CIA and FBI: Russia Interfered in US Election

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: CIA and FBI: Russia Interfered in US Election

Postby Corsair » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:40 pm

Either.

If votes were in fact changed, would that change your opinion of the investigation/response?
Corsair

Postby Selmon Rules » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:46 pm

I have been waiting for a report that is more than innuendo and "looks like" before I really decided to make my mind up one way or another on the whole ordeal. Never have seen the point of grasping at straws to try to influence myself one way or another so when/if a report comes out that there was actual tampering with votes, I'd be willing to visit (not revisit) the subject....
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
Selmon Rules

Postby Babeinbucland » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:01 pm

Selmon Rules wrote:I have been waiting for a report that is more than innuendo and "looks like" before I really decided to make my mind up one way or another on the whole ordeal. Never have seen the point of grasping at straws to try to influence myself one way or another so when/if a report comes out that there was actual tampering with votes, I'd be willing to visit (not revisit) the subject....

So Corsair poses a an if/then question for the board and you say you can't process a hypothetical. Lol got it.

Uh oh!! Wait, was that the kind of thing you posted about when you said I attack people who disagree with me?????? Omg, let me apologize in advance!! I am sorry sorry, if I hurt your feelings!!! PM me if you need to be processed out of it so you can be ok!!
Babeinbucland

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:18 pm

TBH, Corsair, you've long since passed the threshold of doing more harm than good.

You're not alone in this. Congressional democrats and the media are overplaying the hand.

It's one thing to show developments from the investigation, and another to post unproven stuff from unnamed sources and openly speculate.

The old saying goes...don't interrupt your enemy while they are making a mistake.

Your consistent hammering away on this investigation takes the focus off of what's really the issue and made it about your crusade.

Save the updates for the facts.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Corsair » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:31 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:TBH, Corsair, you've long since passed the threshold of doing more harm than good.

You're not alone in this. Congressional democrats and the media are overplaying the hand.

It's one thing to show developments from the investigation, and another to post unproven stuff from unnamed sources and openly speculate.

The old saying goes...don't interrupt your enemy while they are making a mistake.

Your consistent hammering away on this investigation takes the focus off of what's really the issue and made it about your crusade.

Save the updates for the facts.

95% of what I have posted here are news articles giving updates on the investigation. In fact, I've been ridiculed for only posting articles and not assigning my opinion to them. It's almost impossible to have any sort of discussion in this thread and I've learned to mostly disengage from the trolls. I had a question about votes being changed because the government just informed 21 states that their election systems were subject to attacks from Russia and that most of them hadn't been compromised. Tens of thousands of voters in multiple states were unable to vote this election because of "election irregularities" and "voter roll purges". Seems like my question was valid and pertinent. I'd like to get people on the record in a hypothetical so that they can be held accountable to their opinions before the veritable truth is in conflict with their politics.

When this investigation is all said and done, there will be a thread of information that dates back to before the election that will show step by step how the biggest political scandal in US history unfolded. It will also show the resistance of the truth from the right (and others).

I'm sorry you don't want to take part in the discussion. But this discussion is going to continue until it's eventual end when the Mueller probe concludes or otherwise. I'm going to continue to add to the conversation, and me staying active is not "hurting" anything unless you think everyone should just ignore what is happening. Try focusing your opinions on those who come here to troll, lie, refuse to debate anything in good faith.

I appreciate your input, but think you are wrong. Dead wrong.
Last edited by Corsair on Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corsair

Postby Ken Carson » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:50 pm

Don't bother, MB.
Ken Carson

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:39 pm

Do as you will.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Selmon Rules » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:59 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:
Selmon Rules wrote:I have been waiting for a report that is more than innuendo and "looks like" before I really decided to make my mind up one way or another on the whole ordeal. Never have seen the point of grasping at straws to try to influence myself one way or another so when/if a report comes out that there was actual tampering with votes, I'd be willing to visit (not revisit) the subject....

So Corsair poses a an if/then question for the board and you say you can't process a hypothetical. Lol got it.

Uh oh!! Wait, was that the kind of thing you posted about when you said I attack people who disagree with me?????? Omg, let me apologize in advance!! I am sorry sorry, if I hurt your feelings!!! PM me if you need to be processed out of it so you can be ok!!

Who pissed in your Cheerios?? He asked if my opinion would change and as of right now, I have no opinion because there have been no facts presented, only innuendo and a bunch of "what ifs". When there are actual facts, I will worry about them then

Pretty sure that's what he asked is it not???

The hypothetical that remains to be answered is if BIBL pulls her head out of her ass and nobody notices a change, does it really matter??
Selmon Rules

Postby Rocker » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:39 pm

I'm as concerned as anyone else with a few brain cells that can bounce off of one another should be about the allegations. It's a serious deal if a foreign political power skewed the election.

To date, I'm not convinced. Furthermore, even with this particular doofus holding the position; I will continue to respect the Office of the Presidency, even if I don't care for the individual occupying it.

I suppose the point I'm trying to make is that I have a strong dislike for all of the partisanship and blame-gaming going on this early into such a serious investigation. I'll do my best to wait for the facts to be presented, and make my own determinations afterword.

All of that said; I'm still very skeptical that Komrade Redski was able to hack/change/pressure the polls this past November. I guess time will tell.
Rocker

Postby Rocker » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:43 pm

Corsair wrote:Quick question to the board:

If we get to the point where the US Government admits that vote counts were changed, does that effect how people digest this issue?

Asking for a friend.

To answer your question in a vacuum, I'd be extremely shocked if the US government released new like this. It would bring destabilization of the world's foremost super-power on a level never seen before.

Sorry, Corsair; but the end you hope for just isn't going to happen.
Rocker

Postby mightyleemoon » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:11 am

Why is anyone even replying in this thread anymore?

Why did I just ****ing type this?
mightyleemoon

Postby Corsair » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:24 pm

Exclusive: IRS shares information with special counsel in Russia probe
By Manu Raju, Pamela Brown and Evan Perez, CNN

(CNN) The IRS is now sharing information with special counsel Robert Mueller about key Trump campaign officials, after the two entities clashed this summer over both the scope of the investigation into Russia's meddling in the 2016 election and a raid on former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort's home, people briefed on the matter tell CNN.

Part of the concern centered on the far-reaching and broad requests from Mueller's team. In the case of Manafort, Mueller's investigators are reaching back 11 years as they investigate possible tax and financial crimes, according to search warrant documents. Mueller is bound by a written order issued by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein in May which allows the special counsel to investigate "any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation."

After several months of being at odds, one source said, the IRS Criminal Investigation division is now sharing information about campaign associates, including Manafort and former White House national security adviser Michael Flynn. The sharing happened after the two camps reached an agreement following consultation with officials at the Treasury Department.

CNN has learned the IRS Criminal Investigation agents had been working with the FBI to investigate Manafort since before the election in a similar probe that centered on possible money laundering and tax fraud issues, according to the sources. It's unclear if Flynn is now or was previously under investigation by the IRS. CNN has reported that Mueller's team is examining Flynn's payments from Turkey and Russia.

A former high-level Justice Department official says the information shared would include anything tax return-related such as real estate and banking records. The former official added the IRS is very restricted in what information it can share under Title 26 US Code and would normally need a specific grand jury subpoena in order to share tax returns with another agency.

The new information about the depth of IRS involvement renews questions surrounding the controversial issue of President Donald Trump's tax returns, which he refused to release during the campaign despite decades of precedent by presidential candidates.

It is not clear whether the special counsel has asked for or obtained Trump's tax returns. Sources say if Mueller's office does have Trump's returns, then Rosenstein, who oversees the probe, likely would have needed to sign off, given the sensitivity surrounding the matter.

Tension between the IRS and the special counsel played out behind the scenes of the high-profile raid on Manafort's Alexandria, Virginia, home this summer, according to multiple sources.

CNN has learned that the IRS did not participate in the July raid by FBI agents in part because of IRS objections that the search would interfere with the separate IRS investigation of Manafort, according to people briefed on the investigations.

The special counsel's office decided to proceed with the search on Manafort's home with only FBI agents carrying it out, the sources said.

The absence of IRS criminal investigations agents for the raid is unusual for a probe that centers on tax and financial matters. As CNN has previously reported, during the raid the FBI collected tax and other financial documents from Manafort's home, according to search warrant documents in the Manafort raid. The search warrant documents said the scope of the investigation includes possible crimes beginning January 1, 2006, a source told CNN.

Manafort has previously denied financial wrongdoing regarding his Ukraine-related payments, his bank accounts in offshore tax shelters and his various real estate transactions over the years.

The complications could continue in the event Mueller's team brings charges against Manafort and others under investigation. Mueller's team has warned Manafort that they are working to charge him with possible tax and financial crimes, sources previously told CNN, an indication the investigation could be in an advanced stage.

Flynn's lawyers have previously criticized media reports about his connection to the Russia investigation as peddling "unfounded allegations" and "outrageous claims." Flynn's lawyer declined to comment for this story. Manafort's lawyer didn't immediately comment for this story.

The IRS Criminal Investigation division and the special counsel's office declined to comment.
Corsair

Postby Babeinbucland » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:13 pm

Selmon Rules wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:

Who pissed in your Cheerios?? He asked if my opinion would change and as of right now, I have no opinion because there have been no facts presented, only innuendo and a bunch of "what ifs". When there are actual facts, I will worry about them then

The hypothetical that remains to be answered is if BIBL pulls her head out of her ass and nobody notices a change, does it really matter??

So I am a little confused. Did you or did you not see my response to you as an attack? I mean if you did, then c'mon are you REALLY that fragile? If you didn't - then why are you being so crass. Please explain your response.
Babeinbucland

Postby deltbucs » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:26 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:
Selmon Rules wrote:Who pissed in your Cheerios?? He asked if my opinion would change and as of right now, I have no opinion because there have been no facts presented, only innuendo and a bunch of "what ifs". When there are actual facts, I will worry about them then

So I am a little confused. Did you or did you not see my response to you as an attack? I mean if you did, then c'mon are you REALLY that fragile? If you didn't - then why are you being so crass. Please explain your response.

I don't see where he said that you attacked him. You were throwing a hissy fit and he asked "Who pissed in your Cheerios?" Not sure where how that makes him fragile in your eyes.
deltbucs

Postby Babeinbucland » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:21 pm

deltbucs wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:

I don't see where he said that you attacked him. You were throwing a hissy fit and he asked "Who pissed in your Cheerios?" Not sure where how that makes him fragile in your eyes.

Try not to understand, it never ends well. And of course no one is speaking to you but as usual you see me post and have to run right over and projectile vomit your tripe all over the place LOL!! Oh wait did I attack YOU with that?? Please let me know so I can try to help your recover.
Babeinbucland

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:25 am

P-R-O-J-E-C-T-I-N-G!!!!
DreadNaught

Postby deltbucs » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:44 am

Babeinbucland wrote:
deltbucs wrote:I don't see where he said that you attacked him. You were throwing a hissy fit and he asked "Who pissed in your Cheerios?" Not sure where how that makes him fragile in your eyes.

Try not to understand, it never ends well. And of course no one is speaking to you but as usual you see me post and have to run right over and projectile vomit your tripe all over the place LOL!! Oh wait did I attack YOU with that?? Please let me know so I can try to help your recover.

So your answer to my post is to throw another hissy fit. You get upset so easily.
deltbucs

Postby deltbucs » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:46 am

DreadNaught wrote:P-R-O-J-E-C-T-I-N-G!!!!

LOL!
Now be prepared for another hissy fit and her schtick pretending not to be mad and telling us how I and all the other boys are obsessed with her.
deltbucs

Postby Babeinbucland » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:19 am

deltbucs wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:Try not to understand, it never ends well. And of course no one is speaking to you but as usual you see me post and have to run right over and projectile vomit your tripe all over the place LOL!! Oh wait did I attack YOU with that?? Please let me know so I can try to help your recover.

So your answer to my post is to throw another hissy fit. You get upset so easily.

That was lame. And worse, it was boring. You are really bad at this lol I really don't expect much of you and you never exceed my expectations. What else ya got?
Babeinbucland

Postby deltbucs » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:44 pm

Umm...ok. You try too hard.
deltbucs

Postby Rocker » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:56 pm

deltbucs wrote:Umm...ok. You try too hard.

You done fucked up now. Expect a 3/4 screen diatribe about how clueless, unintelligent, insensitive, and out of touch you are.

#Feminazisarepeopletoo
Rocker

Postby deltbucs » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:25 pm

Rocker wrote:
deltbucs wrote:Umm...ok. You try too hard.

You done fucked up now. Expect a 3/4 screen diatribe about how clueless, unintelligent, insensitive, and out of touch you are.

#Feminazisarepeopletoo

And the funny thing is that she really thinks she's convincing people that that is the case. Meanwhile, there's a collective eye roll.
deltbucs

Postby Selmon Rules » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:35 pm

I'm going to go with "Hormonal imbalance" for $800, Alex....
Selmon Rules

Postby Ken Carson » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:25 pm

Saw a headline that Russia was buying Black Lives Matters ads in Baltimore and Ferguson. On my phone so I can't link. Anyone else see that?
Ken Carson

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:05 pm

Ken Carson wrote:Saw a headline that Russia was buying Black Lives Matters ads in Baltimore and Ferguson. On my phone so I can't link. Anyone else see that?

Yup, it was an article on the Corsair News Network.

Supposedly Russia is responsible for the civil *discord in America.

*posted from my phone and used 'discourse' instead of 'discord' by mistake
Last edited by DreadNaught on Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
DreadNaught

Postby bucfanclw » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:11 am

DreadNaught wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:Saw a headline that Russia was buying Black Lives Matters ads in Baltimore and Ferguson. On my phone so I can't link. Anyone else see that?

Supposedly Russia is responsible for the civil discourse in America.

Russia is responsible for civil discourse? Seems... odd... but I guess we should thank them.
bucfanclw

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:17 am

bucfanclw wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

Supposedly Russia is responsible for the civil discourse in America.

Russia is responsible for civil discourse? Seems... odd... but I guess we should thank them.

Here is the article.

At least one of the Facebook ads bought by Russians during the 2016 presidential campaign referenced Black Lives Matter and was specifically targeted to reach audiences in Ferguson, Missouri and Baltimore, sources with knowledge of the ads told CNN. Ferguson and Baltimore had gained widespread attention for the large and violent protests over police shootings of black men. The decision to target the ad in those two cities offers the first look at how accounts linked to the Russian government-affiliated troll farm known as the Internet Research Agency used geographically targeted advertising to sow political chaos in the United States, the sources said.

Facebook has previously said that roughly one-quarter of the 3,000 ads bought by the agency were geographically targeted, but it has not revealed any specific locations. Facebook has also not revealed which demographic groups and interest groups were targeted by the ads. The Black Lives Matter ad appeared on Facebook at some point in late 2015 or early 2016, the sources said. The sources said it appears the ad was meant to appear both as supporting Black Lives Matter but also could be seen as portraying the group as threatening to some residents of Baltimore and Ferguson.

New descriptions of the Russian-bought ads shared with CNN suggest that the apparent goal of the Russian buyers was to amplify political discord and fuel an atmosphere of incivility and chaos, though not necessarily to promote one candidate or cause over another. Facebook's review of Russian efforts on its platform focused on a timeframe from June 2015 to May 2017. These ranged from posts promoting Black Lives Matter to posts promoting gun rights and the Second Amendment to posts warning about what they said was the threat undocumented immigrants posed to American democracy. Beyond the election, Russians have sought to raise questions about western democracies. "This is consistent with the overall goal of creating discord inside the body politic here in the United States, and really across the West," Steve Hall, the former CIA officer and CNN National Security Analyst, said. "It shows they the level of sophistication of their targeting. They are able to sow discord in a very granular nature, target certain communities and link them up with certain issues." The Internet Research Agency is a shadowy agency that U.S. military intelligence has described as "a state-funded organization that blogs and tweets on behalf of the Kremlin." A senior Kremlin spokesman said last week that Russia did not buy ads on Facebook to influence the election. The ads were bought through Facebook's self-service ad model, which allows buyers to target their ads to users based on several criteria, including geographic location, demographic categories and specific interests.

Senator Mark Warner, the top-ranking Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee, said Tuesday that the "million-dollar question" about the Facebook ads centered on how the Russians knew whom to target. "Did they know this just by following political news in America? Did they geo-target both geography and by demographics in ways that at least at first blush appear pretty sophisticated? These are the kind of questions that we need to get answered and that's why we need them in a public hearing," Warner said. The targeting issue is also important because, if it appears that the targeting was particularly sophisticated, questions may be raised about how the Russians knew where to direct their ads. Further, information about the targeting could help investigators determine whether or not there was collusion between these ad buyers and the Trump campaign. Republican Sen. Richard Burr, the chairman of the committee, said Tuesday that there's "no evidence yet" that Russians and Trump officials colluded on the Facebook ads, but said it's an area the committee continues to investigate. The Black Lives Matter ad targeted toward Baltimore and Ferguson, which sources discussed with CNN on the condition of anonymity, was one of a small handful of ads presented to congress earlier this month. Facebook has said that it will hand over detailed records of all 3,000 ads to congress in a matter of days. CNN has not seen the ad but the targeted was described by the sources.
Facebook has already handed over copies of the ads and information about the relevant accounts to Special Counsel Robert Mueller, who is conducting an investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election. Facebook did not comment for this story but did point to a statement from Facebook's chief security officer, Alex Stamos, who said earlier this month that "the vast majority of ads run by these accounts didn't specifically reference the U.S. presidential election, voting or a particular candidate." "Rather," Stamos said, "the ads and accounts appeared to focus on amplifying divisive social and political messages across the ideological spectrum -- touching on topics from LGBT matters to race issues to immigration to gun rights." Warner, the top Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee, said this week that the aim of the ad-buyers "was to sow chaos." "In many cases, it was more about voter suppression rather than increasing turnout," he told reporters.
The Senate Intelligence Committee will also hear from Twitter on Thursday about how foreign nationals may have used its ad service to influence the 2016 election. Twitter has declined to shed any light so far on what information it plans to give to Congress.
DreadNaught

Postby bucfanclw » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:21 am

DreadNaught wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:Russia is responsible for civil discourse? Seems... odd... but I guess we should thank them.

Here is the article.

At least one of the Facebook ads bought by Russians during the 2016 presidential campaign referenced Black Lives Matter and was specifically targeted to reach audiences in Ferguson, Missouri and Baltimore, sources with knowledge of the ads told CNN. Ferguson and Baltimore had gained widespread attention for the large and violent protests over police shootings of black men. The decision to target the ad in those two cities offers the first look at how accounts linked to the Russian government-affiliated troll farm known as the Internet Research Agency used geographically targeted advertising to sow political chaos in the United States, the sources said.

Facebook has previously said that roughly one-quarter of the 3,000 ads bought by the agency were geographically targeted, but it has not revealed any specific locations. Facebook has also not revealed which demographic groups and interest groups were targeted by the ads. The Black Lives Matter ad appeared on Facebook at some point in late 2015 or early 2016, the sources said. The sources said it appears the ad was meant to appear both as supporting Black Lives Matter but also could be seen as portraying the group as threatening to some residents of Baltimore and Ferguson.

New descriptions of the Russian-bought ads shared with CNN suggest that the apparent goal of the Russian buyers was to amplify political discord and fuel an atmosphere of incivility and chaos, though not necessarily to promote one candidate or cause over another. Facebook's review of Russian efforts on its platform focused on a timeframe from June 2015 to May 2017. These ranged from posts promoting Black Lives Matter to posts promoting gun rights and the Second Amendment to posts warning about what they said was the threat undocumented immigrants posed to American democracy. Beyond the election, Russians have sought to raise questions about western democracies. "This is consistent with the overall goal of creating discord inside the body politic here in the United States, and really across the West," Steve Hall, the former CIA officer and CNN National Security Analyst, said. "It shows they the level of sophistication of their targeting. They are able to sow discord in a very granular nature, target certain communities and link them up with certain issues." The Internet Research Agency is a shadowy agency that U.S. military intelligence has described as "a state-funded organization that blogs and tweets on behalf of the Kremlin." A senior Kremlin spokesman said last week that Russia did not buy ads on Facebook to influence the election. The ads were bought through Facebook's self-service ad model, which allows buyers to target their ads to users based on several criteria, including geographic location, demographic categories and specific interests.

Senator Mark Warner, the top-ranking Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee, said Tuesday that the "million-dollar question" about the Facebook ads centered on how the Russians knew whom to target. "Did they know this just by following political news in America? Did they geo-target both geography and by demographics in ways that at least at first blush appear pretty sophisticated? These are the kind of questions that we need to get answered and that's why we need them in a public hearing," Warner said. The targeting issue is also important because, if it appears that the targeting was particularly sophisticated, questions may be raised about how the Russians knew where to direct their ads. Further, information about the targeting could help investigators determine whether or not there was collusion between these ad buyers and the Trump campaign. Republican Sen. Richard Burr, the chairman of the committee, said Tuesday that there's "no evidence yet" that Russians and Trump officials colluded on the Facebook ads, but said it's an area the committee continues to investigate. The Black Lives Matter ad targeted toward Baltimore and Ferguson, which sources discussed with CNN on the condition of anonymity, was one of a small handful of ads presented to congress earlier this month. Facebook has said that it will hand over detailed records of all 3,000 ads to congress in a matter of days. CNN has not seen the ad but the targeted was described by the sources.
Facebook has already handed over copies of the ads and information about the relevant accounts to Special Counsel Robert Mueller, who is conducting an investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election. Facebook did not comment for this story but did point to a statement from Facebook's chief security officer, Alex Stamos, who said earlier this month that "the vast majority of ads run by these accounts didn't specifically reference the U.S. presidential election, voting or a particular candidate." "Rather," Stamos said, "the ads and accounts appeared to focus on amplifying divisive social and political messages across the ideological spectrum -- touching on topics from LGBT matters to race issues to immigration to gun rights." Warner, the top Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee, said this week that the aim of the ad-buyers "was to sow chaos." "In many cases, it was more about voter suppression rather than increasing turnout," he told reporters.
The Senate Intelligence Committee will also hear from Twitter on Thursday about how foreign nationals may have used its ad service to influence the 2016 election. Twitter has declined to shed any light so far on what information it plans to give to Congress.

You realize discord and discourse are two very different things... right?
bucfanclw

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:35 am

bucfanclw wrote:You realize discord and discourse are two very different things... right?

My bad. Posted from my phone late at night and didn't have the CNN article in front me to ensure I matched the word exactly. Honest mistake and wasn't trying to misrepresent the article.
DreadNaught

Postby Ken Carson » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:27 am

Thanks for posting it. It really does put a damper on theTrump/Russian collusion angle. The evidence seems to be leadi down the path that Russian is constantly trying to rule up our citizens against each other. I heard on NOR yesterday that the Russian troll farms were hashtaging both #takeaknee and #boycottnfl just this past weekend.

Sad thing is we are playing right into their hands.
Ken Carson

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion