes it known that they're on to the plot, it gets spun by these FB peddlers and their useful idiots at T_D that Hillary's indictment is a breath away.

So thick is the bullshit, that voters shrug off the ***** grabbing tape which would have buried ANY other candidate in history finally leading to so much voter apathy that Trump actually manages to win to the horrified shock of the entire world.

Then when the truth starts coming out, Trump starts cutting ties that could bury him. Right up to and including the director of the FBI.

Now that could end up all being a load of bullshit. I'm still waiting for Mueller.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Brazen331 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:56 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:I don’t think that’s an accurate portrayal of my position. I know Russia interfered in this, past, and will interfere in future elections.

Okay, so if they didn't collude with the Trump campaign and they didn't hack the DNC server, and they didn't hack voting machines, and they didn't pollute Facebook with fake news, just what was it that you DO think they did and will continue to do?

Why did you quote my post if you didn’t even read it? I clearly stated that they did pollute FB with fake news.
Brazen331

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:02 am

Brazen331 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Okay, so if they didn't collude with the Trump campaign and they didn't hack the DNC server, and they didn't hack voting machines, and they didn't pollute Facebook with fake news, just what was it that you DO think they did and will continue to do?

Why did you quote my post if you didn’t even read it? I clearly stated that they did pollute FB with fake news.

Hey, I've had a drink or two. I thought you said you doubt they did it, not that it changed the outcome.

At least we're making progress.

Facebook was a shitstorm the last few weeks before the election.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Brazen331 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:37 am

As for Manafort, we all know he is going down. He has made way too much shady, overseas money not to have an entire graveyard of skeletons in his closet.

I guess he just assumed Trump could never win and there would be no possibility of a special prosecutor and thought he would take some more easy money for a few months of work.

If he has dirt on Trump I’m sure he will spill to protect himself.
Brazen331

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:06 pm

Brazen331 wrote:As for Manafort, we all know he is going down. He has made way too much shady, overseas money not to have an entire graveyard of skeletons in his closet.

I guess he just assumed Trump could never win and there would be no possibility of a special prosecutor and thought he would take some more easy money for a few months of work.

If he has dirt on Trump I’m sure he will spill to protect himself.

That's what we're waiting on. Manafort cutting a deal to save his own ass.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Corsair » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:01 pm

Facebook says 10 million people saw Russian-bought political ads
John Shinal | @johnshinal
Facebook said roughly 10 million people saw the ads bought by Russian groups trying to influence the 2016 U.S. election
Some of the ads were paid for in Russian currency, the company said in a statement
Facebook also said it's "possible" that there are more such ads that it hasn't yet found.

Facebook said roughly 10 million people saw advertisements bought by Russian groups trying to influence the 2016 U.S. election, the first time the company has shared the reach and potential impact of such ads.

Facebook also said it's "possible" that there are more such ads that it hasn't yet found.

The company released the details on some 3,000 ads the same day they sent them to Congressional committee members in the House and Senate, who are looking at how Russian agents tried to sway last year's Presidential election.

Some of the ads were paid for in Russian currency, Facebook said in a statement.

The company has been asked to appear at public hearings by three different committees in coming weeks to give details on the Russian ad campaign, which highlighted hot-button, divisive issues such as race to try and sway voters.

Facebook admitted in its statement there are limits to its ability to stop people from using its site to undermine democracy.

"Even when we have taken all steps to control abuse, there will be political and social content that will appear on our platform that people will find objectionable, and that we will find objectionable. We permit these messages because we share the values of free speech," the company's statement said.

Facebook has faced mounting criticism in Washington about its response to the propaganda and misinformation Russia-based organizations placed on its site.

Senator Mark Warner, the ranking Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee, has said he intends to introduce a bill that will remove an exemption for online political ads that have previously shielded their buyers from public scrutiny.

CEO Mark Zuckerberg late last year had said it was "crazy" to think that the site he founded was used that way.

On Sept. 21, however, Zuckerberg apologized for that comment and said the company was committed to stopping foreign governments from influencing U.S. elections.

"Now, I wish I could tell you we're going to be able to stop all interference, but that wouldn't be realistic. There will always be bad people in the world, and we can't prevent all governments from all interference. But we can make it harder. We can make it a lot harder. And that's what we're going to do," Zuckerberg said in his post last month.

In an election where 80,000 votes were the difference...
Corsair

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:10 pm

Corsair wrote:
Facebook says 10 million people saw Russian-bought political ads
John Shinal | @johnshinal
Facebook said roughly 10 million people saw the ads bought by Russian groups trying to influence the 2016 U.S. election
Some of the ads were paid for in Russian currency, the company said in a statement

Facebook said roughly 10 million people saw advertisements bought by Russian groups trying to influence the 2016 U.S. election, the first time the company has shared the reach and potential impact of such ads.

The company released the details on some 3,000 ads the same day they sent them to Congressional committee members in the House and Senate, who are looking at how Russian agents tried to sway last year's Presidential election.

Some of the ads were paid for in Russian currency, Facebook said in a statement.

The company has been asked to appear at public hearings by three different committees in coming weeks to give details on the Russian ad campaign, which highlighted hot-button, divisive issues such as race to try and sway voters.

Facebook admitted in its statement there are limits to its ability to stop people from using its site to undermine democracy.

"Even when we have taken all steps to control abuse, there will be political and social content that will appear on our platform that people will find objectionable, and that we will find objectionable. We permit these messages because we share the values of free speech," the company's statement said.

Facebook has faced mounting criticism in Washington about its response to the propaganda and misinformation Russia-based organizations placed on its site.

Senator Mark Warner, the ranking Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee, has said he intends to introduce a bill that will remove an exemption for online political ads that have previously shielded their buyers from public scrutiny.

CEO Mark Zuckerberg late last year had said it was "crazy" to think that the site he founded was used that way.

On Sept. 21, however, Zuckerberg apologized for that comment and said the company was committed to stopping foreign governments from influencing U.S. elections.

"Now, I wish I could tell you we're going to be able to stop all interference, but that wouldn't be realistic. There will always be bad people in the world, and we can't prevent all governments from all interference. But we can make it harder. We can make it a lot harder. And that's what we're going to do," Zuckerberg said in his post last month.

In an election where 80,000 votes were the difference...

Lmfao. Again, the American people got the president they deserve. ****ing Russian propaganda on a website based around promoting your narcissistic self-image gave away the American presidency.... Let the democracy fall... we can no longer be trusted with it
beardmcdoug

Postby Corsair » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:23 pm

That's a little defeatist in my opinion.

That's exactly the response that they want. I'd rather investigate, learn from our mistakes, and protect ourselves in the future.

From the crowd that pushed the pizzagate/spirit dinners/Hillary stroke fake news, I guess this response isn't exactly surprising. They were the ones who fell for the Russian propaganda.
Corsair

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:25 pm

Corsair wrote:
From the crowd that pushed the pizzagate/spirit dinners/Hillary stroke fake news, I guess this response isn't exactly surprising. They were the ones who fell for the Russian propaganda.

I would argue that Bernie fans, undecided voters, and disenfranchised dems were the ones susceptible to "Russian propaganda". Trump's base/most of the GOP was voting for Trump regardless.
uscbucsfan

Postby Corsair » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:27 pm

Where did I mention Trump's base/GOP?

Are you implying that beardmcdoug is a member of Trump's base?
Corsair

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:37 pm

LOL

Oh I'm not defeatist; if the time came I'd like to think I'd die for this country - but not this "government" - nor its current "ideals". It's been stolen and perverted beyond repair IMO. Not to sound over dramatic but the tree could probably use a little watering...

(Edit: not trying to sound like an Internet hard ass and I'm well aware that it reads like one. I most certainly have put absolutely nothing on the line in my life relative to those who have served in our armed forces and I have beyond the utmost respect for those men and women who have actually put their lives and their family's lives on the line in real defense of this nation and it's truest ideals.)
beardmcdoug

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:02 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Corsair wrote:

I would argue that Bernie fans, undecided voters, and disenfranchised dems were the ones susceptible to "Russian propaganda". Trump's base/most of the GOP was voting for Trump regardless.

Boomers.

****ing. Boomers.

Love ya Buc2, but y'all motherfuckers, between the sexual revolution, the **** job at raising your kids, and y'all first trip around the Internet block really did a number on this country. Y'all had endless possibilities and everything at your fingertips and y'all took us straight to decadence and narcissism consumerist hell. And yes, y'all were the first to fall for it, so you rightly get the blame
beardmcdoug

Postby Babeinbucland » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:18 pm

Ummmm you're against the sexual revolution :o
Babeinbucland

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:59 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:Ummmm you're against the sexual revolution :o

Yes.

Revolving during sex makes me dizzy.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Babeinbucland » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:29 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:

Yes.

Revolving during sex makes me dizzy.

Lightweight
Babeinbucland

Postby beardmcdoug » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:38 am

not to steer this thread off topic, but yeah, it's been a disaster in my opinion. it's led us to the utter **** show we have now. not sure how "clued in" you are to the "dating" scene these days... but its an absolute. ****ing. disaster.
beardmcdoug

Postby Buc2 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:21 am

beardmcdoug wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:

Boomers.

****ing. Boomers.

Love ya Buc2, but y'all motherfuckers, between the sexual revolution, the **** job at raising your kids, and y'all first trip around the Internet block really did a number on this country. Y'all had endless possibilities and everything at your fingertips and y'all took us straight to decadence and narcissism consumerist hell. And yes, y'all were the first to fall for it, so you rightly get the blame

There's a huge divide between middle class/upper-middle class/wealthy Boomers and poor/lower-middle class Boomers such as how me and my siblings were raised (mostly poor to lower middle class). Huge divide! Not to mention we were raised in a single parent household. Mom worked days & nights. Weekends & holidays. Leaving us to raise ourselves for the most part. From the time I was 12 till I joined the Navy out of high school, I was on my own since I was the youngest.

But, yeah, I get what you're saying. I blame them too. ***holes!
Don't tread on me
Buc2

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion